Page 120 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Snorlaxative's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, I'm from another forum and I'm starting to collect old games. I had a bunch from my childhood and finding them after cleaning my house brought back so many awesome memories.

During the console wars SNES vs. Genesis I went with the Genesis because all my friends had a Super Nintendo and I wanted to play games they didn't have. I kind of regret this though since all the classic RPGs are on the Super Nintendo, but that didn't stop me from ever getting some.

I'm mainly collecting SNES games, controllers, etc. to start off my retro collection. I only started this recently, but I can tell I'll be doing this for a while. Especially after seeing some of your collections on here, wow! Those game rooms are amazing, I can't wait to try and set one up once I have more stuff.

Cheers!
    I'm starting up a SNES collection!
    http://www.DarkGamer.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings and Salutations!

I'm Evil Avatar, the owner and webmaster of Evil Avatar - Daily Gaming News.... With Attitude. http://www.evilavatar.com

In an attempt to de-clutter my life, I set out looking for some prices for my old PC games and old Atari 2600 games and I ended up here. I have several thousand PC games that are taking up space in my office and they have to go!

Why don't they make games like Air Warrior III any more?

These days I'm mostly a console gamer and I'm de-cluttering my Xbox 360 collection as I move over to the PlayStation 3.

Up until now, you could say I collected everything. I have all my PC games since my first 486 and all my Dreamcast, Xbox, 360 and PS3 games. If I hadn't run out of room I would still be collecting all that stuff. For a while I'm limiting myself to PS3 games until I can dig myself out of the hole I'm dug into.

-Evil

Insert Coin (Level 0) invertedbird's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo. I'm an upside-down bird from South Jersey.

I walked into a store one day, got invited to a party at it the next day, and was introduced and registered at these forums the day after that.

A smattering of favorite games would include: Earthbound, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Chrono Cross, American McGee's Alice, Resident Evil(s), Diablo, Doom II, Blood, Duke Nukem.

My pet consoles are my Genesis and SNES, but I also hoard for the NES, N64, PlayStation, and GameBoy. I have a Sears-brand Super Pong unit, Intellivision, Dreamcast, GameCube, and Wii but they are largely neglected dust-collectors.

To make money, I'm a graphic designer and "administrative assistant". For fun, I play games, doodle, write, prance, and prance some more. Sometimes I even write and prance all at once. I'm mostly making up the part about the prancing. Doodles and writing and sometimes prancing can be seen at my blog that I am shamelessly plugging with this link.

What is the hap, dudes?
    Last edited by invertedbird; 04-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    SWEET CHRISTMAS!
    Big-mouthed floating thingies! It's always something.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are:
    My name is Benjamin Gaska
    - Where you live:
    Tucson, AZ
    - How you found the forums:
    I asked on a gaming forum for information on rare and obscure gaming and they directed me here.
    - What systems you collect for:
    Sort of anything I can get my hands on, my current actual focus is on the PC-FX, I hope to have a full collection of that in a few years.
    - What you do in "real life":
    I go to College and work at a Convenience store, thus the reason the collecting is so slow, funds are low oftentimes.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc:
    I was too lazy to attempt to format my introduction in any way other than the generic formatting posted on the frontpage.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    lame360gamer
    PSN
    Steelspawn

I there, my name is Warren and I am from Melbourne, Australia and I just discovered the forum this morning looking up some various information on the Mega CD.

I have always been a Nintendo gamer myself however now that I am a little older and actually have an income I am trying to go back and purcahse a lot of Sega products that I missed out on when I was younger.

I have been blessed with three healthy daughters who I am hoping one day get into console gaming themselves so I have a somewhat of a legacy to pass on (too bad our televisions in the future wont support them!!)

Insert Coin (Level 0) armonigann's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all..been a member for a short while, now time to buckle down and introduce myself..

Armoniganns the name and I love (as we all do) classic/retro gaming.
    I'm 31 years old and I live in Charlotte N.C.
    I've been rockin' the retro games since before they were retro.
    I mainly collect for the NES, Sega Master, 2600, 7800, and Colecovision..
    My nexties will mostly be Turbo Grafx and/or the 5200.

In real life I have an awesome son, and wonderful girlfriend. I deliver Pizzas for a living. Most would think the job sucks but I simply love it. I get to ride around all day and get paid well for it, as I deliver to nothing but rich neighborhoods. I intend to eventually travel back to a "real job" but the way the economy is and as much "dough" as im making Im definately not complaining.

I've always been a collector at heart, from football cards, Garbage Pail Kids, games, money, cars, to even girlfriends (the latter has been complete for 2 years now to a beautiful woman named Laura) .

Thanks everyone for your time and I'm glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

-Armonigann
    Last edited by armonigann; 04-12-2010 at 05:57 AM.
    Im looking for Bonk for the NES. No need to pm me though, unless you would accept bits of string for tender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I've been a member since 07/09. I actually forgot about this site until someone at NA mentioned it. This is a great community. I'm a beginner collector so I'm trying to absorb as much information as I can.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheClash603's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheClash603
    PSN
    TheClash603

Default Finally have been convinced.

- Who you are - Alan

- Where you live - Buffalo, NY

- How you found the forums - My friend Jaekwon and a slew of people on the pcenginefx.com forums

- What your favorite games are - Mid 80s thru early 90s arcade/console games. 2D fighting games.

- What systems you collect for - Turbografx, Laseractive, Famicom, Gameboy, and Saturn are my main systems; but EVERYTHING!

- Needs - Magical Chase (TG), Super Air Zonk (TG), Godzilla (TG), Syd Mead Terra Forming (TG), Dynastic Hero (TG), Outrun 3D (SMS), Road Prosecutor (LA)

- What you do in "real life" - Work at a bank during the day, and start kicking ass at 5:00.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - When I was "camping" as a kid, there was an arcade at the camp ground. I stood on a chair because I was too short, and was known as the little kid that begged for quarters. The addiction has never stopped.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shellshock!'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Knock knock,

I'm Brian, 32 years old, originally from Argentina but currently bored out of my mind in Nowheresville North Carolina, U.S.A. I started a little retro gaming website just to keep me occupied in a little town where there's nothing to do, and also as an excuse to take a look at those games I missed when I was younger. Currently I'm playing through anything portable, from GameBoy and WonderSwan til PSP and DS.

Not too long ago I decided to start buying complete copies of games I really like, starting with old portables like the GameBoy, GameBoy Color, Lynx, and GBA. Once I'm done getting a hold of the titles worth buying I'll move up the ladder chronologically, I guess, and eventually to consoles like Genesis, PC Engine, Sega CD, SNES, etc. I don't have any current gen systems except a PSP and DS.

I also frequent HG101's and GameSpite's forums. Glad to join another one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who am I? I'm Dustin, please don't look at my e-mail, or you'll know my whole name
    I live in Georgia, U.S. and I'm don't really remember how I found the site/forums, I can remember lurking here for a year or so. I've played most genre's of games, excluding modern FPS, platformers and RPG's are more my taste. My GBC helped me appreciate older games and got me collecting by making me think "it doesn't matter if its the latest new thing or has High-tech graphics, a games a game and its the fun that counts" I started off by simply looking in the GB games in gamestop when they still carried them, and finding a few intersting games and getting them. To be honest, then and to this day the price was a big factor, as I was depending on a little allowance, so GB games attracted me as I could get loads of them and have fun. Due to that, I hung around the GB game case every time I went to Gamestop, and eventually It became the first thing I went to there. When gamestop stopped having as much GB games, I started looking for GB stuff elsewhere, and later when I "discoverd the internet" I found more about old consoles and emulation, which made me interested in actually having one. Two years ago I finally got my first "old" console, a majesco game gear off ebay, and since then my collection has grown, with a genesis+32x, SMS, DC, and a DMG gameboy. My Gameboy and nintendo collecting has died off much as right now I'm mainly after games for my Sega consoles, though my SNES will change that.
    In my real life I'm a student, which of course makes collecting a bit more of a pain due to less income and such, but I think It makes it more fun too.

Insert Coin (Level 0) icollectNES's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's up all?

My name is Todd and I just found the site today.

I live in FL but am originally from MA. I LOVE NES!!!! I just started collecting again because my parents sold my NES and all my games when I was a kid. I don't have a huge bankroll to get games so I would appreciate any and all help about where to and tips on finding cheap NES games, any help is greatly appreciated.

I work at Disney as security and it is nowhere near as fun as it might sound.

Glad to be here and talking in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is James! I am a 13 year old obsessed with anything arcade or NES related. My current collection is not very big, but I have decided to focus mainly on collecting NES and 2600 stuff. My favorite retro game is either Metal Slug 3 or Megaman 2. My favorite modern game is either InFamous or Ratchet and Clank. I generally prefer the older stuff, but I will play my ps3 occasionally. I am somewhat good at electronic stuff, and like to build extravagant and expensive projects.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Renaissance's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Renaissance
    Where you live: Nowhere Maine
    How you found the forums: It keeps saying I dont have permission
    What your favorite games are: Champions of Norrath PS2 , Return to Zork
    What systems you collect for: NES
    What you do in "real life": Mom to be!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me....

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I'm Jørvin, from Norway.

Acctually kinda stumbled into this forum, was researching something for my RetroDuo and found a thread in this forum that helped.

Favourite games are Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, SMW, Zelda - Link to the Past etc. And newer ones are Bioshock, Mass Effect, SWKotORII...and so on and so forth

I collect mainly for NES and SNES, however I just started so not to big a collection yet + still a poor student...

Always been a fan of the retro games, even when they weren't retro, but who wasn't back then, except for your mom maybe who told it was time to go to bed beacause you had school the next day...what does she know?right?

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about me...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ThatJoshGuy327
    PSN
    ThatJoshGuy327

- Who you are: Josh
    - Where you live: Port Orange, FL
    - How you found the forums: Racket Boy, though it is currently down.
    - What systems you collect for: Primarily Gamecube. Also any demo discs or carts for any system
    - What you do in "real life": Freshman in high school.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: Have been gaming since age 2, have been collecting since 13, and have a Youtube channel showcasing it all.
    - Looking for: Nothing specific, as of yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are - Dan (aka bfstats)
    - Where you live - Maryland
    - What systems you collect for - all things Atari 2600

Many of you in the Classic Gaming Community may already know me, so allow me to apologize up front for taking so long to become a member of Digital Press. I've been to the site many times, and have ALWAYS appreciated the contributions by Joe, Sean, and John to the community. This site, their various publications over the years, and especially their organization of the Classic Gaming Expos have helped this community thrive.

Speaking of which, I very much look forward to this year's CGE, and hope to meet many of you in person there.

I've been an active collector since 1981, and my claim to, ahem... "fame" is The Atari Wall:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are- Joseph
    - Where you live- Texas
    - How you found the forums- A game reviewer on youtube mentioned the site.
    - What your favorite games are- Fighting games, rpg's and puzzle games.
    - What systems you collect for- Retro gaming until I can afford newer systems.
    - What you do in "real life"- Not much
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.- I like to draw and read comic books.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who am I
    gtmtnbiker which stands for GT Mountain Biker. GT is the brand name of my steed.

- Where I live
    About 15 miles outside of Boston.

- How I found the forums
    The site was mentioned over at racketboy.com forums.

- What my favorite games are
    Paper Mario series, Mario Party, Zelda handheld games, Picross, New Super Mario Bros Wii.

- Any other [interesting] facts
    I do software development for a living. I grew up with the Atari 2600/800 & Intellivision. Had a 20 year hiatus from gaming after college.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm drmay and I'm new here.

Hello all!

My name is David May.
    I grew up in Vancouver, WA but now live in Longview, WA.
    I grew up on Sega Master System, Genesis, SegaCD, Saturn. I was one of those "Sega Kids." I also have quite a bit of other stuff:
    Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, SegaCD model 1, SegaCD model 2, JVC X'Eye, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn (several versions), Sega Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, TurboGrafx 16, PC Engine Duo-R.
    Several of those systems I have modded and chipped.
    Occasionally I sell NES systems I have repaired on ebay too.

I slowly am rebuilding my collections. The reason I registered here is I was at the Longview goodwill and ran into John Hancock, very nice guy by the way and he mentioned this place, among others. So John, if you are seeing this send me a message so I know your username on this place. Or if anybody else knows his username let me know.

Insert Coin (Level 0) jordandavid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Jordan
    - Where you live: NE Pennsylvania
    - How you found the forums: used the ORG for years, somehow stumbled upon the site and finally realized this is the kind of place where people know what they're talking about on the forums
    - What your favorite games are: blades of steel, conker's bad fur day, DIABLO II, grand theft auto: san andreas, gunstar heroes, ocarina of time, super smash bros. (64 only)
    - What systems you collect for: I love anything N64, i think it's the perfect system. Mainly 64, NES, and Genesis, never had a SNES growing up, but slowly collecting for that as well. I bought an intellivision for some reason. have a ton of games. idk what the hell to do with it.
    - What you do in "real life": college student.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: started once I got my first job in high school, asked around to everyone if anybody had anything I could buy off of them. One of my first deals I gave some kid a couple packs of cigarettes for like 20 NES games. Wii is a guilty pleasure of mine.
    Last edited by jordandavid; 02-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.