Page 131 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Mr Smith. I am another of the Sega-16 displaced and it was all about the Mega Drive (until I got a PS2 and then real life got in the way) and 2001 a few friends and I started playing Mega Drive tournaments. These competitions continue today and have spread across five different nations and include an annual bout of elite European members coming together to represent their nations in the European Mega Drive Championship. I might well try to plug the contests here to increase the scope of our tournaments Mega Drive Championship Home Page.

Other than that, I am a law student, with an ever expanding ego and am on the prowl for my first person to sue. Who knows, you might be the lucky one!

I love the Pac-Man style things beneath everybody's user name and cannot wait to earn me a cherry, although how I am not sure.

I am uncertain how my post count number is also one being my actual post count. My first post was post '0', second read post '1'. Nevermind.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cornholio857's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cornholio857

Vote for Smith 2012!

Insert Coin (Level 0) synbiosfan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    synbiosfan

Hi guys, synbiosfan aka Jim here. Sega-16 is one of the many forums I belong to but a racketboy thread led me here. I enjoy games on pretty much every system but one look at my collection shows a bias towards Sega.

A look for anyone interested.

http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/w...im/NG%20Stuff/

My favorite collection

http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/w...rn%20NA%20set/
    Diabetes Sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sup guys, my names Andrew and I'm a pretty average videogame collector. I don't mainly collect for any system (though the SNES will always be my favourite), I just buy different consoles and dabble in some of the different games available on there to see what they're like. At the moment my collection stands at; a SNES, an N64, a Dreamcast, a Gameboy Colour, a Gameboy Advance (and the more modern ones) a Gamecube, an Xbox original and a Playstation 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys,

My name is Corey and I am the editor over at the gaming website GameBlurb.net. I recently was informed about the Retrogaming Roundtable and I am really enjoying your discussions. So here is a little about myself. I have been gaming since I was 6 (I am now 31, yack) and have owned many systems throughout my life. I have always been passionate about games and find retro gaming to be the most enjoyable. Which is kind of ironic since I am a 3D artist by training...there is just something about a well drawn sprite based game that will always destroy the likes of Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 in my book.

Consoles Owned: NES, Genesis, Mega CD (import), Super NES, TurboGrafx-16, TurboGrafx-16 CD, Saturn, PlayStation (import), Nintendo 64 (import) Neo Geo, Lynx, Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advanced (with backlight mod), Nintendo DS

Consoles I Still Own: GameCube, Wii, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Virtual Boy, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 3DS, TurboExpress, Xbox, Xbox 360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jay, florida. I found the forums while trying to find out information about the original Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. I want to know what "type" PS2 box this came in. Anybody know? Favorite games: Metal Gear series. REal life? Right now. Unemployed.

I enjoy collecting PS2 games. I've been out of the loop for a good 4 years. I'm back into it all and i'm playing "catch up" starting with ps2 games and moving forward. Its nice because I can get everything discounted and used!

Anyhow, its nice to see some people like me on this forum. If you own the Devil May Cry: Anniversary Collection please let me know!!! I need to complete my collection! I need to know what "type" of box it came with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nickname's Cmo which is derived from my real name. I used to be fairly active on here 7-8 years ago and then got out of collecting and what not. I wish I could remember my original username, but for the life of me cannot. I know this profile was created back in 2007, I just haven't been back into gaming really at all since then, until now anyways. My current girlfriend and at some point wife is way into gaming and dragging me back into it . So I have been showing here the DP greatness and reading all this again is making that collecting feeling spark again. I have missed the community and the feeling when I'm on these boards. We haven't gotten quite back into full scale collecting yet, but I am saving whatever orphans, gaming merchandise, misc items I can from the corporate file at the small video game store I work for.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheRollingStoner's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. My name is Mike, and I'm from Maryland. I found this site years ago; I can't precisely remember how I came to find it, but I didn't register until Sega-16 went down.

I mainly collect and play NES and Genesis games, but I also have an Atari 2600, SNES, Dreamcast and PS2. Some of my favorite games are Mega Man 2, SMB 1-3 & SMBj, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Contra: Hard Corps, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist, Splatterhouse 1-3, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Portal 1 & 2, Counterstrike: Source, The Command & Conquer Series, etc, etc.

I've been playing video games since I was 4 and got an NES. I've established a nice collection since then. I hope to have fun and stay here for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings folks.

Now that I'm done fighting with the registration process, I guess I should post here.

I've been around OverClocked Remix for almost nine years now, Sega-16 for nearly two, and I contribute reviews to the latter. I remix a bit here and there, make animated gifs, and am currently working on a trilogy of novels. I also write original music, short stories, create illustrations, and do various other things. I'm still rocking my 20-plus year old Sega Genesis, and I'm trying to catch up on some the old DOS games I missed out on by not having a PC until 2001.

Aaaaaand... that's about it I guess. See you around the boards.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Glad to be here based in the uk and into dreamcast stuff
    Known about the site for years thought i should finally sign up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the collecting scene. What's always held me back is the fact that a lot of stuff is kinda pricey and I don't have a lot of money to spend on gaming (those pesky student loans keep getting in the way). Recently, I've noticed that prices on old games have been going down, so I figured now would be a good time to jump in after playing mainly on emulators. I have a particular fondness for the pre-NES era as well as the more obscure systems that didn't do too well (like the TurboGrafX 16 or the Virtual Boy). Sadly, it seems that the less well the system did, the more money people charge on Ebay, making it hard on the folks like me who just want to play the games. Oh well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Am Erik, I Enjoy Creating Yahoogroups, Baking, Fishing, Sports, Bowling, Video Games, Tape Trading, And Cars. it's a real pleasure to be here
    Last edited by JeepLibertyVideoGameKing; 04-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Jeep Liberty Video Game King
    Video Games Rock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Hey everyone. My name is Andrew. I collect a variety of systems but as far as playing I like anything Nintendo, Atari 7800, Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo pocket, PS2 and Xbox 360. Besides video games, when I'm not working I like fishing, reading, cars and music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    Greetings folks.

Now that I'm done fighting with the registration process, I guess I should post here.

I've been around OverClocked Remix for almost nine years now, Sega-16 for nearly two, and I contribute reviews to the latter. I remix a bit here and there, make animated gifs, and am currently working on a trilogy of novels. I also write original music, short stories, create illustrations, and do various other things. I'm still rocking my 20-plus year old Sega Genesis, and I'm trying to catch up on some the old DOS games I missed out on by not having a PC until 2001.

Aaaaaand... that's about it I guess. See you around the boards.
    are you The Coop, captain of the Oldschoolers, from shmups?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First post

Hello all! This is my first post, as I am new to the forum. I am a member at AtariAge for a while now. Tonight, I stopped in at the NAVA meet up at digital press and Joe Santulli said I join the forum...so here I am. I am an avid classic gamer and particularly enjoy all that is Atari. I look forward to meeting everyone here!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Maverix
    PSN
    Maverix12

I'm Mike and I'm from NY. I just recently got into collecting games for retro systems and I've been hooked ever since. I found this site through sega-16 and I signed up after that site went down. I'm really into all SEGA consoles, but I have slowly come to enjoy what the NES and SNES have to offer. I am also getting into the import scene for the Genesis, SFC and N64.
    This site is really awesome and I hope everyone enjoys my future contributions to posts and whatnot.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Maverix
    PSN
    Maverix12

Smile

Sorry for double post

Insert Coin (Level 0) HappyGilmore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all. Name's Anthony and from Philly. Grew up in the '80s and '90s, had a lot of the systems around at the times: NES, Game Boy, SNES, Sega, N64, PSX, PS2. Whatever I could afford. For various reasons most of those systems are gone now. Some just stopped working and some got misplaces as I've moved a couple times.

I did fall out of gaming for a bit, and only held onto my PS2 and N64, however recently I've gotten back into it. A friend of mine had an extra NES and let me take it. And I've been playing some emulators online for systems I don't have at the moment but may be grabbing eventually. I was looking up info on another site about unreleased NES games, and it led me to here.
    Bruce Willis is...Dig Dug.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
    Hey all. Name's Anthony and from Philly. Grew up in the '80s and '90s, had a lot of the systems around at the times: NES, Game Boy, SNES, Sega, N64, PSX, PS2. Whatever I could afford. For various reasons most of those systems are gone now. Some just stopped working and some got misplaces as I've moved a couple times.

I did fall out of gaming for a bit, and only held onto my PS2 and N64, however recently I've gotten back into it. A friend of mine had an extra NES and let me take it. And I've been playing some emulators online for systems I don't have at the moment but may be grabbing eventually. I was looking up info on another site about unreleased NES games, and it led me to here.
    i plan to be here for a long time, and i hope for more members for my video game system groups.
    Jeep Liberty Video Game King
    Video Games Rock

Insert Coin (Level 0) darkrpger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    reyvateilaholic

Post Please allow me to introduce myself

Hello!

My name is Kenny (aka darkrpger on the boards) and I'm from south jersey.

Growing up, I played lots of Zaxxon, Donkey Kong, Dragon's Lair, Galaga, Dig-Dug, etc. in the arcades. The 1st console I had that I did any serious playing on was the 2600. I played from then right up until around the arrival of the NES & Super Mario Bros.
    At that point in my life, bad decisions,, unsavory friends, a bad sense of priorities & what was really important, and a mis-spent youth drew me away from gaming.

Never being the quickest when it came to learning from my own mistakes, by the time I re-introduced myself to gaming, it was just about the time the ps2 launched.

Anyhow, from then until just recently, I pretty much was just playing/collecting games for my own personal enjoyment & pleasure. I'm a big RPG & SRPG addict.
    The only consoles that I own & am familiar with are the ps1, ps2, & ps3.

A couple of years ago, after a botched surgery repairing a blood-clot in my left arm, I lost my left hand & wrist to an amputation.
    Now, having only 1 hand to play with - I'm pretty much restricted to RPG's & SRPG's...good thing that they're my favorites.

Getting bored and having too much time on my...umm...hand - I decided to give more serious collecting & buying, selling, and trading games on-line, and some 'investment' gaming a try. I've yet to sell anything on-line, but I've spent the last few weeks putting together a rather decent (imho) inventory to start with.
    I actually came across this site as I was ordering the Advanced collection book.
    Since it's what I know, for now at least, I'm strictly interested in dealing w/ ps1, ps2, & ps3 games.
    I recently stumbled upon a store that still has a good amount of decent ps1 games for sale that are still new/sealed. Slowly but surely, I've been buying him out

I'm sure that I'll be coming around a lot for help, tips, questions, and info-so I'll thank you in advance for any help.

I would also appreciate any help, tips, suggestions, and ideas from some of you more experienced sellers, traders, and collectors to someone pretty much just starting out in it.

Thanks-
    Last edited by darkrpger; 05-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Now playing: Disgaea 4 (PS3), 9,9,9 (DS), Persona (PSP)

A lot of truth is said in jest