Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings all!

My name is Manu, from Barcelona, Spain. I'm 32.
    I collect all kinds of games, arcade cabs, jamma pcbs, console systems, computers... since i was 15!

...For sure, this forum will improve my English... well, I hope so...

SkyZoo

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Hi everyone!! Ok, here we go with the roundtable test...

- I´m Daniel, 24, from Spain. Easy Going guy here Happy to be here!
    - I live in El Escorial, a village 50kms. away from Madrid, the capital
    - I found the forums looking for an online guide on pricing
    - At this moment I´m a lot into japanese music games, specially hooked on Taiko no tatsujin. In general, I love racing (mainly sims), sports, strategy, platform and puzzle games
    - I don´t collect a lot... but I would say Master System, Mega Drive (not as much), and starting a collection on Wii
    - I don´t have a job right now... Studied for TV and journalism, but is hard to find something... just looking for something to fit in. Would like to get into the music business in the future.
    - I don´t think I´ve began collecting at all! I just have a bunch of games I like and I´m proud of, that is But I´m into many, many things... photography, video games, music... lots of things really

Hope I meet many people here and learn a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    balkiry

Hi, I'm Sean from Sydney Australia. I stumbled across this forum when looking for advice on how to fix an old console of mine. It's great to find so many passionate gamers in one place!
    I have a decent collection of Sega stuff (7 consoles and counting) which I have mostly accumulated as it came out. I've only recently got back into gaming and am trying play "catchup" by collecting some classic games I missed out on, as well as making a slow re-entry back into the current console generation. I probably began consciously collecting when I first got into ebay and nabbed a copy of Shenmue 2 for DC.
    At this moment my all time favourite games would be Sonic 2, Nights, Resident Evil CV and Resident Evil 4.
    In real life I work for a television network

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Hi im Cam
    - I live in Calgary,Alberta Canada
    - Found the forums through Neo-Geo.com
    -My favorite system i collect for is My neo Geo AES. I have a fairly large collection, with some rares.
    - IRL im an Engineer doing Geophysics in the oil patch

I started collecting after i bought my AES. A friends of mine said "OMG, you have a Neo Geo ,You should start collecting all the old systems". So i did and my collection has gotten quite large, much to my wife's dismay.

Aside from Video games, i keep a Marine Fish tank (165 G Display, with a 90 G sump) with about 13 different types of hard and soft corals,reef fish and inverts.

I am also into wake boarding,cars, Arcade cabinets, etc.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Harley from the state of Missouri. I'm 13, but I've been collecting rare classic games for about five years. I enjoy playing older games over the newer ones, since they're usually a lot more challenging and a lot less complicated. My favorite game of all time is GEX (Playstation One), a game I grew up with. Other favorites include Bonk's Adventure,Air Zonk, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Battroid. I've been playing and getting bored with video games for years. I've finally came to the conclusion that these new systems are getting just too complicated and taking all the fun out of gaming. So, I've finally dusted off the ol' Super Nintendo and I'm having a blast revisiting all these great games. This forum seems like the perfect place for me to get involved and keep up on the goings on in the retro game world. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Motherbrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. My name is John and after lurking for a while I finally joined up today. I've been a fan of video games since getting an Atari way back when, and have become a huge Nintendo fan since getting my first system in 1986. At the moment I'm only actively collecting NES and SNES stuff, but I do have an Intellivision and hope to get an Atari 2600 in the very near future.

I run a pretty new website at www.8bitmadness.com that currently includes a bunch of cool NES stuff but I'm hoping to expand to SNES in the near future. NES was enough work as it is though.

In addition to being a classic gamer, I collect action figures, play a little bit of bass and guitar and am a big baseball fan. Don't laugh at me, but I'm a life-long Royals fan.

Anyway, just a quick bit about me. This is an awesome place and I'm glad I finally joined!

John

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,
    I am James, age 22, from North Carolina. Graduated in May '08 with dual bachelorette degrees, which are utterly useless at this point in this wonderful economy. Currently I am employed by the county as a sales clerk. I did not begin hordering/collecting video games until the last 6 months. I try to collect as cheapy as possible by hitting up pawn shops, flea markets, craigslist, etc... I find I enjoy the hunting more often then the finding, mainly because I don't find much. I have had some luck in the past couple of months amassing my collection.

The collection really has no rhyme or reason. If I see something I like for the right price I'll try to purchase it. The collection spans from the Master System to the Wii. I prefer to collect for the SMS/NES up to the 64.

So far:
    Consoles: 10 (excluding Sega CD, 32X, SMS II, 2nd Jaguar)
    First Console: NES/ First Console bought for collecting: Sega Genesis
    Fav. Console: Dreamcast or Genesis
    Fav. Genres: Varies, used to be into Racing Sims, but I'm all over the place now
    Collect: NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, SegaCD, 32X, Dreamcast, Jaguar, and 3DO
    Most Wanted: Turbo Grafix, and lots more games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherbrain View Post
    Hey everyone. My name is John and after lurking for a while I finally joined up today. I've been a fan of video games since getting an Atari way back when, and have become a huge Nintendo fan since getting my first system in 1986. At the moment I'm only actively collecting NES and SNES stuff, but I do have an Intellivision and hope to get an Atari 2600 in the very near future.

I run a pretty new website at www.8bitmadness.com that currently includes a bunch of cool NES stuff but I'm hoping to expand to SNES in the near future. NES was enough work as it is though.

In addition to being a classic gamer, I collect action figures, play a little bit of bass and guitar and am a big baseball fan. Don't laugh at me, but I'm a life-long Royals fan.

Anyway, just a quick bit about me. This is an awesome place and I'm glad I finally joined!

John
    Hi John! Nice to meet ya

I see you're a Royals fan. I'm the same way with the White Sox (and I live in a small town in Arkansas I'm sure you already know, but we start the year off playing each other in Chicago. Looking at the Royals squad this season, I believe they're going to be pretty tough. Good luck

-Mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what up.

im justin, 22, from nj. ive given the digital press store some decent business and ive only been there twice.

i have too many games, too many systems, and too many arcade games. im running out of room and really need to overhaul my basement.

im working on a computer engineering degree at rutgers, with electives such as VR, AI, and CG.
    im hoping to put that towards either medical rehab or of course, video games.

i think the majority of gaming peaked during the 16 bit era and hasnt been the same since. fighters and platformers are the best kind of games, and fps just doesnt do it for me unless its on a pc.

i spend most of my time on neo-geo.com.

some of my failed attempts at websites include an arcade tech site and a graphical move list site for fighters.

http://eden.rutgers.edu/~notsonic/mo...se/index.shtml

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I'm Blake. I came here to look for nes multicarts after gametz told me that I couldn't ask for them there. Like most of you guys, I'm running out of space to store my stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Nikki. I live in southwest Missouri. I always loved the NES but never really got into collecting until after September 11th. After that, my husband started getting deployed a lot. I got bored and started hanging out at flea markets and comic book stores in my spare time. Consequently, I have a completely awesome Transformers collection. One day I decided to make a list of all the games and systems we had and I realized I had a crapload of those too. I decided to start referring to it as my collection so it would sound like I did it on purpose. Luckily, my husband completely supports this hobby (because he's a boy) so we currently have:
    5 Intellivision games (no system yet)
    Atari 2600 w/47 games
    NES w/21 games
    Gameboy w/5 games
    SNES w/5 games
    Atari Lynx w/6 games
    GBA and GBSP w/15 games
    30 PS games
    Dreamcast w/15 games
    Sega Genesis w/23 games
    Sega Game Gear w/7 games
    N64w/13 games
    2 PS2's w/49 games
    2 XBOX's w/24 games
    Gamecube w/1 game
    2 NDS w/18 games
    2 PSP's w/22 games
    Wii w/10 games
    PS3 w/3 games
    XBOX360 w/3 games

I've also gotten into some other old electronics and have acquired a C.E.D. player, a betamax, and a laserdisc.

I like platform games. I love Mario and Spyro. Puzzle games are cool too. I don't really have any MISB or rare games. With the Transformers, I am good and don't open things. Video Games are my fun/get to touch and play with everything hobby.

Insert Coin (Level 0) gameRaTeR's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - I am Teh 1337 GameRaTeR or simply known as Kevin Santos!
    - Ridgefield park new jersey =l
    - From the store and from a school buddy called dylan or you may know him as dastardly dylan
    - Ooh it varies but i like the ff series and half life
    - My dream is to collect all consoles and all their classics. i have a great amount now!
    - Managerial assistant for taxes(Dull for a gamer no?)
    - As a kid i was born 92 and i had a nintendo when i was 4. I was armed with secret of mana, earthworm jim and mk3. I Fell in love with gaming. it kept me a good boy and made a 2nd world for me. From then on i said "Wow! If i like these games then that n64 must be good too!" And kablam. I collected that gen's consoles and now im going back into the other ones. I have the SNES NES N64, Sega Genesis Odyssey 2, Atari 2600, Tournament 2000, Ps2, Gamecube and a few hand helds!
    Ladies and Gentlemen..Boys and girls!
    Have I a show for you..
    I R CACTUAR!

Insert Coin (Level 0) punkrockdave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !?

I'm Travis, i live in Idaho(its as bad as you've heard), for funds i make terrible techno, i found the site through Google pertaining to a question i had about my deal of the century Dreamcast (2 controllers with vmu's, a jump pack, and about 30 games for $75 i couldn't pass it up) so yeah that's me in a nut shell

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel like I need to be here. Over the past year and a half, I've amassed kind of a big collection of systems. In no particular order:

ColecoVision (with modules 1 and 2)
    NES
    Genesis 2 (with Sega CD)
    Dreamcast
    Saturn (a black one AND a white one)
    SNES
    Atari XE
    TurboGrafx-16
    The Philips CD-i I've had since 1993
    3DO (two, actually: a working GoldStar and a dud Panasonic FZ-1)
    X'Eye (with the classic "No CD" problem)
    Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Advance
    PS One (the small one)
    Wii (my one concession to modern gaming)

As for the rest of me, I'm a vintage tech freak, a thrift store fiend and flea market bargain hunter extraordinaire (that's how I ended up with most of these systems, not to mention half the stuff in my co-op). I live on Long Island, and I get paid to watch TV all night. No, really - I'm a master control operator. Oh, and I use way too many parentheses (I apologize for that). I've googled for things that have led me here a few times, and the last couple things I've googled led me to read into the forum a little more...so here I am - officially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Nikita. I am 19, and currently studying engineering at the University of Calgary (Canada).

I started collecting video games about a year and a half ago. I'm most interested in hardware, and tend to only buy games that interest me, and that I intend to play. As such my ratio of games to consoles is pretty low, I own about 250 games, which works out to about 10 per console on average.

So far I have acquired the following consoles (the Wii and Gamecube are my brother's):

Magnavox: Odyssey (1973)
    Atari: Super Pong, 2600
    Coleco: Colecovision
    Nintendo: NES (toaster and toploader), SNES (versions 1 and 2), N64, Gamecube, Wii, Virtual Boy (in the mail), Game Boy (original, pocket, advance SP, and Micro)
    NEC: Turbografx 16 (with turbo booster in the mail)
    Sega: Master System, Genesis (models 1 and 2, and 32x add on), Saturn, Dreamcast (with Samba de Amigo, one of the best games ever!), Game Gear
    Sony: Playstation (both case styles), PS2
    Microsoft: Xbox (Silver edition)
    Zapit: Game Wave
    Xgamestation (more of a learning console)
    An MVS arcade board and Jungle Hunt arcade PCB, currently making a supergun to play it.

I've been reading this site for awhile now, but some things have come up with my collecting that I need to ask questions about, so I finally signed up for an account. Other things I like are collecting old electronics (reel to reel players, laser disc, etc.) and working on a number of projects (often electrical in nature).
    Last edited by SPAZ-12; 07-07-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello. I am Alexander, the Game Dude!

Inspired by the AVGN, I satirically rant on shitty video games. Type (Game Dude) at Youtube or even Google to find my Youtube channel. I am now at film school to learn how to make my videos better. All video game reviews currently posted were made before I went to film school, so they're decent. Take a look anyway, if you'd like.

PS: I was formerly known as the Annoyed Gaming Geek, but I changed the name because it was too similar to the Angry Video Game Nerd.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im french/italian.i'm crazy too.im an otaku,a gamer,a retrogamer,a computer fan,a book worm a(here i putted a black hole that has deleted 99% of what i said),a apprendist patissier and a lot more!!!!

I registered here because...i dunno i just liked the topic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Bryan. I live in NJ and go to college in NY.

I don't collect for any systems right now. I own a Genesis which I got when I was about 5. I only had 3 games for it (Sonic Spinball, Virtua Racer, and Ms. Pac Man). I bought the 4 Sonic games (1, 2, 3, Knuckles) about 5-6 years later at Funcoland and Adventures of Batman & Robin when it was in the bargain bin at Toys R Us.

I never owned a SNES and I wish I did. I played it a few times at friends' houses and loved it. I have played SNES and NES games on rereleases (I have all the Super Mario Advance games, Metroid Zero Mission. I got Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, and Super Metroid on Virtual Console. Also recently got Chrono Trigger for DS and love it).

I found the site looking for reviews of the Retro Duo which I plan to buy soon. I'm going to buy the games I missed out on for Genesis, SNES, and NES. I'd stick to emulation but it just doesn't feel the same.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone

My name is George and I am a student at CU Boulder.

I have been playing games since around 1987 and started with the NES. I started collecting around 99 with the PS1 being my first focus. I had a really nice PS1 RPG collection that I had to sell to make bills when my wife got pregnant about 4 years ago. I have yet to replace them but have continued to collect and Sunday finally reached the 1000 mark. That joy was somewhat squandered on Monday when I was told the pain in my hands, wrists and arms may be rheumatoid arthritis, seriously hampering my ability to do most of my hobbies. The blood work comes back tomorrow so *fingers crossed*

I found this website looking for others who are video game collectors. Most of my friends have collections of around 30 games, friends I have online have 200 or so games. I wanted to find people who had closer to me. I also wanted to find a community that could help me focus my collecting a little but better because I would just buy games with no aim or purpose. Lurking around here for a while has helped me with that.

So yeah that is me. I look forward to interacting with fellow enthusiast.