Page 139 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

My name is Joseph. I am 21 and I live in Michigan, USA. I am currently in culinary school.

I collect any consoles and games.

My collection consists of Atari 2600, Nes, Snes, N 64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, Xbox 360, Genesis, 32X, Saturn
    Dreamcast, GBA, DS, 3DS, Game Gear, Tiger R-Zone, PSP, and varying numbers of games for these systems.

My favorite Nintendo character is Luigi.

Yay!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heya,

I am Mike and I am 24 living in Michigan. I'm a music major, and i collect video games.

I've got atari 2600, wonderswan, wonderswan color, gameboy, game gear, sega nomad, genesis 1, 2, and 3, nes, snes, n64, gamecube, wii, ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox360, saturn, dreamcast, psp, ds, 3ds, gba, and many others.

my favorite console is the snes, for there are a great many rpgs that i enjoy. one of the my favorites is Treasure of the Rudras

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey fellow gamers and collectors!

My name is John, I'm from Western New York and I'm 27. My first system was an NES on my fourth birthday in 1988, but it wasn't until my dad bought me a Sega Genesis on a whim one day. I want to say I was probably 8? so maybe 92?...either which way, that is when my love affair with gaming arrived. Ever since I have been a die hard Sega collector. I don't just collect Sega, I collect all pre-PS2/XBOX/Gamecube with the exception of the Dreamcast. I am also a pretty big anime fan so I collect lots of figures. Outside of the gaming world...I am self-employed and own a nursery landscaping company, I am a coin collector and re-seller, and my passion is brewing beer, in which I hope to someday open up my own brewery!

Anyone with Sega merchandise, I'm always up to hear what you have for sale or trade since finding stuff in the wild isn't as easy for us as all those Nintendo guys :P

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I'm Markus. I'm 13 and I live in Newfoundland. I collect video games mostly for playing, but I also want to get many different consoles. I think I have a good collection of games for my age. I also have dial-up internet, so I may not post images much.

Digital Press is awesome!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey - just decided to register. I've not really read much here, but when I'm looking for NES/Nintendo Power information, it seems a lot of the results that I end up checking out come from here. Found the console game checklist generator and some great Nintendo Power lists.

I've been rebuilding my NES/Nintendo Power collection as of late. I don't have a ton of games (enough to fit into a bankers box), but I've been working more on the Nintendo Power issues.

Anyway - thought I'd register here and look around a bit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name - Casey
    Age - 26
    Location - California
    Job - photography assistant...type...thing. Technically unemployed...
    Hobbies - Game collecting, playing games, cooking, watching movies with friends, graphic design, being outside.
    How you found the forums - Fellow Mod at /r/gamecollecting
    What your favorite games are - yikes... Tetris, Dr Mario, Braid, Halo, Tennis, the list goes on. Really though, Dr Mario and Tetris are #1
    What systems you collect for - Really I just grab anything that I can for cheep. I like the SNES and NES the most. It really is just whatever I can find though.
    Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - No. I am pretty boring. They typical hang out, cook, and watch movies. I hate parties, they make me feel awkward. I would much rather it be me and a few people I actually like watching movies. I dont drink or smoke. Yadda yadda yadda

Insert Coin (Level 0) drthielegood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    drthielegood

Hi All,

Just found my way to this site. Some may recognize me from Atariage(also drthielegood) or from KLOV(bob5150). I love the classic/retro collecting community and am pretty excited to see what goes on around here. I have been into all of this since my first 2600..I don't know when. I'm now 35 with kids of my own and I love sharing the classics with them. I currently collect arcade machines, 2600 cv, intv, vectrex, nes, snes, Genesis, Dreamcast, ps2, wii and 360. I'm considering Lynx and possibly SMS if I can snag a power base converter. Anyway...looking forward to posting.

Cheers,

Bob

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Hi. My name's Daria... well actually it's Alex but for online purposes Daria suits me fine. Geez writing this feels a little silly. Do these actualy get read? Anyway I've been playing video games since I was 4 years old and I'm an avid collector of all things RPG- well RPG and in english I'm not too fond of playing games that I can't understand. My favorite games/series include Shining Force, Alundra, Lunar, Rhapsody, Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Breath of Fire, Harvest Moon, etc...

I'll play any game for any system, so I'm really unpartial when it comes to "console wars". I'm 20 years old, and female incase it wasn't obvious by now. And I guess that's about it for now. (:
    Haha! I just unearthed this post from page 22.

Update: I am now 28, which means I have been posting on DP for forever and a day. I still collect RPGs for all systems (mostly in English, some exceptions have been made), I now know how to spell the word impartial, I love cats and quiet walks on the beach leave me irritable with ungodly amounts of sand in my suit.

<-- ME!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sharpking89 here at "World Of Nintendo" reporting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone cares here is my intro:

- Who you are: Geoff

- Where you live: Virginia

- How you found the forums: Been reading the forums from Google searches, but never joined until now.

- What your favorite type of games are: RPGs, Strategy, Platformers and anything with FMV.

- What systems you collect for: All Sega except DC, Laseractive, 3DO, PC, Amiga

- What you do in "real life": Math Professor

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I started collecting when I realized I could get games that I never played for dirt cheap at Thrift Stores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Jeff, nice to meet you all, Also known as DigitalxxxFr34k on youtube

- Where you live: Minneapolis Minnesota

- How you found the forums: Searches/youtube pretty much every time i need to know something

- What your favorite games are: thats hard.... Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VI, Atlier Iris, Resident Evil 1, Secret of Mana, Okami, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Onimusha, Fable 1, Star ocean The 2nd Story......

- What systems you collect for: Atari 2600, NES, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Super Famicom, Playstation, N64, Gameboy Color, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy Advanced, DS, PSP, Wii, Xbox360

- What you do in "real life": Im a Cook/ Dishwasher, at a American Legion, i also Build and repair Computers on the side, and Fall of 2013, im going to take some Computer Tech Classes and become microsoft Certified

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: I never Really didnt collect, i always went to thrift stores and 2nd hand places, and if i found something for a decent price that i wanted id pick it up, i didnt so much go out of my way to do so like i do now to look for these gems, but if i was on a mission for something else and i saw it id pick it up, but now its serious for the past 2 years its been that way, i even still have my NES, Gameboy and SNES from when i was a child, and considering i was born in 87, we had a NES in the house already, due to having a older brother it made that possible, he got it Xmas of 86, and then it got passed onto me, xmas of 91 we got the SNES as a combined gift for both my brother and i, then the following year i got a gameboy for xmas, so video games have been in my life since the day i was born. and every day i still learn something, or find a game i didnt know existed, so its still a thrill for me and a sense of enlightenment. besides from video games, i collect other things, like Dragon Statues, unique Swords and Knives, as well as Anime. ill even pick up movies based after animes or video games, even if its crappy, to make it part of my collection if was a series i enjoyed.

sorry about that every one Lengthy i know, but i came here for many reasons, my main one right now is a few questions about Reproduction carts, i ordered a couple, off of Gamereproductions.com, but my question has nothing to do with where i can find these, or how to make em, and id rather post it in the correct area, so could some one point me in the direction, or possibley a person who knows a whole hell of alot thanks guys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Hi! an Argentine collectionist!

My name is Guillermo, im 22 and i live in Buenos Aires Argentina. First of all i want to apologize if there are some mistakes with my writing, english is not my first language. I fully started collecting about a year ago, so im not that advanced in collecting yet, the first thing im collecting are games from my favorites sagas: Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Castlevania (among other things of course). I have some but not much, its harder to find things here, not to mention 5 times more expensive. I'll be posting around, thanks !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone

Im in beautiful smog filled Los Angeles, CA

I found these forums by either doing a google search for SNES repros or for ugc covers.

My favorite games are anything Castlefvania, anything Zelda, anything Ys, lol so i have lots of favorites. #1 game that brings the best memories for me though is Ys III for SNES, love that game soo much

I originally was collecting for Gamecube back in 2006 then stopped for a few years until now. Now i brought out my NES still nice in its original box so going to start collecting for that system too along with Gamecube. I really want to get an SNES and N64 to start collecting for those systems.

Currently i am unemployed so i am not able to enjoy buying games for my collection

So i never intended to start any kind of video game collecting. I started collecting DVD's, especially Anime movies and series. Then i fell in love with the gamecube and decided i was gonna try to get every game i wanted for that system. Never really intended to get back into my NES but playing the emulators now is really no more fun. I had to go back just cause i love seeing that big toaster their with its nice square controller. So now I intend to start collecting all the NES games i want, i currently have about 20 games including some favorites like Zelda 1 and Mike Tysons Punch-Out. Ive been stuck to ebay and craigslist recently trying to find a good deal on an SNES system or N64 system. Already have a few games for each system so now i just need the system to play them.

My PS3, 360, and Wii are starting to feel neglected lol. I dont know why but the simplicity of these old games is just so much more appealing recently. Plus like everyone hear it brings back wonderful memories

1UP Custom rank graphic
    I currently live in Norway, but one day you will see me somewhere else...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

Hello, I'm ChrisGun, nice to meet you all!

Well, i play video games all the time. I like to play both modern games and retro games.
    Consoles i currently own: Nintendo NES, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3.
    Handheld: Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP and Nintendo DS

I'm from Norway, and English is not my first language so i may write something wrong.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I'm from Finland and I'm so damn new here it hurts. I joined this place because I've decided to start collecting retro rpgs for various platforms now that I have given up on fighting games. A pretty brutal decision imo, so we'll see how it goes..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing.....ME!

Hey everyone, my name is Dylan and I'm 19.
    I live in Australia, I found these forums though Google actually, i was looking into the Neo Geo side of things and it popped up in search lol.
    Hmmm.... my favourite games? I have many favourite games across a few systems, just to name a couple, Super Mario Bros, Zombies ate My Neighbors, Battletoads (NES), Super Mario Land (SNES), Comix Zone (Mega Drive) and Kingdom Hearts series (various platforms). My love of video games started when i was little and i first got my top loader nes, I still have that top loader but I've since got other things.

I was never much of a collector until a couple of years ago when i got my hands on a Mega Drive II (I actually had one when i was 7 but traded it and a bunch of games off for a nintendo 64....silly silly silly was I.) The Mega Drive has since become one of my favourite systems.
    The consoles i own and collect for now are:

Master System (not so much)
    Mega Drive
    Nes
    SNES
    Saturn
    Dreamcast
    PS2
    PS3
    Gamecube
    PSP
    3DS
    PC Engine.

I've recently been on the hunt for a Neo Geo AES, i know they can be pretty expensive but I MUST have one, i also wouldnt mind finding a decent atari 2600 at one point as well, not so much a priority :P
    At the moment I'm supposed to be studying for my HSC in real life but It really isn't working out lol. Looking for work at the sametime as well.
    Some other interesting facts about me could be that I really love to write, I used to write alot of fanfiction, I've since moved on to original fiction and I have plans for a children's book.

nice to meet everyone!
    WANTS: Atari 2600/ Playstation Vita

Solitudine Il Cacciatore

Insert Coin (Level 0) Kal Zakath's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi.

I'm not so great with introductions, so I'll use that handy question guideline that's in the first post.

- Who you are
    I'm Chris.

- Where you live
    Tennessee.

- How you found the forums
    I typed 'retro video game forum' into Google, and lo and behold, here I am.

- What your favorite games are
    Dragon Warrior III, Final Fantasy V, Lufia II, Phantasy Star IV... I've honestly yet to play an RPG that I didn't at least like. Even the ones that are widely regarded as terrible.

- What systems you collect for
    NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis, Nintendo 64. At least, so far. I'm looking to expand into more modern areas.

- What you do in "real life"
    I'm an aspiring wildlife biologist/veterinarian/author. Hopefully, I'll actually become all of these things when I finally go back and finish my last couple of years of college. This fall, maybe? Fingers crossed.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Except for a couple of years when I was a small child, I didn't game that much in my youth. I didn't actually take up video gaming as a hobby until I was in my mid-20s, so I lack a lot of the nostalgia that other people have.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

. . .
    Last edited by o.pwuaioc; 08-11-2015 at 01:55 PM.

currently playing: Resident Evil 4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It took me half an hour to register for this forum because I've never played Halo. I like Playstation and love Nintendo (but wish they'd get rid of motion sensor controls and pencils for their handheld systems).
    Anyway, the third answer to join the forum (Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy John-117) should change.
    Guess I'll have to buy an X-box.

How about:

1. Whose the main protagonist of the original Castlevania?

And honestly, isn't Simon Belmont cooler than the dude from Halo? If you gotta use a spaceman for an answer, go with Issac Clarke from Dead Space. He's much more bad-ass.

Nice to be accepted though. Thanks for having me.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Hi

Hello everyone. My name is Jose, I am from Spain, I am 43 years old. I have known about Digital Press for so long that I do not remember when I first heard about it. I have even visited the store a few times, the last time was about four years ago. I remember I bought a brand new Famicom 3D glasses. I have been playing video games since the Atari 2600 age and I have been making a living of it since 1991.
    I do not take part in forums but I like this one and I sometimes feel I can give useful information thats why I have decided to register.
    I personally collect Atari 2600 games.