Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Seeing as how I've been here for nearly 2 months and have not introduced myself, here goes:

- Who you are

Dustin Carter, 24 years old, been playing games since the early 80's weaned on an Atari 2600.

- Where you live

Milford, Ohio, which is about 35 minutes due East of Cincinnati.

- How you found the forums

Joe's Collector's Closet column in Tips & Tricks.

- What your favorite games are

I especially enjoy racing, puzzle, and FPS games; I intend to post a Top 100 "favorites of all time" list on my site soon.

- What systems you collect for

Any Nintendo console, Playstation 1 & 2, Atari 2600 on occasion, and just about any other post-NES system. Link to my collection is in my sig.

- What you do in "real life"

Currently working as a warehouse/inventory manager at a printing facility during the day, and a "3rd Key"(I resigned from my Assistant Manager status in July) at Gamestop at night.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I have Funco to thank for my entry in the collecting field. I originally tried to collect all NES games, but the lure of a high-end stereo and DVD player coaxed me to sell most of them. Now that I have more disposable income for games, that's where it's all going.

If you happen to be in the area, stop by the Gamestop in Beechmont. I can talk about games all day.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I go by Josekortez. I'm a college grad student who also writes about video games for the local newspaper. It's a really cool job because I get games for the modern systems to review for free! I also get school credits for it, so I'm living the American dream of playing video games for homework and getting paid for it!
    I was weaned on my uncle's Atari 2600 at the tender age of 3. I remember loving Centipede because I got to blast everything! Later I got an NES, and that was all she wrote!
    Currently, I collect for ten systems (Dreamcast, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Genesis, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation, and PlayStation 2), but Dreamcast is my all-time favorite and the system I own the most games for. I'm currently looking for a Turbografx-16 system, but I'm not looking to pay a lot.
    In closing, I'd like to say I'm up for trades and it's nice to be among friends!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

My name is Matías Bianco, 18 years old from Argentina, a country where collectors are a rare breed

- Where you live

Buenos Aires

I found it in Internet in an investigation about Classic gaming expo

I enjoy racing games, RPG, platform and Arcade in general

By the moment i´m student and sometimes...DJ

I don´t know really how, i think i started collecting when i buy a complete Game boy for US$ 7 (the man was very stupid) so...i started, also, i started playing vg at the age of 4

Every systems, specially 8 bits sytems

Well, i´m also the webmaster of the first and unique argentinian website about classic vg, http://arquedigi.8m.com

Thanks and bye

Matías :morning:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name: neofreak9189

Hobbies:
    Playing and collecting any and all video games
    video games magazine {EGM} for 14 years

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nm duh
    Last edited by jonjandran; 08-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

-Who you are
    For some reason this reminds me of an AA meeting. *stands up* Hi, my name is Betty and I'm insane. Rather 21 years old. Oh and yes female. wOOt. I'm a l33t biatch.

- Where you live
    I'm currently a citizen in the land of.....err Cincinnati, Ohio. We have corn.

An asshate, from work, sent me the link. *ahem* Oobgarm.

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. If I could, I'd worship it as a religion. 'nuff said. I'm extremely obsessed with RPGs, as well as survivor horror. Throw in a few fighters from time to time, perhaps a little adventure.....and thats me.

Mostly I just collect RPGs for the systems I own, heavy on the Playstation and PS2. That is all.

I work in the pits of hell...err Gamestop.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc..
    I'm a huge anime fan..... Current favorites are: Star Ocean EX, Rizelmine, Love Hina, and Azumanga Diaoh. Plus I'm in love with Dante........
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings from the Maze!

My name is Jeff Adkins. Some of you may recall Classic Systems & Games Monthly (one of the original "fanzines" like Digital Press) that I edited with a great deal of help from Scott (I Am The Eggman) Stilphen, and the keeper and guardian of video game lore Russ Perry Jr.. I now reside in Streetsboro Ohio (about 30 miles south of Cleveland. You know the city where we throw beer bottles at football games) still working in construction. I was looking for my old game addicted fiend Joe Santulli around here at the DP site. I've been playing and collecting games for nearly thirty years now. But first and foremost I am a player. Some of my accomplisments include being the first to find the programmers initials in E.T.(2600),getting to Run 130 in Tunnel Runner(2600) and numerous other intense sessions. I live,breath,and die video games. At 41 I may have lost a step or two but I can still compete. The spirit and history of the classic games must NEVER be forgotten! Greetings to all my vidhead friends old and new!
    The Zots seem more aggressive today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. You may already know me from the Atari Age forum. The photo is a dead giveaway. :-) Anyway, if you're bored enough, just click the WWW button below the message and you can look at my web site. I hope you like DDR photos. Heh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

- Who you are - Shaun from beautiful Philadelphia, ya know the place that loves your money back but not you

- How you found the forums - Actually found Dp thru AA and the whole jet Saga back in 02

- What your favorite games are - Anything that has to do with Hockey, and driving, and most sidescroller/platformers and mini RPGs

- What systems you collect for - ok now trying to rememebr the list : O2, 2600/7800, C=64, NES, SNES, Genesis (CD & 32X), Saturn, N64, PSX/1, DC, PS2, Xobox, GB(anything), NGPC, Game.com, and my most recent addition JAG and JAG CD

- What you do in "real life" - performing maintance work @ University Of Penn

- Began collecting due to a lonely childhood and it passed the time, been hooked ever since

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are:
    My name is Dana. I'm 20 years old. Married. No kids.

- Where you live:
    I live in Florida

- How you found the forums:
    Autobotracing showed me the forums when I was looking to find a game.

- What your favorite games are:
    Final Fantasy VI (3 in US), Suikoden III, Starcraft (from computer), Final Fantasy X and Animal Crossing.

- What systems you collect for:
    SNES, PSX and PSX2, & Gamecube.

- What you do in "real life":
    I am a computer sales... erm person. I used to do computer technical support for two and a half years.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.:
    Not really much of a "collector". I like to play RPG games and certain strategy games.
    ~"You can't make an omlette without destroying a forest... or something" -Black Mage (From 8-bit Theater)~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Who are you
    Kyle Guillemette

-Where do you live
    Manchester, NH

-How did you find the forums
    I was looking for an NES rarity list. I found one that was based off an online store domain, I typed in the domain, click the links section, and lo-and-behold, here I am.

-What are your favorite games
    Mortal Kombat II(snes), Unreal Tournament(PC), Tengen Tetris, other games of addictive quality.

-What Systems do you collect for
    Any I really feel like getting into.

-What do you do in "real life"
    Fry/Broil cook at "The Yard" restaurant, and local High School Student.

-Interesting Facts
    Many people here could put me to shame in the collecting department. However, I overrule everyone that I know in my area as far as my NES collection is concerned. Its almost depressing to see people drrol over it. I mean COME ON! its only about 250 games.
    In the earth my berry lies
    In the soil shes mouldering
    Under the sand my sweet one
    Beneath the grass my treasure
    The one I grieve for

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, since this is my first post here, I figured this would be a great place to start...

-My name's Alex aka "Mr Mort", I'm originally from Quebec, currently living in Maryland.

-I stumbled across the forums when doing a search for "video game collecting", and I've been reading the forums for quite some time, and finally decided to join in on the fun. It's nice to come across a video game forum who seems to have a genuinely mature audience and meaningful threads.

-I've been collecting since the NES, unfortunately mostly the mainstream stuff. I'm currently collecting for the following systems: Nes, Snes, N64, GB/GBA, GC, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, DC, PS, PS2, NGPC, 3DO, and Xbox. My game collection is approaching 300 games, although I don't really have anything terribly rare or valuable. The rarest items I probably have are:
    Spider-Man: Web of Fire (32X), Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun. I consider myself to be a "true gamer" and love all my systems, although I have a soft spot for my Saturn mostly for its Capcom fighting games, and Sega's excellent arcade games. I'm also really enjoying the online gaming the Saturn, DC, and particularly the Xbox have to offer.

-As for "real life", I do office work in the Auto repair industry, and it's not really something I enjoy at all, so I'll leave it at that.

I look forward to chatting with you in the future...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ME

Hi. My name is Mike, I'm 33 and live in SE Mass. I've been playing games for quite a long time but have only been collecting for about the past year and a half or so. Favorite games would include Anything Ultima, Final Fantasy3, Secret of Mana, Super Mario series, Sonic etc..... Currently collecting for NES,SNES,N64,Genesis,Saturn, and Intellivision. Don't remember how I found out about the forum but damn glad I did. In real life I'm employed as a saleman in the electrical industry.(yawn).

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MEEEE

Hello All! My name is John, I will be 19 on july 25th, and I live in Buffalo, New York. I started my gaming career with NES, i got it when i was 4 years old and ever since i popped in Mario for the first time...well what can I say, some people smoke, some drink, some do drugs....for me its video games, I collect everything, Currently the only systems I dont own , are Neo Geo (metal slug 1 AES in great condition sells for over 2 grand on e-bay lol, this will be fun). I also do not own commadore 64 or intellevision.

My favorite system of all time is without a doubt my sega saturn, my favorite company is definately sega. My favorite games of all time would probably be, nights into dreams, panzer dragoon, FFVII, the entire shinning force series, and then Arcus oddyssey. Currently I'm working on my Genesis\32x\CD collection.

Outside of my life on the internet and outside of video gamesd (what little there is anyways) I work in the electronics dept at target! GO ME!!! :P

Well the only other thing I wanna say is....kids these days *patooey* I get little snobs coming to me and talking to me about how great the xbox is and all the other stuff and I just wanna laugh because there so naive lol. For me no experience in gaming will ever be the same as opening my NES or my Genesis for the first time! Oh what a rush!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: i'm lostsage aka Alan from gallup, nm

- Where you live: uh, gallup, nm but going to school in santa fe, nm (on a shoestring budget)

- How you found the forums: searching for classic video games on google

- What your favorite games are: don't want to choose, but since i must... racing, adventure, the occasional platforming game, puzzles, music/beat based, arcade, pinball, and that crane deal where you can win the fake gold watches.

- What systems you collect for: recently aquired a game gear. have in my collection NES, SNES, N64, Playstation (before model change), Game Boy Advance, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast (my pride and joy)

- What you do in "real life": I'm a student of creative writing

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: uh, that you'll know with time. (i like having a low profile. that and it's late at night i should be doing homework instead. like that's going to happen)
    it's log
    it's log
    it's big
    it's heavy
    it's wood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, on these forums I'll be known as "dreamcaster". Don't let the name fool you though - I support all consoles, except Xbox! You can find my 'game room' in the identically named section of this website. Mine's 'Christopher from Australia'.

I currently reside in Australia, but have had the fortune to visit the United States twice - so far!

My favourite video game of all time is Stunt Race FX on SNES.

Here's my collection of consoles (seeing as I'm in Australia, these consoles are all PAL except one);
    Nintendo 64 with 26 games
    Atari Lynx with 4 games
    Game Boy Color with 9 games (plus one b/w game)
    Sega Game Gear with 4 games
    Game Boy Advance with 4 games
    Atari 2600 with 7 games
    Nintendo GameCube with 5 games
    Super NES with 7 games
    US NTSC Nintendo 64 with 4 games
    Nintendo Entertainment System with 4 games
    Sony PlayStation 2 with 2 games (plus 2 PSX games)
    Sega Dreamcast with 1 game (I need more dammit!)
    Sega Saturn with 3 games

I'm currently about to start first year university doing a preparation course. I have to do this course because, while I didn't do well enough in my final exams, it was enough for me to get my foot in the door! Hopefully I'll then be apply for a Computer Science course. It is my aspiration to one day enter the video games industry as a designer, developer - anything!

My first console was a Super Nintendo, which I got shortly after my birthday in 1995. However, I was playing PC games for many years before that. Some of my first and favourite computer games were Captain Comic, SimCity and a grand prix racing game which was surprising titled - Grand Prix!

Oh, well, that's about it for me (well, as much as I'm willing to reveal about myself on the internet!).

Long live video games! Especially Sega!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default L_C_R_ANT, The CRAZY mo fo as my friends call me.

Well lemme see here....
    I love the old NES. I still play it the most even though I own almost every system post NES. I even own all of the new gen consoles and I still play the NES the most. My favorite games are the Castlevania series, the Zelda series, and the Metroid series. My favorite game of all time I would have to say is Dracula X: Rondo of Blood on the PC-Engine.

In real life I'm a student for the moment, making my way through college for a EE degree. My name is James but I go by Jim normally. I look like I'm 37 but I was born well after pong was out. I live in Podunk, Ohio. And, I'm Catholic... Roman Catholic. (insert your own derogitory joke here) Lastly, I have a kind of "Tim Taylor" personality and life in that the folks at the local ER know me by name, hence the last two quotes of mine in my signature below.

Right now I have five REALLY big interests in my life. Collecting and playing Video Games, collecting old computers, I LOVE pinball, collecting swords, and hopefully building portable NESs and maybe other systems. If your interested in the last one I have a site, www.buyneonlights.com/jim/NESBOX/index.htm.
    "One head cannot contain all knowledge"

"When playing poker with Death, he's always holding a Full House... It's just that 9 times outa 10, I'm holding a Royal Flush!" --Me

"The main reason I'll gamble with Death is Fate cheats!" --Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Karl, I am 37 and live in Jackson, NJ with my wife and triplet daughters. I found the forums through browsing the internet for classic gaming sites and from attending NAVA meetings. My favoite System has to be my Atari 2600 and Colecovision, but I have stuff from as early as Pong and the RCA Studio II up to todays standards. I lean towards playing and collecting stuff from my teenage prime 1979-1986. I have recently finished converting a cabinet for MAME and have been occupied for hours reliving my youth. In real life I am an accountant, but who actually cares about real life when there is gaming to be done. Outside of video games and my family my other passion is playing wiffleball competitivley in tournaments about once a month from April thru September. I began collecting when I finally could afford all the games I wanted as a child.

Insert Coin (Level 0) snorlaxnut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone! I'm snorlaxnut!

Yes, that snorlaxnut from the atariage.com forums.

- Where you live
    Well I'm from Hoquiam, WA.

How you found the forums
    Straight from the atariage.com forums.

What your favorite games are
    Phantasy Star Collection, RPGs, and anything with Zelda or Pokemon in it.

What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600, Atari computers, everything Sega except Saturn and Dreamcast, and everything Nintendo except Virtual Boy and Gamecube.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc
    I started collecting I guess in 1992. I sold my Atari 7800 for $50 at a garage sale, and regreted it since. I have also been collecting free videotapes, DVDs, CDs and CD-ROMs in the mail. I also collect in the mail free samples of food, drinks, and drugs! I also watch a lot of anime. Too much that I would feel a whole lot better if everybody was talking in Japanese with English subtitles!
    I also like going to the 99 cent/$1 stores, garage sales, and thrift stores.

I am looking foward to posting messages here, and have everybody tell me that the messages stink!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Brian
    - Where you live
    Newfoundland, Canada... for now
    Was looking for a complete list of Sega Genesis games that incliuded year relased and company that produced it.
    in random order:
    Alex Kidd series
    Phantasy Star series
    Mecha-robot-space-flight-blasteverythinginsightwithwhateveryouhave games
    Mortal Kombat series
    Space Harrier series
    Fantasy Zone series
    Shining Force series
    Altered Beast
    and more that I can't think of off the top of my head
    Sega Master System, Sega Genesis
    to a lesser extent, Sega Dreamcast and GameGear
    Well, I studied computer technology ion college, then worked as a cook for a while, now I'm working in a library untill I go back to school and take Culinary Arts
    I actually began playing video games when I was 4. My cousin who's about 5 years older than me had them all. He had Ataris, Colecovision, Intellivision, some computer dealy. after playing the death out of his my parents decided to buy me something.
    My first video game system was actually an Atari 2600 which I got when I was 5 in 1986. kinda late, I know... you'd think I'd have gotten an NES, but no, Atari was cheaper and it didn't matter I fell in love. Then when I was 9, in 1990 my uncle gave me his old Sega Master System and a his games. I remember wanting a Nintendo cause everyone else had one, but then when I got the SMS I was glad I had that instead, I coouldn't believe, even at 9, how the SMS blew the NES out of the water in EVERY aspect. Then my SMS RF unit gave out around 1992. And I was waiting and waiting for my parents to buy me a new one, when lo and behold on my birthday they had bought me a Sega Genesis. and THAT dear friends was when I went from Video Game player to Video Game LOVER.
    I mean, the Atari, I played when I was a 5-9, didn't really do much, keep track of scores, whatever, just kept me busy, the SMS while fun, was hard to find games for and I sometimes got bored with the few I had. But the Sega Genesis, games were plentyful, AND good, AND I was old enough to be earning money and buying MORE games with my own pocket money rather than waiting for birthdays and christmas. I loved that Sega Genesis, and still do.
    Infact after the sega genesis The next system I bought was the Dreamcast!
    I never have owned a PSX... one of my ex-girlfriends had one and I played hers a bit, it was alright... I've only ever picked up an N64 controller twice... once to play Shadows of the Empire, which I didn't like. and once again to try Zelda cause I was curious how a 'new' version would be, didn't like that one much either...

Oh, and once I saw a blimp.

Alex Kidd