Page 117 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NekoArcNet

I found this site while looking up information on various game rarities, and found a few thinks that interested me, so here I am!

I've been a gaming enthusiast since '91, started importing SFC/FC games and equiptment, and now I'm trying to start up a games/systems rental business with a few friends.

Now on to discussing stuff! :3
    nya~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Joe , i am 29 years old , i own a xbox360 , psp 3004 and some retro consoles .
    I found this forum from internet , i am not a collector but i have a few retro games and consoles , happy to be here

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Neil. I live on Vancouver Island, am 24 and have been gaming for as long as I can remember. I'm primarily interested in collecting NES and SNES, but I've recently become very interested in the TG16 and PCE. The last console I picked up was a PCE Core Grafx with Ninja Gaiden, Parasol Stars, Valkyrie No Densetsu, New Zealand Story, and Space Harrier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

My name is Tyrone and I'm from California. I've known about DP for a very long time--from when back it was a paper fanzine sent via mail.

My favorite games are probably on the PC Engine/TG16 and/or Sega Genesis. But if I have to list a few: Lords of Thunder, Phantasy II, Tetris, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Dracula X, Kaze Kiri, Ys I&II

I make games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!

Golden here. Born in 1978, I grew up with the 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision (including the Adam) and Apple 2 in my home. I was the only kid I knew who preferred Sega over Nintendo back in elementary and high school. I'm still a Sega fanboy at heart, but have a love of all retro gaming.

I currently own a Sega Genesis w/ Power Base Converter, Sega CDX (my pride and joy), Sega Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast and TG-16. I have all the current gen consoles to, but those are just toys to me, as I'd much rather play games on any of the other systems I listed.

I have plans to expand my collection to include an NES and SNES, but that'll have to wait a year or so. I'm a Canadian (from Toronto), but am currently living in Hong Kong. I'll be moving back home in 2011, so that's when the collection will be growing again

I am very much in to console emulation as well. My Dingoo A320 and AtGames Gopher are my favourite toys for commutes to and from work. I fully believe in supporting the retro scene and donate to those who spend countless hours contributing to the scene.

When I'm not gaming, you'll usually find me doing something music related. Wether it's playing guitar or just chilling to some great tunes (if you haven't already, go out and buy Mother Mother's "O My Heart").

That's all for now. Hello again and I look forward to being part of some great retro discussions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never been much for introductions and usually skip this section in most message boards but i love this place and this site has got me back into retro gaming hardcore. There are 2 other sites i found recently i also love, Atariage and Nintendoage but i found this site first. So it's #1

I grew up in Michigan (live in Tennessee now) and the only system my mother ever bought me was an Intellivision II. I had a friend who had an Atari and another who had an Nes so i still got to play other systems, but most of my time was playing the Intellivision. I can remember the all night gaming sessions playing NBA Basketball and Super Pro Basketball with a friend, and i can't remember how many other games. I had roughly 37 or so games for it. They all got sold at a Garage sale around maybe 93 or 94 i think. The controllers didn't work anymore and if i had known the internet age was around the corner i would of kept it. I was really clueless and thought i was out of luck forever. Never seen any Intellivisions at Garage Sales in the area and we went to a lot of them. Toys R US used to sell spare controllers but even they stopped selling them by then. I had some rare games like Diner, Super Pro Wrestling, Super Pro Decathlon. I just recently bought an Intellivision from a seller here and i am happy again. Now i just need to get some of those rare games back.

The first system i bought with my own money was a Genesis. So i was a Sega guy more than a Nintendo guy back then. I sold the Genesis to pay for a PS1, sold that to get a PS2 etc. Now i'm a Intellivision guy, a Sega guy, Nintendo guy and Atari guy. Just last year bought my first Atari and realized maybe i was wrong as a kid. Maybe the Intellivision wasn't that much better than the Atari after all. I'm really addicted to some Atari games i had never played before.

So right now i own an Intellivision II, Atari 2600, Nes, Snes, Genesis, Sega CDX, Power Base Converter, Gamecube, PS2, and a Sega Dreamcast. And i have no idea how i afford all this with my dead end job. I literally live check by check. At the moment i am gonna be late on a bill because i bought too much video games this month. lol

I'm feeling real nostalgic and had my mother dig up a couple of pictures i want to share. One is from Christmas 83 and one from Christmas 84. Enjoy

I may copy and paste this over to Atariage and Nintendoage as well. I need to introduce myself there and don't want to type all this again. lol

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    theadeptgamer

I'm Matt, 25, and a lifetime gamer. NES is my favorite system, bar none.

For fun, I like to write, play my keyboard, make RPGs on my PC with the maker, listen to music (preferably twentieth century), read, collect and watch movies and TV DVD's/blu-rays, and sports is ok sometimes. My roots are in the South (Tennessee, Alabama, etc) and I've lived there my whole life. I'll be graduating this May from college in Alabama. I look forward to life after school.

As for today's game stuff, I love Wii and DS Lite- not too crazy for the DSi since the GBA slot is gone. Even though I have a PSN account, I find myself glued to the Wii and DS more than PS3 or 360.

I am glad to be part of a growing board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, so I'm new here, found the forum via googling S-Video Modded SEGA Genesis, since I'm looking to get one, but this seems like my kinda place, so I think I'll stick around. So onto the introductory questions.

- Who you are
    Just another dude that likes games

- Where you live
    Toronto, Canada

- How you found the forums
    Google, looking for S-Video modded Sega Genesis

- What your favorite games are
    Crap, where to start... shortlist, in no particular order of system or preference: The 4 classsic Sonic games for the Genesis, Phantasy Star IV, X-Men 2 Clone Wars, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Zelda Link To The Past, Spider-Man and Venom Maximum Carnage, Super Mario World, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Chrono Trigger... you know, I'll just stop here or this will become TLDR

- What systems you collect for
    Genesis/SEGA CD/32x, Master System, SNES, Game Boy Advance, DS, The 3 Playstations

- What you do in "real life"
    We can get to that another time, maybe

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    It all started with a Sega Genesis, when I was 9 good times... also I'll have you know I'm married (to a real woman) who loves games as much as I do... yes gamer chicks are real! (and no, she's not 800lbs). My other hobby is DJing, hence the name.

That's all I got for now

Insert Coin (Level 0) NESJohnny's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys!

I doubt it, but one or two of you may recognize me from some NES forums--NintendoAge, PlaytheNES, etc. I'm just a fella that loves old games and thought this might be a good resource in my collecting arsenal.

I hate to be a n00b around here, but I guess this is the best thread for it--is there a buy/sell section? I love initiating trades and sales in the forums but I don't have a good platform to do that with my non-NES stuff.

Nice to finally get to know DP a bit

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is charlie and I live in hagerstown maryland. I am 16 so i am very young compared to most of you, but I was raised off of old school games.

My first system was the snes, and I plan on getting another snes once i get a job .

My favorite game is donkey kong country 2, I have so many great memories of playing it.

I dont have too many systems at the moment but i am collecting n64 and ds games.

I really like this place and i hope to be here for a bit : ).

Insert Coin (Level 0) Crapahute's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I’m Vince, from Normandy (France). I was born in 1972.

I found this forum by googling about retro gaming.

I like classic arcade games (Galaga, Donkey Kong, Gauntlet) but also computer games like Elite or Populous.

When I was younger, I played in the arcades and also at home with these machines: ZX81, Colecovision, Oric Atmos, Amstrad CPC6128, Atari ST, Falcon, GameBoy and Lynx.

Now I try to collect any of the video games of the 80s. I also own 2 Mamecabs to play arcade games.

In real life, I’m a sailor.

I started collecting when I bought my first arcade cabinet. It remembered me all the good times of the past. So I plugged my old Colecovision which was sleeping in its box for about 20 years… and it all started again!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fontaine Le Funk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello to all my fellow gamers! I love all games no matter the platform.

Now, let us play, for life is short...
    Last edited by Fontaine Le Funk; 03-30-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) FireAce86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OmegaWeapon487
    PSN
    OmegaWeapon487

Hello everyone!

My name is Hannibal! ( yeah, it's my REAL name! ) and I am from Paterson, NJ, but now I live in Clifton, NJ. ( home of the world-famous Digital Press! )

I'm 23 years-old, and I enjoy all types of video games. I grew up with the Sega Genesis and Sonic has always been my favorite game. I remember my older brothers playing with the old Atari 2600 ( Pac Man, anyone?).

I can still remember staying up all night playing all the old Sonic games, MK, Streets of Rage, Paper Boy, Street Fighter II, etc.

I remember back in 96, when I was introduce to the world of PlayStation; I wanted one since that very day, lol.

Finally, on Christmas Day of 1998, I had my very own PSX! I spend the whole day playing the Demo that came with it ( MGS -in Japanese!, Spyro the Dragon, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, MediEvil ). It was single handly the greatest day of my life, lol.

Over time, I moved on to the PS2, and I was hooked even more!

The first system I bought for myself was the Gamecube back in 03. To this day, I still love playing it. Over time I went on the the Xbox, 360, and the PS3.

Games now look better, and have so many inovative designs to 'em, but there is nothing like playing the old Classics!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've actually been around for a little while, but I never actually introduced myself.

Hi my name is Kelly and I am 24. Kale is a nickname that combines phonetic elements of my first and last name. I got it when I was on a project in Iceland because there was another Kelly and she had more seniority than me. I grew up in Northern California, but I currently live in Tempe, Arizona while I finish my graduate work. I found these forums because I discovered reproductions and immediately fell in love with the possibilities.

My favorite games are largely RPGs. My all time favorite is Earthbound/Mother 2. My little sister got it for her 5th birthday way back in 1995 when it came out, and since then I have probably beaten the game somewhere in the area of 50 times.

Additionally, I love much of the classic Final Fantasy series, Contra, the Mega Man series, the Harvest Moon series, Super Mario RPG, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Double Dragon, the great platformers (DKC, Mario) and all the Star Fox games that actually involve flying the arwing. Also, Age of Empires II. Also, Wave Race 64, which I became freakishly good at when I was about 12.

I collect for basically all the Nintendo consoles, but primarily NES and SNES right now. I've got an okay collection for N64, a pretty mediocre collection for GC and an almost non-existent (though developing) collection for Wii. I have a Super Famicom and I'm also collecting imports.

I also have PS1/PS2 collections, but they consist largely of just RPGs. I'd love to get recommendations on truly classic/unmissable Playstation games that aren't RPGs.

Currently, I really want a PS3, but I can't really justify purchasing one when I already spend all this money on games made in the 80s. I also want a Neo Geo AES and am currently on the lookout for a decent deal. Maybe some day I will even get a Sega, but I obviously grew up as a Nintendo kid and part of me is still intimidated by Sega.

I only have two handhelds that I collect for - GBA and DS. I freaking LOVE my DS and play it even at the most improper of times.

In real life I'm a disgruntled PhD student and a professional archaeologist. I'm also engaged to a super cute non-gamer and we have a lazy 10 month old kitten. I like to travel to uncommon or unusual places in the world, do photographer, write fiction, blog and do MMA (boxing/BJJ).

Nice to meet everyone!
    Last edited by kale; 01-25-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hewmanoid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hewmanoid

Default Introduction

Greetings everyone. My name's Matt and I'm 19 years old.

I live in eastern Pennsylvania, and I've lived here all my 19 year life. Haha.

I found the forums while browsing Google about sealed copies of SNES games. I read Jerome's in depth post and knew I had to join.

Some of my favorite games are Sky Shark [NES], Double Dragon I, II, III, POW, Contra, Mario 1, 2, 3, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter series, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, and the list goes on into modern games.

I collect games for the NES, SNES, and occasionally the Nintendo 64. I love collecting sealed NES and SNES games, and finding a good copy is half the fun. I'd love to start collecting some custom/reproductions such as Earthbound Zero and StarFox 2. I plan on customizing NES consoles, and some SNES consoles as well. My first task is to make a Zelda themed Nintendo 64.

Most of my time, I work at Burger King.. Sad. If I'm not working there, I'm working on my car (1991 Camaro), or just playing some video games [A lot of Left for Dead]. I do graphic design/merch design for bands and clothing companies. I like to sell things as a hobby as well. I collect a lot of other things, such as Vintage Star Wars items, 90's and 80's toys, some modern toys, and Michael Jackson memorabilia.

I began gaming when I was a little older than 2. I used to play the NES. Some games were Metroid, Super Mario Brothers, and Tiny Toons. I remember it fondly somehow. Then later on, I used to play Snake's Revenge, Double Dragon, Skyshark and so forth. Then soon after, I got the Super Nintendo. I had a decent collection of games for it including Mario RPG, Mario All-Stars, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country, etc etc. Unfortunately, I had to sell all of it a few years ago because we needed money. I regret it to this day and I'm STILL trying to get everything back.

On the bright side, I do have DKC in the box again, Mario RPG with the box, mint book, but no cart, and a handful of SNES games that I once had. My sealed collection is growing.
    NES- Magmax, Gyruss, Skyshark, Paperboy
    SNES- F-Zero, ShaqFu, Battle Clash, Metal Combat, Wayne's World, Cleaning Kit
    N64- Perfect Dark

Sorry for such the long post, but I hope it's worth reading!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drewskiwannabrewski's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cog scags

- Who you are: Hola! My name is Drew
    - Where you live: Bowling Green, OH
    - How you found the forums: Google
    - What your favorite games are: Earthbound, Mother 3, Chrono Trigger, Tetris Attack
    - What systems you collect for: SNES, NES
    - What you do in "real life"? I'm a senior in college and part-time cashier. I also host a retro videogaming podcast called Pixel Dreams
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My private museum...

Hi everybody, my name is Lorenzo, i'm 36 and i'm an italian retrogames collector.
    I found this forum on google
    After lots of years finally i found time to upload on the web my private collection that include almost every system.
    www.videogamesmuseum.it

my favourite systems are Intellivision and Dreamcast
    my favourite games are Shenmue and gran turismo

my occupation is automotive journalist and i live in Bologna, northern part of italy

bye
    Last edited by videogamesmuseum; 01-29-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) philinchio's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello from the Last Frontier! My name is Phillip and I come from Fairbanks, Alaska.

Gaming has always been a part of my life, though I didn't have any consoles until I got an N64 back when it came out. Only recently did I decide to start collecting and catch up on the classics that I'd missed over the years. I don't have much yet but I'm always keeping an eye out for something good.

Hope to meet some other Alaskan retro gamers out there as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dnkykng89's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing... me

Hello. I'm Dan. I'm from Indiana, I collect GBs and GB games. My favorite game is Halo for PC. When my comp's not blown up, I'm blowing up Masterchiefs (Masterchieves? haha) online. I found these forums searching for a way to replace the GB Pocket's screen cover. In real life.. I work for a drive-in restaurant, Dog 'n' Suds, and my spare time is consumed with computers and tv. No surprise. Oh and I'm 20. And I began collecting game boys because of some really old train sets my grandparents have.. and it's really cool to have stuff that old, so I thought I'd get more for my kids to have. Cheerio.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dnkykng89's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is the donkey kong game you refer to the one for super nintendo? Cause I love that game too.
    Edit: Sorry I meant to quote charlulz's post.
    Last edited by dnkykng89; 02-03-2010 at 12:58 AM.