Page 12 of 164 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I am Jamie from New York. I am 21 and love video games. I heard of this site from my friend and he got banned from here. I have Xbox, Playstation, SNES, NES, and GBA. My favorite game is Mario Kart for SNES. I absolutely love it. I do not have much time to play games anymore but I still love them when I get time. I am sure all of the guys with significant others know what I mean. My girl hates my sitting and playing games when I have time. I do not know what else to say so Happy Gaming

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Wes Whitehair, a 15 year old male

- Where you live

Muncie, Indiana

- How you found the forums

Searching for a collecting forum..

- What your favorite games are

Gunstar Heroes, Ms. Pac Man, River City Raid

- What you do in "real life"

Games, student

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I just saw that I already had almost 100 games, and I just thought, "hey why not collect"

- What systems you collect for
    Every system

Thanks
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Quintracker from West Virginia (please no redneck jokes....ugh). Currently I'm a college student majoring in accounting. Yes, it is boring.

I stumbled across these forums while searching for game trading sites. Right now I'm only actively looking for complete nes games and hope to one day (like most every other collector) own every one. I'm more of a collector than a gamer, simply because accounting sucks up free time like a hoover, and my nes system is broke. :/

Anyways I've been lurking around the forums for a couple weeks now and decided it was high time I introduced myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Here goes...

- Who you are
    My name is Lawrence Lamb, I'm 34 and have been playing since I was 7 years old.

- Where you live
    Houston, TX for the last 26 years, but looking to move to NM soon.

Email I received after purchasing the Digital Press guide.

In no particular order: Galaga, Tempest, Devil Dice, Tetris, Roller Coaster Tycoon, THPS 3, PS2 Rygar, Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy X...
    I've got systems and games for: 2600, 5200, 7800, XE/8-bit, Jaguar, Intellivision, Colecovision, Astrocade, Odyssey 2, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS, PS2, Sega Master, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Vectrex, Xbox, Game Boy/Color/Advance, Game Gear, game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, 3DO, VIC20, C64, Virtual Boy, Lynx, Turbografx-16, Tandy CoCo, TI 99/4A...probably forgetting something. I have games for Arcadia 2001 but no system yet.

For the last 18+ months, I've been a store manager for Blockbuster but I was a R-Zone "world leader" for Toys R Us for several years before that.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc
    I started collecting when I was 13, just as the videogame bust began. I bought everything I could when the prices started to fall, at that point just to have more games than anyone else. I started actively collecting about 8 years ago and currently have over 3100 games and about 70 systems/variants which swallows up my guest room, attic, garage and some of the living room and bedroom. The best parts of my collection are the POP and store displays I've gotten over the years, including 2 SNES counter displays, 1 Game Boy Pocket (B/W with monitor), 1 Neo Geo PC shelf displayer with 2 units, 1 floor-standing Playstation unit (minus the clear door), 1 full-size World Of Nintendo display (TV and electronics removed). I've also got tons of standees, mobiles, oversized boxes, banners, counter easels, plush, T-shirts, pins, pens, magnets, etc., mainly for the newer systems, as well as the Vidpro plaques that TRU used to display games when they used the tickets for purchase.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Buddy Ravelle, recently humbled and former high school bully. Just kidding.

- Where you live
    With my parents. I'll probably be stuck here for years.

Looking for info on how much my old 2600 games were worth, back in 1999.

By system:
    NES: SMB games, Zelda series, Mega Man games, RBI Baseball 2, Dragon Warrior
    SNES: Final Fight and SF games, Fatal Fury 2, MK1 and 2, SMB All-Stars, Zelda
    3DO: Gex, Madden, Fifa
    Jag: AVP, Club Drive, Checkered Flag, Tempest 2000, Cybermorph, Fight for Life
    INTV: Burgertime
    2600: Missle Command, Pac Jr, Centipede, Venture, Pitfall, Ms. Pac Man
    Genesis: World Series Baseball 96, Sonic series, SF2 CE, Deadly Moves, Golden Axe, Beavis & Butthead, Altered Beast, PS4, Street of Rage series
    GB: Pokemon Silver, Nemesis, SML series, GTA, Zelda games, Play Action Football
    PS1: Evil Zone, Eternal Eyes, any wrestling games, Triple Play 2000, Resident Evil games, KOTF 99, fishing games
    DC: Sonic games, RE Code Veronica, fishing games, Shenmue, Soul Calibur, NFL and NBA 2K games, NHL 2K
    N64: Zelda games, Resident Evil 2, WCW games, Nascar 99, Indy Racing
    Saturn: VF1 and 2, QB Attack, World Championship Soccer

-unlicensed NES games
    -Jag, Saturn and 3DO games.
    -2600 and INTV games when I can afford them.
    -SNES and Genesis games strictly for ones that are fun to play.

Teach kids

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I started serious collecting in 2001 when I picked up a used Saturn from a video rental store along with some games for roughly $30.
    As for other stuff, I recorded a 15 song rock album back in 1999. 2 of the songs were covers but the rest were originals.
    It was sort of an audition really, I sung over some tunes that some other musicians had laid down, they were looking for people but never did use any of the tapes. I think they tried out a few other guys, maybe 2 or 3. I checked out the tunes a time or two, wrote my own lyrics to go along with the songs and actually recorded it all over the course of 3 days. I do still own a copy, though. I don't know if Simon Cowell would have let me into the 'later' rounds but it was a lot of fun.
    DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys!

My name is Delf, and after a long period of inactive game collecting, I'm finally getting back into the game!

Well, I'm 27, living in good 'ol Oklahoma City, OK. To my knowlege, I'm one of the only people that collect classic video game stuff in Oklahoma.

I have been aware of digital press for quite some time now. I have the collector's guides.

Favorite all time system is the Atari 2600, and favorite games are Yars Revenge, Pitfall, HERO, Space Invaders, and Pac-Man (but not the 2600 version of Pac-Man!)

I currently collect just for the ATari 2600, 5200, and 7800 systems. I used to collect for the ColecoVision, INtellivision, Odyssey 2, but late last year, I decided I need to focus on just Atari systems. So, I sold off the other systems, and now all I have is Atari stuff.

In my real life, I work as a network administrator, and go to car shows. I don't have a wife, so none of that stuff to attend to (yet)

I began collecting for classic game systems a long time ago, sometime back in the early 1990's, when I was still in High School. I was living in the Western Part of Oklahoma at that time, where no civilization exists--electricity barely exists there. I remember when Cubicolor became available, and I scrounged a $100 up buy a cartrdige. Collecting was hard, but I would make it to Amarillo, TX about every 6 months and I would load up at the Flea Market.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Danny, I am 30 years young and live near the town of Kewaunee, Wisconsin (If you go on yahoo maps, my exact town I live in is called East Krok). I am married and have 2 kids, Payton, 4 (daughter) and Brandon, 18 months (son).

I came across this site about 4 years ago which is when I started my serious collecting. I had all the good systems when I was a kid, but got rid of them when I got older. I started buying a few things here and there around town and bought items here and there, needless to say, here and there has become 4 rooms in my basement.

I collect games for many systems. I have about half of the Atari, Colecovision, Intellivision and SMS libraries. I am about 50 games away on the SNES and Genesis from being complete and only need 3 games for the complete NES collection.

I have thousands of duplicates, just need to go through all of them. So I plan on helping many of you out on your want lists.

When I am not collecting or playing games, I usually am hanging out with my wife and kids.

My real job is selling Potato Chips and other snacks for Jays Foods, a smaller competitor of Frito Lay up in beautiful Door County Wisconsin.

I look forward to working with many of you on this site and around the world.

Cheers!

Danny

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Well this is a bit overdo....

Hello. My name is Brandon. This Introduction is a little late (when I joined the forums this thread was on page 8).

I'm 21 tommorrow (as it is 3/11/03 upon writing this) and am looking forward to spending my entire day in Dave & Busters playing DDR for the first time.

I reside in Jax FL which is the best place ever to collect games. There are about 11 games stores that I know of, and 7 large flea markets all within an hour of driving distance. Plus since most flea marketers have no idea what Ebay is or how to work a computer, good stuff gets sold for very low prices (i.e. Shining Force CD complete for 10 dollars, Miricle Piano Teacher for Nes at 4 dollars, Puzzle Fighter for 15, the list is endless).

Yxonomei is my fiance, and for those of you who saw my Mario Towel Ebay Insanity entrant, that would be her.

I'm going to collage full time and am trying to get into rendering or multimedia design. I'm also a proficiant short story writer (Go look at "Ballad of the Urban Psycho" in the Kingdom Arts forum). But I will be the first to admit that my spelling leaves something to be desired, so bear with me.
    I'm also a fantastic Puzzle Fighter player and whoop butt at Blackjack.

I work part time for Citicard making collection phone calls. Its not fun, but it pays very well so what the hey.

I also like Capcom....alot. My main collection goal is to get every Capcom game released stateside. I've got 121 right now.

That is about it for me. Um pleased to meet you?
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Roberto, and I come from the Neo-geo.com forums.
    I am 21 years old, and enjoy collecting fighting games. I have
    approximately 200 different fighting games for various systems,
    including almost all the SNK fighting games ( missing 5 ).

I am a huge fan of 2D shooters as well.

The systems I enjoy the most are:

#1 NeoGeo (Any system)
    #2 Sega Dreamcasat
    #3 Sega Saturn
    #4 PS1 & PS2
    #5 XBox

Thanks,

N_V

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

N/A

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy folks.

I'm a long-time RPG addict with a smattering of other games that have gained by interest by means of cute little gimmicks(being able to crawl around in a cardboard box, having talk radio stations where people complain about all the old floks in Florida) and found a place in my cold black heart.

I guess I'm a little young compared to a lot of the people here, as I was introduced with the NES, but didn't really fall in love until around the time I discovered Chrono Trigger.

Frankly, I can't remember how I found this place. Erm, what else is there? I'm your typical MS-hating, Squaresoft fangirl, anime nut(what I can afford, anyway. Which isn't much ), wannabe writer, smily-overusing, raving lunatic. Oh, and I have a sprite comic! Yay.

If any of this isn't quite coherant, it's because it's late and I'm tired. Granted, this is my usual state, but still

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aight.

Hello. My name is Chris. Im 23 and I work for microsoft.

*dodges tomatoes and other random vegitables being throw*

Ok, now that that's out of the way. I've been into videogames since I was about 4 years old. Atari owns. I started really getting into it around the time the SNES came out and I actually got to go to the Nintendo World Championships in 1994. It was called PowerFest '94. For those of you old skool enough you probably either remember it or actually competed in it. I've been mostly into computer games lately but I still enjoy fireing up the ol SNES and ownin down to china town.

Anyways, Im into mostly fighting games, but I like racing & RPG's as well. And other then a couple of exceptions, sports games can eat my ass. IMO they have no buisness being a videogame.

Ok, I think thats it. i r teh d0n3.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Sonny Kyzer. Im 21 years old and live in Titusville, FL.

I came these forums by a friend over at Atariage. I was having some problems with TYGC and he showed me the mess he made over here.

I collect for the Atari 5200, Jaguar, and Vectrex. My favorite games are Zaxxon, Rayman and Rip off.

In real life, I am a Auto technician at a local dealership. I have a 2 year degree in general automotive service and just started taking courses in GM and Honda service. I also build engines and transmissions for friends and people who know of my work.

I began collecting recently. I was at college when someone started talking about how they sold there Atari. My parents bought us kids a 5200 back in the mid 80's. I remember sitting in front of our big TV playing Zaxxon and other 5200 games. In 91, the system quit working and they threw it away. We got a SNES after that and I forgot about the Atari. Now I am trying to get back what was lost and then some. This is more fun and cheaper than cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suppose I will introduce myself. My name is Evan and I am from Manitoba. I am a huge fan of the snes, and have created one of the largest snes sites on the internet. Currently my collection isn't too big (only 60 games) but it is slowly growing.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings,
    My name is Ed and I'm a collector of pretty much anything game related. So my collections are pretty much a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing so far. I collect for, and enjoy consoles, but my true love is arcade. I currently own an Atari 2600, NES, Snes, Gamecube, PS2, GBA, and about a dozen arcade machines. I have a few carts for each machine, nothing too rare.
    I think my love for vids comes from not having too much money growing up, and of course no money = no games. I'm making up for it now.

See you around the forum!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

My name is Josh, I'm 18, and I once was a video game collector for just about any system I could afford to get my hands on. Lately however, most of my gaming stuff had been just collecting dust, so I decided to pawn it in favor of games I would play....which is really ending up to just be pretty much bemani games. Anyway, I guess you could say that I collect bemani stuff, and will go nuts over most of it.

I'm in Machesney Park, Illinois (It's about an hour and a half outside Chicago), and I found the boards thanks to a local friend (Captain Yashiro). I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about games and game systems, and am glad to be able to participate in the forums.

If you ever want to talk, go ahead and email me (ironjosh@ameritech.net) or AIM me (JWKobayashi).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everybody

Helloy everyone,

my name is Laurens and I come from the Netherlands. I don't now of any collectors in my country (I don't think there are to many) so thats why I love to see this forum with all these people who like the retro stuff as much as I do.

Right now my NES collection begins to grow the way I like it. I now have around 200 games for the NES. The games are hard to get here in the Netherlands..... Further more I have a SNES, SMS and Megadrive.

I have begon collecting not so long ago. I thought about the time I was playing Streetfighter II on the SNES and thought: wouldn't it be nice to have many/all the games for the NES and SNES. I still have a long way to go but I'm hopefully one day get to the point of having most/all of the games for at least the above systems.

In real life I'm working as a system engineer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old, and I am from South Jersey. I am currently a senior at Drexel University in Philadelphia and my major is Digital Media. Basically, my work at school consists of making 3D models and animations along with some smaller projects on the web and design. I plan to get a job in the videogame industry when I graduate in June...applications go out this week! Once my websites up you can see some of my work. I have been playing games since my parents gave me a colecovision and I haven't looked back since. I have just recently began my quest on collecting every system and the games on each that are appealing to me. Not sure what else to talk about. Hopefully I'll have the chance to become friends with the people here. If there's anything I can do for you let me know...I'm always willing to help.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Saturn and I live in South Central Texas. I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600 was released and that's where the addiction began.
    I found this forum by chance (and a tip from a friend at another forum) and have enjoyed every minute here since! My favorite games are mostly survival horror and/or fast paced action titles.<--contradiction? Once I got my hands on Resident Evil for PSX, there was no turning back. Since then, I've enjoyed every addition to the genre that I can. I have around seventeen systems, most of which I still play when time permits. Although that seems less and less frequently with the insane hours I've been putting in at work. Oh well, knowing there's a good supply of unopened games gives me a great deal to look forward to.
    -S

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suppose I'll need to reintroduce myself since it's been ages since I've been on here.

The name's J.D. Lowe, I'm a 20 year old game collector from Columbus, Ohio. I work at a local Gamestop where I am Senior Game Advisor (in other words, Asst. Asst. Manager), and I love the NES! NES FOREVER!!! WHOO!!!

Oh, and I'm a wannabe voice actor. Whoo.

It's been too long, guys
    "[13:59:31] <JDllama> it's not that often that women want a guy who can meow on cue"

http://www.twingalaxies.com/
    http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/