Page 134 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.
    My name's Cass, and I'm from Charlotte, NC! Well, Greensboro to be precise, but I'm living in Charlotte now to finish college.
    I found the forums a year or so back looking up information on NES/ SNES clones. Been just a lurker up to now.
    My tastes have never been too crazy. Basically, if it's Nintendo, I'm probably into it. Though my favorite series are probably Legend of Zelda and Mother/ Earthbound.
    I don't really collect for any other reason than to play. I'm mostly making up for lost time. I didn't get an NES until right before the Nintendo 64 was released, and never had a Super NES. After the 64, I owned most every major system, though I believe I've established myself as more of a Sony and Nintendo fan. In any case, so I started collecting NES & Super NES games when I was in 11th grade, and have been doing so since. Bit too elaborate eh?
    In any case, right now I'm just a political science/ English student and cashier at a local record store.
    I began collecting when I inherited my cousin's NES/ SNES/ Genesis collection, along with his respective consoles.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by SONY View Post
    Does anyone ever greet new-comers around here?

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay to binici and Retro_gamer36.
    Everyone is sort of "automatically welcome". You should have received a warm greeting from our welcoming robot as well. Hmm... now that I say that out LOUD...

Seriously though. These all get READ. And this is absolutely the best way for new people to get started because it provides an immediate reference for everyone to your future posts.

Game ONwards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I´m Cozumel, a videogame collector from Spain.

I´ve found the forum thanks to the web "Room of Doom", in which I´ve published my collection.

My favourite systems are Master System and games for PC in 5,25 disks, but i like to collect everything about videogames.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face

Hi guys, my name is Helms and I'm currently a 3rd year business student in RMIT. Currently living in Melbourne Australia but I'm from Singapore.

Found the forums by accident really and really digging the retro colour scheme it has.

Favourite games:
    Too many to list all but I'll just mention the ones off the top of my head
    dragon force
    shinning force 3
    panzer dragoon saga
    final fantasy legend 3
    metal gear solid 4
    resident evil 1 remake
    resident evil 4
    arc the lad collection
    red alarm
    rpg maker
    marvel vs capcom

Systems I collect for (retro):
    gameboy
    ps1
    ps2
    xbox
    gamecube
    virtual boy
    sega saturn

I seriously began collecting after a drought of items to buy for movie collectibles (my main hobby). Was bored one day, dusted off my gameboy and felt really nostalgic and the rest is history. That was about 7 months ago.

Posted pics of my collection here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155056

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everybody.

- I live in the USA.

- I used to browse the forums pretty regularly back in the day, but haven't really visited much (at all?) in the past 5+ or so years. I don't believe I ever posted too much at all, to be honest. I think the email I probably signed up with back then is now so flooded with spam that it is most likely bordering on unusable. So... Hopefully I will be a better user now!

- Favorite game is Super Mario Bros. 3.

- I collect for arcade, Famicom, and (going to be collecting) GameBoy. Pretty much Japanese stuff only.

- I've been collecting since maybe middle school/high school or thereabouts. I stopped over the past few years, which is why I stopped visiting here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Suikoman444
    PSN
    Suikoman444

I guess I've never properly introduced myself. I'm Suikoman444 and I'm 21 studying Actuarial Science in Columbus, Ohio.
    I collect RPGs, it is my favorite genre and what I play the most. My first RPGs were things like Super Mario RPG, Pokemon Red, and Dragon Warrior Monsters. My most prized possession is Suikoden II, but not for it's monetary value. It is my favorite game of all time.
    My long term goal is to collect every console RPG, and I feel like I've made some good progress as I have some of the heavy wallet hitters and have only been seriously collecting for a couple years.

I found this site through Google, looking for a good video gaming forum. Looking forward to being here for a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live
    Rhode Island

The legendary Bio ape thread

I love shmups and fighters right now the 2011 Mortal Kombat is my fave.

Dreamcast

I have a show where I play retro and current games and be a sarcastic ass about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shoboni

Hi guys, I'm actually a member of RF generation, and I've been using this site for a while to look things up, I just found the forums a few minutes ago while googling something.

Off the top of my head the game series I've playing through the most games of and enjoyed are:

Metal Gear Solid(MGS: The Twin Snakes, MGS2, MGS3).
    Devil May Cry(DMC 1, DMC 3, DMC 4)
    Hitman(Blood Money, Contracts)
    Blood(Shareware of the first game, Blood II/Nightmare Levels)
    Assassin's Creed(ACI, ACII)
    Resident Evil(RE4, RE5, RE: Dead Aim)
    CSI(CSI: Crime Scene Ivestigation, Dark Motives, Hard Evidence)

Some of the one off modern games I can think of are Ghostbusters(360), Eat Lead, Fallout 3, and X-men Origins: Wolverine

As for retro games I haven't played many recently aside from beat em' ups on MAME do to only getting a game room to have it all out of storage recently, but I remember a few game from when I was a kid(I haven't played all the way through them, I wasn't that great at games as a kid)

LoZ: A Link to the Past(SNES)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors(Genesis)
    Comix Zone(PC, Sega Smash Pack)
    Shining Force(PC, Sega Smash Pack)
    Streets of Rage(Genesis)
    Pokemon Blue(Gameboy)
    Pokemon Crystal(GBC)
    Earthworm Jim(SNES)
    Animaniacs(Genesis)
    Tiny Toon Adventures(SNES)
    Mega Man X(SNES)
    Super Mario World(SNES)

I'm also a Sonic fan, but more of the cartoons and the character's then the games(there still fun though)

I guess I do have some interesting facts about myself. I live in Iowa, and sometimes I do have a bit of "redneck" side(most notable in my taste in music, movies, clothes, ect)
    I'm the only 18(almost 19) year old I know that likes country music, or has lot of my taste in music for that matter, my Last.FM

Do to buying a lot of used video tapes, I remember alot of cartoons and movies from the 80s.

Oh, I almost the about how I got starting collecting. I started gaming on Sega Genesis, and Atari 7800 as a kid, then my sister game me her SNES later.
    The first time I had a recent system was when I got a PS2 when I was around 12

My biggest collection is my PS2 Collect(over 300 games) but I also collect Sega Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, GC, Xbox/360, Gameboy/GBC and a few others, you can see my full collection here:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...action=profile

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all. Someone who knows my tastes recommended I visit here, so here I am. I'm a mad keen collector of retro games, and although my collection is in its infancy, I still have around 19 or so consoles, lots of handhelds, games etc. I'm loving it.

It's a crazy ride down memory lane, tangled in controller cords and weighed down by Neo Geo AES carts. Some people have a Gameboy here, a couple of NES carts there. Me, I won't be content until I'm buried under the weight of circa 1990's and older PCBs and semi-working Commodore 64 paddles.

Yeah, that's just how I roll.

You can check my full collection out here - http://mygurumeditation.wordpress.co...ictures-again/

But it's growing all the time. Like a living being.... that's almost creepy, isn't it? Anyway, I'm a huge fan of fighting games, particularly older versions of the Street Fighter / Mortal Kombat franchise, and of course that's why I own a Neo Geo AES . I'm also dead keen on anything Amiga because I grew up suckling on what I still consider to be the greatest computer ever made, the A500 (then A2000HD with it's deadly 52MB hard drive).

Looking forward to being a part of this little slice o' the web.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Retro Musings @ http://mygurumeditation.wordpress.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. I just recently rediscovered NES, nostalgia of my childhood brought me back around to it. I've owned atari, NES, sega, N64, and a Dream Cast. Nothing after those however. I prefer the NES most of all and it is the only system I currently own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't been here for 2 and a half months. The place looks good...and confusing, though I'll always be in favour of meseta as currency. I recall there were some good people here (no, I wasn't one of them); now if I can only recall which they were. Anyway, good to be back, welcome or not.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Jeff Spega's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jeff Spega arrives

Hello DPers,

My name is Jeff Spega. I am here to meet other classic gamers.

Just kidding. I'm here to promote my new book, Tron and Robotron available at online retailers and classic game stores 11/11/11
    SPEGA!

Tron and Robotron available at online retailers and classic game stores 11/11/11

Insert Coin (Level 0) dchristie74's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default About Me

Dchristie74

Hobbies: Collecting Game Systems

Started by reliving my childhood picking up an Atari 2600 with some games at a flea market turned into a obession of a wall of consoles. As of now we have around 25 systems and growing. Our last find has been a Neo Geo and I have just started posting them up on a wall on facebook as "The Video Game Collector".

We are blest to live a walking distance from the Digital Press Store so getting games for these sytems are easy to come by.

see my collection
    www.thevideogamecollector.weebly.com
    Last edited by dchristie74; 10-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live
    Hello everybody!

- Italy, at the moment.
    - By searching on google.
    - I do not play videogames very much, but I love Splinter Cell and Pokémon. I like Call of Duty and Uncharted too.
    - Game Boy Color - Game Boy Advance - Nintendo DS - Gamecube ( Especially Pokémon Demos/Betas/Not For Resale/Distribution Carts and Gamecube Demo Discs)
    - I start collecting some days ago because I want to get exclusive carts that nobody or almost nobody has.

Insert Coin (Level 0) bigred5687's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bigred5687

Default Sorry for the wait.

I have been here now for about 3 years now and just noticed i have never introduced myself. I am am from Indiana and have been collecting for 6 years. I have over 30 systems. I mostly collect nintendo stuff. I have over 400 snes games and almost 500 nes games. I am only missing 3 virtual boy games (I have jack bros.). I absolutely love this website. It has the best members. The reason I started collecting is because classic games are so much better than the newer stuff

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live

Hello from Australia everyone

I've been collecting video games since the NES days. Unfortunately, my house was robbed and I lost pretty much everything; NES, SNES and a famicom.

Since then, I've focused mainly on sony with a few sega and nintendo games here and there.

My favourite game of all time is Metal gear solid 3, followed very closely by Mass effect 2. Not very retro I know, but if I had to pick a Retro game, it would have to be Terranigma on the Snes

looking foward to meeting everyone

Gideon

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I collect nintendo games. As of this post I have 685 of them. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Happy to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello from Denmark. Found this forum via a link on another forum, to a sales thread with a modded Sega Saturn - because I'm looking to broaden my gaming horizon with some Sega action.

I have mostly been collecting arcade games until now - but have an okay NES and SNES collection from my console only days. Have a handfull of old classic original arcade machines and a couple of JAP candy cabs + ~100 PCBs and ~120 MVS games.

The Saturn games (especially all the JAP ones) seem very interesting, and I've bought about 30 games the last couple of weeks, without having any console to play the games on .

So the first priority for me is to find a region+50/60hz modded Saturn in Europe and an arcade stick (pref. the Hori Saturn one). If anyone has something that could be of interrest, please shoot me a message.

Could be me that is blind but have I overlooked the buy/sell/trade forum, or isn't it open for new users to access?

Enough of me talking, just wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to be a member of this forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brandonsh's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

G'day, people-types. I'm a long-haired idiot from Britain. I've recently acquired a NES modified to play games from all territories, only it has no cables, controllers, or games. If anyone happens to know where I can find some cheaply or has some for sale, please let me know.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hai!!!

HI! im Bryant, im 14. I have a LOT of video games (Atari 2600, NES, N64, GCN, Wii, GBC, GBA(2), GBASP, DSi, 3DS, and a lot of games for all of these ) I LOVE Sonic, and Mario, know everything about them. Im modding my GBC and GBA and my Atari is broke and missing an ac cord, so Im working on it a little. In "real life", i make games in gamemaker, im not that great though, mostly because I never finnish anything...
    i almost never speak in real life, but as you can see, i talk a LOT online.
    Im hoping to get the Nintendo sytems im missing soon, and then get some sega ones. I know L33T and other codes, and im also learning japanese.

Boku wa TAKO da!!!