Page 127 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Who you are

My name is Clint and I'm 30.

Where you live

Utah

How you found the forums

I was searching Google for a retro video game forum. This was the best one on the first page.

What your favorite games are

That's a hard question. I'm the kind of person that hates top ten lists. I don't mind if other people want to make them, don't ask me too. I like far too many game to play favorites. I like most all games. My least favorite genres are RPGs and sports games.

What systems you collect for

Currently I collect for:

NES
    SNES
    N64
    CameCube
    Wii
    Jaguar
    Genesis
    32X
    Dreamcast
    Game Gear
    Playstation 1
    Playstation 2
    X-Box
    X-box 360
    PC

Systems I'm contemplating buying:

Saturn
    Sega CD
    Atari 7800
    Playstation 3

What you do in "real life"

I'm a field engineer for Hewlett Packard. I go around and fix desktops, laptops, servers, and printers for business customers. I also run my own business doing the same for consumers.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I began collecting the Christmas I got my first game system. A Genesis model 1 which I still have and play.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Twin Paradox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Twin Paradox

Who you are

My name is Baker McCutcheon and I am 25 years old.

Where you live

I live in Hampton, Virgina with my Fiance Carolyn

How you found the forums

I found these forums while searching for a complete list of US SNES games

What your favorite games are

Man . . . That is a difficult question to answer. I tend to prefer games from the 8-bit or 16-bit era, but I can appreciate any game if it has some merit. As far as genres go, I tend to prefer thought provoking games such as puzzle, fighting and rpg games, but at the same time I can't turn down a well made platformer.

What systems you collect for

I currently own and collect for:

32X
    Dreamcast
    Game Boy
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Cube
    Game Gear
    Genesis
    Jaguar
    Neo Geo
    NES
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo DS
    Playstation
    Playstation 2
    PSP
    Saturn
    Sega CD
    SNES/Super Famicom
    TurboGrafx
    Wii
    Xbox
    Xbox 360

What you do in "real life"

In real life, I am an 8th grade geometry teacher.

Any other interesting facts

I am a multi-instrumentalist who enjoys covering video game music. I have recording numerous songs from the 8-bit and 16-bit era and I am currently seeking some other dedicated and talented musicians who would like to play some live shows. I plan on reposting all of my music online after I finish tweaking some of the recordings. I will certainly try to let the great people on this forum know when I post it so I can get some feedback.

On another note, I just bought my 700th SNES game, which means that I only need 20 more games and I will own the entire US SNES library! I already have the majority of the rare games, so I plan on completing my SNES collection within a few months.

Sorry this post wasn't very entertaining, lol. . .
    It's official, my snes cart only collection is complete! The collection includes both competition carts, ISS, ISSD, EMBR/SR and Super Noah's Ark 3D.

Please check out my video game cover music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

- Who you are
    Hey everyone my name's Brady and I'm a big retro gamer and aspiring writer.

- Where you live
    Ontario Canada

- How you found the forums
    Google! I was looking for another retro gaming community to join.

- What your favorite games are
    Megaman, Street Fighter II, Fallout, Mario, Zelda, etc etc. Also Kaboom on the 2600.

- What systems you collect for
    NES
    SNES
    NDS
    PS2

- What you do in "real life"
    Journalism student

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I'm a senior member of Famicom World and a mod on the coverproject.

Nice to meet everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, I'm a University Associate Professor, living in St.Petersburg, Russia. I have found this forum via Google, while searching for old Artworx poker games for sale. My fav games are Tomb Raider series and also Starcraft & Warcraft classics. And, of course, Blade Runner. Now I'm mostly interested in DOS PC games, however, I have some Sega MD (genesis) and Nintendo cartridges - though I do not have the systems themselves now, since I have bought the cartridge, I think it's quite fair to use PC emulations (which allow to save, BTW =). Hope the 10 days will pass soon enough, and I'll be back with my wish/offer list. I guess, it will be rude to print it now and thus break the rules.

Regards,
    Anton Lebedev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

....damn, it's been awhile. Hi again everyone!!
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheBardsTale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A big "hello", from desolate and snowbound East Tennessee. The name's Chris. I expect that most of my posts will be in the Classic Gaming section of the forums, because all of the systems I own seem to fall under the category of "classic". Mind you, this isn't because of some hardcore retro philosophy, it's simply because I'm too poor to afford anything current-gen. haha.

Anyway, I hope you'll bear with me while I try to decipher the in's and out's of this internet message board business. I look forward to chatting it up with all of you, soon.

Insert Coin (Level 0) FrankGarret316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I've been gaming since 1985, I had the original Japanese Famicom, and pretty much every since since then. I eventually would love to work in the gaming industry. Not too many jobs like that in Columbus Oh though....

In my spare time, I make Youtube video game parody videos, and these days I've been giving a particular focus on retro games. I have nearly 700 subscribers, I would love to have more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone !

I'm Sébastien, I live in Canada, Québec
    I found the forum with my friend Google.
    Hard to say what's my most favorites games but I'll say that Golden Sun, NieR, Metroid Fusion, Zelda games, Chrono Triggers, Kingdom Hearts games, Ninja Gaiden on NES, Mario on NES and SNES ... too much to listed here.
    I collect games that I like and rare games, a treasure hunter !
    In real life, i'm actually a students on school.
    I think that's all and sorry for my poor english, french is my first language, I do my best !

See ya !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shivanhaven
    PSN
    shivan haven

Hello All! Here is my checklist.

- Who you are: Real name is Jamie, but my nickname is Keldon (i've had this for many years and its from Magic the Gathering).

- Where you live: Atlanta, GA but I travel from time to time due to my job.

- How you found the forums: Google. I was looking for printable master game lists and came across this place.

- What your favorite games are: The Zelda series, old school beat em ups, shooters, RPGs, etc... pretty much anything and everything 8/16/32 bit almost by default.

- What systems you collect for: Neo Geo CD, NES (working on a complete collection), SNES, all things Sega, Turbo Grafx 16, to name a few.

- What you do in "real life": Training manager for a company that makes/sells broadband monitoring software.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: Three older brothers passing down older systems is where I got my start. It continued thanks to being in and out of the game industry since 1998. I'll post pics of my game room at a later time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Darrin. Some people call me "Big D".

I live in New York City. Manhattan.

I found the forums through the AVGN.

My favorite games? Currently I'm playing River City Ransom on NES.

I collect the following systems: Atari 2600, NES, N64 (just started), Sega, Intellivision, Game cube... Mainly NES now though.

What do I do for real? Im a manager of a very successful lobster roll restaurant here in the big apple.

Any other interesting facts? Not really. Just a freekin' nerd at heart.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    FiL-UK1

Hey My name is Phil, I collect video game's from the NES to the PS3 and I mostly collect Metal Gear Solid items.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cool_boy_mew's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: cool_boy_mew, but call me CBM or Mew

- Where you live: Canada, Québec

- How you found the forums: I've known about it for a while, I really needed some questions about Terranigma that could only be answered quickly here. People are seems really nice so maybe I'll stay (Is subscribed to too many forums already x_x)

- What your favorite games are: I'm a huge Quintet fanboy, so the Heaven & Earth Trilogy, Treasure games (Especially Mischief Makers), Chrono Trigger and more.

- What systems you collect for: Pretty much anything but older stuff than the Nes

- What you do in "real life": I'm a tech support

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: Well, I've been playing ever since I'm 2 years old, so yeah, the earliest memories I have is me playing the Nes. I began "collecting" when I realized that my collection was pretty awesome already, so instead so playing some games on the emulators, I prefer seeking out the real thing, which "feels" much betetr in my opinion. I'm a collector I'd say but mostly a functional one, I mostly buy stuff I'm planning to play/use

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- I'm DonnyK
    - From San Francisco
    - Found the forums when googling rare Saturn games
    - My biggest software collection is in Dreamcast stuff
    - I still work in software
    - I'm an ex Sega employee cleaning out storage and selling off stuff and ready to share some history with folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Allow me to introduce myself

Alright, I'm gonna try to do this by the book... Ready?

Hello, I'm Nick, a game collector from the greater Washington DC area. I found these forums a bit over a year ago while searching for resources on Turbo Duo repair when I was considering buy a broken unit off somebody on ebay. I flipped through the forums since then. After finding the specific model number for the Sega Saturn (ver.1), laser eye in these forums I decided that it would be a great group of people to join up with and talk about collecting and repairing classic games and consoles.

As for favorite games, I don't have too many specific titles, but there are multiple genres I enjoy playing. I love SHUMPS, FPSs, Platformers, and old-school point and click adventure games. I used to be big into RPGs, but I seem to have gotten passed that. That said, I can give you 5 off the top of my head that I still enjoy playing, but if I went into a detailed list of EVERYTHING I still, and still enjoy playing that's all this post would be.

-Blazing Lazers/Gunhead
    -Day of the Tentacle
    -Sam & Max Hit the Road
    -Under a Killing Moon
    -Virtual On

Bit of an odd-ball list I know, but I didn't own an NES until it was discontinued. For the most part I cut my gaming teeth on the Turbo-Grafx 16, PC, Genesis, and Saturn.

As for systems I collect for, I try and buy whatever looks interesting whenever I can get a decent deal. I'll also go for games I desperately wanted when I was younger, but lacked the means or the hardware to buy and play.

To feed my habit I work as a creative director for a small company in the DC suberbs. I do animation, motion graphics, etc...

I started collecting around Christmas, 1990. We had an Atari 2600 and an Ultra Pong Doubles console leading up to then, and that year my brother sister and I asked for an NES for Christmas. Everyone at school had one and we wanted to be able to play the same games as everyone else. When my parents went to the store to pick up said NES, the saw it running next to Blazing Lazers on the TG-16. They were completely swayed and picked it, and blazing lazers up (I think we got Bonk a short time later). I've sort of had the bug since then, but really got into it when we got our Saturn.

That's about it for me. I can elaborate on any of it if anyone's interested. All I'll say now is that I'm happy to be in such good company .
    Dig it old-school?
    Visit http://www.retronick.com
    or follow me on twitter: @Retron8

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jim, I'm 29, and live in Closter, NJ.

I've known about and read these forums for years but only recently visited the Digital Press Store in Clifton.

Favorite Games? Super Metroid probably - but I'm also a huge PC gamer and the original Alone in the Dark (Not the ridiculous new one), is still exciting to me.

As far as my collection goes, after a period of stockpiling, I tend to keep only the games that have meaning to me. I like fixing old systems and cleaning them up to sell or give away.

Interesting fact? I was diagnosed with leukemia back in 2007 and have been on disability for most of the time since. Video games, especially ones from my youth, have been key in keeping my mind off the more dramatic issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalethomas View Post
    I love Lonely Playstation game
    you're also spam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blodger View Post
    My name is Jim, I'm 29, and live in Closter, NJ.

I've known about and read these forums for years but only recently visited the Digital Press Store in Clifton.

Favorite Games? Super Metroid probably - but I'm also a huge PC gamer and the original Alone in the Dark (Not the ridiculous new one), is still exciting to me.

As far as my collection goes, after a period of stockpiling, I tend to keep only the games that have meaning to me. I like fixing old systems and cleaning them up to sell or give away.

Interesting fact? I was diagnosed with leukemia back in 2007 and have been on disability for most of the time since. Video games, especially ones from my youth, have been key in keeping my mind off the more dramatic issues.
    I've only been to the store once, but yeah, it's pretty awesome.

I'm a fan of the original Alone in the Dark as well. It was a great example that atmosphere was/is more important than graphics. I remember jumping out of my chair more than once playing that game back in the day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are.. I am Marcus Neeley.. aka GumbyNeeley.
    - Where you live... I live in Madison, Wisconsin.
    - How you found the forums... Found it through GameRave.com
    - What your favorite games are.. That's a toughie.. I am pretty fond of Shadowrun.. but
    but also love the Suikoden series for the PS.
    - What systems you collect for.. Up until now it's only been Playstation (1,2,3) but i also
    dabble in genesis and some nintendo stuff here and there.
    - What you do in "real life"... I am a grease monkey in a manufacturing facility
    - Any other interesting facts... I am looking high and low for a mint copy of Ogre Battle
    for the SNES.

Insert Coin (Level 0) starsabre's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just rejoined (I used to be registered here, not sure why my account got deleted).

My name is jt august. Long time readers of the old, now generally forgotten and abandonned newsgroups (usenet) might recognize me as starsabre@ any of the following domains:
    oui.com (1992-2003)
    i1.net (1999-2004)
    worldnet.att.net (2004-2007)
    att.net (2005-present)
    sbcglobal.net (2007-present)

I have been a game fanatic ever since playing a friends Odyssey in 1973. My first home computer encounter was a TRS-80 model I Level I in 1976, two months before commercial release. I joined my first computer club in 1977, a club for high schoolers at a computer store in Clayton, MO (the now defunct Forsythe Computers). My first game console was an Odyssey 2 (for which I now have every US released title), and my first home computer was a TI-99/4a.

I wrote games for the TI-99 and Atari 8-bit in the early 1980's, and made a grand total of $57 in royalties for six titles released.

I currently have a collection of over 180 game machines and computers (including 4 arcade cabinets), including 37 different Pong clones. All told, I have over 3000 games. My "video playground" is a work in progress, still a ways off from completion.

I do have a Wii, I do not have a PS3 or XB360. I rarely buy machines new.

I was recruited to act as the local PR man for the last standalone JagFest, the 2002 edition in St. Louis. I came on board 5 weeks before the show, and scrambled to try and get local players interested in attending. Due primarily to its hard to get to location in Downtown St. Louis, hampered by road closures due to construction all around the hotel, and the fact that the hotel booked was in a part of St. Louis many locals were not comfortable in going into, only 23 locals paid to attend the event, which lost over $2000 in expenses paid to the hotel booked by show organizers. I personally lost over $200 in advertising expenses that could not be recouped. Despite, I still had a blast.

I live in St. Louis, MO. I work as a machinist, and I am married with two kids, both of whom are video game fanatics (my son, very much so).

My current collecting interests are easier summarized by what I don't collect: the C= Vic-20 and anything for the DOS/Windows platform. On the Vic-20, I just don't like that machine. As to DOS/Windows, I saw one of the first 8 IBM PC's produced as part of a tour around the country showing the machines to computer clubs prior to the release date, and was so disappointed with what I saw I never took a liking to the platform.

In addition to my passion for video games, I am a Disney theme parks fanatic and I like to cook "gourmet" food. I regard myself as a "Hobbiest Chef."

I registered for DP early on in its life, and I am guessing that since I didn't use it much, it got deleted in some form of system update or housecleaning. I was a VERY active poster and reader in the old newsgroup rec.games.video.classic, and never was fond of the look and feel of any web based forum. But due primarily to newer users not venturing any more technical than web browsers and e-mail, most old-school internet services (news, ftp, gopher, finger) have all but disappeared. I have decided I need to have some interaction somewhere, and since I have good thoughts regarding Digital Press the predate their web based forums, I decided to make this my new forums home.

One last thought on the look and feel of web forums vs. newsgroups. All through the 1980's, I was active on many local BBS systems. Reading newsgroups was very much like a BBS forum, except that the user base was global. No graphics, no avatars, no fonts, no HTML (I still hate how MS brought that on despite established rules against that in the newsgroups). Just simple, fixed width 80 column blocks of text. Even in its earliest forms, web forums had all this other stuff which distracted from the body of the text. Plus, with newsgroups, I could choose my reader of choice (MT Newswatcher for Mac, in my case). In web forums, each site has its own interface, and not all of them are easy to use, none as easy as my newsreader.
    jt august
    starsabre
    >)===----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

- Who you are
    I am a young Swiss gamer who likes to play old and new games.

- Where you live
    I live in Switzerland

- How you found the forums
    I like to read discussions about games and I'have been visiting this site for months without registering myself here but now I have a problem with my Vectrex and couldn't find any help so I hope that anybody can help me here.

- What your favorite games are
    Combat (Atari2600)
    Berzerk (Atari2600)
    Goldeneye (N64)
    Crazy Taxi 2 (Dreamcast)
    Bioshock (PS3)
    GTA IV (PS3)
    I am sure that I have other favorite games but these games are coming to my mind right now.

- What systems you collect for
    Because I am pretty young (19), I don't have that much money but I have many old consoles with a flashcart (Atari2600. NES, SNES, Vectrex). When there is a new game I'd like to play I buy it of course.

- What you do in "real life"
    I am an IT guy and I like to party with my friends who can talk about other things than games and computers.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I just love old videogames and I began to buy old systems a couple of years ago. It is a lot of fun to play old games with friends, for example Combat on an Atari2600. I don't like playing online very much, I am a person who likes to play local multiplayer with friends while drinking beer and having a good time.
    My consoles
    Atari2600, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Vectrex, Xbox, Xbox360