Page 109 of 164 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Hello everyone,

I am Aaron from Kansas. I have been into video games for about 20 years, but just recently started collecting seriously. I am in school right now studying networking. I found out about the site on Nintendo Age. I look forward to interacting with everyone .

Insert Coin (Level 0) retrogamecity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default oh yes .. the retro

Hi ! I`m Andy ,

I`m 28, I live in Japan, love snowboarding and basketball !
    I run an online store called Retro Game City selling all the old classic gaming console , games and accesssories from Japan. Perhaps I may be able to help a few people with their collections? I also run an Ebay store under andy-games-japan doing the same thing. Great fun!
    retrogamecity.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    oldskoolandy

Hey everyone I'm oldskoolandy and live in Milwaukee, WI. I was directed to these forums from someone at GameTZ.com. I lurked for a bit and decided to join soon after. I enjoy collecting and playing and focus mostly on Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn games/systems. I'm looking to start broadening my gaming horizons and expand into other systems and games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Owen Brand... TI-99 enthusiast and programmer

Hello all. My name is Owen. I've been a TI-99 enthusiast since the mid 80's and have amassed an exceptional collection of hardware AND software. I am also a TI-99 programmer. I have written several games and several variations of established games... For instance I created several Tunnels of Doom unique and original adventures to be used with the ToD game module produced by Texas instruments in 1981. For some of my many videos on computer programming, view my YouTube account. www.youtube.com/user/Opry99er. Soon I will be posting videos of my newest game release (still in BETA form) Lemonade Stand... an original adaptation of the Video Brain game of the same name.
    I am a guitar player for my job. Sounds strange, but I play lead guitar for a band called Scarekrow (myspace.com/scarekrowmusic). I am on the road most of the time, but when I'm home-- I'm on my computer. When I'm on the road, I am on my laptop working on my ti99 emulator called Classic99. It is my goal to put out 3-5 totally original games per year for the TI99 until the day I die. =) Sounds interesting, doesn't it? (not really... just very obsessive). I love the TI-99. It makes my world happy. If any of you are interested in what it is and how to use it... eMail me or message me. =) I'd be glad to tell you all about it... I might even have a few extra computers lying around in case someone is interested in programming with me. Could always use a co-author on my NEXT work... I will be designing a TI-99 version of the classic game "Drug Wars." It will be more faithful to the PC version than the calculator version... because I have much more capabilities with my TI99 rig than are available on calculators. Thank you all, and I can't wait to get to know some of you.

Owen

Insert Coin (Level 0) HardcoreOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I'm new to the Digital Press,
    I'm from the UK and into mainly PC-Engine, Saturn, Super Famicom and Neo Geo.

Looking forward to surfing the Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default <<It's me Gau, I'm your friend ! Let's travel together !>> (Gau; FF6)

Hey guys~ !!! ^_____^ Uwaoo~ >___>;

My name is Christian. I'm a 21 year-old SNES/SFC-freak from germany and I found my way here through one of the many advertisements for this page that other sites seem to link all over their websites!

First, let me tell you how I got into retro gaming. I mostly focus on SNES-games and I'd almost describe my passion for this system as pure addiction... Five years ago, I lost my SNES collection to a fire.. T___T; *stares blankly* At that point, I did not really have any rare items in my collection, but considering the huge amount of time that I had spent with those games It simply meant a lot to me... That collection was the very essence of my youth, and although that may sound weird to some of you I can not say anything different.. In order to overcome that loss I started to rebuild my collection, but once I got all my games back I couldn't put an end to this. :)

Today, my collection still expands. I focus mainly on SFC imports, for the reason that I adore many of the japanese RPGs. I am (desperately) looking forward to buying every single RPG that was ever released by squaresoft, wich is, so to say, my biggest goal~

Soooo~ why am I here anyway..? Since there are some nice german boards mainly concentrating on the SNES, one might ask for my motives of putting effort into another membership, especially because I'm not a native speaker.. First, though focusing on the SNES, I am also open for any other retro systems that are being discussed here. ^_______^; Second point is, I want to ... expand my horizon! I thought it would be a great experience to meet people all over the world who share my passion.

Finally, you need to understand that I am not a native speaker >____>; I only have what they teached me at school, and therefor you must excuse any language problems that I may have ~___~ pretty please >___>;

Now have a good day und liebe Grüße aus Deutschland. Sauerkraut!! =)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gooseberrysoda's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm Gooseberrysoda, but if I'm on here long enough (which is unlikely), you'll probably get to know me as Alex. Anyway, I'm a fan of both Sega and Nintendo, although my very favourite system is the 32X.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, my name's Andrew. I'm 20 years old but have been gaming possibly since I was less than 2 years old. I've been a collector since 2006.

I have these systems:

NES
    NES toploader
    SNES
    SNES Jr
    N64
    Gamecube (model with component outputs)
    Wii
    GBC x2
    GBA
    GBA SP2
    GB micro
    DS
    DS lite
    Genesis model 2
    Saturn model 2
    Sega CD model 2
    GameGear

I want a Dreamcast, Master System, and Nomad though x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone! I am new here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Matt, I am 31 yrs old, and I am from Frankfort,IN. I have loved gaming my whole life but I have entered a huge "retro gaming collector" phase recently. See, I have been debilitated with an incurable illness known as "AS" for the last seven years. I am able to still keep working at my job doing retail sales but that's about all I was interested in doing just to keep busy. Then back in Feb. of this year I bought my first laptop computer and decided to go to eBay and just check and see what kind of games are available for auction. That's when the retro bug hit me. I am actually excited now to come home from work and not lay my aching body down on the couch but get on eBay and other gaming sites to see what I can score. There is also three very fine retro game stores in my area with nice selections. I was always fascinated by the Turbografx and it's Japanese counterpart the PC Engine. These are my two favorite consoles now. Here's a rundown on what I have collected since February.

1) Turbografx w/CD-ROM2 add on w/ games
    2)Sega Master System w/games
    3)Sega CD for my Genesis
    4)Super System Card 3.0 to turn my Turbo CD into a Super CD-ROM2 unit!(I thank Pat over at PompeyParsons for the Turbo CD and the Super System Card because he sold me both items at cost! He's an all around good egg.)

This list will surely grow over time. Now here's the systems that have been in my collection since their initial release.

1)NES
    2)Sega Genesis
    3)Super Nintendo
    4)PlayStation
    5)Nintendo 64
    6)Sega Dreamcast
    7)PlayStation 2
    8)Game Boy Advance
    9)Nintendo DS
    10)Gamecube
    11)XBox
    12)XBox 360

I look forward to what the future brings with my new life. This forum will hopefully be a part of that. Thanks for reading!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm new. Had thoughs of "silver spoons" more in depth recently (worries) - remember Edward's mansion stocked with arcade video games ? - and looked for some arcade boards with google, and found yours nice enough to stop by and say Hello.

But not still the forum I'm looking for ! Take care.

Edit : Well, lucky me, I just found it (and not with google)
    Last edited by Epim; 05-23-2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Heraclitus, fragment 52.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I used a lot the pricing guide of DP in the past years and I've finally decided to be a member of this forum. My first console was a Colecovision and I fought in the 8bit/16bit war (SEGA vs Nintendo). I was on the Nintendo side back then . Now, I'm a mercenary, I have no allegiance... freedom... hehe. Here's the list of the console I own:

Atari 2600 (Wood, Vader)
    Atari 2600 Jr
    Intellivision (I and II)
    Colecovision
    Leisure-Vision (Canadian version of the Arcadia 2001)
    Vectrex
    Nes (Toaster & Top Loader)
    Snes (Normal & Mini)
    Virtual Boy
    Turbo-Grafx 16
    Turbo-Grafx CD
    Sega Master System (I and II)
    Sega Genesis (I and II)
    Sega Power Base Converter
    Sega CD
    Sega CDX
    JVC X'Eye
    Sega 32X
    Atari Jaguar
    Atari Jaguar CD
    Panasonic 3DO
    CDI (200 & 450)
    Nintendo 64 (Grey & Pikachu)
    Sega Dreamcast
    Nintendo GameCube
    Nintendo GC - GameBoy Player
    Playstation 2
    Nintendo Wii
    XBOX 360
    Playstation 3 (60Go Hardware BC & 80Go Software BC(MSG4 Bundle))

Tiger R-Zone Superscreen
    Tiger Game.com (Normal & Pocket Pro)
    Nintendo Game Boy (Normal, Pocket, Color & Light)
    Nintendo GB Advance (Normal, SP & Micro)
    Nintendo e-Reader
    Sega Game Gear
    Sega Master Gear Converter
    Sega Nomad
    Neo-Geo Pocket
    Wonderswan (B&W & SwanCrystal)
    Nintendo DS (Fat, Lite)
    Atari Lynx II
    Last edited by neoxeno; 05-23-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings Folks,

I've written about games for a while now, but have only relatively recently been involved in the production side of things. I've lurked for a bit, but introductions are always fun. Now then, on to the list!

Systems:

Atari Jaguar
    Microsoft Xbox
    Microsoft Xbox 360
    NeoGeo Pocket Color
    NES
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo Game Boy
    Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP
    Nintendo GameCube
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic 3DO
    Super NES
    Sega CD
    Sega Dreamcast
    Sega Game Gear
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Saturn
    Sony PlayStation
    Sony PlayStation 2
    Sony PlayStation 3
    Sony PlayStation Portable
    TurboGrafx-16

I also own three computers: Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop, custom desktop, and a PowerPC-based iMac. I ran out of room a long time ago, and I'm currently struggling to find a way to store my old PC games - ahhh, big boxes - so that my house isn't a complete mess.
    Last edited by entryan; 05-24-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DONNIemo
    PSN
    DONNIemo

Hi guys and girls, im new here (well to the forums atleast)

Im a game collector from Australia, I have a very large collection I would say now.

It can been seen in the collectors section here: http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g..._itemId=162630

Have a look and let me know what you think. I collect all sorts but mainly Jap and older games.

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's up?

Hi everybody! My real name is Valtteri and im from Finland. I'm probably the youngest on this forum. I'm 14... ...and a retro-collector... Dont look at me like that! I have always been into older games and when ps2 and the xbox were new, it hit me. Why games arent the way they used to be? The FPS time started and i was sad 'cause populous died completelly and "heroes of might and magic 4" was a great disappoitment. I missed the first 2 heroes games and populous. I bought "return to the castle wolfenstein" and what do you know! When you beat the game you unlocked the whole wolfenstein 3d game! I actually played it more than the never one. I was really starting to get interested in older games. Watched some reviews and remembered the times i had with my sega genesis, ps1 and old DOS-games. I bought a NES and a super nintendo and now i might be one of the youngest collectors out there.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mac Tonight's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

My name is Will. I'm a 28 year old retro-gamer from Northeast PA, USA.

At one time, I had a pretty impressive collection of rarities in perfect condition, but many of them had been sold off or stolen by my ex. In the past six years, I've slowly re-built my collection piece at a time.

One of these days, I'll take pics of what I have and start a Photobucket account. I don't really have anything too rare, but the interesting items that come to mind are Rubik's Cube for the 2600, Action 52 for the Genesis, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 in box (but no maps or instructions) for the NES, Phantasy Star 1 - 4 for the SMS/Genesis (complete), and a pretty decent collection of SNES RPG in mint condition complete (Soul Blazer, Gaia, Earthbound, FF2, FF3, Chrono Trigger, Mana, Act Raiser 1 & 2, Zelda, Mario RPG, Evermore, Lufia 2 and a few others).

In addition to classic games, my girlfriend and I collect a lot of 1980's retro nostalgic items from our childhood. One of the prizes in my collection is a Mac Tonight translight that I have wired into a box that lights from behind. For some reason, I really dug the moon guy when I was a kid, thus the nickname.

We also collect cartoon cels and recordings of 1980s television with the original commercials still in the broadcast. I'm a member of a few trading communities that go to flea markets and buy any old looking VHS blank tapes in the hopes of discovering a block of Saturday Morning Cartoons or other 80s programming w/o/c. So far, we've managed to put together about 40 DVD-R's worth of material.

Other than that, I'm a huge Phillies fan and thanks to an auto accident settlement and a layoff from the cable company, I'm back in college. I'll be starting my junior year at Wilkes University in the fall working towards my political science degree and a teaching certificate.

I'm intrigued by the home brew games and the reproductions of Japanese games translated to English and unreleased titles. I'd like to add a few to my collection in the near future. I'd love to get my hands on Secret Of Mana 2, Starfox 2 for SNES and the Penn & Teller game for Sega CD.

Well, that's about it. I'm sure I'll talk to many of you later. I've been coming to the digital press website for quite a while now (since the 4th edition of the collectors guide). If I have time, I'd love to write a piece for the Lore book about the Aladdin's Castle I frequented as a child. I owned the college kids at Discs Of Tron when I was 4.

Have a good weekend, folks.

- will (aka: Mac Tonight)

Insert Coin (Level 0) DaddyMulk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Greetings!

Hi, I'm Tim, a 34-year-old gamer from Ohio. I also happen to translate Japanese into English for a living, so feel free to send any Japanese game-related questions my way. I've been lurking here for quite awhile and finally decided to post a few messages. Anyway, here's all the hardware in my possession I can remember off-hand:

Atari: 2600, 7800, Lynx (broken screen :P), Jaguar x2, Jaguar CD
    Nintendo: NES x3, AV Famicom, Famicom Disk System x2, Twin Famicom, SNES x2, SNES Jr., Super Famicom, Nintendo 64 (Japanese), GBA, Gamecube, DS Lite, Wii, Nintendo Vs. Arcade Machine (the squat, red-colored model)
    Sega: Master System x2, Genesis 1 x2, Genesis 2 x3, Genesis 3 x2, MegaDrive 2 x 2, Game Gear x2, Sega CD 1, Sega CD 2, Sega CDX, Mega CD x2, 32X x2, Super 32X (Japanese), Saturn, Japanese Saturn, Dreamcast
    NEC: TurboGrafx-16, TurboDuo, PC Engine, PC Engine CD-ROM, Core Grafx, Shuttle Grafx, PC Engine Duo (Japanese), PC Engine Duo R, PC Engine Duo RX, PC Engine GT
    SNK: Neo Geo MVS x2 (Japanese), Neo Geo CD (Japanese front-loader), Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Microsoft: Xbox, Xbox 360
    Sony: Playstation, Playstation 2 Slim (thanks to a dead PS2 phat), Japanese Playstation 2, Playstation 3
    Others: Goldstar 3DO (Japanese), Double Dragon Arcade Machine

Favorite games of all time: The Ninjawarriors/The Ninjawarriors Again, Elevator Action Returns, Bubble Symphoy, Burgertime, Mappy, Double Dragon I & II, Gradius V.

While I collect games on all platforms, lately I've been striving to complete my Genesis collection. A year ago I had ~230 games; now I have close to 600 unique titles, and I'm hoping to swap some of my duplicates here as I strive for the "perfect" 706 or so. Thanks for reading!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

Hi all, I'm Mr. GameFix. I'm a video game repair specialist with my own website
    www.mrgamefix.com where I offer my services for both new and retro gaming platforms. Growing up in the late 80s and early 90s, I'm also a huge fan of the retro era of gaming. The heyday of the NES and SNES and Genesis was a great time in my life and I'm sure there are many others here that feel just the same way.

That's why half of my business is devoted to restoring the classic systems of yesteryear!

To learn more about my business, just see my other post here:http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...65#post1569865
    Last edited by Mr. GameFix; 06-11-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Figured I'd start off here.

I'm Ryan from New Jersey. Not too far west from Digital Press actually. Found this site while trying to diagnose a problem with a friends dreamcast. Been getting back into games a lot lately. All started saving pennies for a brand new NES when I was a youngin. Currently I have these systems.

3 NES
    SNES
    Sega/Sega CD
    Sega Saturn
    PS1
    N64
    Xbox 360

I dont collect for any system in particular but I have a fondness for 2d games. Platformers, fighters, etc..

Insert Coin (Level 0) DaddyMulk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicgamemusic View Post
    I am out of here. In my brief time here, I found that everyone looks like a bunch of dorks and basement cooped momma's boys.

Looks are not the point, but personalities like that make these forums nothing but glass-eyed answer seekers. That ain't me.

Peace out all. Rather be discharged.
    Wow, posted right below my first post. Way to make someone feel welcome! Good riddance to you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

I've been an infrequent lurker around here for a few years. pcenginefx has been my forum of choice since '05, with some nosing around at smspower.org. I'm into other retro systems and I signed up here because I'm impressed with the range of topics and discussion.
    Bought a NES in 89, followed by a TG16 and SMSII in 92, SNES in 94 and Turbo Duo in 97. I also own a SuperGrafx, N64 and Super Gameboy, along with a Genesis and PS1 boxed up somewhere. I've had a Gamegear, Jaguar and 3DO at various points. I'll a die hard fan of the Ultima console ports, even through I know they're considered inferior to the originals. I'm currently playing gloomy music and going back to school in Minneapolis.