Page 135 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wow, we sure are getting a lot of international users lately! Welcome to Digital Press, everybody!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'Sup. I'm John and as you might be able to tell from my avatar, I love Mega Man (especially in the face of how badly his own company has been treating him). My user handle is from a relatively obscure (until recently anyway) action-JRPG series that is awesome.

I like toast.

Insert Coin (Level 0) isthatsomike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    isthatsomike
    PSN
    isthatsomike

Default Introductions!

I am Michael Dewey Blankenship of
    Deltona, FL
    I found the forum through a Google search
    I love anything FF, and Elder Scrolls - go Skyrim
    I collect Nintendo, Atari, and I would like to get back into Sega Genesis
    I work in AT&T retail - Mobility, get the sneak peek of emerging devices.
    I have always been a video game collector, I think I was jealous of my cousins who always seemed to have a better collection. Now I kinda over do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

I decided I might as well post an introduction since I've been meaning to be more active on the DP forums for the past year or so. I used to post a bit years and years ago, and I'm very happy to admit that I've grown much more mature since then. Hopefully this introduction can serve as a fresh start!

Anyway, I'm Nick, and I live in north NJ. I've been gaming since I was but a wee lad, and continue today. I've got a soft spot for fighting games good and bad (but not as bad as Shaq Fu), 2D platformers, and games similar to Metal Slug. I love the aesthetic of a lot of consoles probably more than playing games on them. Not to downplay the games, but something about the design of a lot of consoles is incredibly fascinating to me. I've also been working at the Digital Press store for just about 11 months now as well. If you come by early in the week, chances are that I'll be working there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to introduce myself so I'm not that guy "creepin in the back".

First of all, my name is Bill, I'm 26 and live (currently) in Denver. I'm married with a beautiful 1 1/2yr old daughter. I found the forums a long while back, trying to find some resource for putting a price on my old games. I really don't have any favorite game per say, I do enjoy FPS'ers, NBA Jam and the first NFL Blitz. I'm not much of an RPG fan, although I do collect them, I find I don't have the patience for most of them.

I collect for damned near anything, except Game Gear (don't really care), and Nintendo DS. Most of the mainstream stuff anyway, the oddball (Vectrix, ect) I tend to stay away from, because it can become really pricey.

In real life I'm an Assistant Fabrication Manager for a metal shop, basically the shop b!tch and babysitter for 8 grown men. I do everything from meanial tasks to cutting with plasma torches (yes they are a real thing), welding, and driving a semi tractor.

I began collecting because my wife was unemployed and pregnant, and I needed some extra money. So I started selling some older games that were loose or what have you, and did okay. So then I took it a step further and started flipping things on eBay. Now they have both turned into a horrible disease, I cannot stop collecting and/or flipping and as you can guess, one feeds the fire for the other and vis-versa.

My loves are family, video games and technology, cars in general (concentrations in VWs and Mopar), and firearms (America F--- Yeah!)

I'm good with languages (I'm a native Texan and fluent in English and Spanish, not the other way around) studied German and Japanese, and I'm a closet Anime nerd (used to attend A-Kon and Quakecon regularly)

Anyway, I'm hoping to do alot of trading on the board, as opposed to selling as we mostly know what the games are worth and I have some oddballs, swag, and other memorabilia that needs to find a home.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live: Brooklyn NY
    - How you found the forums: Google!
    - What your favorite games are: Of all time? Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Turtles in time
    - What systems you collect for: NES, SNES
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. :
    Currently running a weekly night in Brooklyn called "Nintendo Wars", where we play NES ans SNES games in a bar for competition and just plain old fun!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone! I've played games my entire life but only started collecting 2 weeks ago. I enjoy going to thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales looking for good finds.

I don't enjoy buying from ebay because it takes away from the hunt (but I have only been collecting for two weeks so that may change eventually.)

I love to collect anything N64/dreamcast or older. In the two weeks since I started I have collected over 300 old games from odyssey 2 to N64 (even some vectrex.

I was inspired to start collecting when I realized I had an unopened, sealed original Duck Hunt and Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.

So far I feel like i have been getting really lucky from finding lots for really cheap at flea markets to finding Earthbound at a thrift store for 4$. If anyone knows any great flea markets/thrift shops in the Northern Virginia/DC Area that I should check out, let me know.

My favorite games are the exploration/adventure types, elder scrolls ect. One of note, for nes, is called Legacy of Wizard. I just love how you can choose from multiple characters and then explore a world with no direction. I know I'll probably never finish it since its so cryptic, but it's still fun and amazing a game like this existed then. (if anyone knows any more like this, let me know)

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Hello all. I'm a mid-30's gamer-geek from the Pacific Northwest. I've been loving video games ever since I got an Atari 2600 in 1980 (Space War!). Now I've been seriously collecting for about 3 years, but dealing for close to 10. I love my old school clunkers, pong machines included. This month, I got my first Wii, so I guess I'm now in the 7th gen, just in time for 8! My favorites to play are SMS, Atari 2600, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. My collection is entirely different, I have some rare dogs that I only dust off every now and again (Have any of you ever played Buster Douglas on the SMS?), and those are my favorites to collect.

I am a father, and a dealer of old rare 'junk', mostly video games. I play guitar, have a medical card (for you know what), and spend the majority of my time looking for rare additions to my collection. A local friend of mine clued me into this forum, and one look at the 'spider-web of wires' quote on the home page, and I signed up. Looking forward to exchanging ideas, info, trading, and just having an army of fellow geeks to show off my toys to. Glad to be here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live
    I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. Born and raised here and fucking love it.

- How you found the forums
    I became interested in collecting older games and found it in a google search pertaining to collecting old NES games.

- What your favorite games are
    This is a tough one for me. I love so many games.. I guess Ocarina of Time, COD 2(I had a wonderful experience with the ASS clan on the 1.0 server so I'm a bit biased towards the game despite the popular preference for COD1), KOTOR, FF Tactics Advance, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night(the gba port), Pokemon(loved most of the games(first of which was Blue version), despite how gimmicky and poorly developed they can be)), and ADOM(Ancient Domains of Mystery).

- What systems you collect for
    I just started collecting, but the systems I'm most interested in collecting for are the Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, and SNES.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Well, I started my gaming career when I got the N64 for Christmas when I was 8 years old(1999). My first game was Donkey Kong 64 and that was followed by Ocarina of Time. After that I received the GameCube as a birthday present(I wanted it because I loved Nintendo and their handhelds), because of the disappointment from lack of decent GC games(except Windwaker and a few others, that game was fun as shit) I became a pc gamer. I've played pc games almost exclusively since I bought KOTOR(bought 2004 or 2005). Love pc games, but recently I've been more interested in enjoying the console classics I missed out on from lack of money and my age.

Something I've realized over the years is that I really really like 2d graphics and I FUCKING HATE when a friend of mine says one of my games has shit graphics JUST FOR BEING 2D!!! Being the big 2d gaming fan I am I've started playing more and more classic NES and SNES games. I only just started collecting when I found this site. I don't have a lot of games yet, but I probably will once I find all the games I'm seriously interested in. I've become a strong believer in the idea graphics come second to gameplay. I've also become disillusioned with modern gaming with the FPS obsession. I love FPS gaming, but I don't want to buy the same fucking game 12 times just with different titles. Recently i have had the pleasure of beating Super Mario and Super Castlevania IV.

Other than games my main interests revolve around history and politics(I'm far-left and I will leave it at that).

Edit: Had a few typos from, uhhhh, drunkenness. Not sure of rules on mention of such.
    Last edited by Tablo; 08-16-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is timothy and i am 16 and i live in regina sk canada and i have an nes sega genesis and a Magnavox Odyssey 2

Insert Coin (Level 0) nemerodius's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, have been a video game fan for many a moon..since 78/79 :
    And the passion hasn't waned one iota. Currently refound my Super Famicom obsession (for the third time in 20 years )...
    All the best, Al.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It is great to see so many "new" collectors joining the forums. Welcome, everybody!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ultima9a

I've visited the RR multiple times and being an old school gaming nerd/collector, I figured I would sign up here and stop being a no good lurker. I'm known as Heretic9 over at Robs Third Moon forum. Pretty pitiful introduction I know. I'm lazy sometimes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,

Been lurking here for a little while and thought i'd join up and introduce myself. I live in Australia and over the last year my girlfriend and I have been going on a bit of a retro gaming spree, snapping up old Gameboy, SNES and Megadrive titles for the most part.

Cheers,
    -A.

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

Hey everyone! When I first joined today I acutally didn't notice this topic as I was still half-asleep.

My name is Aryoshi (you can pronounce are-yoshi or ay-are-yoshi) or better yet, simply Mike. I just turned 21 on the 23rd and that marks my 20th year of gaming, though I don't remember the actual date I did play my first game of course, all I remember is that I played my first at age one xD;

I currently live in Alaska, the worst place you could live right now. I'm very unhappy saying that and, in fact, it's almost an embarassment to say it. Luckily I'll be moving to California hopefully soon, and from there, Florida. I suppose it's a good place up here for visits but whoever wants to live here is out of their goddamn mind. The winters are inhuman too, and no, it doesn't snow year-round :P I do live in an igloo though, I made an outlet out of ice and polar bear fat, and I built my own internet using a radio. Riiiight. Can you believe people have seriously asked me if I do live in an igloo!? And they weren't kidding either.

Digital Press.. I honestly can say I don't remember how I found it, but I know I found it a long time ago. I think I discovered it looking at a "top games" list trying to get some suggestions for a certain console, can't remember. I started exploring the website a little and looked into the interviews which I thought were all purely awesome. Checking all the other stuff out, I was happy with what I saw, but I didn't really look much into the forums. This morning, I looked on Google for a "top 20 Colecovision games" list and one of the first links took me here, so I dove in to take a look and loved what suggestions I saw. I finally decided to join, the community seemed very nice to me and everyone here seems to know their stuff about the retro age of games, I love meeting fellow retro fans.

I have many different favorite games but I suppose I can list off a few! In fact, I'll give my top 15.
    1: Super Mario Bros. 3
    2: Dragon Quest III
    3: Final Fantasy VI
    4: The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
    5: Mega Man 3
    6: Yoshi's Island
    7: Bubble Bobble
    8: Tetris Attack
    9: The Guardian Legend
    10: Star Control 2
    11: Secret of Mana
    12: Castlevania III
    13: The "Strike" series on the Genesis (Jungle/Urban/Desert Strike)
    14: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
    15: Road Rash 3

I tend to focus collecting on the NES and the SNES, but I also pick up an Atari game or two. Sometimes outside of my retro collection I'll pick up a PSX game or a couple of PS2 games and I have quite a collection on my 360, both on disc and downloaded games. I own close to 150 NES games and I have a shoebox full of SNES games. I'm currently especially focusing on collecting every NES and SNES RPG out there, ones outside of America I'm collecting as reproduction carts, currently waiting on Tales of Phantasia. Very hard task considering a lot of SNES RPGs aren't cheap at all, but it'll be worth it in the end I'm sure.

Outside of gaming, I have a fiance who loves her horses just as much as I love my games. We've finally begun taking more of an interest in eachother's passions and started communicating more and more about them. I play the piano, sometimes guitar, often recorder and I sing quite a bit. The recorder I picked up because of Final Fantasy VI actually, I loved the music so much I wanted to learn it, so far so good! I am a Mountain Dew addict to the extreme, I swear that stuff's going to kill me someday. Hey, nothing wrong with dying with a smile on your face, right? I love to cook, moreso for other people than myself, and people seem to love my cooking as well. One of my other greatest passions is writing, I mostly write poetry focused around either psychedelia, Medieval and apocalyptic settings. As for myself, people think of me as a hippy in many ways (probably the hair that goes down to my lower-back, my aviators and tie-dye headband and the music I listen to) but I do admit, a lot of my views and opinions are hippylike. Wouldn't want it any other way! Music is a big part of my life as well, my favorites being Syd Barrett, Tears for Fears, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Cream/Eric Clapton, basically anything from the 60s and the 80s.

The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros., had a great start! I can't remember exactly what inspired me to begin collecting, but it was probably that I loved and still love games so much that I just simply cannot get enough of them, regardless of how many I have that I need to beat. I am NOT a hoarder damn it!! Now, excuse me while I go sleep a little bit. Pleased to meet you all! I'm very happy to be a part of the community.
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too, have been lurking here for a while and decided to sign up.

I live in the southeastern US. I'm 29 so the 16-bit era was my personal wheel house.

I own an Atari 2600, SNES, PS3, PSP and DSlite. My girlfriend has a Wii.

Some of my favorite classic games are:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
    Double Dragon (series)
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Super Castlevania 4
    Sim City (snes version of course!)
    Star Fox

Some modern-era favorites:

TES IV: Oblivion
    Red Dead Redemption
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Assassin's Creed (series)
    Uncharted (series)
    3D Dot Game Heroes

Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!

I'm not exactly new, I have been posting on here with a different user name since earlier this year but for several (non-nefarious) reasons I want to disassociate that name from the forum/business side of gaming.

I'm a longtime Nintendo fan but switched over to the PlayStation side of things after the N64 proved to be a huge disappointment in terms of RPG titles. I'm mainly interested in the NES, SNES, and PlayStation although I'm trying to branch out into the dark side of Sega. If the extent of my gaming knowledge were represented as a map, it would say "here be dragons" all around Sega Land. I will play just about any genre of game as long as it was good for the time and has something new to offer.

I originally found this forum after I saw Gamester81's video of his visit to the Digital Press store on YouTube. I'm from the western third of New York, as you could guess from my user name, and my favorite video game is Final Fantasy VI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live
    Belleville, MI

From the Digital Press site, and that site from the Cinemassacre site. (Long time lurker, new time poster)

Blaster Master, LoZ 1 & 2 for nes, Journey to Silius, etc

starting to recollect NES and Atari games, still have a really old Atari system and going to look for a working NES for the right price when it pops up at a local garage sale or Craigslist. Still have a 3DO in my closet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Where you live

Belleville, MI

From the Digital Press site, which in turn was found by Cinemassacre.com

Both NES zelda games, Blaster Master, Journey to Silius, all the Sega Genesis/Sega CD sonic games, etc.

NES for now, going to keep an eye out for a cheap NES on craigslist or a yard sale in my area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

I was looking for a way to say hello but didn't wanted to force a stupid reply so i thought writing a line or two here would be the best thing to do.

Well, i ended up here because i was bored and searched for "gamestop is evil" and on page 2 i clicked on a link that took me to THIS topic. It seemed to be mostly about retro games and i was feeling "homey" so i decided to stay for now.

I got my first GameBoy when i was about six, still can remember it like yesterday. Last year i decided to rekindle that love and bought a GBA and this year it turned into a collecting-thing, my still small collection is now growing out of it's shoebox and i'm building it a new home, more about this soon i guess. The GB i got when i was 6 still works, even though the display is quite a mess.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 09-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.