Page 115 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cardkeeper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

Hey guys I'm Austin! Aka Cardkeeper or Card for short. I'm almost 15, a freshmen in high school and live in the eastern United States. How I stumbled across this forum?? Well, it was a complete act of randomness from the heavens or whatever becuase I was looking for a good Video game site with google and watta ya know! I'm here! I don't actually COLLECT Video Games but I want to. My grandpa is a proffesional collector so I already have a couple serious collections. I especially like the N64 because it was the premiere system when I was a kid. With my favorite games being SSB and Super Mario 64. My collections are pretty serious so I normally want mine with all original inserts in immaculate condition factory sealed but that's just me. My friends call me nerotic Lol. Anyway, I hope to meet lots of new friends here and have some fun, so, until later, PEACE OUT!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) manny4565's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Manny. Like many others here I stumbled upon the actual Digital Press store this past summer while googling for old school video game stores. I currently work full time at a Greek restaurant in Livingston NJ and also do part time seasonal pyrotechnician work at Garden State Fireworks. In my free time I LOVE collecting various kiosks which hopefully many of us know what they are to save time. I currently have a Gamecube tower kiosk (rescued from a Gamestop dumpster in '05), a Nintendo DS kiosk (got free from Nintendo rep at a local Circuit City shutting down last year), and a totally FREE PS2 kiosk with the TV, key, and system (rescued from a Gamestop dumpster). I don't really enjoy going out too much and prefer to be more of the loner type, as such I enjoy spending as much time at Digital Press where I feel more welcomed and at home being amongst other gamers and games from all different eras. If anyone ever wants to ask about my kiosk collection or just talk in general about gaming, you can look for me at Digital Press, I'm the guy proudly displaying one of my Garden State Firework colored shirts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,

My name is marijn and I am a Dutch NES collector. I am hoping to get more knowledge about other sytems from this great site. I recently found a rare SEGA game called mallet legend, my quest for information led me here. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138245

Insert Coin (Level 0) technocolor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all -- i'm Ben gound you guys on a blog article about old school games. Checked out the forum and thought I'd join. I've been gaming since '85, so I guess that qualifies me

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi. I am New to Classic Games

I dont know much regarding tech talk, I play the games and thats about it. I am from Connecticut

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hawkslayer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default video game hunter/trader/collector/player

Hello my name is Steve.I am from Ohio.I am 37 and started playing video games in 1977 with Atari 2600.My favorite game for atari is haunted house.I buy sell and trade video game.You gota have a way to pay for your habit.I found this site looking up guides for classic games.My systems include atari 2600,7800,nes,snes,n-64,genesis,ps1,ps2,x-box,wii,dreamcast,gameboy advance sp,and ds.my game collection is over 2000 games.I also love world of warcraft.anyone who wants to say hey or drop me a line on a game your looking for feel free to send me a note.Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0) GroovyBee's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, Some of you may recognise me from the AtariAge, Atari-Forum or the Free Jaguar Project forums. I was mentioned in a 7800 homebrew thread on here so I thought I'd better get myself signed up .

The Atari 7800 is my current retro development platform of choice. I don't think it was pushed to its technical limits back in the day. Its a good little 8-bitter with plenty of power in the graphics department. Its sadly lacking in a good built in sound chip (it uses TIA like the 2600) but you can't have everything .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Default About Me...

- Who you are

My name is Michael

- Where you live

Currently in Madison, Wisconsin, but originally from Massachusetts.

- How you found the forums

Googled for video game message boards and this seemed like the most frequented.

- What your favorite games are

Goldeneye, Ducktales, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy 7, Mario Kart 64, The Legend of Zelda NES, Sonic 2, Ecco The Dolphin

- What systems you collect for

NES, SNES, N64 primarily. Also got a bunch of PS1 rpgs that I plan to play if I ever have time.

- What you do in "real life"

I'm a PhD student at the University of Wisconsin, studying Economics.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

A friend and I realized that video game collections are better than all other collections because you can actually do something with your collection as opposed to just hanging it up on a wall. Thinking about this, and thinking back on video games of my childhood has made me go back and pick up a lot of the games I used to love, and some others that I never had the chance to play.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!!

*copy/paste activate!!*

- Who you are

I'm a 22 year old female (yup!) with a liking for anything that's anime, manga, Internet and retro gaming!! And anything that's a chemical explosive...

- Where you live

I've lived in Norfolk, Virginia for all of my life!

- How you found the forums

I stumbled onto them when I was looking for Super Famicom games to buy, and also when looking for a way to play Lagrange Point on an NES. I'm also a member on Racketboy!

- What your favorite games are

RPGs, puzzles, and shmups! Especially Tetris and all of its many incarnations. Also many games based on anime I like, even if the games' concept is stupid - the cute or coolness factor of the anime overrides it!

- What systems you collect for

SNES and Super Famicom. I have so many of those games and accessories, it's not even funny. (And I am amazed at the massive boxed/complete full set of SFC games that I believe one or two members here have...) I also have a fair-sized collection of GBC, GBA and DS games. I do occasionally dabble in NES, N64, GC and PS1/PS2 game collecting, and am aiming to start a Saturn collection in the near future.

- What you do in "real life"

I'm... currently unemployed *curses awful economy* but I'm a chemist by training and a licensed pharmacy technician. All I need is a job!

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I started collecting and playing video games when I was 12, when anime and the Internet started getting popular. Sailor Moon was my favorite anime at the time, so this led me to playing a translated rom of the Sailor Moon RPG game Another Story. This ended up in me tracking down a SNES, modding it, and very nicely asking my parents to get me the Super Famicom cartridge of it on eBay, never mind that it was in Japanese... Ten years later, I now have all of the Sailor Moon SFC carts (as well as many, MANY other SFC games) and with a SFC system coming in the mail by next week, so that's a childhood dream fulfilled!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bye Bye DIGIPRESS
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-14-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Legend Of Zelda's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. I'm Sean. I'm 21. I live in San Diego, California. I have a friend who has turned me onto this site as well as collecting. I'm starting my Zelda collection, which is halfway decent at this point, always looking for new stuff. Also, collecting some Gameboy and N64 stuff. So yeah, hi.
    Collecting Zelda games/items. Pm me with something interesting

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i should have done this sooner
    but i'm Paul i found this board from another message board that recommended the rarity guide to me
    i collect games for Atari 8bit, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Sega CD. PS1, PS2, Dreamcast. Gamecube, GB, GBC, GBA, and DS
    i have more than 420 games total

that is all

Insert Coin (Level 0) dayzed4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Here

My name is will, i live in oklahoma, just thought id start posting here due to i like the rarity guide and i am a beginning collector. ive had most of the major systems while growing up but they always ended up being taken and pawned by the parental units growing up. i have a son now and it may sound stupid but i want him to grow up playing the gaming awesomeness i did and truly appreciate it, i have a small collection of nes, genesis, n64, xbox, xbox 360 and ds. look forward to being an active member here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i posted before introduce myself.
    ERROR..

lol

Anyway
    I'm from italy
    and i m newbie collector.
    I fell in love with 16bit when i was younger and that's the core of my console passion.
    I'm not on the "next generation" thing (have no ps3 or 360) yet.
    But i guess i can't resist the call cause i love shumps too and the 360 it's going to be the console you should buy if you love that games.

Who said Futari?? ^_^

cheers everyone

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheCaptain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello classic gamers, my name is Bill and I'm a 29 year old classic gamer fan who has been looking for a good community to join to discuss retro video games with other fans, I guess I found it!

Well, I guess I will start out by telling you all a little about me and my love for classic video games, this is my favorite part. Like with many here, I started out with the Atari VCS/2600 in the early 80's and had a ton of great games but I was really young and didn't really appreciate them until I bought another 2600 at a flea market in 1994 where I really sank my teeth into the system and it's vast library if titles. I recieved my first NES in 1989 and it was most certainly the NES that made me fall in love with the medium and want to devote hour after hour to playing my favorite video games, to this day the NES remains my favorite system of all-time and it will probably NEVER be replaced at the top of The Captain's mountain.

I eventually ended up with a Super NES in 1993 and fell in love with it much like I did with the NES, but for some reason the SNES does not give me that emotional feeling I get when I play my NES, it's still a great console though and I still love it to this day. One of my most fond memories came in 1996 when me and a friend built a "game room" at my house and we had the dream of owning every console on the market at that time, and we can damn close, this was also the time when I fell in love with my 2nd favorite system of all-time, the 3DO. Yes, you read that correctly, the 3DO. There was just something special to me about it back then and still to this day I pop a game in and play the 3DO every now and again.

I also became a fan of the Genesis, Jaguar and Playstation around this time, all of which have had games that I will always have fond memories of playing, including the Jaguar, which a lot of people ended up hating but it holds a special place in my heart.

Well, that was a brief history of me and classic gaming, I still fire up all my systems throughout the course of the year but my NES is the system that get's the most play, mainly because I have the most games for the NES compared to every other system I own. As far as current consoles go, I own a XboX360 and a few games for it, hopefully someday I can feel the love for it that I feel for my classics, but today's games don't give me that sense of wonder and excitement that the vintage games give me.

See you on the boards!
    ~The Captain~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,
    I am markbecken. Based out of Southern California. I make money online through different methods. Primarily, I am a performance marketer and drive traffic to several different sites I operate. I utilize SEO and PPC to bring traffic to my websites. Also do Affiliate Marketing. Programing Languages I know are php,mysql, & html. I plan to learn several different coding languages & I look forward to learning Python coding & should help me with my CIS career.I taught my self from a young age how to work on computers I really enjoy designing websites & furthering my education.

Insert Coin (Level 0) danny_galaga's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another retro gaming tragic here from Australia! I love my 70's and 80's arcade games. To the extent of building a cocktail cab running MAME

Then when i moved and couldnt take it with me i got into consoles. N64 was the first console i ever bought, two years ago! Now i have a few more, latest is an Atari Jaguar. Had fun making a rotary controller for tempest 2000 with it (",)

Favourite game at the moment i guess is Tempest 2000, what with the rotary controller! In general i think i dig the N64 games more than any other (cartridge) system. Just started out on Conkers Bad Fur Day, which is a great laugh! All time fav on my favourite system is Goldeneye. But Being really old school, my absolute favourite games (can't name one) would be the classic arcade games. Galaxians probably tops the list (yeah i know, why danny galaga then? its because danny galaxians didnt have the right 'feel'!)

So i mainly collect for N64, Megadrive, SMS. I pretty much have everything that interests me for the Jaguar (six games). A bit of Atari Lynx too. I also have a neo geo pocket which is a beautiful machine, but not really collecting anything else for it.

Mainly i dig cartridge based systems then. And of course arcade machines. Will have to get something nice once i have the room...
    Last edited by danny_galaga; 12-13-2009 at 04:06 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) vipirnekoarron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well hi everyone,what an amazing croud of people we have here,ill keep this short,but yea, I kept hearing from my friend that their was a site on the web that had classic gamerooms and wow,was he right,its amazing really,so I am glad to be here and I cant wait to learn alot about vintage gaming!!
    "Humans can't live in dreams, there are things you must do, people to protect, and places to go back to."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Hi, I'm Buzz, and I just joined here even though I've been visiting this site for a year or 2. I used to have a very populor Mario emulation website from 1999 - 2001, but since then moved on to other things. My first system was an Atari 5200, then later got a NES for Christmas. I've done some video game reviews on Youtube as part of Ghetto Gamers, and plan to go out on my own with reviews. I currently have over 45 game systems, and over 1000 games. I'm hoping to get along with some of you, if not all of you. Game on!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dark Veil's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    darkestveil

Greetings!

Loooooooooong time lurker here, finally saying hello!

I've been reading the forums (and the rest of the site) for years now yet I've never took the plunge as to participate in this great community.
    Until now, that is.

I'm a 27 year old videogame packrat from the Netherlands.
    Recently I went back to the university to once again pick up my studies (being Dutch language and culture) after years of doing unschooled and underpaid manual labour.

When it comes to gaming I tend to collect a heck of a lot more than I play.
    I'm in the process of collecting all PAL dreamcast games but tend to pick up just about anything if the price is low enough.
    That explains why I must be approaching about a thousand games now.
    The great thing about these forums is that I will probably not be frowned upon for having so many games, most of which I will likely never get to play.
    Apart from the dreamcast, I'm really font of handheld gaming.
    Especially on the original gameboy (which is where it all began for me) and it's later iterations.
    Yet for some reason the xbox live arcade games take up much of my playing time. Which is weird considering how much I love the physical part of this collecting hobby.

My love for games is almost as big as my love for music.
    So alongside my studies and gaming I spent most of my time on the band I'm in (a progressive melodic death metal band) and going to gigs.

That's about it, my apologies for the long post (which is long).