Page 116 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Jessica, 25, currently living in California originally from Wisconsin. I was referred to the forums by someone on the Gamefaqs forums, and this looks like a fun place that I might fit into

I'm currently collecting for Playstation, Gameboy (as well as GBC and GBA), Dreamcast, and SNES. I am specifically looking to pick up empty PS1 long boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome Jessica! Those are all excellent gaming systems that you collect for. It seems that the PS1 long boxes are somewhat rare these days, good luck in finding what you need. The only long boxes I have I plan on keeping, and they are not empty boxes. Eventually you'll have access to the For Sale/Wanted section after I think 10 posts and some time, then maybe someone can help you there.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ristar200's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm ristar200. I wanted to join here because of the nice community you guys have and, well, most of you guys are retro gamers like i am. I also have attempted making video game reviews as well.
    (If you want to watch them they're here ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/r200reviews

I hope to post more and share some of my knowledge with you guys in the near future.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Platinum is the name, vintage collecting is my game

Hi, I'm a collector like most of you out there. I also play some of the current gen games (just got through MGS4). Which remids me, I'm a long time fan of Metroid, Metal Gear, Mario, Pokemon R/Y/B (and only those verisons), and older FPS games.

Also, I started gaming on the NES (almost everybody did, or the 2600). The first game I ever played was Karate Champs (I was the white robed guy). From then I went onto SNES and N64. My first game console was a black N64 with SM64 and Bomberman Hero (I still have them ever sine I got them in Christmas of 1998).

I started collecting in 2005. When I traded my PSONE for a second model Sega Genesis. Ever since then, My collection has cost me thousands of dollars and thousands of inches in space.

My signature explains it all.
    "The expenses of the government reach EVERYBODY"
    -Calvin Coolidge (30th President of the U.S.A.)

Insert Coin (Level 0) deathafterkarma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    deathafterkarma

Well lets see here my prision ID says 1)4773n or Darren.
    My user name is my initials made into a band name.
    I'm pretty new on the collecting scene. I just started 6 months ago on my Sega Genesis collection.
    When I got really involved in collecting. A friend of mine(who has been collecting over 10 years) told me about this "Bible" known as the digital press collectors guide. Sure enough I bought a copy of the advance edition and that brought me to your forum.

Thanks DP now I have something to keep track of my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cześć wszystkim. (pol.)

Hi everyone.

I'm Dred. I come from little post-communist country called Poland (between Germany and Russia). Maybe anyone heard about it. Now I am a high school student.

Also, I'm interested in music (especially: rock and metal; favourite band -> Wishbone Ash) and oldschool audio technologies (vinyls, etc.). And of course retrogaming! ^_^ Favourite console: Soper Nintendo. Best games ever made: Final Fantasy VI & Sensible Soccer.

Sorry about my broken english.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey folks. My name is Christoph. I'm 29 years old and live in Kennesaw, GA, a quiet suburb of Atlanta. I'm a tech support manager by day. Well, night. I'm pretty much nocturnal.

I don't have much of a "collection" as such, but my favorite system of all time is the SNES. I started playing on the Intellivision as a toddler, moved up to the NES, and I've been a Nintendo kid ever since, though lately, I play more on the 360 than anything else. My tag is The Stoph, look me up sometime!

I go through phases of wanting to collect, but "real life" always seems to get in the way before I can get it going. My house has a nice, big, finished basement. It's perfect to line the walls with ancient gaming relics... Right now my goal is to obtain a good condition Super Famicom, just for aesthetic value. I just got a top loading NES for myself for Xmas. Man, that thing is tiny...

Insert Coin (Level 0) janken_the_great's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everybody. My name is Steve I am 29 years old. I am from Monroe, Washington USA. I have been collecting and gaming for about 25 years now. I work doing packaging, and shipping for a large stuffed animal company. I got started gaming when I was 4. Neighbor had a 2600 I got to play with lots of games, and that was my first console gaming experience. When I was 6 I got my first console, I chose to go with a Master System over the NES because no one else had it and I liked it better. From that point on I have been a big fan of the alex kidd games (you can probably tell by my user name ) among other favorites. Right now I collect for Sega SG-1000, Sega Genesis, Intellivision, and N64.

I found the site through members over at gamegavel. They have pointed me this way numerous times, so I figured I had better join. I have the same user name at game gavel, screw attack, Sega-16, and CAG if any of you are members there.

Favorite Games Right Now: Mega Turrican, Shining Force II, Musha, Grind Stormer, Star Control. All games for the Genesis my favorite old school system I still play today.

I have been meaning to post here for quite a while now. Love the site, and the amount of forum activity. Hope to meet some of you in the future. Happy Holidays Everyone!
    Fan of vintage games and all things Sega, well except the Teradrive eewwwwww

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys ... I'm EvilGonzo and i reside in California. I've been collecting classic computers and consoles for many years. So its cool to be able to kick it with gamers and collectors .. I took that step from being a Troll to a new member, And I'm glad I did. Hope to see some of you out there on the battlefield.

Insert Coin (Level 0) masteroftheclaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I hunger...I live!

Hello everyone, I'm Marcus. I've been living in California my entire 19 years of existence and am pretty happy here. I've been gaming for about as long as is humanly possible (probably like the most of you!) and despite my young age I started out with lots of Atari 2600 games, some version of Pong, and an Apple IIe. In real life I'm tremendously boring, play a lot of games, and sometime engage in classes. Maybe.

I've had this site in my bookmarks for years and would usually just use it for the online rarity guide. I think it might have been just today that I realized/was interested in checking out the forums. Well, better late than never, right?

Some of my favorite games... well, a whole lot of them are more modern, but I guess I can't help what I like! Some of my favorite games are: Silent Hill, Killer7, Phantasy Star Online, Bushido Blade, Space Station Silicon Valley, Shenmue, Diablo II, Dig Dug, Joust. Nothing all too unexpected there!

Basically I'll happily get any games I think are awesome for whatever console they are (that I own, preferably). My largest amount of games on any console is PS2, but I wouldn't say I'm specifically collecting for it. I'd really love to have more N64 games so I'll say that's what I'm going for. Mostly I'm looking to expand my console collection because, as it stands, I basically only own the "popular" consoles from NES generation forward.

I can't think of a time that I specifically thought that I was collecting games. I only know that I've always loved them and generally had more than my friends did. Perhaps it was a time in high school when my friend bought herself a shelf for all her games and was proud of this and all I could think was how TINY it was. Maybe then I realized I was engaging in buying video games more than the average person. But now that I'm certain of my constant desire for more, I'm looking to make friends with other collectors out there!

My collection isn't the best by far, but it's all about the fun and memories we have about our respective games, right?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

Hi, I'm Scott, I just joined yesterday. I've stumbled across this site various times in the past while looking for random classic gaming information. I never noticed the forums, however, until somebody mentioned them on GameFAQs. The older system boards on GameFAQs have gotten really slow lately, so here I am! From what I hear, the crowd here is better, more mature, so that should be good.

I'm 24 and I've been married for over 4 years to my High School sweetheart! We recently had our first baby, she's a month old! I lived in NC most of my life, but a few months after graduating college last year, we moved to FL and I got a full-time job as a computer programmer.

I've been gaming since I was 3. I started hardcore on the NES and was somehow able to beat games at that age that are still hard to this day. I moved on to the SNES shortly after it came out and that was definitely the "Golden Years" for me, as many call it. I also got a Game Boy somewhere in there, and upgraded to a Game Boy Color when it came out. I got a N64 when it came out, and was blown away at the time and wore out games like Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, and Super Mario 64. But, that system didn't age well with me, it's definitely all been downhill since SNES. I couldn't afford a GBA or GC when they came out, and then shortly after their release was when I went on somewhat of a gaming hiatus. I was extremely busy my last 2 years of High School with AP classes, sports, working, and most importantly, my girlfriend, that I just didn't have time for games. I played some games here and there at friends houses or whatever, but it was very RARE. Then I started college and was taking full-time classes and working full-time, so I still didn't have time. It wasn't until my Junior year that I finally started fitting games back into my life (I still had all of my older games, just hadn't been playing them). By then, I had missed out on practically the entire 6th generation, and the 7th generation was already underway. So, ever since then I've been working on catching up on all that I missed (while ALSO trying to catch up on classic games that I still want to play or re-play). I got a GBA SP (backlit) and started catching up on GBA games, and about a year later got a DS Lite and started getting DS games. Got a GC mainly for Mario Kart DD. I also got a 360 and a Wii. There's very little on the 360 that I care to play, mainly Halo. The Wii has a few titles I like. So now, I basically have a monsterous list of games to play and very little time to do so as I work full-time, am married, and have a child, so I just play a little here and there when I have free time. But I'm ok with that, I love my family, and I've got the rest of my life to play all these games, because there are less and less games coming out that I even care to play so not much new is really being added to my list.

Favorites Games (in somewhat order, but not exact)

Legend of Zelda series
    Final Fantasy VI, IV, X, Adventure, Legend, Legend II, VIII
    Secret of Mana
    Donkey Kong Country 2, then 1, then 3
    Blaster Master
    Super Mario Bros. 3, then 1, then World
    Mario Kart DD/64/Wii
    Chrono Trigger
    Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C
    TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
    Castlevania series
    Contra series
    Super Mario 64
    Goldeneye 007
    Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
    Halo series

That's about it I guess, mainly Platformers and RPGs. I like tons more games than this, just trying to list my absolute favorites.

I collect mainly for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and DS. I don't care to have a large quantity of games, I just try to get all of the good quality games, at least, IMO. I've got a lot and I'm slowly closing in on having all of the games that I care to have for these systems. I do collect for N64, GC, Wii, Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 as well, but the number of games I care to have for those systems is very low.

Also, on the note of collecting, I used to care about having all of my games "complete", but I finally gave up on that recently. I just got tired of spending more on games just to have the box and manual sit in storage, never to be used. Now, for newer games that come with dedicated cases to hold the game, I definitely get it complete. But older games that just came in cardboard boxes, like NES, SNES, etc, I just get cart-only. I've been slowly working on selling all of my excess boxes and manuals, just don't care to have them anymore.

Other than gaming, I like to run and lift weights, I'm interested in technology/computers/electronics and like learning anything new in those areas. I like good movies and good music. I enjoy board games and anything competitive. But most all, I love my wife and daughter and love spending time with them.

Wow, that ended up being really long. If you read all of that, thank you! If you care to comment on anything, feel free to send me a PM!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    anji2128

Hey! My name is Mike. I'm 22 years old and work at a local videogame store in Statesboro called Gamesboro. I've been playing games for forever. My dad had a 5200 and when I turned 3, I got my NES. It's been chaos ever since. In the past couple of years I really began collecting videogames. I have a pretty small collection of around 400 or so titles, but it's growing everyday.
    I mainly play shmups, fighters and adventure games. Some of my favorite titles include: Super Metroid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Gradius III, Mushihimesama, Espgaluda, Grim Fandango, Sam and Max: Hit the Road and Diablo II.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What up everyone, Yoshi here! Just joined the site after browsing through some retro gaming sites. I just recently decided to start a serious game collection. I have been seriously collecting for only a couple weeks, but I am already hooked. I also plan on completing/finishing/beating every game in my collection, so I should have plenty to do with my free time.

My favorite game of all time is, without a doubt...Resident Evil 2. I'm into basically every genre of gaming. Some of my other favorite games include Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XII, Galaga, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil Remake, NCAA Football series, Socom 2, Call of Duty 4, the original Mega Man, Toki, basically the entire Mario series, Ocarina of Time, and many others. I am collecting games for all systems that I currently own: NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, Gameboy (Color), and the Gameboy Advanced. I plan on picking up a few more systems and collecting for them as well, particularly the Virtual Boy, Neo Geo, 2600, and Sega Saturn.

Peace for now, Stay High!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Demon_Attack82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheToadie

Hi I'm Matt! I'm 27 years old from Dickinson, ND (although I was born in CA)

My first system was a Bally Astrocade......
    My modest collection includes a Fairchild Channel F, Atari 2600, Oddesey2, NES, SNES(that can play Japanese games), N64, Gamecube, Wii, Sega Master System, Genesis2(&3!),32x, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX&360....love to get a TG-16, SEGA CD and maybe a NEO GEO (If I win the lottery someday)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ravenswood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

The name's Chris. I found this site totally by chance one day, when I wasn't even looking for anything video game related. It just so happened that I enjoy video games, however, so I guess it all worked out for the best.

I'm a collector for the NES, SNES, Genesis, GBC, and GBA. I'm looking into getting a DS next year, once Golden Sun 3 and Dragon Quest IX (hopefully) hit the streets.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Only16bits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! My name is Rob and I'm from Spain. I'm 25 years old, yes I'm an old men and I'm collecting videogames since few years ago.

My collection is from NES gen to XBOX360 gen but I'm in love with 16 bits PAL systems (SNES, MD and TG) but if some NTSC games are exclusive from this region and I like it I collect them too.
    Good Sellers:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.es/El-Desvan-De-Laura
    http://stores.shop.ebay.es/Videojuegoshoracio
    Bad Sellers No one yet... Positive 47 - Negative 0

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepharytheworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, iI am 26 and from Atlanta GA USA. I am a retro gamer and collector. I mostly enjoy sidescrollers, shmups, 2d fighters and rpgs. Other then gaming I am a musician and collect metal/thrash cds, mostly oldschool.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello I'm tony I'm 35 and medically retired after finding my old nes and replacing the 72 pin I fell in love with all my old games. I'm working on getting some arcade games that I grew up playing. I was turned on to this site from a freind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Matt. I'm 25 years of age. I live in Texas. I moved here in October after living my entire life in Minnesota.

I work at a Testing Center and I am currently considering going back to school to get my masters degree in education.

I've been to this website several times and thought I might give the forums here a shot.

My current favorite games:

Super Castlevania IV
    Metroid
    Golden Axe
    Parasol Stars
    Actraiser
    Super Ghouls and Ghosts
    Blazing Lazers
    Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Splatterhouse 2
    Air Buster

Collecting for me is almost a sidenote to me. I really like playing games, first and foremost. I only purchase games if I get a good deal on them, or I actually want to play them. I have played every game I own. . . maybe not extensively, but played nonetheless.

Collecting is nostalgic for me, as I'm sure it is for most people here. I get games that I remember playing and liking, or games I wish I could have owned while a child. As a kid I rarely got new games, so there is plenty I never experienced.

I currently collect mostly for 16 bit systems. I love the Sega Genesis. Probably my favorite system of all time. I also love the Sega CD. Sega's system has so many arcade style games. I love it. I recently got a JVC X'Eye and Sega Nomad to add to my growing 16 bit Sega collection.

I am also looking to expand my Super Nintendo collection.

This last summer I finally got my hands on a Turbo Grafx 16, I've wanted on since I first saw one as a kid (I also obtained a PC Engine), which is a supremely underrated system. I have picked up about 30 games for it so far. My favorite being Parasol Stars.

I should stress though, that I love, and will always love my NES.

I also like refurbishing and minorly modding systems. I enjoy changing out LEDs (I never use blue. . . I don't like them. Amber is the coolest!) and Painting really thrashed systems I find at thrift stores or garage sales. It's funny seeing how much crud collects in them over the years.

Insert Coin (Level 0) AceofGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Hi Everyone

So first off I mostly made this account so that I could post on the NXE Thread: www.digitpress.com/nxe_is_a_pain_how_do_I_remove_it? (don't copy and paste that it will get you nowhere, oh and my post is 31) I am excited to have stumbled across this resource and plan on coming back.

My all time favourite games are:
    The Legend of Zelda (all of them, my all time favourite is Ocarina of Time)
    Gran Turismo 2 (as I listen to the Garage Song titled "Soul of the Garage")
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Black (Needs Multiplayer)
    Need for Speed: Highstakes
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
    Syphon Filter
    Splinter Cell (all of them)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    Halo (all of them except for Wars, and now I am really really really bored of 3)

You know what? There are too many to list.
    Last edited by AceofGames; 01-06-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I like to make myself sound smart, I also left out some information the first go at it.