Page 111 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) youngamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't been on these boards for a while, so i figured i should get reacquainted...
    - Who you are
    Keith Harris
    - Where you live
    Warminster, Pennsylvania
    - How you found the forums
    Googling years ago (kinda miss the ol' splash screen in the beginning! Space Fury!)
    - What your favorite games are
    Too many, usually changes on a constant basis to keep track of. Mostly classics though.
    - What systems you collect for
    My biggest collection so far is NES, I tend to pick up anything that catches my eye for any of the systems i own
    - What you do in "real life"
    I am a Student, going into Senior year in HS (whoopeee) :P. Plan on going to college either for music, or electrical engineering.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I guess i started collecting due to my father owning an atari 2600 game (video olympics) and wondering what it was. My curiosity gave me a unique hobby that is fun and exciting. I played guitar for about 6 years (one reason I've neglected to visit the site :P).

Insert Coin (Level 0) PatronSaintOfLostCauses's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0) johnnycombo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadaBucka
    PSN
    JohnnyCombo

- Who you are
    Tim Dodson
    - Where you live
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Stumbled across them while beginning my actual "collecting"
    I love all sorts of games from the Atari 2600 through the Xbox 360, including almost every genre. If I find it fun (and even if I don't, which isn't that often), I play it.
    Currently, my biggest collections are for the PS1 and PS2 (not even from trying to collect, just games I've bought growing up), but am starting to collect NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis games. My current consoles owned include:

Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    TI-99/4A
    Sega Master System
    Nintendo NES
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Playstation
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3
    Game Wave
    Xbox 360
    Nintendo Wii
    Game Boy
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo DS
    and a gaming PC that I build or update every couple years

Right now I am a Cook, but am also going to school for computer networking/IT stuff
    I am just starting to begin collecting older games, the majority of my collection is just games I bought new while growing up. I've never traded a game in or thrown any away, and even without trying to collect until now, I have amassed a decent collection of over 200 PS2 games, 150 PC, 100 PS1, and 35 or so Genesis games, not to mention about 130 games from Wii/Xbox 360/PS3. I also have at least a few games for the other consoles I own.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Sam
    - Where you live
    Southern California
    Probably through google - years ago.
    Platformers, action (God of War) and recently RPGs. I've only recently realized I've been a fool for ignoring them all my life. I'm also a big fan of the Tex Murphy series.
    PS2, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, DS, GBA. I only "collect" games I actually like and think would be fun to play.
    I'm getting my MFA at USC.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Florian Huesmann

- Where you live

Cologne, Germany

Google

Shmups, Zelda, Monkey Island

My biggest collection so far is for the Sega Saturn. In the meantime I own a PAL Fullset and many japanease games

I am a Student

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Tyler S. Brogan. don't ask for the middle name
    - Where you live
    Very close to DC
    Been a fan here since the Collectors Closet of TIPS&TRICKS first came out!
    Way too many
    Mostly SNES, SEGA (Genesis, CD & Saturn)
    College Sudent
    Nothing except from a lisght amount of insanity.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Justin Brodack from Bedminster NJ and I'm 26.

I came across this site believe looking for reviews for older systems and also saw some great articles like the ones on rhythm games and psx shmups. Then I realized the store was in NJ and that I need to get myself to a Nava meeting.

I'm not really much of a collector and play the classics mostly with emulation. I have a wii, ps2, some ps1 games, and just ordered a dreamcast which I'm excited about. Also have a gp2x and I'm into homebrew scenes on consoles.

I love shmups though I'm probably one of the worst players that is a big fan of the genre. Always exciting to try a shmup I haven't tried before. Also love snk and neo geo. Turbografx 16 is also great and was thrilled when I got a chance to play splatterhouse on one a while back.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I may have introduced myself in the past, but I haven't been around the boards consistently for about four years, so I thought that I would introduce myself again.

My name is Chris, I am 23, and I have been collecting since I was 16. I stopped collecting seriously for the past five years because I was in college and had no money. But, alas, I have graduated and I am getting back into it, so I thought I would return to the boards.

I am master lurker I guess. I don't post much, but I have been lurking since before digitpress moved from their other forum location, so probably sometime since 2000 or 2001. I still don't post all too often, but I just graduated with a degree in journalism and public relations, so I am trying to get into writing online more in areas of interest, such as my obsession with video games.

I am trying to get a complete a "cart only" SNES collection, but I also have about 18 systems, so I also look for "good games" for those systems. I have about half of the US SNES collection at this point. I try not to burden myself with collecting bad games for all of the systems I own, but for the SNES, I'll take 'em all. I am really fascinated by the 16-bit era, and I am getting my first T-16 and some games from Battehork sometime soon. I'm very excited.

In terms of major WANTS, I have most of the really rare SNES games out of the way, except:
    - DK competition cart (obviously)
    - Star Fox competition cart (obviously)
    - Mountain Bike Ralley/Speed Racer combo cart (obviously)
    - Aero Fighters
    - Imperium
    - Sim Ant
    - Sonic Blastman II
    - Pinball fantasies
    - Ninja Warriors
    - 3 Ninjas Kick Back

I have an extra loose copy of Chavez II in good condition, if anyone wants to trade.

Also,I am looking for any of the "Not for Resale" SNES carts that I don't already have (TMNT IV, specifically).

Also, as a gaming milestone, I won some post-college scholarship money recently. I have always wanted an arcade machine, so I ended up popping my cherry by buying three of them. I will post pictures in Arcade Alley soon. They are: a slightly beat-up Final Fight cab, and very nice Mr. Do!, and a four-channel Neo Geo cab with 9 common-but-sweet games.

I am looking for more Neo Geo MVS games, if anyone is looking to unload. Also, if you have a whole mess of SNES games, I would be willing to buy a bulk-lot of anything that I don't already have.

I have a bunch of more current-gen games that I will be posting for trade soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

I always liked this community, (and I can kinda surf while I'm at work, which is sweet), so I am glad to be back. I like the breadth of knowledge, the classic discussions, the flame wars, the search function, online rariety guide, buying and selling forum - All of it. It is great to be back.
    No, I'm Mr. Big Lucky Flavor!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Tomato, I live in DC, go to college in Philadelphia, and found these forums while looking for a solution to problems I had with my Retro Duo (see the retro duo thread that I just bumped unwisely before introducing myself here).

I've always found old games interesting, but only started collecting cartridges when my dad's old NES unearthed itself and the following two things were made clear:

-the unit was in perfect playing order

-20+ year old games are, for the most part, much cheaper than new games no matter where you get them.

This seems like a pretty nice place, too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Steve1978's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I like arcade games from around 83 to mid 90s and am currently in a nostalgia period for 8 and 16 bit consoles.

I remember hearing about Digital Press in Arnie Katz' Electronic Games fanzines column and wishing I could make my own fanzine, which I'm working on now.

I can't believe Sean Pettibone died though, that's such a bummer. At least he wasn't forgotten.
    Last edited by Steve1978; 07-31-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bloaty the pizza hog's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi im Patrick from Ohio. I uh found this place through google. As of right now my favorite games are Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Team Fortress 2, Super Mario Rpg, and cliche as it may be final fantasy VII. I am at the moment a high school student without a job. I've just started collecting seriously only a few months ago and i am looking for some of the classic games for the super nintendo

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Earth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    my name is Adam, been gaming since the NES & SMS

Where you live
    midwest USA

How you found the forums
    through other forums and general searches for video game related stuff/questions

What your favorite games are
    Breath of Fire series, Red Earth, Monster Hunter 1 & 2, 7th Saga, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 4 & 6, Tenchu 1 & 2, E.V.O., Samurai Shodown series, Loaded, Ikaruga, Metal Slug 2, Pulstar, Super Mario 64, Street Fighter III Third Strike, Metroid Prime, Super Metroid, Shining Force 1 & 2, Arc the Lad 1 & 2, Darius Twin, Lifeforce, Metal Gear Solid, Streets of Rage 1 & 2, Sengoku 3, Final Fight, Ogre Battle, Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past - and many more.

What systems you collect for
    Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD, Sega Saturn, PS1 & 2, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, SNES, Dreamcast, NES, Turbo Grafx, etc.
    Last edited by Red Earth; 08-02-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) WildWillyWilson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

My names Ian, I'm 30 yrs old and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne- UK.

I downloaded the MD collectors list from here a while ago and thought it would be good to join the forum.

I'm currently going for a full Jap MD collection, got 56 games at the moment so quite a few to go yet. I'm documenting all of this on my You Tube channel- gameplay videos, collection updates, vlogs etc...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ianwilson1978

Hope this isnt coming across as spam- just in case anyone is interested

Rarest game I've got at the moment is Twinkle Tale- other nice games being Sailor Moon, The New Zealand story etc...

Every game is complete and must be in excellent to mint condition.

I've seen adol's posts on here and know he completed the collection a while back, it was nice to see his pics.

So, hello!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am Dareck Shane and i am new to this forum. I found it on Google and heard by a lot of people that it was a good place to communicate and learn information.
    I hope that i learn a bunch of information while i am here and i hope that i can help contribute to others as well.
    I have a big collection of games so i couldn't write here their names.
    Last edited by Dareckshane; 08-03-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    garou5016

HALLA! I just joined the forum and here's a bit about myself!

Who you are

I'm WoodyXP. Collector and adventurer.

Where you live

Lajes Field, Azores

How you found the forums

A friend. He introduced it to me a few years ago, I just now got around
    to registering.

What your favorite games are

1. The Last Ninja (C64)
    2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
    3. Border Down
    4. Final Fight CD

What systems you collect for

1. MSX/MSX2
    2. Famicom/FDS
    3. SFC
    4. MD/CD
    5. PCE/DUO/SGX
    6. Neo Geo AES
    7. Neo Geo MVS
    8. Neo Geo CD
    9. Neo Geo Pocket
    10. 3D0
    11. Saturn
    12. Dreamcast

What you do in "real life"

I'm an IT Tech in the USAF.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I began collecting when I shipped out to Japan many moons ago. They have all kinds of crazy stuff that we couldn't get and on the cheap. I ended up living in Japan eight years and bought games by the bucketfull every weekend. I was in heaven.

Right now I'm in Europe. Retro gaming isn't quite hot where I'm at so I'm sitting on my laurels and enjoying what I have and playing nex-gen until I return to the Japan!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, just thought i would introduce my self, massive jamma and naomi fan. Massive retro nut. Infact massive gaming nut!!

I trade and sell all types of arcade board and hardware here in uk. On a lot of other forums also.

And basically love what i do

My own Cabinets i own are a cut down naomi, and some sega Asto city's

My own personal collection of stuff seem to be full of fighting games, and i prob own every version of Marvel Capcom 2 that exists.

I am also based in the UK.

Anyway thanks for having me here.

Tony

Insert Coin (Level 0) blitzchamp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there. I'm Carlos and I found the forums while I was searching for video game boards. My favorite games are Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario 64, the old Sonic Games, Dragon Quest games, too just name a few.

I mainly collect games for my Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and Game Boy Color. I mostly play older games and don't own the current generation consoles.

IRL I am a starving college student trying to get a degree.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheRomPit's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. I'm J, 27 yo. Huge fan of the Megaman, Zelda, Castlevania and Final Fantasy series, among others. I'm not into newer generation games/consoles except for maybe God of War 1 & 2. Love everything NES, SNES, GB, GBA and such.

This is a very cool site and am glad to be part of it now.
    THE ROM PIT (Under construction)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Thefrisbee's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey dudes, whats going on...

I usually hang out over at Nintendoage (have been for a helluva long time I guess) and just thought about the fact I signed up over here ages ago. I was hoping perhaps that this site could help me out in hopes to finish off my black box set. Anyone have any idea how to get to the B/S/T area?.. i'm totally confused.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jehusephat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

- Who you are
    My name is Matthew. I'm 27.

- Where you live
    I'm from Moscow, Idaho.

I found them while searching for checklists.

I grew up playing Infocom text adventures and NES/SNES RPGs, so I like wordier games with stories, good character development and interesting environments. Zork I and Chrono Trigger have always been two of my favorites. Puyo Puyo is my favorite multiplayer/puzzle game, but only because I'm better at it than my friends are :P. Kickle Cubicle is my favorite NES game because of how much I enjoyed renting it as a kid. My mother bought me a complete, boxed copy for Christmas a few years ago, and after receiving it I realized how badly I wanted a few other games I had long ago traded away in favor of newer ones. Before I knew it, I had a fairly large collection.

Mainly the NES, SNES and DS, but I'm always looking for good games on any system. I prefer collecting for cartridge-based systems, because I'd like to be able to play my game collection 30 years from now without simultaneously destroying it. I also enjoy being able to drop my games without seeing my life flash before my eyes. Aside from that, NES games are cheap these days, so it isn't financially irresponsible of me to collect them anymore.

I work in a deli making sandwiches. When I get home, I play video games that I can barely see through my tears of shame. I'm also married to a wonderful woman who thankfully puts up with me and my frequent trips to pawn shops, thrift stores and other seedy places on my quest for new games.

This looks like a great forum, and it's nice to see that most of the topics posted lead to civilized discussions. I look forward to participating in some of them in the future.