Page 13 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Ed, I'm from Chicago; home of D'ah Bears..Although I perfer
    videogames to sports. I've been in to gaming since the early '80s.
    And I can state this " I never played A game system that I personally
    didn't like at least 1 game for that system". Although I rather new in
    to PCs and games on them. I'm old in to gaming on systems that is...
    Anyone who seen my post WHERE TO FIND would think otherwise.
    For that is me in a nutshell I am curious about everything especially
    where to find things. I have a side interest in Radio...Radio Shows
    such as Jack Benny and The Shadow. I consider myself a pack rat
    anyone who seen my closet would agree with me for I have gaming stuff
    from way back...from when I started gaming....I never throw anything
    out, and over the years I found plunty I took home including a
    Radio Shack Color Computer and it's 2 joysticks also my 2 SMS
    and a few games.

I am will to help those who need help, so please feel free to contact me.
    Maybe I pass along a story or 2 I collected over the years from my dealings
    with Atari and Midway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    pnkfloyd71

How's it going everyone? My name is chris (lucifersam1 -- I'm HUGE Pink Floyd & Roger Waters fan), I am 25 years old and live in Massachusetts, in the Worcester area. I stumbled upon this site when I was doing a search for "massachusetts classic gaming". I found a site hosted here in Massachusetts called "New England Classic Gaming Headquarters," that made reference to "The Digital Press Guide." Naturally, I had to find out what it was all about :-). So here I am.

Here are the less boring details! The first systems I played were the Intellevision (which I found in perfect condition just the other day, along with 15 complete games!) and the Atari 2600 (the good old days of River Raid and Joust), of which I still have about 10 games (although the system smells horrible when i turn it on!).

Systems I own now include: Intellevision, NES (well my brother has it actually), SNES (w/ the super 8 attachment), Turbo Duo, Sega Genesis + Sega CD (just scored it for free!) and PS2.

My favorite series, hands down, is Castlevania. My favorite system is the SNES. I just can't get enough of it. Thankfully, all of our NES/SNES stuff has all the original boxes and manuals (we did something right when we were kids!).

Anyway, I hope this is not too long. I look forward to joining in on discussions and getting to know everyone.

thanks for your time,

lucifersam1

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello all!

What a great place this is!

My name is Pete. I am almost 30 and have been playing games since my 10th birthday. I got into collecting after getting the urge to relive my youth with a Vic20.

Since then I have collected a lot of bits I never had. I have 3 Vics, 1 Plus/4, 3 C64's, Spectrum 128+2, 3 Atari STs. In the past I never was a console guy, but now I have a few. Master System, 2 Mega Drives, GameGear, N64, Game Cube, and a PS/2. Phew.

Hope to have lots of interesting times remembering old games

Oh, and my GF thought I was mad until she saw some of the pictures on this site.. Thanks guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I'm Mike, 21, from Rochester MI. i just recently started collecting, and stumbled upon these pages while i was looking for checklists of games for various systems. and checklists i found...

i was brought up on the atari 2600 and later got NES for my 7th birthday. i actually sold the NES (BIG REGRET ... looking for toploader now =) ), but now have enough systems to keep me occupied for awhile: Atari 2600, Gameboy (b&w), SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube. My current goal (which i just started, and have a looong way to go on, is to get the complete dreamcast catalogue.

I work at a mall-based record store (FYE), we also carry some games (we've been blowing out some dc games recently for $5-$10, not much left tho), but generally we lack in that dept. I also have 1000+ cds... another addiction of mine.

thanks for reading my BS!

mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Nelson, from Puerto Rico, I am 28 years old, co-founder of one of the very few gaming sites in my area. My pages is www.palanquita.com and mostly we do reviews in spanish for every current platforms. Also we have a section of retro games, very cool page. I collect Oddysey, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, Neo Geo MVS, Turbografx-16, Sega CD, Saturn, PS1 (mostly the big boxes), Dreamcast,Gameboy and Gameboy Advance. I have a PS2 and X-Box too.

While analyzing my list of Sega CD games I realized that in the complete list of Dreamcast games there is one game missing, or I guess that is missing: I have a Sega Classics 4-in-1 that includes a Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective game with it that do not appear in the complete DC game list. If anyone knows about this please let me know.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me!

I'm Ste (yeah it's hard to get used to, I'm the kid of some hippy Swiss-German post-war immigrants (my parents were barely 5 when they came over, but they were instructed in all manners of the culture...but I digress) it's pronounced SH-tay - like Stay but with a SH- first). I'm have XY chromosomes.

I currently live in Ottawa - the scenic capital of Canada.
    I began collecting fairly recently. I was a late-bloomer as is were. I started playing on an APF-401A pong unit in the early 80s. My brother and I kept taking it apart and staring at the parts in amazement - there's not much in there by today's (or then's) standards. We destroyed a few units - but they were failry easy to come across - being produced in 1976 - the year I was born - and Saskatchewan being a pretty boring province to live in, especially if you lived in the rural areas - it seemed every yard sale had one for sale.

Fast forward a few years, and we were playing on our TSR-80 portable. That thing weighed a ton! But it was fun. We didn't have any games for it, so we programmed our own from a BASIC book we found. It wasn't much, but we had lots of fun.

We lived vicariously through our friends machines - the C64, Apple IIE, etc. Finally we joined the rest of the "world" and got a Tandy 1000EX. It played lots of Games in 16 startling colours, whith only 256KB. During this time, we never heard of consoles for some reason.

Oh, I remember why - we lived in a small village in rural Quebec by this time, and had no Television stations - receptions was horrible. One day I got a job babysitting some brats (they were!) and they had an NES. Love!

A while later, I moved to Quebec City and Radio Shack was having a sale on TG-16s. I lost in my various travels and it remains in myt heart forever.

Then I moved a fewmore times and finally settled here in Ottawa - I got a job working in records at the Registrar's Office at the local college, and I decided I needed a hobby. I started to look for one.

One day mom visited and dropped of a box she had found. PONG! It was in the box.. YEAH MOM!

The memories came back. I started talking about systems of yesteryear and a friend volunteered his old C64 games to me, though he no longer had a C64 to play them on. I accepted. One month later I found a C64! FATE!

Another trip led me to some vic20 cartridges. I said what the hell - one week later I found a complete system....

Well before I bore anyone else todeath with my sotry - I now own quite a few consoles and computer systems from the early 80s to the late 90's.

Then one day I was zooming around the net - a few weeks ago actually, and some how I ended up here and decided to make it home. I bought the book and started highlighting like crazy.

That's me in a nut-shell!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

Hi, my name is RubbarDucklin. I currently reside in San Diego, california. I was introdced to the forums by someone I ran across on IRC Sothy. I am pretty new at this collecting deal so I am looking foreward to reading up on as much as I can. My gaming expirence is fairly recent because of my young age. My first system I played on was the NES. NES still facinates me and I hope to find one that I can purchace (my old one was taken away ) When I moved to California I found my grandparents had a Atari 5200. That is alot of fun and I have about 15 games for it. Along with some consoles such as PS2, SNES, SEGA Gen. and N64 I also spend alot of time on my good old computer. I hope to learn alot here, meet some pals and eventually get into the collecting buissness.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,

my name is Matt and i live in Illinois near ST. Louis MO (anyone in this area contact me for some video game shopping/playing/trading, horror movie watching, or punk rock listening). I have a lovely girlfriend, Rachel whom i have brainwashed into enjoying games (baldurs gate and 2D fighters mainly). I work at a videogame/cd/dvd store and thats where i get most of my new stuff. I collect mainly for PSX and DC however i also have many games from NES, SNES, Gen, PS2, NGPC, GC, and a few from XBOX, N64, GBA, Atari 2600 and coleco. I will play any shooter, 2D fighter, or co-op game at least twice.
    Eyes - Pete and Pete, Bullet Ballet
    Ears - Exploding Hearts , Tattle Tales
    Hands - Neutopia II, NBA Live 05

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default re

Heya all.

My name is Adam Gallant, I work at a video game store and I'm new on the actual 'collector' side of gaming, but have been gaming since age 4 when my mom bought me an old Atari 2600 to play around with. I wish I still had it

I currently have the systems in my signature, favorite games would probably be Final Fantasy I, Metroid, Zelda, FF 3/6, Stampede, Video Pinball, I*Robot (which I noticed the site covered in one of their past magazines, good show!) and anything King of Fighter related. Even 95. Really. *cough* Oh yeah, Phantasy Star IV, but I've yet to really get down and play the other three before it.

Um, so yeah. That's about it.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default re

Shai, you lucky skunk... I got my fiancee to love RPGs, but that's about it. I'd love to get her into King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear but no luck. Damn!
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Scott; I live in San Jose, Ca. I am 30 years old, and married. I started collecting about 5 - 6 years ago. When I was growing up, My parents made sure to keep my brother and I entertained by buying us an atari 2600. Ofcourse we played it so much, it broke and we had to buy a replacement. I don’t remember playing it much, but I am sure we did. We upgraded to a Commodore Vic 20, with the tape drive and such. I spent hours on hours on that thing. Now I wish I still had my original equipment)

Then instead of moving to the consoles gaming, I gained interest personal computer gaming. My parents bought me an Atari 520 st for my 7th grade Christmas present. I really wanted the apple 2e at the time, cause that’s what the schools had (what early brain washing apple was doing) I had an Atari shop down the street from me where they would let you try before you buy. I spent HOURS there, "trying" all the games.

After that I was just heaving in to PC gaming after we upgraded to an IBM PS2, then to a 486, then the rest is history.

In middle of those years, I never owned a nintendo, but I love playing my friends. And I did not get another console game until I think I was 15 or 16 when I got a sega genesis. (Which I still have). I got really heaving into street fighter 2 arcade version and spent all my time at 7-11s and arcades doing the street fighter craze at the time. So Street fighter 2 came out on the super nintendo, I HAD to buy a SNES just for that game. Then other of the "newer consoles" slowly ended up in my home.

One day at work, We were talking about old games and such, and that gave me the "bug" to look for an old Atari pong system. (pre-ebay) I had no idea where to find one. So I put an ad in the paper saying "will buy old pong systems 20$" that same run of the paper someone was selling one for 50$ and I did not know he was selling one. But he called me up saying he had one. I drove to the guy’s house and he plugged it in, and everything worked. I was about to give 20$ and he said, "my ad I wanted 50$" between my wife and I, we only had about 37$. So I offered it to him, and he excepted.

So from there, I started looking for systems at Flee markets, garage sales, and thrift stores.... and ebay. I don't know how many systems I have, but I know I am still missing allot of systems. If I see something in the wild, and I don’t have it. I will pick it up (console wise). Carts are a different story; I will pick them up if they are cheap and or fun or rare. I have a fairly large collection in my opinion, but not as big as most people out there.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. Sorry for the grammar and spelling errors and the lack of flowing thought.

Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default one sqaure watermelon, please

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are -Sharen
    - Where you live - Palatine, IL
    - How you found the forums - chunky told me
    - What your favorite games are - ddr, kingdom hearts, guitaroo man, harvest moon, vib ribbon, drum expert (don't remember the actual japanese name)..
    - What systems you collect for - all the games i've bought lately are for the japanese ps2...
    - What you do in "real life" - q/a software tester at SBC
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc....umm, i'm crazy about anything japanese...i've been playing video games since my older brother got an atari 2600 wayyyy back in the 80's...if you want to know anything else just ask.
    Part of the #vbender crew

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Wow, after nearly 150 posts, I realized that I haven't done this yet....

Hi,
    My name is Matt, a 22-year old gamer in Toledo,OH. I own about 3,000 games (haven't counted in awhile though). I'm more or less a Neo-classic gamer, but do have a 7800 and Intellivision hooked up. My game room is a massive basement area and you can check out the pics here on the site. My parents actually found the site and ordered the 6th iteration of the guide for Christmas one year. I felt compelled to contribute, and I do, nearly daily now. I've written a whole lotta reviews for the site and love to do it. Outside of gaming, I'm a huge Godzilla fan and love basketball. I work at Toys R Us currently, but hope for something better (I.e, writing for a mag/paper). I also own nearly 15 animals of various species and find it quite an intriguing hobby. I'm always willing to talk about any of my interests so drop me a line if your bored.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro: Wily

Hi you crazy collectors ^_^

My nameīs Daniel, Iīm from Germany and 25 years old. Formerly I only took a look at the game rooms, and now I decided to register myself on this board. I started in 1984 with video-gaming. I played Pitfall on my big brothers Atari when he was off ^_^

My first own computer was a C64 (1987) and my first own console a NES (1989).

I collected since 1997 all I could get, but now I calmed down a bit, sold much of my collection, coz it didnīt fit in three rooms then. Now it easily fits in two rooms and I just kept the items I really wanna play with - I realized itīs better by now... but thatīs just me - I stay in business. Greets to you all!
    Hurry up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I finally edited my intro after over 5 years! My name is John Hancock(yeah really!) and I am 32 years old. I now curretnly live in Washington after living in California 25 years. I am currently married and have a son on the way. I started collecting about 15 years ago; focusing on NES and Sega Genesis. About 10 years ago I became more serious, and I now own over 120 different systems and 5,600 games. My favorite systems are the Sega Genesis ,Bally Astrocade, and the Turbo Grafx 16. I am only missing a few obscure systems of the last 35 years. I have twelve complete US collections. I am part of the Northwest Classic Game Enthusiasts. I also am a writer and like to publish a quarterly free publication called the Northwest Gamer. I also help out with a Portand retro game show as a NWCGE staff member.
    Last edited by swlovinist; 05-13-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Robert. Iīm 24 years old and live in the Ruhr Valley in Germany. I started collecting 5 or 6 years ago. My first experience came in the form of a pong clone, then it went on with the Atari 2600. Then came the homecomputer time (C-64, Amiga) and i returned to videogaming with the SNES. I currently own 20 different systems and about 220 games. I recently started to focus my collecting on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis), for which I currently own 60 modules, 10 CD and 4 32X games. But at the current tempo of games coming in, I think I might try to go for a complete set (PAL only, of course). I also have a decent DC-collection (with the focus on good games). I also like to collect games, which were only released in Europe (or just Europe and Japan), [so I might one day come to the USA and have you guys selling your kidneys (and souls, mothers, etc.) for my games. ]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: My name is Richard. I was born in 76'.
    -Where do you live: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    - How you found the forums: Can't remember.
    - What your favorite games are: Mike Tysons Punch Out, Rygar(NES),
    - What systems you collect for: Atari 2600, Vectrex, Intellivision, NES, 3DO, Colecovision, Game Gear, Turbo Grafx 16, Game & Watch, Master Sytem, Mega Drive, Mega CD.....................
    - What you do in "real life" : I am a lazy Government Worker
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : I began about 3 years ago when I started playing my old NES again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduction.....

- Who you are Eddie

- Where you live Near Liverpool in the UK

- How you found the forums Erm, who knows? Probably looking for Mega CD reviews

- What your favorite games are Shining Force CD (Mega CD) , The Pandora Directive or Under A Killing Moon (PC)

- What systems you collect for
    Mega Drive, Mega CD and Dreamcast mostly..

- What you do in "real life" Erm, I go to school...

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting Intersting facts are only for interesting people...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is chris or FrankLee whichever you prefer. I found DP when i was looking for a complete list of Sega genesis games. and now i just started collectiong...I own Nintendo, Playstation, Playstation 2 and a sega genesis i only own about 40 or 50 games right now but im looking for some more.
    In "real-life" i go to college for electronics technology in harrisburg PA.
    You suck at life so i win

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nick, here, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm 24, working in software development, and still enjoying the bachelor life.

The first games I remember playing were Buck Rogers on the ADAM and Captain Comic on the PC. My interest in gaming in general didn't really pick up until I got a NES, though.

My favourites have traditionally been RPG's, point-and-click adventures, and sports games. I've enjoyed games of every type, though, except for flight-simulators (probably stemming from my awful experience in merely getting the plane up and flying in Jetfighter).

While I was in university, I pretty much got out of gaming. To make up for that lost time, right now I'm basically collecting whatever I can get my grubby paws on.

The PS1 and DC seem to have the most stuff easily available here, so I've been grabing mostly stuff for those lately. Well, maybe not the DC so much recently, since mine seems to be going through one of its random laser decalibrations.

Other systems that I've got hooked up are the GameCube, NES, SNES and Genesis. Got a GBA for portable fun, and a Lynx that I'm not sure even works since I never got any games for it.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget the Virtual Boy. Best $30 I ever spent.