Page 141 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) ChickenPotPie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello kids, my name is Tyler but I'm better known as TC. I'm just your typical jobless video game nerd. Once upon a time, I had grand ambitions of starting a computer company out of my garage or dorm room but Steve Jobs & Michael Dell had beaten me to it.

These days, I don't do much except play video games and watch TV most of the time. I have an unhealthy obsession with old side scrolling beat-em-up games, especially those made by Capcom. I also like RPGs (not the new Final Fantasies) and RTS games. I don't have a particular favorite game, although Streets of Rage Remake comes really close, if there was some way of porting over to a PS3.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi all.

Hello..

My name is Robert, but you can call me by my username if you like.. 'Random431'.. or just call me Random.
    I like all classic games. I like modern games too, but not as much as the old ones.. and I always find myself going back to the good ol' classics.
    I particularly like playing the hidden gems.. you know? - The old underrated titles that not many people heard of.
    I have a youtube channel, which I might post later. It's mostly of let's plays, which involves me acting like a bit of an idiot.

Well that's it. That's me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I admit I'm a gamer

I admit I'm a gamer, so I came here
    You can indulge in what game

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Robita in Los Angeles

Hey everyone,

I'm 37, and live in LA, CA. I started on an Atari 2600, worked my way up to a Coleco Adam, then went for a Commodore 64. I also had NES, and that was just the 80's. I love vintage games, especialy RPGs like Ultima, or LOTA. I am the producer of a web series called "Deeds Of Yore", It was selected to screen at the LA Web Series Festival 2012 in April. It takes place in a C64 RPG game. Check it out if you like

www.deedsofyore.com

I'm into emmulation, especialy for C64. I think SNES might have been the perfect game system. I'm not too into new games, although I'd like to try Skyrim, because Morrowind was so good.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zionmaster00
    PSN
    nahtaNsreteP-00z

Talking The new guy

Hi everyone, my name is Nathan. I live in upstate New York and I love me some vidya.

I've been a long-time reader here (unregistered), but I thought now was the time to join. I suspect I am younger than a lot of folk around here (19) but I love classic gaming as much as the next person.

My collecting was birthed from a hoarding tendency. I decided I was no longer going to trade in games that I had finished, or even not finished but only needed what they could give me toward a new game. That helped me build a collection of over 100 X360 games. I got into classic gaming just before the opening of a new local game store. I can't claim it to be nostalgia because I never had game consoles when I was young, only a PC. My passion for older games is great though. I now collect for every system I own, which is pretty much all of them.

I have gotten to know the people at my local shop pretty well over the last year, and I plan on taking an internship with them this summer, in addition to my regular job.

And uh, that's me I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, long time lurker here my name is Damien and I live in Canada. I'm a huge fan of all things video game related and love to watch people play games especially speed running them. My favorite thread here is the monthly finds. I kinda collect for the xbox 360, but i only buy games i'd like to play. I have well over 200 now and about 50 i still need to play lol.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Wow I waited 2 months after joining before remembering to post in here :P Well this is who I am:

AN INTRO:
    Hello my name is Anthony Gigliotti (Or Anthony/Antonio/Tony to my friends. Feel free to call me any of those if you want)
    I am 14 years old and have been retro gaming since I was 13. I know I am relatively new to the retro scene but I have surprisingly in depth knowledge of classic games.

MY STORY:
    My retro gaming habits started 1 year ago when I realized how little fun my Xbox was to me. I had remembered playing an N64 at a shore house when I was young, and longed to play Super Mario 64 again. At the time I already owned a Dreamcast (which was my favorite system at the time) and thought that an N64 would be like it and would be a fun little system to put in my room with my new (well new to me) 12" TV my grand-mom had given me for Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised when my brother and 2 sisters chipped in to buy me an N64 for my thirteenth birthday, and I searched the internet to find the most fun games for it and had a blast with it. I was a huge Nintendo fan, so I did a little researching and found out there was a system before the N64 (Oh god, just thinking about how much of a Noob I was back then ). I was happy next Christmas when I got a Super Nintendo with 6 games! After that I did some REAL researching (I'm talking 2 hours a day) untill I knew about virtually every game system and how well it fared. Well here I am now with a Dreamcast, N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, Monochrome Gameboy, Gameboy color Pikachu collectors edition, Super Scope light gun, Zapper light gun, and about 700-800 dollars worth of games and other accessories. I have become a small scale collector in just one year, and I am extremely proud of my accomplishments. I am the envy of the kids at school . So trust me when I say, even though I'm young, I know what I am talking about.

MY FIRST SYSTEM:
    The first system I played was my Dad's Atari 2600 (I am still pissed at him for selling it!)

MY FAVORITE SYSTEM:
    My favorite system is either my SNES or Genesis (16-Bit FOR THE WIN!)

MY OCCUPATION:
    I am still a student. I also create my own games using Game Maker 8 and my own music using FL Studio and my Guitar, Drums, Keyboard, and voice.

MY FAVORITE GAMES:
    Most of my favorites are 2 player games and Nintendo, Sega, Atari etc. games. The list is WAY too long. I have pretty much stopped caring about Modern Games and I have devoted myself to classic gaming.

AN EXIT:
    Well that is a little about myself. Please do not underestimate me just because I am young! I am ready to share my knowledge as I have researched almost every system out there. Do not hesitate to make a sale with me either, I may be young but I know how to handle sales and I do have a PayPal and an eBay account. I AM THE YOUNG GENERATION, AND I AM STILL INTERESTED IN RETRO GAMES!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey all.

Hello.
    I'm a gamer thru and thru.

Retro is more my thing growing up mostly with NES,SNES but I'd really like to get to know the older stuff more, Atari, Amiga etc.

Hope to get involved here.

Cheers, DABYX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

/////
    Last edited by RulerStabInTheEye27; 11-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction.

Hello all.

My name is Jody Baxmeyer and I live 18km outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Both of my parents who resided in Alberta have recently passed away. While going through the process of cataloguing their possessions my brother and me came across dad's old PC game collection.

We are in a bit of a bind financially and have to find items to sell in order to pay back the money we had to borrow for funerals and for the continuing effort of fixing their home in order to have it presentable for sale....this is important as their debts can only be paid back by selling it.

I am a member on Reddit.com and it was there in discussions with others that I was prompted to come here as a potential place where these games could get exposure and hopefully sold.

I hope I haven't come across mercenary, I haven't a lot of options or time for that matter. I am willing to answer any questions anyone may have of me and appreciate anyone reading.

I'll follow this with the catalogue of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    stopXwhispering

Default This is me:

Hi everyone,
    I'm Heidi and I'm from Sweden. I found this forum through a friend commenting on my blog and recommending this site.

Favorite games.. I can't really choose just one, or two.. or 5.. there's too many! I can say what I've been collecting the most, which is NES and Sega Mega Drive and Virtual Boy. Virtual Boy because it was never released here in Europe and I found it intriguing and then it just became an obsession. The NES and Sega Mega Drive because I played those the most when I was a kid. I never got any games when I was young though, that's probably why I've grown an obsession with collecting everything now. I have over 40 systems and about 1600 games. Every Nintendo and Sega system, and also some Atari and all the new things as well, PS3, Wii, Xbox and so on.
    Of the newer systems I prefer to play Xbox 360 (cause I'm an achievement junkie, and also all my friends have it so we chat over Xbox since we don't live close anymore).

I've also recently started collecting Famicom, and Famicom Disk. Got the systems in november last year and have a bit over 200 games for it now. I really like it since I've also studied a bit of japanese it's a good way for me to practice and keep it up I also just bought the Super Famicom, but haven't got too many games for it yet.

I unfortunately don't work with games, it would had been fun, but I still enjoy my job. I'm part owner of a manufacturing and sales company where I work with graphic design, internet marketing, web design and also human resource management. So it's a very varied job ^_^

Game genres I like are puzzle games, platformers, action and arcade. I also play some fps games, but what I prefer is games that are short, I don't like when they just add hours to gameplay just to make you think it's harder to beat, I therefore like retro games since they are challenging but if you've mastered them you can beat them in an evening. I don't have time to play all those rpgs that take 150 hours to finish, so I've unfortunately missed out on Skyrim, Fable, Mass Effect and all those other games that everybody is talking about nowadays, instead I've beaten most XBLA games ^^

I recently started blogging about my interest in retro video games. You can find the link to my blog in my signature.

Feel free to ask me anything, I don't bite ^_^

Master of the Whirl Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Genowhirl910
    3DS Friend
    1504-5923-5716

Default hey

Well, I failed at making a good 1st impression... My bad.

Hey, I'm new here... I'm hoping I become a better addition to the forums than what you expect me to become.

My favorite game is Luigi's Mansion and my favorite console is the Gamecube... Here's to hoping for good things
    CHECK MY EPIC COMIC SERIES D-PAD COMICS
    Come read my cool VG magazine: GAMER ADDICTION!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't sweat it. Your first impression was fine. Welcome aboard, Genowhirl910!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Slayter214

Default Slayter!

Hello, my name is Slayter and I have been reading DP forums for a long time but have never registered. The video gaming knowledge of the people who post here is amazing and I can always find something interesting.

I live in Baltimore, Maryland and have been playing games since the NES. I work in IT in real life. I am a big Nintendo fan but like most others I have owned many, many systems. I still own about 10 consoles but I don't have the space to get into any serious collecting. I am mostly a player, favorite genre: JRPG.

Insert Coin (Level 0) redknight802's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Redknight802 or Red or Redknight, whatever makes you happy to call me. I am 19 years old. I found the forums when a friend was telling me about digital press and i researched it on google in curosity and found these forums. Some of my favorite games include Kirby 64, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Spyro The Dragon 1,2 and 3. The Kingdom Hearts Series, The systems i collect for are: NES,SNES,N64,PS1,PS2,GB,GBC,GBA,Sega Genesis,Dreamcast, Windows 95/98 PC Games, In real life i like to Use and Operate Cameras and Make Videos about many things. Any time i have a camera i like to film video. I began collecting when i saw a youtube video about how you could find old video games at thrift stores, garage sales, and retro video game stores. I mostly used this as a way to obtain video games i played from my childhood and that path became bigger after i discovered other video game consoles. Id love to work in the field of Broadcast Production operating cameras after going through 2 years of a Broadcast Production Class in high school. I usually find most of my retro games at thrift stores, garage sales, pawn shops and retro stores. I think my favorite find was Kid Icarus for $4.00

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a newbie, as you can see from my post count of 21. What? The count is over 500? Bah! Get your eyes checked, foo!

I'm Kess. I have a strange and obsene obsession with Seaman.

I collect for the NES, Genesis, and DC.

My best finds for each system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey.

I'm Holy, from the US. I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd join and contribute some. I love learning about older games and systems, and I'm starting up collecting on various systems (just SNES, DC, and PSX for now). Favorite system? Don't have one, love 'em all. I also LOVE playing pinball and arcade games. I'm actually trying to get some funds tucked away to build my own arcade cab.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm thebeeks, longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'm 25 and from Flower Mound, Texas. As a kid, my family's shoddy financial situation meant we were always a good chunk of years behind the video game scene (got a Super Nintendo for Christmas '97!), so I have a deep respect for the stuff people discard as soon as the new shiny toy comes out.

I'm into quirky games of any era, I have an unhealthy obsession with the game Gyruss, I've got about 550 games at the time of writing, and I'm currently a wage slave at an insurance company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Big Hi!!

Hi everyone I guess I will tell you a little about myself. My name is Matt, and I love games although the time I have to enjoy them has gotten to be less and less over the years. I'm from the U.S. and CT to be exact yes the nutmeg state who no one ever hears about. I'm a college student but that will soon change this coming May. Anyway I started with the Genesis got an N64 and Game boy color, as well as a PS1. That is pretty much the extent of my knowledge console wise with classic games. I know I know I didn't get to play the NES when I was younger. It really is a shame for sure. I hope I can contribute to this forum in a positive manner and look forward to taking part in some good threads!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

- My name is Jeremy Shartzer.
    - I live in Leitchfield, KY
    - I have enjoyed the online rarity guide here for years and finally decided to join the forums.
    - My favorite games are Megaman 2(NES), Mine Storm(Vectrex), Legend of Zelda: OOT (N64), Legend of Dragoon(PS1), and too many more to list.
    - I collect for all systems. The gems of my collection are conversation pieces. Things most people don't know about (Sharpe NES TV, Miracle Piano, Bible games, etc.)
    - In "real life" I am a computer technician. I also raise cows and hay. I live on about 200 acres in the middle of nowhere and wouldn't have it any other way.
    - As for interesting facts, I play frisbee golf and skateboard. I like punk rock, irish folk music, and bluegrass. Videogames are the glue that holds my hectic life together. I started collecting immediately after I got my first NES. The only two games I ever got rid of were Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (worst game I ever played) and P's Attack (really bad arcade game(got $450 out of it though))