Page 130 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jackal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JackalSEGA

Name's The Jackal; most call me just "Jackal".

I'm another Sega-16 member who's been let out in the cold due to the recent hacking; mind if I rest here?

I'm a 25 year old lad from the UK, Mega Drive lover at heart, but avid collector of all things retro.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings all
    Name is Chris. Followed the flow of refugees from Sega-16. Inclinded to stick around . I graduated from UW-Whitewater with a degree in music (minor in Philosophy...so I'm qualified to write and critique rock/pop songs ). Anyway, I've been spending my last 10 years combining my love of video games and music, writing music for internet browser games. Due to recent developments I may be on the verge of doing this within the industry proper (wish me luck ).
    As for my collection, while I'm primarily a Sega fan (I love my Genesis/Sega CD/32X stack), my collecting is generally platform agnostic ranging from my 30 year old 2600 to my PS3, and most of the major platform releases inbetween...even PC games

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cornholio857's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cornholio857

Hi guys. Another "Sega-16 Refugee" here. My interests include Sega, Sega Genesis, Sonic the Hedgehog and retro gaming in general. This seems like a pretty cool site, I think I'll have to stick around!

Insert Coin (Level 0) zetastrike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm zetastrike, a Sega-16 member. I hope to make DP a regular stop. I don't usually have a bunch of posts per day. I just mainly post when I see a thread where I feel I can add to the conversation. I'm a lover of all things Sega and classic gaming. I attend college in New York and like to pass my boredom with a round of whatever genesis game I feel like playing or Nazi Zombies.

Insert Coin (Level 0) theredlineboss's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somehow missed this thread when I was first looking at the forums. Like the others above, I generally hang out at Sega-16. Whilst I was trying to figure out what was going on, I found some of the other members were setting up camp over here

At any rate, my name's Robert and although I grew up around kids with game systems (NES, SNES, Genesis), I've only started getting into gaming within the past few years. During my youth, my cousins were rocking their Nintendos and Segas, while I had...an Intellivision. With about 4 games...Yay (though Burger Time rocked ).
    After the Intellivision died, I didn't pick up a controller again until I purchased a broken Xbox 360. Now, I know it is not anywhere near vintage, but it reintroduced me to games again and prepared me for the opportunities that would be presented to during Summer '09.

You see, during the city-wide garage sale week, I decided to see what I could find. I wasn't looking for anything too specific, and I certainly wasn't looking for games. But then I saw it- an ugly, yellowed Super Nintendo in a free box. That changed everything. I took it, a $3 Genesis, and a 50 cent n64 cartridge (Super Smash Bros). By the end of the day, I also had a PS1 and a N64.

I have amassed quite a bit more since then and have most of it hooked up to my humble (if overwhelmed) CRT television. I initially had a fairly small entertainment center, but later upgraded to one with more shelves. This also proved to be insufficient, so I have since added a couple more shelves to make room for a total of 24 devices (a DVD/VHS player, a TIVO, and the rest are game systems).

Most of these are hooked up and ready to go, though I need to get the switchbox situation ironed out, lol.

-Rob
    Last edited by theredlineboss; 04-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Console Collection:
    TeleGames Super Pong, 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Intellivision, ColecoVision, TurboGrafx, 3DO, Master System, Genesis/ CD/ 32x, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, 64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Gear, Lynx, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBM, DS, 3DS, NGP, NGPC, WonderSwan & PSP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi! I'm Gamevet. I've had a link to this site for quite some time, but didn't follow through with registering, until Sega-16 got hacked.

I'm an avid collector of games for all systems, but I have a soft spot for Sega games and systems. I've been playing videogames since the early 70's and have pretty much grown up with the industry.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Joe. I'm a regular over at Sega-16 and Magic Box (forum admin at both, actually) as well as PC Engine FX. This post is just a warning. With my arrival here, the quality of the whole place will probably go down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I'm Joe. I'm a regular over at Sega-16 and Magic Box (forum admin at both, actually) as well as PC Engine FX. This post is just a warning. With my arrival here, the quality of the whole place will probably go down.
    I didn't know you were an admin at Magic Box. I would often look at their top sellers database, but never particapated in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi folks, nice place you got there.

I'm Phantar, Sega-16 staff member and organizer of the biannual German Mega Drive Championships. I've also signed up with these forums after the Sega-16 site went down, though I had been occasionally lurking around these parts before.

Anyways, nice meeting you all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) green.eyes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Susie
    A big SEGA fan (mainly Saturn & Mega Drive/Genesis)
    Mind I also have a few Nintendo consoles
    Missing Sega-16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Membership expired
    PSN
    My PS3 is broken

Thumbs up New round these parts

Hey everyone,
    My name is Garry! I live in Ireland and I'm currently going to college (again), 1 year nearly down already.
    I ended up here after trying to browse the Sega 16 site, so decided to join up.
    I'm mostly a Sega fan, working my way towards a complete pal collection. My first games system was a C64 tho, so I will always have a soft spot for that beautiful beige beast. Though I pretty much have every major system going with a smattering of games for each.
    I also update my blog with random videogame stuff from around my house, when I get time that is. Hopefully when exams are over and the summer kicks in I will post more frequently.
    Glad to be here, hope to run into everyone soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Welcome to all the Sega-16 members. I hope you guys plan on sticking around after Sega-16 goes back online. We could sure use a few more Sega lovers in the house!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cornholio857's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cornholio857

Sure! Why not?

Insert Coin (Level 0) saintlouieb's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put it off and put it off, I think I may be the last from Sega 16 cause I waited so long. Anywho-I have been coming here for years to read the reviews. I am a Genesis lover at heart, but started gaming with the Atari 2600 probably around 2 or 3. It's not hooked up at the moment, but I probably have more games for it than my Sega.

So anyway glad to be here!

"When choosing between two evils, I like to pick the one I've never tried before." -Mae West

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, I've also sloughed off of Sega-16. I'm a Sega fan, of course, but I have about every game system since the Atari 2600. I really enjoy reading game reviews, technical discussions, and researching hacks and fixes for game consoles. I find the retro gaming stuff really enjoyable, overall...

I've read plenty of threads from the site, and I'm glad to finally be a member. Thanks for welcoming us!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me

Hi guys,

I suppose you can call me starvingstudent. Which is a pretty adequate description of myself. I have modest collection of SNES and PS1 games. I suppose I typically just pick up what has been recommended to me by others or what simply seems interesting.

I recently picked up a Magnavox Odyssey 2 from a textbook Hoarder in west Cleveland. It was a neat find. Killer Bees! and K.C.'s Krazy Chase are some fun games. Also in the bundle was "Demon Attack," which turned out to be a pretty rare game, which was nice.

I don't have a lot of space, so what I don't enjoy, I typically sell. Which, in all honesty fits me better, I think. I get to see some neat games and the hobby sort of pays for itself.

Looking forward to posting.

Insert Coin (Level 0) QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel like a happy tourist in Canada. So, welcoming, you guys have been. Thanks for the warm embrance, on behalf of myself and my fellow sega-16 friends. Here's to many years of forum cross-pollination to come.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hugh Mann's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sort of from Sega-16, as I tried to access their reviews section and got redirected here, and I figure now's as good a time as any to join a new forum. I have an NES, N64, and PS2 in a closet somewhere, but hooked up to my TV permanently are my Sega Genesis + CD attachment and SNES. It's all about the 16 bit generation for me, and I enjoy them both equally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW, nice to see some of you fellow Sega-16 forum members join me over at this wonderful place called Digital Press. WELCOME!

It's amazing how many people migrated here.

Hope to see some of you stay even when Sega-16 is back online. There is always room for another forum in your bookmarks.

And yes, more Sega lovers is what this place really needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlackoWeasel
    PSN
    FlackoWeasel

I am Flacko the Weasel. (Sometimes I've been in a forums as Flacko, Flacko the Weasel, FlackoW, Flacko The Nutty Drawing Weasel) My real name is Merlyn Kotljar.

I am female drawing fanatic. I've drawn since 4 years old, ofc those at that age were rubbish, but from 7 years I started to get better. I watched every morning before school cartoons, mostly from Cartoon network or Tv3 or Nickelodeon. I absolutely loved those cartoons like: Cow and Chicken, Rocko's Modern life, Ren and Stimpy, Ghostbusters, Digimon. Then I started to draw things off the TV. When I got the hang of it, then I started to draw on my own. Ofcourse a big help was that Sonic books I made for a hobby. I was a huge Sonic fan back then. Played Sega Genesis all the time and wrote stories off them. Their very silly lol. But I drew on every page some picture and I can see that I got better book by book. Ofcourse nowadays I don't have that inspiration to write, as I have no ideas. I wish I could.

Some of my works you can see here: http://flacko.mikk36.eu/index.php
    This is my portfolio of all drawings I have done for people for free. I havent asked any money from them because I want to be nice and that also helps me to get better in drawing.

My youtube where I show some Flash tuts and my animation tests: http://www.youtube.com/user/FlackoWeasel

And some tutorials where I teach people how to draw: http://flackoweasel.blogspot.com/p/opetusflashid.html

I am also a gamer, I love videogames and it's a great hobby. I'm collecting games and mercandise, my wish is to own all gaming consoles if possible. I also am collecting plushies of my favourite characters.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...9&l=156a8a00e7

Animation is also 1 main thing I enjoy, I don't get tired of it and it's a big influence for me to carry on drawing and learning. Thanks to the Disney and other sweet cartoons I learned to draw and got interested in drawing. That's why I try to collect newest DVDs of animation and try to get every Disney, Pixar,Dreamworks, Blue Sky and so on animations to show my passion and respect and love for them. If people make enjoyable cartoons,I buy them and show to others who need to see them.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...9&l=f5026932e5

My DVD stuff
    Last edited by Flacko; 04-21-2011 at 02:09 AM.