Page 113 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) NeilTheDruid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi guys!

Hello everyone.

My name is Neil. I am 22 and from England. My gaming life started out when I was about 6, with going around to a friends house and playing NES and Megadrive games. Eventually, I got a Megadrive 2 of my own and the obsession began -until it was stolen (I have since aquired a new one )

At the moment my systems are: Sega Mastersystem, Sega Megadrive, Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64. I am intending on expanding my collection, space is needed first!

I'm looking forward to joining in with this community. It seems very cool.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello guys!

- Who you are A 17 year old with nothing to do but buy dusty games.
    - Where you live Seattle, WA.
    - How you found the forums Google -> FamicomWorld -> AtariAge -> RetroRoundtable
    - What your favorite games are Any pirated famicom multicart.
    - What systems you collect for NES, Famicom, FDS, Atari2600, Snes, Channel F, and soon hopefully sega genesis.
    - What you do in "real life" Grind away at school.

See you later!
    Last edited by MS-DOS4; 11-12-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Rachel from Hong Kong
    I found this website from google serch engine
    I'm big fan of strip poker
    I'm a assistant of a serch engine engineer

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello every one
    I am new to this forum.Myself MatineArgent .
    for the last few days I have been realizing this forum very helpful to me.
    I am here to know little bit about gaming and out side world.
    Last edited by martineargent; 09-24-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Ghost Writer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Chris. You'll have to excuse me if I don't write a whole lot about myself; I'm not very good at self-descriptions. I'm sure you'll get to know me based on what I post on the forums, so for now a simple "hello" will have to be enough.
    One's got a weasel and the other's got a flag.
    One's got on the pole, shove the other in a bag.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: My name's Vincenzo I'm 21
    - Where you live:I live somewhere in the midwest
    - How you found the forums:Google
    - What your favorite games are: Berzerk for atari 2600, Sonic the hedgehog for Genesis and master system, and Conker's Bad Fur Day on N6$
    - What systems you collect for: I collect for Colecovision (one of my fav. consoles),atari 2600, N64, Master system, and Genesis (I also have around 100 DC games but I just play them I don't consider them part of the collection)
    - What you do in "real life" I go to college part-time and work full-time
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I began collecting when I was 10 years old when I had to sell the majority of my games (about 12 Genesis games and 5 master system games) As a kid (and even now) I could never afford the new systems so I had to buy the ones were 5 years or older.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm peregrinus, not sure exactly what to say, but I'll start with some of the info from the first post in this thread.

- How you found the forums
    I found The forums via recommendation from a user, that I am not sure is actually a member here, but I've used the database before, sadly I didn't find much of what I was looking for aside from some info on what said item was.

- What your favorite games are
    My favourite games are: Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Radical Dreamers, Xenogears, Persona 3: FES, and MGS4.

- What systems you collect for
    I collect for the following consoles: NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PSP, Atari 2600-7800, N64, NDS, and I think I'm missing one or two...but almost anything.

- What you do in "real life"
    Well, due to the economy, I am currently unemployed.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

My hobby is Glitch Hunting on various games, Legend of Zelda Links awakening for instance.

I work on a freebie forum as an administrator, and I like to think of myself as a philosopher.

I began collecting relatively recently, the first mainly being a more or less complete Final Fantasy 1 on NES I guess...

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am in fact a member here.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, if I can I'll list you as my referrer then.
    Sorry if I can't...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy, I joined up because I am working on a homebrew project and I hear that there are people here who can help with finding resources and such.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Will
    - Where you live: Detroit, MI
    - How you found the forums: Google search
    - What your favorite games are: Final Fantasy IV, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Super Mario World, Wario's Woods, Civilization 2: Multiplayer Gold, The Adventures of Willy Beamish
    - What systems you collect for: I don't collect. I love to play games, though. I play any system, with my favorites being the Sega CD, TurboCD, and Dreamcast. I play on buying a 3DO and Saturn next.
    - What you do in "real life": Full time student, studying secondary education.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: None that I can think of.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are - Kevin but most people inside and outside of the computer world call me "toggle" (with a lower case t, because I guess I don't deserve to be capitalized... ha)
    - Where you live - Chicagoland
    - How you found the forums - Link from somewhere, I don't recall
    - What your favorite games are - Constantly changing. Sometimes its something like SwordQuest, other times its Sewer Shark, it all depends on my mood each week generally. At this very moment, I've been going on a Dragon Warrior kick
    - What systems you collect for - Atari 2600, Nintendo NES, SEGA Master System, Game Boy, TurboGrafx-16, SEGA Genesis, TurboExpress, Nintendo SNES, SEGA CD, SEGA Game Gear, Atari Jaguar, Panasonic 3DO, SEGA 32X, Atari Jaguar CD, SEGA Saturn, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, SEGA Dreamcast, Nintendo Game Cube, Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox, I think that's all of them. I intend to start collecting NeoGeo and Lynx soon.
    - What you do in "real life" - Retail Sales, Student (Chemical Engineering), Run a small business from home
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - Nothing too interesting. The most exciting thing about me is that I brew beer I suppose.

I've been reading the site for a while, I figure it was time for me to register and make it official! I will be spending most of my time in the Technical and Restoration Society, seeing as that's about all I've ever read on this site.

-toggle
    -toggle47-

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi!

Who you are: Ben

Where you live: I'm in West Virginia

How you found the forums: search engine (Google) but I've been reading topics on here for awhile.

What your favorite games are:

Alot of obscure ones! well some arent that obscure:
    Dragonslayer series, Zeliard, Gandhara, Bolu Fez & Five Evil Spirits, Elysion, Babylon, Super Pitfall (not the horrid NES game!), Vampire Killer, Malaya no Hihou, Knightmare series, Firehawk, Valis series, Psycho World, Popful Mail, Ys series, Xak series, Sol-Deace, Emerald Dragon, Aleste series, Zanac, the list goes on....

What systems you collect for? All Retro systems, I don't play the new stuff.

I mainly collect for: MSX (2, 2+, Turbo-R), NEC PC-8801, PC-9801, Sharp X68, and TurboCD/PC Engine. No Nintendo or Sega

- What you do in "real life": Work and School, basically!!

Any other interesting facts?

I like collecting old chinese/taiwanese swordplay films. I like some of the other genres too. anything with Polly Kuan or Doris Lung is nice

also big on collecting music.
    favorite styles: soul, R&B, funk, break beats, freestyle, electro.
    my YT channel is Gandhara496

hope to be part of the discussions here

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hi!

I've loitered a while and enjoyed reading a lot, so I decided to join up. This is me . . . .

- Who you are: Just call me Lewton, Private Eye.
    - Where you live: UK.
    - How you found the forums: Googled . . . . PLUS, of course, some pretty clever investigation work.
    - What your favorite games are: Nearly always point & click adventure games and puzzle games - some very obscure. Although I'm partial to the odd action adventure too, and recently discovered Oblivion. Favourite games include; Monkey Island series, Gabriel Knight series, Grim Fandango, Discworld series, Culpa Innata, Outcast, early Tomb Raider games, Toonstruck, Stupid Invaders, King's Quest series, The Dig, The Longest Journey, The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo, Amber, Obsidian, Morpheus, Touche the Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer, Neverhood, Scratches, Sanitarium, Blackstone Chronicles, The Black Mirror, Maupiti Island, Broken Sword (1 & 2), Lure of the Temptress, Beneath A Steel Sky, Bad Milk . . . . I could go on.
    - What systems you collect for: Most generations of DOS and Windows PC systems and some PS1 and PS2 titles.
    - What you do in "real life": Mad Scientist (and moonlighting as a P.I.)
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: Began collecting around 10 years ago. Fell in love with adventure games through the Broken Sword series. Wish I had the time to play more. Keen outdoorsy type and like to get out in the wilds a lot, which conflicts with my gaming interests.

I know PC discussions aren't too common here, especially ones about adventure games, but still I'm looking forward to getting involved in some (hopefully) adventure gamey talk ............. and maybe others too.
    Last edited by Lewton; 10-01-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings from the west coast of Ireland. My name is Matt and I live here with my wife and two children. I just turned 31 last month.
    Always been a fan of gaming in general, I started off with an Commodore A500.
    I can't forget how great those games for the Amiga were at the time.
    Over the years my brother and I owned all the major consoles, still got most of them too. Neither of us, I guess like everyone on here, ever lost the enthusiasm for gaming. I collected a few rarities these past 6 or so years, my wife thinks I'm nuts! But, like I tell her, I could be spending my money on the bad things in life.
    Favorite games - Shadow of the beast 2 , Mario 64, Final Fight, Turrican 2, Colony Wars and Goldeneye.
    For a living we run a web business for the motorcycle touring market, we started up in 2004. I also have a little website on the side, it's not long published and it's a way of getting back in touch with a few gamer types out there. Took quite some time to track down a forum like this, looking forward to meeting some like minded retro gamers. Best Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Scott from the UK

I found this forum by googling about RGB mods on 3DOs :-), My favorite games are platformers and isometric adventures like Alien8.

I collect pretty much anything, but mainly PCEngine, 3DO, MSX TurboR, Famicom and Atari 8bit.

In real life I work in electronics repair. I also help run a retro computer museum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm TazVag...my avatar says it all.

I've been a gamer since as long as I can remember. To this day I only stick to the gaming I grew up with as a kid. Anything from Dreamcast on just didn't hold me as much as the gaming of the 90s. I've got a huge collection to prove it!!
    I'm a college student now though, so I've decided to part with some of my collection in order to pay the bills. It ain't easy, but I think it's the responsible path for me right now. I can't recall how I found this forum, just know that I've been looking at it since back in the earlier half of this decade. Can't believe it took me this long to start posting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is TJ, some of you have probably seen me around, I'm 19 from Rutherford, I play 3rd Strike (as seen in the avatar) Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, ITG (arcade, you may have see me at fun n games before it closed) Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis and PS2, I've been a gamer since i was about 3 or 4, so I'm not gonna get out of it anytime soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Bruno from Brooklyn (yeah, stereotypical ain't it)

I lurk the forums and finally decided to join up.

I'm addicted to 2d fighting games and 16-bit shooters.

I don't collect, I game. Mainly focusing on the 16-bit stuff and some PS3.

I'm an accountant and enjoy fishing as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ap85

- Who you are - Adam
    - Where you live - SC
    - How you found the forums - I've known about and been reading the forums for a while, but finally decided to join
    - What is your favorite game - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
    - What systems you collect for - All systems
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - I've been gaming my whole life (first system was a Sega Genesis).I have owned every system since the genesis but usually when I would get a new system I would give the older one away.About 4 years ago I got the urge to play some of the older games I had, so the collecting began.
    Last edited by ap85; 03-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.