Page 142 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Who Am I or Who I Am

Im Jorge Pedrero From México
    I found about the forums in google searching for a Supergun for a CPS2
    My favorite games are Heavy rain, contra, Street Fighter Series, Marvel VS capcom 2 in general any Arcade and Braid
    Right now I am collecting Arcade Boards(just Started), and games in general specially the ones I played when I was a little kid
    In "REAL LIFE" I AM a Game Developer
    some intresting facts...
    Ilove games and I think that they are Art and also the best Storytelling Plattaform also i love Coding and talking about games in other stuff I really enjoy a good movie and chiptunes music

*edit
    I Also love Artbooks from Games or Movies Im starting that collection to..
    Last edited by pedreror1; 04-19-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

My name is Paul. I'm a 22 year old living in Boston, Massachusetts and I currently am student at UMASS Boston. I found out about digital press some time ago when I found out about the collector's guide, which I soon purchased (the advanced one, the classic was sold out).

It's hard to name exactly what my favorite games are, but my top list definitely includes A Link to the Past, Toejam & Earl, Street Fighter II Turbo, Bastion, Ocarina of Time, Shenmue... I just realized I can go on an on forever

I particularly collect everything from the NES to the Dreamcast, but I also pick up some more modern games. When I was younger my parents made me sell my collection, but I recently started collecting again. It's a small collection, but I'm working on it. I love shmups and fighters, and I also play a lot of PC games. I also love going to thrift stores and gaming stores, though the latter is hard because I don't drive.

As stated before, I'm a student at UMASS Boston, I'm a Music major, and I will be going into education in the future.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default used video games

Hi, I am new on this Forum. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume it will help those who are passionate for games, below is the link of website, kindly look forward. Thank you (www.usedvideogamesearch.com)

Insert Coin (Level 0) jitzuthemonk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Hi everyone. I'm James from Binghamton, NY.

-I found the forums because I have been looking for a community that is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about 8 and 16 bit console gaming.

- I am primarily an NES collector / retro gamer. My favorite games shift wildly from day to day, but today I would call Archon for the NES my favorite.

-IRL I work at a residential treatment facility for troubled youth.

That's about it. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default just registered

Hello everyone,
    My name is Tom from Belgium.
    I ve just registered on this forum to get to know a bit more on various arcade systems. I am 38 and used to play arcade games to about 20 years ago. I then transferred to pc-gaming. I am about to purchase a neo-geo mvs cabinet, this is the main reason for signing in here.
    I am being the game cabinet for my job with 10 to 15 year old kids who only know playstation and wii games. I think it is my responsibility to teach them some old school games.
    I am also looking for a game i played on an arcade machine somewhere around 1989 -1991. It was a 2d jump and run game in which the main caracter (to my recollection) was a fury white round shaped creature. It had to run, swim and jump. It also could shoot spike things to open hidden gates and it could hit other creatures with it. Anyone any idea what this game was?

Happy to be here

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    carbz413

Default Hey

Who you are?
    Hi! I'm carbz413, or simply Chris.

Where you live?
    I live in the North East of the United States. More specifically, I live in Connecticut.

How you found the forums?
    While browsing online, I cannot remember what I was looking up, I stumbled upon this website a while ago. More recently, I found this website again while finding some information on the Sega Genesis.

What your favorite games are?
    I like RPGs like Final Fantasy (the older ones, not the newer renditions), and the old school Dragon Warrior/Quest games. I like the Kingdom Hearts series as well. I also like the Metroid series.

What systems you collect for?
    I have a collection of games for the Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, and PSP. I have a smaller collection of NES, SNES, and Genesis games.

What you do in "real life?"
    In "real life," I am a student in college that is almost finished with my graduate school classes. I am in the middle of an internship, and am aspiring to be a teacher.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc?
    I like listening to the soundtracks from some of the video games, and I find the classics from the NES to be enjoyable.

Insert Coin (Level 0) mightykendar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Hello!

Who I am: My name is Kendra, I'm in my early 30s, married, and I live in Maine.

How I found the forums
    : I actually visited the brick-and-mortar Digital Press store in New Jersey earlier this year, and that led me here.

Favorite games
    : I have many favorites...most of them being considered "favorites" because they were games that I loved as a kid, either NES or SNES...the Super Mario games, the Zelda games, Earthbound, Tetris, some of the Capcom Disney games (Chip 'n Dale, Duck Tales), Bump 'n Jump, and so many more. There are a number of DOS-based games, as well, that I would consider among my favorites, such as F-19/F-117 Stealth Fighter, the Space Quest games, lots of shareware-type stuff (Duke Nukem, Commander Keen), etc.

I collect for: NES, primarily, though I have started casually collecting for the Atari 2600 as of late. I have several other systems, including the SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, Game Gear, N64, PS2, Wii, and Commodore Amiga. Eventually, I'd like to get a ColecoVision, Intellivision, or both, possibly a Master System as well.

In real life: Finishing up my undergrad in archaeology, and then hopefully entering into a Masters program.

I also collect music, both in vinyl LP and CD formats.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BoringSupreez's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    BoringSupreez

Default Uber Frosh from Racketboy

Hello, I'm BoringSupreez, also known by the same name on Racketboy where a few of you may recognize me from. I've been gaming since I was 2 or 3 on my dad's Windows 95. My favorite systems today are PC, N64, and oXbox, but I like pretty much everything made since the NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings from South Jersey

1. Hello, my name is Ryan, I am 30 years old.
    2. I live in New Jersey, about two hours south of the Digital Press store. I went there for the first time yesterday and was in awe of all the awesomeness the store had to offer.
    3. I stumbled on the forums when looking for a good price guide for SNES games.
    4. My favorite games are the Metroid series, the Zelda series, Smash Bros. series, but I enjoy almost any game.
    5. I collect for any Nintendo system. The games just bring back so many memories, and I get nostalgic anytime I power up any Nintendo system.
    6. In "real-life" I have done many things, but I am currently in school to become a history teacher.
    7. I enjoy trail running, and being outside in nature as much as I love being behind a controller. I started collecting in the last year but it has been a fast moving snowball rolling downhill, I can't seem to collect enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BROKENcyde117
    PSN
    PromiscuousFrog

Who you are
    My name is Paulo and I'm 16 years old.
    Where you live
    East Coast of the US in Raleigh, NC.
    How you found the forums
    My interest in collecting brought me here.
    What your favorite games are
    Don't really have favorite games more like favorite series. Some include:
    Pokemon seri(Generic)
    Megaman Battle Network series
    and the Harvest Moon series
    But I guess if I had to choose an all-time favorite game, it would have to be Pokemon Crystal.
    What systems you collect for
    I collect mostly for Gameboy, but I might start collecting for the N64 soon as my next console.

As for other systems I have, I have a few including the old Xbox, 360, and PS1/3.
    What you do in "real life"
    Still a sophomore in high school :3
    Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Began collecting due to nostalgia, just like everyone else basically. I had remembered my old Yellow Gameboy Color that I had as a child and I missed it dearly ever since my mom sent it away to my cousins, never to be seen again. So ever since the around March 30/31ish I have been collecting for the Gameboy/GBC/GBA systems. I also hope to expand my collection through great forums such as this one!
    Gameboy Collector!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Kemoteo

Default Hi everybody, let me introduce myself,

I go by Kemoteo, or Jaime. Your call.

I'm from Los Angeles, CA currently living in Aliso Viejo, CA.

I'm mostly on NA and SA. But decided to expand here.

I'm all about SEGA. Decided to complete the entire US Library for all SEGA systems.

With Dreamcast being on the top of my list. It's my favorite SEGA system and collecting the entire Library factory sealed. Never going to grade it, just keep it like that on my shelves. Also doing the variants.

I hope I get to meet cool peeps as I have done at SA and NA.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Member

Hello all..I'd like to introduce myself to the community as I am really looking forward to getting involved.

Who you are
    My name is Brian and I am 34 Years Old

Where you live
    Pittsburgh, PA

How you found the forums
    Started collecting Game Consoles recently and found this forum searching

What your favorite games are
    Don't really have favorite games, but interested in consoles for now...Games will come later

What systems you collect for
    I am currently working on getting all the Sports games for SMS / Genesis / NES / SNES / N64 / PS1
    I am also looking for systems. I currently have a Master System / Genesis / 32X / NES / SNES / N64 / WII / PS1 / PS2

What you do in "real life"
    I am a System Administrator III in IT

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    After finishing up my Wrestling VHS / DVD / Video Files collection for all the shows and PPV's I wanted (84 - 2003) I looked and I had all I wanted (I still look for new stuff). After finding the AVGN videos it brought back a good memory of gaming. I decided I'd collect all the consoles with the hopes of setting them all up and having a great gaming center as well as great show piece.
    Really looking forward to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Robb. I live in the good ole USA. I found the forums thru a google search looking for information on retro games. My favorite game at the moment is Modern Warfare 3. I collect for NES, Super NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, PSone, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii. I'm a healthcare professional in real life.

I got back into retro video games again earlier this year when I found a mint and complete Sega Genesis system in the trash as I was jogging. That one event inspired me to get back in old school gaming and create a fansite: SNES HUB

I'm here to talk about gaming with like-minded people. Hello!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are?
    Andy.

Where you live?
    In Virginia.

Well, I was looking up places to discuss older video games and somehow ran across this site, which looked like exactly what I was seeking

Gosh, too many to name. A few that spring to mind are the Contra series, Robotron (and Smash TV), Civilization, Pirates, Pressure Cooker, Metal Slug, Star Wars (arcade game)...

I'm not really much of an active collector, to be honest. I have my old systems and games - Colecovision (with Atari adapter), NES, Super NES, Genesis, Jaguar, Xbox, Xbox 360 - but I don't actively seek out new stuff very often. I just like playing and talking about great games.

I write for a small nonprofit magazine. Very dry, narrow subject matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JACKxSWAGGER

Who you are?
    Howdy. I'm RetroRage, aka JACKxSWAGGER on XBL, aka Aaron IRL

Where you live?
    Seattle. Don't move here, this city has a "can't do" attitude and the hipsters make me want to kill myself.

Recently started getting serious about building my nerd room and I'm looking for an active community to chat with. Stumbled across this place, hopefully it's worth my time

My modern gaming has slowed significantly, but I'm a big fan of Forza, Soul Calibur, Modern Warfare to name a few. Of course a big fan of the classics for Nintendo and SEGA, both of which I'm focusing the majority of my collection on.

Anything I see I'll keep, but right now I'm focused on SEGA and NES. But I do have a total of 10 systems and am pushing over 250 games.

I work for a local not-for-profit picking up clothing/household item donations in neighborhoods and in clothing bins throughout the Puget Sound. I love my job, and I find plenty of gems in the wild that way!

I've tried to get into many other things in my life in an attempt to "grow up", but nothing gives me the same feeling that video games do. I'm a big fan of LPs, primarily NCS. I've been dating my gf for 6 years, so I guess I'm not a total loser lol. Also in to working on cars, Seattle sports, whatever else.

So that's me. Well, kinda.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello I am Smayra and New Bie here.......Like to be a part of this forum so much Guys..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are?
    Hello, I am cochlearmom, or Erin, either is fine...

Where you live?
    I live in beautiful Lake Tahoe, Nevada/California border.

While I was online researching a few game systems from my youth, specifically systems from the late '70's/early '80's.

I like my PS2 system and I enjoy playing Frogger and Tony Hawk; however, as of lately I mostly play games on my iPhone. I have never been good at the games, especially as they have progressed over the years! I remember not being very good at Pong. I'm looking forward to hooking up the old Atari and the old Bally/Astrocade systems because I'll probably be good at those games now, 30 years later!

I'm focusing on the Bally Computer System games right now; originally we had all the released games and then some, but now I am missing a few carts and am thinking about replacing those.

In "real life," I am a mom first to my two children, my daughter who is ten and my son who is seven. My children are a full time job, but I also do bookkeeping for a flooring company. I am co-president for the start up chapter of California Hands & Voices, which is a parent driven support system for parents of deaf or hard of hearing children. The name "cochlearmom" was created because my daughter, who was born profoundly deaf, is a bilateral cochlear implant recipient. Getting her diagnosed, learning sign language, speech therapy, special ed services, advocacy, and so on has consumed my life since she was born.

I grew up in Silicone Valley and my mom worked in the semiconductor field. The company she worked for in the late 70's/early 80's had some type of contract to package the Astrocade game carts and do the shrink wrap; we were so lucky to get the system and every single game! She was the supervisor, however she was right there next to her staff doing the production work. She worked swing shift and she told me that her employer was saving on energy costs by shutting down the A/C in the evenings. The packaging of the carts was set up in a small room with no ventilation and no air conditioning, she said the fumes from the shrink wrap was horrible, but they didn't really know any different back then. It was truly a sweat shop! Pulling out this system in the last few weeks has brought back a lot of memories, it has made me realize how much these old systems had built a foundation for the PC's that came later, I have always been very savvy with both hardware and software.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JACKxSWAGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Cochlearmom View Post
    Who you are?
    Hello, I am cochlearmom, or Erin, either is fine...

Where you live?
    I live in beautiful Lake Tahoe, Nevada/California border.

While I was online researching a few game systems from my youth, specifically systems from the late '70's/early '80's.

I like my PS2 system and I enjoy playing Frogger and Tony Hawk; however, as of lately I mostly play games on my iPhone. I have never been good at the games, especially as they have progressed over the years! I remember not being very good at Pong. I'm looking forward to hooking up the old Atari and the old Bally/Astrocade systems because I'll probably be good at those games now, 30 years later!

I'm focusing on the Bally Computer System games right now; originally we had all the released games and then some, but now I am missing a few carts and am thinking about replacing those.

In "real life," I am a mom first to my two children, my daughter who is ten and my son who is seven. My children are a full time job, but I also do bookkeeping for a flooring company. I am co-president for the start up chapter of California Hands & Voices, which is a parent driven support system for parents of deaf or hard of hearing children. The name "cochlearmom" was created because my daughter, who was born profoundly deaf, is a bilateral cochlear implant recipient. Getting her diagnosed, learning sign language, speech therapy, special ed services, advocacy, and so on has consumed my life since she was born.

I grew up in Silicone Valley and my mom worked in the semiconductor field. The company she worked for in the late 70's/early 80's had some type of contract to package the Astrocade game carts and do the shrink wrap; we were so lucky to get the system and every single game! She was the supervisor, however she was right there next to her staff doing the production work. She worked swing shift and she told me that her employer was saving on energy costs by shutting down the A/C in the evenings. The packaging of the carts was set up in a small room with no ventilation and no air conditioning, she said the fumes from the shrink wrap was horrible, but they didn't really know any different back then. It was truly a sweat shop! Pulling out this system in the last few weeks has brought back a lot of memories, it has made me realize how much these old systems had built a foundation for the PC's that came later, I have always been very savvy with both hardware and software.
    sounds like you have a lot on your plate. welcome!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm sennaho

Hey everyone! This is sennaho here!
    I just found this forum trought some google-searches, so I decided to sign up.

My name is Johannes, I am 22 years old and I live in Norway!
    I am a video game enthusiast and collector with a lot of strange things in my head.
    I have been collecting on and off for about 3 years, but I have always been interested in games, and loved playing them.
    My two favorite genres are RPG's and platformers, but I enjoy a bit of everything really.
    My collection isn't really based around one system, but I primary want to collect for the NES and GB/GBC/GBA now, and maybe some SNES in the future.
    Besides being a gamer, I work in showbiz. I am a stand-up comedian, actor, juggler and magician and this is what I do for a living, so I am pretty happy with being able to do what I want!
    I am also trying to get back to my Youtube-channel, so please check it out, watch my older videoes, the three new ones, and if you like what you see, please subscribe for more videoes!

www.youtube.com/sennaho

Looking forward to be a part of this forum!
    -sennaho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello from San Francisco, CA!

Hey all! I just wanted to say 'hi' & introduce myself. My name is Gabe. I'm a 30-something retro-gaming enthusiast & at one point was a collector, but can no longer afford the cost of acquiring & maintaining actual hardware. Regardless, I haven't let it stop me. Emulation of course, keeps my hobby alive. And I love seeing new games come out for or are inspired by older systems, by all the avid hobbyists & professionals that still adore the systems of yesteryear.

My first system was the Atari 2600, which my father won as the prize for being the top salesman on the car lot he worked on. It was one of numerous prizes he won for various contests on the multitude of car dealerships he worked for over the years. I have fond memories of playing games like Combat, Pitfall & Pitfall II, Enduro Racer, Ms. Pacman & others, but I was far more enamored of computers & the NES.

My father eventually went onto networking & computer sales and we got a family pc--an IBM AT 286 clone. It only had a monochrome screen with Hercules graphics adapter & wasn't so hot for playing games. I remember using some program that somehow tricked the PC into thinking it had a CGA adapter, & allowed you to use CGA games & apps on it. Regardless, everything I had was shareware & pretty much sucked. Eventually I did some odd jobs at my father's business & saved up enough money to buy a VGA adapter. I got in trouble many a time after that for missing chores, playing games like Quest For Glory I-III, Space Quest I-V, King's Quest 5-6, The Red Baron, Wing Commander, etc.

Eventually I also got my own NES, though for years I would brag to everyone how much better my PC games were than the ones people were playing on the NES. Still, PC games were expensive, I didn't know all that many people who had new PC games I could copy, & the hardware requirements for newer games got steeper & steeper as they came out. It became a serious battle to have enough funds for both new games AND new hardware. Eventually I just gave up. With an NES I could just rent all my games & not worry about having to buy them all or new hardware upgrades.

A few years later, I got myself an SNES for similar reasons, not to mention it had seemingly amazing games like Super Mario World.

It took me a while to figure out my favorite game genres. As a kid I loved Sierra adventure games, but as I got older they started to lose some of their charm. I discovered in fact my favorites are western rpg's (& the odd jrpg, though primarily action/rpg hybrids)& metroidvania's. I love the Metroid series of games, but really, ANY metroidvania is fine for me, as long as it's good (Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kane? Hello!). And the picture for my profile avatar is ripped straight out of one of my all time favorite DOS rpg's, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos.

These days, as I mentioned, I can't really afford the classic gaming hobby hardware-wise, so I do most of my classic gaming via emulation. But what peeks my interest even more these days, rather than just playing the classics, is new games made for or inspired by classic systems. I've recently been playing a buggy but highly enjoyable freeware title for PC called "Treasure Adventure Game". It's a dynamite metroidvania, inspired by classic game consoles like the NES and Sega Master System. If you can put up with the bugs & get it to run, I'd highly recommend it. Otherwise there's others like Lyle In Cube Scector, Akuji The Demon, Cave Story, etc.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thank you for reading my intro! If you'd like to swap stories of what's happening in the classic & classics inspired game dev scene, hit me up! I'm always looking for more things to get my hands on & happy to share what I know, & knew things as I discover them.