Page 126 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My name is Amber, but you can call me by my second favorite Pokemon, Jolteon. :)

- Where you live
    Ohio, United States

- How you found the forums
    I googled something and stumbled upon a Gyromite thread.

- What your favorite games are
    Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon! I love every thing on the Genesis and Nintendo 64!

- What systems you collect for
    Sega Genesis is mostly all I collect. I have a large amount of SNES and NES games too though.

- What you do in "real life"
    I work at Walmart but plan to attend college soon.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I have 8 cartridges of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and am still looking for more! I want to find the original revision :)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newbie here. I'm 23 and I started playing the game & watch. It was like a gameboy micro but just had 1 game. Then there's the family computer, Nintendo, and so on. It's amazing how you've seen these things evolved!
    I'm really interested to know more here. I'll see you around everyone!
    A lot of part time home jobs are found everywhere on the net. Visit my link to know more about jobs found online.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newbie here. I'm 23 and I started playing the game & watch. It was like a gameboy micro but just had 1 game. Then there's the family computer, Nintendo, and so on. It's amazing how you've seen these things evolved!
    I'm really interested to know more here. I'll see you around everyone!
    A lot of part time home jobs are found everywhere on the net. Visit my link to know more about jobs found online.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Arno, 34

- Where you live
    Perth, Australia (since 2 years, original the Netherlands)

Have been looking here for ages every now and then, just never registered

Dunno really, I like a lot, from Super Cobra on the Atari XL/XE up to God of War on the PS3..... I'm not into RPG's.
    Edit: I remember, Tempest 2000 and REZ.

Woa, hard one... I think I collect everything... I like boxed systems the most, with some boxed games. The rest can be loose.

Sparky (Electrician)

Used to have an Atari 2600 with 6 games. About 20 years ago, my mom gave it to her almost blind really old aunt, and when she was to blind to see, about 12 years later, we got it back, of course she couldn't find the games. I found the console and started my endless search. When I left for Australia gave a lot of games and consoles away, like ps1 kiosk, a truckload of games and systems (no joke, just kept some stuff), and decided that was the end of my collecting. Started last December again and am on at least 30 different boxed systems (like 2600 vader, 2600 woody 6 sw, Saturn, Nes etc) and 15 unboxed systems (like Coleco Gemini, Intellivision, N64 etc), is it ever gonna end?
    Dunno how many games I have ATM, bought a bigger house, which still has to be build. than I can start unpacking all my boxes which are stacked on each other and start drewling over my beloved pearls again.
    Last edited by skippious; 09-22-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: forgot my best games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) hanzelb98911's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hanzelb98911

Default new to this game

I am new here to the forums and the site. I would stop in and introduce myself and hopefully getting to know some people.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys - I have been a member for a few months but just coming back out of the shadows. Been very active on NA lately, posting and trading. Just wanted to come back here and gain some new perspectives!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Keekethehedgehog

Hey all! My name is Frizo, I am a 13 year old punk (yes, well, most people refer teens to 'punks' wear it proudly > ) anyways, I have been collecting this classic gaming stuff since I was 11, started off with a N64, and moved all the way back to an Atari 2600!
    Here is a list of my consoles (listed by year):
    -Radioshack Pong Console
    -Atari 2600
    -VIC-20
    -NES
    -Genesis
    -Saturn
    -Dreamcast
    -PS3
    Handhelds:
    -GBC (WITH PRINTER + CAMERA BIOTCH!)
    -Game Gear

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Tyler's the name
    Central vermont usa
    i love gaming but just like most things i love history to them even if i didn't have one.

What i own for gaming systems is
    a computer for which i am talking to you on
    a Xbox 360
    a Game Cube
    a Xbox
    PSP
    N64
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Original
    and a NES

i got my start in gaming in the late 80s when i played on my uncles atari 2600 and then his NES
    and after i got my hands on borrowing a 2600 for a few years i was hooked on gaming for sure!

i work in a local factory basically as a grunt worker
    but do have inspiration to some day open up a shop in the area that specializes in selling collectable games and their consoles as there seems to be a growing market for that and for people my age or older that love the feel of nes controller in hand or a atari 2600 joy stick or the sheer size and weight of a Atari Lynx

got the idea from a game shop in salem massachusetts that does just that that i frequent when traveling down there!

i feel i know alot about classic and rare games and consoles but as i learned i am forever learning!!!! so yea
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 11-14-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm new to the site. I am an avid gamer and I love all types of games (old and new). I grew up supporting the supermario franchise, castlevania, megaman, contra, mortal kombat, and the first installments of Final fantasy (1-7). I am also addicted to war and building games such as the C&C series, Age of empires, Warcraft, battlerealms, and the like. I also am a fan of role playing games such as Diablo 1 and 2, Final fantasy, etc. I am currently into the God of War Trilogy, World of Warcraft, and other online games. With programming developments and gaming console improvements, games are continuously evolving. A lot has changed on a graphics, sound, and gameplay perspective. This I think is the major reason why people get addicted to games nowadays, and I am not surprised if in the near future our population will grow significantly.

Justin Cook
    Vita Mix Blenders | Vitamix Recipes | Vita mix 5200 reviews

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My Name is Gatucaman, i love YTPs and Sprites

- Where you live
    Mexico

When navigating trough retrowareTV

Megaman, Capcom NES Games, some RPG's, Really underrated Late NES games, Fighting Games and Beat em Ups

Right now, i Own an NES only with over 70 Games, i have just a few SNES and Genesis Games (in the past i used to own both a SNES and a Genesis along with my 1st NES, but had fewer games and had to sold them for money when i was in highschool).

I finally finished Collage, and seeking for a Job next year

I own a Good looking cart of Panic Restaurant that i bought from Obregon Sonora in 2008.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey everyone just found this forum. im 24, am in the Navy, stationed in hawaii and am a huge fan of retro gaming. I've been building up my collection over the past few years of almost all of the classic systems. glad to be a part of the forum!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I just wound up here while looking for the value of an item I found. I am a novice collector and I would like a hand in finding out how much a Nintendo Radio Boy is... Not the radio that attaches to the top of the system. This is an AM/FM Radio shaped like an original gameboy. It is still sealed in its original package. I couldnt really find it anywhere and I am looking for someone who might have a better idea. I have a couple of them and I posted 1 on ebay. It currently has a bid of 34.99 but I don't know if this is a good price for this. I posted it higher and did not get any bids. Please let me know what you think.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edited
    Last edited by FoxHack; 12-02-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheDeFiler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,

My name is Rob and currently reside in Jersey. I've been coming to this site and the store for about 3 years but never actually created an account. I've always enjoyed games that thought outside of the box when it came to game design. For instance anything Shin Megami Tensei is genius along with games made by Bioware althought Mass Effect 2 left a little to be desired. Some of my favorite games would be Metal Gear Solid (1st was the best IMO), Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts, anything Kirby, and A Link to the Past just to name a few. I currently work for Columbia University working for their IT department in the hopes of getting my A+ certification. It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

***lurker mode off!***
    Hello fellow gamers and collectors! My name is Scott and I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I've been a gamer since the glory days of the Atari 2600 and Colecovision. I discovered this site after watching the sad, slow decline of traffic on the RGVC newsgroup. I collect for all systems and love learning anything I can about them and their software. I'm particularly fond of the PS1, SNES and Genesis. I love survival horror, sci-fi shooters, adventure, and RPGs. Well, now that I've introduced myself, I'll be seeing you guys (and gals) in the forums...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My names Kyle. A buddy of mine brought me to the store yesterday and I was in heaven. I looked the place up and found this forum. I'm just starting a collection now that I'm out of college and working full time, for whatever reason. 21 years old and grew up on my dads Intellivision II. Best case scenario in my eyes. Working on growing my NES collection very slowly. My list of consoles to get is massive though. My time will come..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name's NESFan80. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fourswords's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

Daniel, 22 yrs old.

i collect everything zelda and also have an interest in beta versions in general.

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8bitmusic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Swerve Sauwce

Default Why, hello there.

Hey hey hey. I'm the new guy.

Name's David, and I'm very happy to be here! (I forget which movie I'm quoting). I was born in a small town in Missouri, did my undergrad at Berklee College of Music in Boston, had a brief stint in Philadelphia, and currently reside in Chicago, IL. What can I say, I get around. *chicka bow wow*

I've actually been a frequent visitor to the site and forums, but never thought to get involved and register until today. I must be bored due to being with family, and away from my collection. Hey, they're great people, but I was nearly through Super Metroid for the whatever-eth time and.. yeah. Anyhoo..

As many can attest, naming your favorite games can be difficult, particularly when there are so many variables that make a great game (re-playability, music, nostalgia, etc). So I'll just say that, yes, I love all the games that 90% of collectors love. The Zeldas, the Castlevanias, the Marios, all go without saying... even though I just said it. Some of my favorites growing up were The Guardian Legend, Jaws, Pilot Wings, Pitfall, Final Fantasy II (IV), Rampage, Wolf 3d, Marble Madness, Paperboy, California Games, NBA Jam, Goldeneye, RBI Baseball, is anyone still reading this? This is impossible.

The systems for which I currently collect are:

Atari 2600, 7800
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System (why am I typing these out?)
    Nintendo 64
    Tiger Hand-helds
    Xbox 180
    Xbox 360

In the real world, I am a Professional Musician. A multi-instrumentalist, but predominantly a drummer. I actually have a youtube channel which features some "drumming to video games" typed media. http://www.youtube.com/caffeineadvocate if you're at all interested. I play gigs, teach lessons, teach drumlines, compose, and such. I wear a lot of hats--none of which pay enough for a sealed copy of Bubble Bath Babes, but hey.. what can you do?

I suppose I've always been a collector. Much of my collection are my childhood games. I didn't take it seriously until about 2005-2006, just after moving to Boston (having recycled about 15 years of GamePro Magazine a month before *face palm*). I started on eBay, wised up and switched to thrift stores, and continue to beg friends to raid their parent's basements for their old stuff. You all, I'm sure, know how it goes.

I'm here to be around like-minded individuals, share my excitement on any recent 'scores' (SNES Shadowrun CIB for 2 bucks!), and get some tips from those more experienced.

Sorry for the autobiography. I'm drunk. Bye!

http://www.youtube.com/caffeineadvocate for video game music.. amongst other things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Raekwonthechef6

- Who you are
    I am Adrian A.K.A. Raekwon and I'm 24.

- Where you live
    Tampa,Florida

I've seen the the website and the forums mentioned many times on the Retro games thread in the Games subforum on somethingawful.com and figured I should join these forums.

RPG's, SHMUPS, and Fighting games are my favorite genre's but I play anything thats fun.

I've just started collecting games and systems again, so right now I'm focusing on getting SNES/Super Famicom games and NES/famicom games right now, but I am planning on getting a Genesis/Mega Drive, Turbografx/PC engine, and would love to get a Neo Geo AES or a MVS. Also collect games for Dreamcast, Saturn, and PS1/2.

I am a student right now studying for my journalism/english degree's.

Ive been a gamer since the age of three when my older cousin gave me his Atari 7800 and a bunch of games, and then a year later he gave me his NES and thats when my love for videogames began.

If you would like to chat about older games just hit me up on either facebook or AIM!