Page 114 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Retro Button Combo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Subject XVII

- Who you are: I am Sebastian Dean Leitch I just turned 18 and I have a sister.
    - Where you live: Mallorca.
    - How you found the forums: Google search.
    - What your favorite games are: Portal.
    - What systems you collect for: Xbox 360
    - What you do in "real life": Write
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: 64 got me hooked.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey im James or jjaammeessnneess
    im 21 and a super huge fan of the NES
    im a wood worker / handyman
    Just pretty much love the nes.

My Feedback score on Ebay is 427
    my feedback on Nintendoage.com is 105

im here to buy sell trade some nes stuff
    read the postings and post myself

Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0) andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ughhhh
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 01-28-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wow, I'm Finally IN

Well everyone, I've been reading these boards for about a year now and this entire time it would never let me post anything. So a couple of days ago I finally emailed the administrator, or whatever they are called, and I didn't here a thing. So tonight I figured enough is enough, I rejoined and gave a different email address and wala. I"M IN.

Anyway, I'm probably the biggest video game freak, that actually doesn't play video games. I buy them, I collect them, I just rarely play them. So far this year I probably logged in about 20 hours worth. And about 19 of those hours were on Mario Kart Wii. Its not that I don't want to, its just I don't have the time. Oh well, some day I will.

I love the retro games more than anything. Nintendo and Sega mostly.

My favorite games are Madden, Tecmo Bowl, and RPG's. And of course Mario Kart for the Wii.

My prize position games are a few homebrew games that I bought from Game Reproductions back in January. I didn't even know those types of games existed until reading these threads. I bought the newest version of Tecmo Bowl, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Castle Vania. It just mind boggled me that I could play these games with different versions.

Anyway thats about it

Insert Coin (Level 0) Archangel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Archangel Sin

Hello everyone..

My name is Lou, call me by that, Archangel, it does not matter too much to me.

I live in South Jersey, hopefully one day will be able to make it up to the DP store someday..

I have known about the forums since 2003, was a member once in 2004 but left for reasons I honestly cannot even remember anymore.

Favorite game: Earthbound, a close second would be Chips Challenge for the PC if anyone would remember that.

Systems I collect for? Various, I get a hold of a rare game, I have it protected and cased before anything else. Just recently I have obtained a Virtual Boy with a few games and I plan on trying to find a few more..

What I do in real life? College, I hate it but I do it so I can get my degrees in Network Administrating. On weekends I usually head out with my friends to farmers markets and various yard sales to scout out and obtain any rare or interesting game and or object.

My prize possession is probably my Virtual Boy as of now, fully functional, AC adapter, games, has really made it worth while to hunt more. Also have a few boxed games such as Mario 3 in perfect condition box and whatnot.

As for anything else, might as well ask me by PM...
    Currently Hunting: Any Virtual Boy game except Mario Tennis and Teleroboxer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    My name is Tyler Pugmire, hence the forum name tpugmire.

- Where you live
    I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. (No I'm not Mormon, I hate when people ask that when they hear that I'm from Utah!)

- How you found the forums
    I did a google search for video game collecting forum. I got sick of hanging on the nintendo.com tech forums.

- What your favorite games are
    I like a wide variety of types of games, but I have to say that my favorite is old school nintendo (NES, SNES, N64), although I am enjoying the Wii quite a bit.

- What systems you collect for
    Pretty much anything nintendo, I do have a PS2 that gets used more for a DVD player than a game console though.

- What you do in "real life"
    I'm a friendly neighborhood FedEx man, husband, father, and all around cool dude!

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been playing games since I was a kid except when I was in high school. Games weren't cool at the time. Cars and girls replaced gaming for a while. I've recently slowly gotten back into it about 2 years ago. I realized that I'd made the move from gamer to collector when I found myself buying multiples of games I already own to trade with other gamers someday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

• My Name is Daryl Hulver
    • I live in Strasburg Va
    • I found the forums while searching for a video game price guide
    • My favorite game used to be Metroid Prime, now I have to say Uncharted 2 takes the cake, it is unlike anything else I have ever played.
    • I collect for all systems, from the Odyssey to the PS3.
    • I work as a customer sales rep at a telecommunications company.
    • I am an avid comic book, dvd, and action figure collector also, but video games are my passion, I began collecting about 7 years ago when my now ex girlfriend gave me her NES still in box and about 20 games, it was a good day. I miss that girl, lol. I'm 22 years old and have a twin brother and a lot of friends who help me look for stuff to add to my collection, thanks you guys.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(Emerging from the shadows from which I've been lurking).
    Confusion:
    Hello? That's weird. I thought for sure I had made some posts already.

Rambling:
    Anyway, hi again. I don't know much else to say rather than I'm very confused now, and I really like homebrew, especially 2600 homebrew and Dreamcast. I'm also a big chiptune fan, and enjoy being a member (a lazy, bad one) of NWCGE.

Excuses:
    I've been very busy in the last couple years, but I'll try to stop by and participate. I missed the last 2 Portland expos, but I plan to be around more in 2010 if things go well.

Boring Real-Life Stuff:
    I've met Y-bot & Mrs. Y-Bot, Rick, John, and Nathan (and a few others, sorry other people for forgetting names) but I still feel like a newbie in the classic gaming scene, and I wish I was born a decade earlier.

-Cheers

Also, what the eff? I don't remember that title. I get dubbed "Homebrew Evangelist" yet again? Eesh, I better make up for lost time and live up to it.
    Last edited by maanto; 10-18-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) skyhawk_fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are - William

- Where you live - My hometown is Nashville, but I go to college at UTM. Hence my username.

- How you found the forums - Someone posted a link to a rarity guide somewhere. I've been using it for years. I finally decided to sign up.

- What your favorite games are - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Portrait of Ruin; Space Harrier; The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; Life Force (NES); Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past; Super Mario RPG

- What systems you collect for - I dunno if you could call me a collector anymore. I used to own... I dunno... 300 games or so. I sold off a third of them because, well, I thought a lot of them were horrible. Probably a good 40% of those were well-received titles, too. I DO collect 32X and VB because they don't take up much space and are by and large cheap systems to get complete libraries for. Still, I've only got roughly half of the 32X cartridge games (no 32X CD games) and 2 VB games. Beyond that, I've got an Odyssey^2, Vectrex (Mine Storm is seriously addicting, but I need to find a decent controller very badly as the previous owner seemingly abused it or let a pet or young child get a hold of it,) NES, SMS, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GC, Xbox, Xbox 360, GBA, DS, and PSP. I've also got a Colecovision, but I haven't bothered with getting a power cord for it. I'd also have to find something worth playing, since I consider the original Donkey Kong to be an awful game. I never liked it, even when I was little.

- What you do in "real life" - I am a college student - a Communications (Broadcasting) / Political Science double major, to be precise.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - Actually, I don't think I ever have been a collector aside from the two aforementioned systems. I buy games to play. To me, the term collector denotes something completely different from a gamer who has amassed a large collection of games he or she actually plays (or in the cases of the copy of Rugby 2006 that's been sitting on my shelf unplayed for the seven months I've owned it and the copy of StarTropics 2 that's been on my shelf for four years or so, intending to play,) but you folks can feel free to disagree.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SuperFamicom83's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are - Christopf

- Where you live - New England

- How you found the forums - was looking for some info about import games

- What your favorite games are - Ninja Masters, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Tatsunoko Fight, Castlevania: SotN, Super Castlevania 4, Rock N' Roll Racing

- What systems you collect for - Japanese PS2 mainly. Use to collect Japanse Saturn and Super Famicom but I have taken a break for awhile.

- What you do in "real life" - I am an engineer

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - I got into imports after reading a bit about the Saturn version of Castlevania: SotN in some old game magazing back in 98 or 99. The Extra levels intrigued me so I sought the game out....found many other obscure/interesting Japanese games and ended up hooked. I am also a big fan of old cartoons! Ive spent wayyy to much cash on bootlegs of old toons that will never be released on DVD! (the gary coleman show, super globetrotters, turbo teen, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordMayo

Default Im the GameTrog!

My name is Erik.

I Live in Jacksonville Florida.

The first system in my house growing up was a Magnavox Odyssey. I have or had almost every system since.

Found to Forum with a basic search

My Favorite games are..hmm, I got a lot! All the old Graphic Adventures from Sierra (cuz they made them for Mac, which I grew up with). Toe Jam & Earl, SHUMPS, WWII Simulators (Flight and Other), and the list goes on and on.

I collect for Coleco/ADAM, All SEGA, Early Nintendo (Pre 64).

In real life I sell Classic Video Games at GameTrog (I hope that OK to post).

I'm working on my Profile so my Signature may be wrong, this is a test, this is only a test.

Thanks! Erik

Currently I Play XBOX 360 (lordmayo) & Wii

Insert Coin (Level 0) sonictrend's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm James Fischer, From Toronto Canada

Found the forums by accident years ago, looking for FDS info.
    Fave games TG-16 / SNES / N64 / FDS
    Collecting for TG-16 / PC-Engine / N64 / FDS at the moment but wont pass up any cart game.

I'm a mechanical engineer design technologist, a certified professional welder all positions Tig, Mig and Stick. I currently work at an EB-Games part-time. I'm also a certified Installer, MECP cert as well as brake and steering. And ran my own performance garage for a few years before the landlord didn't renew the lease and booted us out.

I have a small collection of performance cars as well
    a 1975 Datsun 280Z (in pieces)
    a 1987 Mercedes 300SDL (winter car)
    a 1983 Mazda RX-7 FB (daily driver / Summer car)
    and a 1990 Nissan 240SX "Sil-Eighty" mod with a 320Bhp SR20DE+T (not a DET) That is suited for track use only

I've been collecting games since about 1989 with the NES system
    Thats about it really.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Todd
    - Where you live: Toledo, Ohio
    - How you found the forums: Atariage
    - What your favorite games: Q*bert , Donkey Kong Junior and Pac-man
    - What systems you collect for: ColecoVision
    - What you do in "real life": Unemployed CNC Machinist
    - Any other interesting facts: I have been a ColecoVision fan since I first got one as a child back in 1982. I hold the World Record on Twingalaxies for Q*bert and Donkey Kong Jr. for the ColecoVision. I am trying to find investors for making a joystick ball for the ColecoVision controller. And I have produced and sold a boxed set of Mario Bros. controllers for the ColecoVision.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are I'm stephanie and i'm 23
    - Where you live I'm currently in Ontario, Canada, but I'm from Utah.
    - How you found the forums Reading about a huge scamming incident that happened in 2007 ;
    - What your favorite games are I have too many to list
    - What systems you collect for NES, DS, PSP and many others
    - What you do in "real life" I'm in school majoring in finance and I'm just starting up a website
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. Haha nope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Marc, I am 32, and I am from Las Vegas.

Hello new member here, not new to video gaming for sure. Anyone from PcEngineFX or Rising Stuff should know who I am. Everyone always talks about this place, and so I decided I'd finally drop the bomb and see what it's all about. Looks like it's pretty active here so that's always a great thing...

Anyways, a little more about me, I am 32 years old, been playing games since around 82 or so when I was 5. That's when we got our 2600. Didn't play much until the NES came out then it was all over but the gaming! Over the years went through a ton of consoles/handhelds and finally realized I needed to collect all of what I grew up on (this was about 10 years ago). So now I have a decent little collection of consoles and games, probaby nothing compared to some of you but anyways. Here's a list of the consoles that I currently own, not gonna worry about the games. I need to catalog everything I own, any recommendations?

NES
    NES Toploader
    SNES
    N64
    Game Cube
    Wii
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS Phat (X2)
    FC Twin (SNES/NES)

Sega Nomad
    JVC X'Eye (Sega CD/Genesis all-in-one)
    Sega Dreamcast
    Sega 32X

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1

XBOX

Playstation (5501?)
    Playstation 2 Phat

Atari 2600 (CX2600A - 4 switch Woody)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I definitely play the older consoles a lot more than the newer ones. I just find older games so much better, maybe because I grew up on them.

Some of my favorite game series are:

Metroid - Favorite, I own every US Metroid release (except trilogy do I count that?

Castlevania - second favorite series - I have many, many CV's - including Dracula X Rondo of Blood for the PC Engine CD

Contra, Mega-Man (Have 1-6 on NES), Street Fighter (mostly the II series), Ninja Gaiden (none of that 3D Crap), Final Fantasy, Zelda, Dragon Warrior (currently playing Dragon Quest Monsters for DS)

Anyways, that's a little bit about me, I will check in from time to time and say what's up.
    Last edited by Oldskool; 10-28-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Fredric, I live in Sweden and have stumbled upon this forum several times while googleing for various stuff.
    I'm mostly into the Fairchild System, I collect, repair, program and build my own games for it. I have several different consoles for it, Luxor, SABA, ITT and an extensive collection of the original carts, Zircon, SABA, Luxor, ITT and Nordmende as well as a few Barco (same as Fairchild but their own instruction booklets). I programmed Pac-Man for Channel F together with another guy and have sold a few carts (with box and instruction booklet) and I have also finished a Multi-Cart that has all Channel F games versions and known prototypes.

I also have several VIC20s, C64s, Amigas, NES, a SNES, a N64, a PS2, an Xbox360.

For now it has been a lot of Guitar Hero (World Tour) and Full Auto on the 360. Other than that I have various favorite games for different systems.

I try and get my favorite games for the other systems but it's mainly Fairchild System that is collected. I was glad to find Spy Hunter on original cassette not long ago for the C64.

In real life I'm an electronics engineer, I currently work both as that but mainly for a personnel hiring company.

I began collecting after I found an old power supply for our first tv-game the Luxor Video Entertainment System (Fairchild System) in 1995 - about the same time that I could search for it on internet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am Alexander Badr. I make Youtube videos criticizing video games kind of like the Angry Video Game Nerd. Type Gamedude on Youtube and see for yourself if you want. Anyway, I live in British Columbia Canada and I own about 50 game consoles including the Fairchild Channel F. I go to film school right now and... Yeah...

Favorite game franchise. Well, of course that'll have to be Mario. Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. That game will kick ass. Oh, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    morphor2
    PSN
    morphor2

Hello, I came across this forum from the article in VC&G which was linked from another forum I am on which you guys may know already. I was obsessed with Harry Potter and have been needing something to switch to so soon as Deathly Hallows came out I decided video games and over time found more out about them.

Insert Coin (Level 0) VanHelzen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A new average person joins the battle!

What's this I hear in the FAQ about an introduce yourself thread?

Well, I am VanHelzen (as you may have already noticed right about <- there) which isn't my actual last name, but I thought it sounded sort of cool. I've been a determined collector of Video Games and similar media for a couple of years now. Especially rare classics that wouldn't be worth even 2 pennies had they actually sold well back in the day...but that's just part of my luck I guess.

Oh, and I enjoy betas. PHOAWR!
    Don't think, just play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile new to retro collecting

To make this easy as possible I decided to copy and paste. XD

- Who you are
    I'm Elliot, a 16 year old
    - Where you live
    Minnesota USA
    - How you found the forums
    Searched for retro gaming forums on the googlez
    - What your favorite games are
    Old school to modern
    - What systems you collect for
    nes,snes,genesis,mame,gameboy
    - What you do in "real life"
    I am a student in high school
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I just started collecting video games for retro systems, so my list is very small right now. I bought an fc3 plus to make life easier for me but have a genesis on hand as well.

Glad to now be a part of this forum! Can't wait to see what's in store for me