Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) DonDoubleu3's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hail!

Hello, All!

Long time visitor to the site. I've lurked for years and decided to pop onto the forums.

I'm a fan of the 2600 and retrogaming in general. Glad to be part of the group!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all.

My name is Brian... I'm currently a senior in college and will be graduating with a degree in History. I've always been a gamer but have recently gotten into collecting. Given that I'm pretty new at this (collecting) I will probably have quite a few questions for the forum, so thanks ahead of time!

-e4g

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm a college student going for an English major and I live in northern New Jersey so I stop by DP fairly often. My first system was the NES and I've been playing video games since a little before I was 2. My collection is currently up to about 700 games (I haven't counted in a while though so that's a fairly rough estimate) and I play pretty much anything except sport games and the majority of racing games, but my favorite type of games are RPG's. I don't have a particularly favorite system, but I would have to say if I had to choose I would pick either the NES or the SNES (the former for the wide variety of truly difficult and unique games, the latter for having many of my favorite RPG's). I mostly collect games to play them for fun, but my main quirk in terms of collecting is I like to try to find games that are very weird (such as Stretch Panic) and games that are very bad (for example, Shadow Madness). The main qualities I look for in games are they have to either be very challenging (I hate games that hold your hand the whole way through) or are very unique (the Katamari series comes to mind); a strong story is also something I look for, but only in RPG's. I would have to say that one of the stupidest things I have ever done was when I was like every other easily excitable little kid who knew nothing about rarity (and certainly not about thinking things through) I sold nearly 100 NES games all at once for something like $2 each (often less) for a shiny new N64; thankfully I have tracked down and gotten back the vast majority of them and don't plan to let them go again anytime soon.

I don't have a particular favorite game for most systems, but for anyone interested here's a quick list of the games I'm sure are my favorite on their respective systems:
    SNES: Final Fantasy 6 (also my favorite game overall)
    Gamecube/Wii: their respective Smash Bros. games
    N64: Mischief Makers
    Genesis: another amazing Treasure game, Gunstar Heroes
    Xbox: Panzer Dragoon Orta
    360: Lost Odyssey
    Gameboy (original): Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters 2
    NES: this is pretty close since there are so many good games on the NES and I know the game is a Megaman clone but I have to go with Bucky O'Hare

To put things in a much more condensed form: I like collecting and playing a wide variety of games for both old and new systems and have been a gamer for pretty much my entire life. Also, I tend to write very long and wordy posts on forums fairly often, so sorry in advance to anyone that reads those in their entirety.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The sXe Punk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The sXe Punk

Talking New

so im new so i guess i have to introduce myself....well um yeah!
    Ive starting adding to my classic stuff that i already had as a kid last year its been slow but its fun. I mostly collect SNES NES genesis PSX. And i game on the 360. And my names Mark

Ive actually been to the DP store a few times and its awsome!..my grandma lives down in clifton. Im mostly into shooters, the Castlevania series, Final Fantasy, Contra, Mario, Sonic and Gears of war and other games on the 360
    Last edited by The sXe Punk; 01-10-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Do Work Son

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love pc game, i have found pc gaming tips, so i am here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pulawman
    PSN
    pulawman

Default puLawman's Intro

- Who you are
    Go by puLawman or Cash, real name is Cody

- Where you live
    Live in the miserable region of northern Indiana

- How you found the forums
    I'm a forum addict and really wanted to participate in forum about retro gaming, a couple words into trusty ol' Google and viola....digitpress

- What your favorite games are
    I have a lot of favs, but those that stand out most are usually fighting games or adventure/platform games
    *Tobal No.1/2
    *Street Fighter franchise
    *Crash Bandicoot 1/2
    *Super Mario World
    *Genesis Sonic series

- What systems do you collect for?
    Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1/2, Snes, GB/GBA

- What you do in "real life"
    Recent graduate of Purdue University...now working in the automotive manufacturing industry and hopefully returning to school full time next fall.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I purchased a Genesis console last year after remembering all the great child hood memories that I had playing games on these legacy systems. Well, I went on a buying frenzy and now I own a Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Snes, and a DS (GBA). I'm having great times finding good deals on classic games. My wife and I also tend to have more fun playing these old games than we do playing my Xbox 360 and PS3.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face Hi.

My name is Maus, I'm 26 and live in LA. As of now, I am studying for the LSAT. Some of my favorite games are Balloon Fight, Bubble Bobble, and anything Zelda or Castelvania (specifically SOTN). This place seems cool, I hope to spend some time posting here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Xplosive18

Hello everybody,

My name is Brian and I've always been a gamer, but it wasn't untill recently that the nostalgic bug hit me and I started collecting all the systems and games from when I was a kid including the NES, SMS, and Genesis. I also have a 360 and Nintendo DS. My favorate games of all time include Sonic 2, Legend of Zelda 1+2, Megaman 2, Ninja Gaiden, and more recently Rock Band. I look forward to posting a bunch around here as it seems to be full of a bunch of geeks such as myself lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

My other post is extremely old and inaccurate. I dunno what I was thinking. Metal? I freakin hate metal. Must have had my genres confused.

Anyway, I'm Nirvana. My real name is Lyle. I'm a college student, and I'm working real hard for the future just like all of you guys ^_^ Hopefully.

Video games, you ask? I grew up on RPGs. It was crazy. When I was 5, my brother enabled for two players in Final Fantasy III on the SNES (technically FFVI). I would be Edgar and Cyan. Oh so fun. But when I hit high school, my love for RPGs seemed to disappear. I got more into sports games and mainstream games, like NFL 2k5 and Halo. I think this was because I was really developing as a human being in general. I learned how to play guitar and finally put my natural speed to use as I played football and joined track.

Recently, I got back into RPGs as I am currently going through the Legend of Dragoon.

When I came to this forum, I noticed everyone was extremely mature as opposed to other message boards. There are NEVER any memes said by anyone. It's insane. And I love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pitchblackvoid

Talking

- Who are you?
    Carlos, 28

- Where you live?
    (North) Dallas, TX

- How did you find out about the forums?
    Being a big Neo-Geo fan, I heard about DigitPress through some members of Neo-Geo.com

- What are your favorite games?
    I love games of various types from various era, but to name a few...
    *Street Fighter series, Capcom vs. series, MK series, and SNK fighters
    *Old WWF games like SuperStars and WreslteFest, Ring Rage, Wrestle War, Saturday Night Slam Masters
    *Phantasy Star series
    *Castlevania series
    *Mega Man series
    *Resident Evil series (and anything else involving zombies)
    *Silent Hill series
    *Zelda series
    *Final Fantasy series until 8
    *16-bit era RPGs
    *Saturn shmups (I have yet to acquire Radiant Silvergun)

- What systems do you collect for?
    My dream is to one day have a house with dedicated game room with the old systems and games I used to enjoy as a kid, and discover and play systems and games I didn't have that I wanted back then and can now afford since I'm now all growed up with a job and stuff, heh. I also want a Neo MVS or candy cab, a Galaga/Pac-Man cocktail table, and an 80's USA. vs. Russia "bubble-dome" style hockey table like they had at my local Showbiz Pizza when I was little.

- What you do in "real life"?
    As far as work goes, I.T., call center, tech support, if it has to do with computer and technology, I probably do it, or have done it. Other hobbies include going to movies and concerts, comics, collecting toys and action figures, slowly build up my DVD and Laserdisc collection, reading and spending time and playing games with my soon to be wife.

- What got you into collecting?
    I guess it started back in 2001. I got one my first "real jobs" and was making decent money for the time, and I was reading a Penny Arcade comic where they referenced the Neo-Geo. I remembered how much I used to love playing games like Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown at the arcade, and that there was a place I used to go to with a friend that rented out AES consoles and games. So I started doing research on the Neo online to see how much AES systems and games were then, and saw that they were affordable (except for the super rare ones of course). I found the Neo-Geo.com site, became a member, met some people, and in a couple of weeks, I had a Neo AES and KoF2000, SS2, SS3, 3 Count Bout, and the rest is history. Now I'm trying to start on a Sega collection, mainly Genesis, CD, 32X, Saturn and imports, and Dreamcast and imports. I also have a 360 currently RRODed, and a Wii, which my wife and I play more VC games than Wii games on, lol.
    Last edited by SegaBoy; 01-20-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Cherry (Level 1) PutUrQuarterUp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction..

- Who you are
    My name is Richard and im 25 years old.

- Where you live
    Southern California

- How you found the forums
    I stumbled in one day while researching whether or not a video game price guide existed. I liked what I saw and ghosted for a while, and now ive finally decided to register.

- What your favorite games are
    >2D fighters but most of all Street Fighter and all related titles.
    >Horizontal and vertical scrolling shooters.
    >2D Castlevanias
    >Light gun games.
    >Old school coin-op beat'em ups.
    >Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu.
    >Adventure-RPG's.
    >Survival Horror
    >Mega Man
    >blah blah blah.. and the list goes on...

- What systems you collect for:
    All of them...

- What you do in "real life"
    Biological Science major focusing on Pre-Medicine.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    One day, many years ago, I couldnt find my copy of Castlevania for the NES. That weekend I went to a swapmeet and the rest is history..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dru409

Smile

Hi everyone out there.

I'm Drusilla from ST-Hubert, Quebec, Canada better known as frog land.
    I am also female of the species, is there lots of us out there?

My boyfriend undead455 has sucked me into gaming and now to this very cool and huge website.

My favorite games so far are, all the guitar hero's, rock bands, any version of tetris out there and the highly addictive rainbow colored pinatas. I think i like them cause they are close to pony's.

I don't have any systems myself because they all belong to undead455, i am allowed to play but not touch. I still say it is wrong because i have given him a lot of those systems as presents. I shouldn't complain because i am supporting his habit and i know full well the effects of my actions.

In the real life world (which is not as fun as the gamer or pony world) i proofread orders for a promotional company. We sell all kinds of pens, pencils, clocks, picture frames and stuff for the office. You know those promotional items given out at E3, my work makes those.

My love of life is collecting my little pony's and i was thrilled to find out and buy the pony game for the ds. Undead455 just loves it when my pony's filter into his video game collection.

Together we have this cool website www.undead455.com where you can see a million pictures of my pony collection and his video game collection.

The newest addition to our family is a little boy named Phoenix Aka Moo. I am sure he will grow up never wanting a video game in his life. The only question is who will get to play first? I'm sure my boyfriends and sons Christmas list will have the same stuff listed on it.

I hope to meet new people on here and learn some things about games, i cant help but play video games now.

I have been assimilated.

or dead pony?
    Last edited by Drusilla; 01-19-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: changed icon :)

Strawberry (Level 2) Game Freak's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am Game Freak. I can't tell you my real name. It would be too dangerous. The Controllers are everywhere. Everywhere. And if they knew my real name, they could find me and my friends, and then...well, let's just say I don't want them to find me. What they do to people who resist them is too horrible to think about.
    I won't even tell you where I live. You'll just have to trust me that it is a real place, a real town.
    It may even be your town.
    I'm writting this all down so that more people will learn the truth. I found these forums through my friends VACRMH, SnowKitty, and JamesF over at RFGeneration. I am 15 years old, and I greatly enjoy Super Nintendo games. Now I know what you're thinking ."Oh my god he's such a poser he should be playing XBAWKS." You know what? I hate Xbox. I dont have one. I dont plan on getting one, unless I must to get Resident Evil 5. I am not a fanboy either. I grew up on a Super Nintendo throughout my childhood and got a game i could call my own in 1998 when i got pokemon. Then started the pokemon craze. I collect pokemon stuff (From the first generation at least) and my videos can be found below. I got a PS2 in 2001. I played it for hours and hours. Dark Cloud, ICO, Jak and Daxter, MetropolisMania. All great games. I havent been able to find much time recently though with high school and what not. I do however, still buy many many games at yard sales, garage sales, flea markets, and the like. I currently have 627 video games. I have a Microsoft Access database of them, if anyone would like to look through my collection.

I have an Atari 2600, two TRS-80 CoCo 2s (16k and 64k), an Atari 5200, three NESes, two Genesis, a SNES, a PlayStation, an N64, a PSOne, two PS2s (one's the family's) two gamecubes, and two Wiis (one's the family's.) I also have a Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, four game boy colors, two GBAs, three GBA SPs, a Nintendo DS, and 6 Game Boy Micros (long story short, I took advantage of a pricing error, and plan to sell them on eBay eventually....)

I collect for SNES, and occasionally NES. My favorite games are SNES games, NES games, Mario games, PS2 games, and the Zelda series, which I completed US Nintendo releases of, with the exception of some rereleases. I don't read many books, but you can probably tell from the content of this post what I do read. In "real life" I'm a student, and I also write music for a game my school is working on. I have also been writing a book of my own, but it's going to be a long time before its finished. I also play video game songs on the piano, currently working on improving the performance of The Zelda Theme.

I hope to be around in the future to chat. Thanks for listening. feel free to send welcome PMs ^_^

Oh, by the way, I love 80s music and movies, and really like the music of Daft Punk and Michael Jackson.

Links:
    Pokemon Collection (needs updating):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJjfPqhNIE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5My4PpDWok
    Nintendo memorabilia collection:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKOeNajXV4I
    Atari 2600 games (since then got Donkey Kong):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7AYtCfj9Ho
    Zelda Collection (ignore everything after 1:09):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllZcsa7Fp0
    Database:
    http://gfnet.webs.com/frmEasy.html (will get the access database up soon)
    Last edited by Game Freak; 01-19-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I'm Eduardo, from São Paulo, Brazil. I've found digitpress.com in a link at an ebay auction (the seller said his item was S7 and to check it here).

I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Dragon Quest and Super Mario.

I don't consider myself a collector but I do have some uncommon stuff.

In "real life" I study Civil Engineering, I work with Finances in an international agroindustrial corporation and I'm also a kart driver.

Thanks for the attention!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is mobiusclimber... I know a couple people on here from risingstuff and gametz and various places. I'm not quite sure what drove me to sign up here... being an online and Craigslist seller, as well as an avid collector, I have my share of beefs w/ the prices listed in the online rarity guide. But I DID register and here I am.

Soooo... let's see....

Favorite Games:
    Phantasy Star series - I'm going to be cheating a lot and list series when applicable, and in this case it is since I like every single game in the series. III is my least favorite and IV is my most favorite, cliched opinion, I know but there's good reason it's so cliched.
    Silent Hill 1 & 2 - Great, mature storylines and generally creepy atmosphere would be why I love these two games. Any game that can shock me as much as these two did earns a place in my cold, black heart.
    Final Fantasy series - except for 8 and most of the spinoffs (barring FFT). My favorites are (in this order) FFVI, FFVII, FFX. I particularly loved the sequence with Cid in FFVI, which is why I always recommend the SNES/Sufami version of this game over the remakes. THEY REMOVED THE FAST MOVING FISH!!! I mean I know what happens here when you give him the slow ones is the canon storyline, but by making it the player's decision, the game makes you feel like it's YOUR FAULT. That's pretty damn important.
    Suikoden I, II, III - because I haven't played the others yet, mostly.
    Shadow Hearts I & II - Koudelka comes so close to being included, but there's just too many flaws. I like the first SH over the second, and think Koudelka had the best compact story... such a shame the gameplay wasn't better.
    Ico - This is what 3D Zelda should have been like!
    Legend of Zelda, LoZ Link to the Past & LoZ Link's Awakening - Haven't had as much fun w/ the other ones that I've played, but these are all ace.
    Splatterhouse series - Saw the first one when I was a wee youngun and had to have the sequels (by the time my family was looking to buy a console, the TG16 was deader than General Falicimo Francisco Franco). I have to say tho, I'm not looking forward to the resurrection of this series. Definitely looks like one corpse that shouldn't have become zombiefied.

... I should stop now, I could go on for days.

What systems do I collect for? A simpler question to answer would be, what do I collect? I mainly collect RPGs with a smaller sprinkling of games from other genres that have just held my interest for longer than five minutes. And console only. What this means is that I do not own an Atari, Collecovision or the like and don't plan to. Everything from the NES on up is fair game. The mostly-RPGs rule is why I'm not too interested in Neo-Geo (tho I'd love a cab) or Jaguar, or stuff like that.

So that's it, since this is way too long as it is. If you read all that... sorry.

Insert Coin (Level 0) mister droid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!
    I'm nathan, 38, tattoo artist in Durham NC. I've been gaming since Pong (radio shack knock-off) in the 70's and I am just getting back into collecting.
    I had a massive collection that I sold off when I made a cross country move (Michigan to North Carolina). You'd be surprised at the logistics of moving thousands of games, piles of consoles and untold amounts of gaming parephenalia... it really adds up fast.
    I have owned every system (complete with variants) except two. NeoGeo and Fairchild. This basically comes down to the fact that I avoid armchair collecting and I have never found either in the wild (I've seen NeoGeos for crazy money, but I've never laid eyes on a Fairchild Channel f). I love the hunt and every piece of gaming history that I have owned has come from haunting thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales etc.
    I picked up a couple NES consoles recently solely due to the fact that I found some rare-ish games that I couldn't pass up...I will only buy games if I have the matching console. It's called "justifying". I then bought an Atari Junior (which is also on the can't pass up list) and a pile of carts...some more Nintendo, more Atari... the fever has taken hold.
    I found this site linked on Topless Robot in reference to a certain NES prototype hoax...Great stuff, had to get in on the fun.
    Some other pertinent facts about me: I have an 11 year old son that I carefully bred and trained to hone his gaming abilities and now he has powers greater than I could have imagined.
    I also collect vintage toys (Gi Joe, Mego, Johnny West and some oddball foreign stuff). I also like to post long winded and verbose replies on internet message boards.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brent. I am a 27 year old Programmer in Sudbury Ontario, Canada. I found these forums while doing research about online gaming on consoles before the PS3 and Xbox 360. My favorite games of all time has to be Maniac Mansion and Super Mario World. I don't have a collection per say, but I do still own a SNES and Colecovision that I still play from time to time. My main intrests lie in retro gaming accessories, specifically accessories that allowed consoles to communicate with each other or allowed remote connections from older consoles.

I would love a satellaview and I hope to be able to buy one in the next year.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a Canadian. I speak Japanese and worked briefly as a translator so I mostly play Japanese games to stay sharp. They feel like less of a waste of time that way.

I went back to school a few years ago so most of my collection is in storage back at home but (somewhere) I have:
    NES (Original and a knock-off famicon)
    SNES
    GB GBA GBASP
    DS (Jap)
    PSOne (Jap)
    Ps2 (Jap and US)
    PSP (Jap)
    Xbox
    Dreamcast
    Game Gear
    NeoGeo Pocket
    Wonderswan Colour

I had a Japanese Saturn (one of the rare phillips ones) and a Japanese Gamecube but I got rid of them. I'm only really into stuff that I played (or wanted) when it was new.

Some of the highlights of my game collection are all the main Final Fantasy games, almost all of the Dragon Quests, nearly all the Marios, Downtown (Japanese River City Ransom), Ikaruga, most (all?) the square games for the WS, stacks of Japanese PS1 stuff. I've sold most of the pricey stuff I had, I'm more of a gamer than a collector. I just prefer the classics
    Last edited by GrumpyTF; 01-26-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default from toronto ontario

hi everybody
    my name is evo
    we run a retro gaming store out in toronto ontario
    been runing since 2003
    finally have some time to join this awsome group
    you are one of our links for 3 years
    our website is www.toyratt.com
    our youtube videos are under toyratt
    tks evo

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody,
    I am a Gamer since I was a little child (Amiga, Sega, NES...). I'm working as a TV journalist for the German TV and hope to make some movies about gaming very soon.
    Best wishes,
    Nicole