Page 110 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicgamemusic View Post
    I am out of here. In my brief time here, I found that everyone looks like a bunch of dorks and basement cooped momma's boys.

Looks are not the point, but personalities like that make these forums nothing but glass-eyed answer seekers. That ain't me.

Peace out all. Rather be discharged.
    Says the guy with 8 posts... So, you really got to know people with just 8 posts? yeah, right... Agreed with daddymulk: Good riddance to you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!
    I started collecting retro consoles about five years back, but hadn't messed with them in the last few years.
    I've had my interest renewed after a few amazingly cheap finds at the local dirt mall. In the last two weeks, I've picked up a TurboGrafx 16, working and complete for $2, a Dreamcast with 4 controllers and 20 games for $40, and Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn for $5.

So now my 360 and Wii have been sitting alone and unloved while I play on Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon.

Consoles I own so far: Channel F, 3DO, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx 16, NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox, 360, PSX, PS2.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post ok I didn't look hard enough oubiously

Hi there! New to the forum, I like turtles.

I loves me some C64, NES, and N64 classic gaming.

Ask me anything else and i'll answer the best I can.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mingy Jongo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Nick R., 19 years old
    - Where you live
    Akron, OH normally, Cleveland when at college.
    - How you found the forums
    Long time browser, first time poster. I've been lurking for years and years.
    - What your favorite games are
    Arcade: Berzerk
    Atari 2600: Yars' Revenge
    Atari 5200: Montezuma's Revenge
    Atari 7800: Tower Toppler
    Commodore 64: Jumpman
    Atari 800: Shamus
    ZX Spectrum: Dizzy series
    NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
    SNES: Zelda 3/Super Metroid (Tie)
    N64: Zelda: OoT
    GCN: Metroid Prime
    Wii: Punch-Out!!
    SMS: Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap
    GEN: Sonic the Hedgehog 2/Wonder Boy in Monster World (Tie)
    GB: Link's Awakening
    GBA: WarioWare
    DS: Phoenix Wright series
    Not too into PS/XBox

- What systems you collect for
    Anything pre-1995 and Nintendo stuff post-1995.
    - What you do in "real life"
    Math major/Philosophy minor at Case Western University
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Grew up with three flea markets in a 15 mile radius and my dad was a vendor. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Mingy Jongo; 06-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Foxglove9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Foxglove9

Hi everyone, Stephanie here. Been off and on lurker for many many many years now.

Been playing video games practically since I was born, from Atari to Xbox360. I do have a special preference towards old school gaming no later than the 16-bit era.

Over the years built up a HUGE collection of gaming memorabilia. I'm especially fond of my tabletop handheld collection, and my Vectrex. I've pretty much ran out of room to the point I had to sell off many of my consoles and carts, so I had to slow down my collecting at this point.

I have a MAME cabinet I built myself, and I've also done a little work in the gaming industry over the years. Just got to finally visit my first NAVA meeting this past weekend and had a great time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default It's me - MV500

I'm just a regular guy that loves my classic video games. I own about 3200 games and over 70 game systems. I grew up with the Colecovision and it has a special place in my heart. I am so glad to have found this website - hoping to get a lot out of it.

Morris

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    My name's Josh, but I'm known throughout the interweb universe as MetalFRO (just FRO on Shmups)

- Where you live
    Nebraska

Known about DP for a while, just hadn't signed up yet

Lightening Force (aka Thunder Force IV), Super Mario Bros 2 & 3, Syphon Filter, Ms. Pacman, Galaga, the original Sonic the Hedgehog, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Nearly all of them. Right now I have:
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    PSX
    PS2
    Sega Genesis (Model 1, Model 2) w/ Power Base Converter and original CD-ROM drive
    JVC X'Eye
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Dreamcast
    Atari 2600
    Atari Jaguar
    TurbroGrafx 16
    Panasonic 3DO (FZ-10 top-loader)

I'm a sysadmin at a small hospital.

I actually started collecting in Junior High - parents wouldn't let me have an NES because they said I'd monopolize the TV (they were right!), but eventually relented when they bought a new TV and let me buy a Genesis to use w/ the old one. As an adult, I really started my collection, buying up used systems (Saturn was my first big score), and just kept going from there.
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys!

- Who you are
    My name's Kevin and I'm a 27YO "reborn gamer" trying to reconnect with his inner-nerd!

- Where you live
    Perth, Australia

I was trying to find out how rare some of my old SNES games were (Harvest Moon SNES = 4. Woohoo!)

Fav games over the years have been Elite, SimCity, Populous. More recently, the GTA and FF series (especially FF7).

PS2, PS1, SNES

Back studying commerce in university.

I own an original copy of FF7 for the PC!!!!!1111

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey, i found this site while looking for info on the retro duo, and i found a great fix for the staticy audio so i figure i'd join. yup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

x.x been awhile since i've logged in here

hey all
    *insert signature >here<*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Greg and I like to game hard.

Just got 18 nes games. I am trying to further my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hi

hi everyone. I'm Leah and my avi is of my cat, mitty. I live in Oklahoma, where I'm doing the prereqs for nursing school. I sew a lot - it is my other big obsession in life.

I'm here because, for some strange reason, I've started to totally obsess over older gaming systems & fav games from the past.

Right now, I only have a few games (Sonic & Sonic Spinball) but no (Genesis) system to play them on. I'd like to get a good system and collect my dream game list.

Today I looked at a used N64 system with 4 games and one controller for $35. Two of the games are decent: Goldeneye 007 & Super Mario 64. Anyway, I figured I should check prices on ebay & the local game store before buying it.

I used to have a playstation (sold it a few years ago with all the games), but still have two gamegears & games, my original gameboy, a few gba's and an xbox.

Before we go any further, I guess I should tell you that four years of my life were spent playing Runescape. There, I've said it. I would still be playing if my account didn't get hacked and subsequently banned. lol. true.

ok enough about me. woot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Halo everyone! My name is Blaine and I'm a near 30 year old man trying to recapture his youth by buying up games from his childhood. I mainly collect rpg games, pretty much any system, and I'll just say my collection is, extensive... Anyway, I've trolled your boards for some time and finally came to terms with my inner nerd enough to join and post.

Outside of gaming I enjoy playing guitar, getting tattoo's, and being inebriated. I live in Arkansas, have a good job, and a Great dog, Bella. I should also mention I have a wonderful, too young/hot/smart for me girlfriend that checks the history of where I've been and reads everything so.... Love you Hailey

Insert Coin (Level 0) LeynosNCS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LeynosNCS
    PSN
    TroubledSkies

Hi Digital Press,

My name is David, and I'm from Edinburgh in the UK. I use the name Leynos on most forums. I'm an avid collector of videogames, mainly of the neo-classic, 16-bit and 32-bit eras. My primary focus is Japanese import games, although I have been known to diverge from that where appropriate. My favourite genre is the shoot 'em up, but I also love puzzle games, platformers and scrolling beat 'em ups.

I'm the proud owner of the following systems:

Sega Master System, MSX, PC Engine, Super Famicom, Sega Mega Drive, Pioneer Laseractive, Neo Geo MVS, Capcom CPS2, Atari Lynx, Neo-Geo Pocket, Gameboy Pocket, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360 (x2), Wii and PlayStation 3

Being a mad hoarder, I've also somehow managed to acquire games for a few systems I don't yet own: PC-FX, IGS Polygame Master, Amiga CD32, Atari Jaguar and X68000. I hope to put this to rights and buy these systems sooner or later.

I'm also an arcade hardware neophyte (I own a few CPS2 boards and one Toaplan PCB). I've built my own Supergun and I'm planning on building a more advanced version soon.

Happy to meat you all.

Leynos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My story of video games is interesting.

I have been behind in every department, except when I got my GBA SP and my DS Lite.

Seriously:

Everyone had a Super Nintendo and Genesis, all I had was the NES (and Mario, so should I really complain?).

Everyone had a N64, Playstation, and Saturn, I had a Genesis (and Sonic, so should I really complain?).

Everyone had a Gamecube, X-box, and PS2, I had a N64 (I didn't have Mario or Zelda or anything!).

And, the Christmas right after the Wii and PS3 came out, I got a PS2.
    Ironically months after I finally got a PS1.

I'm always behind, but, it makes me respect old games.
    Like, Doom. The first FPS I ever played was Halo. So I didn't exp. the older FPSes. Last Feb, a friend lent me his copy of the Doom Collectors Edition with all three games (Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom). I love it so much!
    While, if I give it to someone else in my school, they may insult it for it primitive-ness. They are idiots.

Anyway, when it comes to video games, as long as it is still fun to play, I will play it.

List of Consules:

NES, Genesis, N64, GBA SP, PS1, PS2, DS Lite, Game Gear.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello dearest friends!

Welcome to forum!

This is samuels .i lives in usa . male of 21.
    I joined this community to improve myself and get some more knowledge.
    I enjoy reading, writing, and especially i am very much keen of playing basket ball.

thank u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey hey,

I'm Michael, a.k.a. Bad Atom. I used to be a hardcore game collector about eight or nine years back, but I gave it up cold turkey because I needed a car more than I needed bookshelves full of rare NES games.

I still have more than a passing interest in retro gaming, though, and have been known to play the occasional emulated game. (I just played Super Mario 64 for the first time last year. Yeah, I stopped playing games after Super Nintendo.)

I've also dabbled in game programming (the games in my sig for example) but it's nothing I want to do professionally. And I've also made more than a few video game remixes/covers.

Looking forward to joining the discussions...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been on this forum for a while, love following the discussions and check back couple of times a week, so I guess I too have a passion for old games.

Name - Kevin

Location - Scottsdale, AZ

Age - Nearing the time I'm supposed to 'grow up'

Why Retro games? I was always the kid on the block with all the games growing up, Started intellivision and turned NES (my best friend across the way had the commodore and atari, turned Genesis, so saw no need for those, he'd walk over to my place, and me to his, etc.)... Lost interest a little bit around high school / college (still played, but just FPS and sports). Then started selling and trading online after college, grew back my passion for all things from my childhood. Yes I own a 360 (only 4 games though over 2 years, COD 4, COD WOW, Bioshock, Assassins Creed). Outside of that I've started building back my collections of older systems and games While I have many games for the systems, there is always 1 set aside that I'll always keep with each system, my favorite I could pretend to like some obscure titles, but I'm talking about that 1 game I'd have to have and could play over and over. So for now I'm sitting on:

NES (Super Mario Bros), SNES (Super Mario world), N64 (Mario 64), Turbo Grafx 16 (Keith Courage), Intellivision (Utopia), Gamecube (Mario Kart DD), Panasonic 3do (Toon Time in the classroom, dont know why ), Genesis (Herzog Zwei), Sega CD (Night Trap), Sega Saturn (Castlevania Dracula X), Playstation (Tekken 2).

I won't count the handhelds, Next purchase Neo Geo AES (with Metal Slug, Yes I realize the price IF i find it), and on a cheaper note any Atari Jaguar system (actually never played).

Game on guys!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

My name is Bruno, I am 24 years old and I am Brazilian. I love my old video games such as NES or SMS.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windancer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile TG16/PCEngine for life

Hello I just signed up would like to introduce myself. I've been playing TG16/ Pcengine games since about 1991 im kind of an old dude but still love to play. I currently run a blog called PCEnginefan where I ocasionally host a contest or 2 for prizes. I own a TG16 Cdrom and use a chopsado converter with an arcade card system card. I also have a Core GRafx 1 to play japanese HUcards. Then I have a Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Nintendo SP, Neo Geo Pocket, SEga Dreamcast, Genesis. I spend most of my gamimg hours Playing the Turbo but will sometimes play on the Wii. So Far I really like DP its pretty busy I hope i can contribute a bit to the forums.

Name- Warren
    Age- 44
    Town- Las Vegas
    Last edited by Windancer; 07-23-2009 at 08:15 PM.