Page 143 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Classic Game Developer revivalstudios's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Martijn. I'm from the Netherlands/Europe and i am a classic game collector and classic game developer ( under the revival studios brand).

Systems i collect for:
    - Sega Mastersystem (complete PAL + many US titles)
    - Sega 32X (complete PAL minus the 3 unobtainables, nearing completion on US/Japanese titles).
    - Videopac/Odyssey2 (complete PAL+US+homebrew)
    - Vectrex (complete PAL+US+homebrew)
    - Microvision (complete US/Dutch/German/French, still looking for UK, and if exist: Spanish and Italian)
    - Game.com (complete)
    - Konami MSX pal collection (near complete)
    - Sega Dreamcast (about 50% complete PAL)
    - Sony PS1 (about 400 PAL titles, so long way from completion)
    - Sony PS2 (about 700 PAL titles, i dont have any illusions completing this)
    - Nintendo Gamecube (about 40% of the PAL titles)

Furthermore i have modest collections for Colecovision, Sega Megadrive, Sega Saturn and PS3, but these are not anywhere near completion.

Systems i develop/publish games for:
    - Vectrex (since 2003)
    - Videopac / Odyssey2 (since 2007)

This year i will release my first games for Atari 2600, Colecovision, Sega SG-1000, MSX and hopefully i will see a Sega Dreamcast release by the end of the year as well.

My favorite systems are:
    Commodore 64, Odyssey2, Vectrex, Colecovision, Sega Mastersystem, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS1/PS2/PS3

My real-life job:
    I used to be active in game development.
    Nowadays i teach game-development parttime, and develop games for classic systems as a hobby in my sparetime.

More information about me, my collection or my games, you can check out my website at: www.revival-studios.com
    Last edited by revivalstudios; 06-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are?
    I'm archaznable you can call me archie as my nickname

Where you live?
    I live in Manila

How you found the forums?
    looking for some good gaming community to join and I found this

What your favorite games are?
    I like some FPS and some RTS games I do play some side scrolling games too and some action games

What systems you collect for?
    So far the systems that I have right now are PS3, PC, and Playstation Vita

What you do in "real life?"
    What I do in real life is I'm a graphic designer doing some lazy designs on the web

Hope to learn from you all guys
    Your awesome collection of Flash Game Arcade to play and have fun ...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings citizens of Earth...

Who you are?
    I'm PantherUK aka Chris...

Where do you live?
    I'm in England, UK... About 20 miles north of London...

How you found the forums?
    Googling for info on my MAME project...

What your favorite games are?
    Seeing as I'm nice and ancient, well 40 lol, a lot of my favourites hark back to the Commodore 64 and the arcades of the 70's/80's/90's...
    On the console front I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, FPS's bore me now, been there and done that with Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, no need to play the same game over and over...

What systems you collect for?
    I'm building an X-Arcade based MAME cabinet and I currently have in the house between me, the Mrs and the 2 kids:

6 PC's (2 desktops, 3 laptops and a netbook), 2 PS3's (one has a badgered blu ray), A Wii and a PS2... In the loft, currently sleeping I have a Commodore 64, an A1200, a Master System and a busted PSOne...

In real life I work in a distribution centre part-time and I have another part-time job as a tattooist, which is currently on the back burner...

I'm more of a reader and lurker, soaking up information, than I am a poster, but you never know, if something draws me in I can post with the best of them..!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Oooh me me me!!!

I am Alyssa, 26, from Northern Colorado. I found the forum trying to find a place to talk to retro gaming & fans of M.U.L.E.
    I like games from Brick Breaker Excitebike Yoshi's World to Donkey Kong Country series to The Sims to Harvest Moon to Zelda to GTA's to COD's.
    Systems Include (between my husband and I): Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, GBC, GBA, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo DS & 3DS, PS2, PS3, & XBOX 360.

My real life job is a Web Designer & Developer and I recently began an internship with a video game company called www.DreamQuestGames.com (I've done some work on their website for their kickstarter program (http://www.alphacolony.com). I'm newly graduated and excited to join the real world doing what I love.

How I began collecting is probably the respect & appreciation of old things taught to me by my Dad growing up. (He says he's a pack rat, but he keeps the important things ) I've always loved video games. I remember being >5 years old playing Super Mario Bros. NES in my childhood home while my parents blasted Journey. Great memories of video gaming with my Daddy when I hear them.

Look forward to chatting with any and all gamers. I love all kinds of games and am always interested in trying new ones.

Alyssa
    Colorado

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Could be right up your alley?

Quote Originally Posted by namayake View Post
    And I love seeing new games come out for or are inspired by older systems, by all the avid hobbyists & professionals that still adore the systems of yesteryear.
    Just was perusing for retro gaming fans and noticed your love for seeing new games out inspired by older systems. I wanted to mention my bosses project to revive M.U.L.E. for a modernized world. I'm currently doing the website work for AlphaColony A Tribute to M.U.L.E (www.alphacolony.com). We as a company have obtained licensing rights from the original creator's family and have began game design and graphics. They started a kickstarter (http://kck.st/KJREBJ) project (which I'd never heard of prior to interning here, must have been living under a rock from what I've heard. ) and are looking for support to be able to release this game across a wide-array of platforms. Thought maybe you'd be interested since it's an oldy but a goody and could come back after 30 years! Let others know. I'm super excited to play this game but it won't happen unless we get the funds raised.

I hope this isn't seen as spam. I'm really just trying to reach fans who could be interested and haven't heard about the project.

-Alyssa

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was actually looking for this topic on my first day, but for whatever reason, I didn't notice that it was a sticky in the Classic Gaming forum.
    ---

Hello everyone, my name is Andreas and I go by the online alias Esquire Fox. You can just call me Esquire. I live in Randleman, North Carolina; The NASCAR center of the world! Of course, it only makes sense that I have no interest in the sport what-so-ever.

I found these forums when they were recommended by a fellow local collector. However, I didn't actually join until much later when I discovered that there was a trading section.

I am a collector of all things Video Games; from the old and obscure to the new and fancy. My shelves are stuffed with everything from Odyssey to 3DS. I am particularly fond of collecting NES games, and I hope to have a relatively complete collection some day. If I had to pick a favorite game from my collection, it would be Okami for the PS2.

In real life, I am a full time College student with a part time job. I am fortunate enough to have very understanding and supportive parents. They are almost as involved in my video game collecting hobby as I am. My video game collection spans 14 shelves and wraps around a quarter of my entire room, with my systems and various other memorabilia arranged along the walls. Like most collectors with full time commitments, I have some trouble finding the time to sit down and play my collection, but when I do, I always have a blast.

I am a Swedish immigrant. I was raised in Sweden where my love for the video game medium was kindled. I still have all my original PAL version SNES and Megadrive games and consoles. Part of the reason I started collecting was because I was unable to play many of my PAL games correctly when we moved to the states. I started small with an NES in my youth and slowly began gathering old games as I went through my teen years. When I graduated from high school and got a job, the flood gates opened and I began actively searching for and buying older games at flea markets and on craigslist. Watching online videos by classic game enthusiasts like the AVGN and Classic Game Room sparked my interest in other systems I had missed growing up (like the Jaguar and CDi), as well as consoles that were before my time (like Atari 2600 and Odyssey).

It is great to be here and I hope to have many fun and interesting conversations with everyone!

The King of Hyrule
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Aaron and I hail from the Great White North. I have been seriously into collecting for the past few years. I just recently passed 1200 games. I found this website through rfgeneration.com. I have a wife and a kid on the way! I will be 25 in a few days. So yeah...thats pretty much me lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ahem

Hey everybody, my name is Ryan and I live in a little known city called Waldorf, Maryland.

I can trace my discovery of Digital Press back to 5th grade (I'm 20 years old now), reading an issue of Tips & Tricks magazine, my one and only favorite gaming mag. They featured picks of the store, and ever since then it has been my dream to visit the store and such. Sadly, that day has yet to come . . . So it's better late than never to get on here and chat with some/anybody who loves gaming as much as I do.

I'm entering my 3rd year of college this fall and have been gaming since age 7. I've been seriously collecting for probably 4 years now, and have a humble collection of around 350 games.

Some of my favorite games are Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, too many to mention! It all started with Vectorman on my neighbor's Genesis.
    I try to collect for a lot of different systems, SNES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, and all current and last generation consoles. Hoping to get into Saturn and TurboGrafx 16 collecting someday. Collecting for me focuses on good games, of course! It's quality over quantity for me, and a box and a manual will make or break a deal.

Hopeless Situation Warrior Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sup

Who you are: Born in the year 19XX, a product of the late '70s - a time when my parents played lots of Atari 2600 at home and lots of arcade games at the local mall. You can call me Ben.

Where you live: Denver, Colorado (Everything here is currently on fire, so please don't flame me!)

How you found the forums: Found a link here from another site while searching for info on SNES and N64 mods.

What your favorite games are: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game ever.
    • NES: Mega Man 2, Faxanadu, Tecmo Super Bowl, TMNT 1 & 2, MT Punch Out!!, Baseball Stars, Double Dribble (for the comedy value).
    • SNES: SMW, Zelda: LTP, Street Fighter series, Mortal Kombat series, Killer Instinct, Ken Griffey Jr. baseball, DK Country, Mega Man X, Super Mario RPG
    • Genesis: MK1, Sonic series, NBA Jam TE, SF2 Turbo, Road Rash series
    • N64: Mario 64, Zelda OOT & Majora's Mask, Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, Goldeneye, Star Fox 64

What systems you collect for: Currently trying to re-acquire games and consoles for NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 and mod them for playing on my 52 inch HDTV.

What you do in "real life": I'm a web developer/designer.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: In my spare time, I also run the discussion forum on TheForce.net.

1 up!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Kyle

Where you live: Plano, TX

How you found the forums: My dad Deadman showed me

What your favorite games are:

•NES: Kid Icarus, Bubble Bobble Part 2
    •SNES: Super Mario RPG
    •Genesis: Lion King, Sonic series, NBA Jam TE
    •N64: Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64
    3DS: Kid Icarus Uprising

What systems you collect for: Currently NES, SNES

What you do in "real life": I am a Student

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I played Kid Icarus Uprising and wanted the original then i saw more games and got the idea to start to collect.
    Last edited by PacKid; 07-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Random_Terrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Who are you?

Duane Alan Hahn.

Where do you live?

The place where people toss beer cans, fast food garbage, and burning cigarette butts out of their car windows: North Carolina.

How did you find the forums?

Osmosis.

What are your favorite games or type of games?

I like replayable games that use controlled randomness. I don't want to learn patterns or dance steps and I want a fresh experience every time I play. For example, I like exploring worlds that are created by Civilization style games (hunting for resources and treasure).

What systems do you collect for?

I'm not a collector. I'm a player.

Not much. I mow the lawn and watch TV. Does that count?

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, who you had to kill to get your first console, and so on?

Nope. No interesting facts. I'm as interesting as a dropped ice cream cone melting on a hot sidewalk.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SNESMaster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BlueBomber03
    3DS Friend
    0817-4236-4184
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/plumbersdontwearties

Who you are - Nate, SNESMaster
    How you found the forums - I was looking for a good retro gaming forum, and this was one of the first that showed up.
    What your favorite games are - Metroid, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Megaman 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, EarthBound
    What systems you collect for - SNES
    Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - I have a drawing of a Servbot from the Megaman Legends series that I won in a Megaman Legends 3 contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there! After some weeks reading many interesting topics in the forum, I decided to take some time and register.

- Who you are?
    I´m Mike, 28.

- Where you live?
    I´m from Spain and I live in Barcelona. But don´t worry, I can speak english quite well so we´ll have some interesting talks here.

- How you found the forums?
    Something like 3 months ago I was googling for a complete PS2 RPG list and one of the first search results was a topic of this forum.

- What your favorite games are?
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Super Mario Bros 3, Castlevania SoTN, Guardian Heroes, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy X, Odin Sphere, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, F-Zero GX, ...

- What systems you collect for?
    I collect for a lot of different systems, but right now I´m focused on Nintendo DS, PS2 and Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

- What you do in "real life"?
    Work as a teacher.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Been collecting since I was 12-13. I started doing it because some friends or cousins gave me "old games and systems" that they didn´t want anymore (stuff from NES, Master System, ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga, ...). This started around 1997-98, so I can´t imagine how old those games would look to them, if they already thought were obsolete back in the day.

I hope to have some nice talks here with all of you
    Last edited by AtlusFan; 07-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody.

I'm terrible at introducing myself on forums, so I'll go with the standard questions format.

Who are you?
    In this reality, I'm known as Josh. I also answer to most variations of "hey, you!"

Where do you live?
    Phildelphia, by way of a whole bunch of other Northeastern US locations.

Same way pretty much anyone finds things these days. Google.

What are your favorite games:
    Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Goldeneye 007 (the original N64 version), Bushido Blade 2, Super Smash Bros. Sonic 2, Toejam and Earl.

Just about any system before the current generation. Right now I've got an NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast. As a completionist I'm always looking for more.

What do you do in real life?
    I Work in TV, regret deciding to work in TV, work to get out of working in TV, and so on.

Any other interesting facts about you?
    I'm pretty new to collecting. I only started a few months ago when a friend sold me a Genesis he picked up as part of a lot. Since then I've been hooked on picking up new old stuff.

Well, there, that wasn't so bad. Nice to be here!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone.

Name is Eddie Pierson and I'm from Oskaloosa, IA.

I am mainly a Nintendo collector, as that is the era that I was raised.

Favorite game of all time is Kid Icarus and also The New Tetris on N64.

In real life, I am a parts salesperson for a major sports lighting company in the US.

Found this place via "Das Googles".

I also buy/sell/trade/collect sports cards in my free time.

Best find(s) of all time:
    Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, and Final Fantasy Tactics complete in box for $3 each at a garage sale
    Dragon Warrior 2 & 3 complete at a game show for $7.50 each
    New Sealed Super Mario 2 for $10
    New to the forums, but can be found by the same screenname (tonsofcommons) on the following sports card collector websites: www.freedomcardboard.com/forums, www.sportscardforum.com, www.blowoutcards.com/forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Nemhy
    Steam
    Nemhy

Smile

I have a terrible habit of rambling so I will just do the question format :P

Who are you?
    Hi I'm Anthony

Where do you live?
    Wanaque NJ....pretty boring place :P

I go to the Digital Press store a lot. I'm really shy and really bad with putting myself out there to meet people. Figured I'd finally try and get past that and make an account here.

EARTHBOUND!, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, Illusion of Gaia, Yoshi's Island, Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, Diddy Kong Racing, Final Fantasy IX, Alundra, Valkyria Chronicles (one of the few videogames that had me crying my eyes out), Lunar 2 Eternal Blue.

Hmmm I don't really collect...but I guess at the moment SNES. I lost all my SNES games during a move years ago and I finally decided to try and reclaim my childhood back :P. I have a ton of N64, PS1, and PS2 games so I guess that could be called a collection...

Nothing at the moment. I don't know what I want to do as far as a career is concerned...

I've recently been getting into speed running. Working on my DKC2 times and my Pikmin 2 single segment times. =)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I've been a member since 2008 but it's been awhile since I check in with your guys so I thought I re-introduce myself.

Who are you?
    My name is Shawn, 34 yrs old

Where do you live?
    I live in Wichita, KS. Pretty much was raised here. My family migrated from Cambodia in 1983 when I was 5 yrs old.

Was searching for classic gaming stuff and found this site.

I'm a big shootem up fan, especially the ones found on the turbo systems. To name a few of my favs are Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade, etc. I also like good side scrolling adventure and beatem up like Dracula X, Sonic, Street Of Rage 2, Metal Slug, etc.

I collect for several systems, SNES, NES, SMS, GENESIS, NEOGEO, a few hand helds but my favorite and the one system that holds a special place in my heart is the turbo graft 16 which I have most of its variations including its Japanese counterpart, the PC-Engine.

I'm degreed as an Electrical Engineer but currently working in manufacturing of aircraft.

I'm married with 3 girls. I use to collect transformers but have since sold most of my collection. My other hobby is Karate where I'm working on getting a black belt. It's been a dream of mine since I was kid because of watching too many Van Damme's movies
    Last edited by turbokon; 07-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SUPERSMASHSNAKE
    PSN
    shust89

Default Another introduction

Who are you?
    I am Ryan. 22 years old.

Where do you live?
    I live in Jersey City, NJ.

I just went to the Digital Press store in Clifton, NJ. It was amazing and I found this website and joined!

The whole Metal Gear series, Mario series, Zelda series, Portal 1 and 2, and many more! Just ask!

I do not collect for systems really but from games I like. My brother is always looking for Star Fox and Mega Man items and I am always looking for Metal Gear stuff!

I am an assistant at a law firm.

I love to sing and act. I love being on stage and I hope to be a comedian some day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who are you?
    Hello I am James.

Where do you live?
    I am from West Milford, NJ.

I found out about the forums because my friend took me to the actual store in Clifton which was the greatest video game store I have ever been to.

What are you favorite games?
    I love Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 and Sonic Adventure, Mega Man on NES, all Mario games, DONKEY KONG is my favorite video game character and I love DK country, but my favorite games have to be the Zelda games, most favorably Wind Waker.

I am not really at the collecting point yet but I play games from: Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, Genesis, SNES, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox 360 and wii.

I am currently a High School Student

An interesting gaming type fact is that even though I was born into the era of Gamecube and Playstation 2, the console that I played for the first 8 years of my life was the Sega Genesis. Another interesting fact is that I play trumpet.

I have no experience with forums what so ever and have never been on one, I have only read them for information.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Bob

- Where you live
    Raleigh, Nc

- How you found the forums
    looking for lists of nintendo games

- What your favorite games are
    Chrono Trigger, RC PRO RAM

- What systems you collect for
    NES,SNES,N64

- What you do in "real life"
    Cisco CM tech

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Build and race Mustangs

Hello All new to the game collecting, have well over 100 games and looking to start trading with others Every game I buy I make sure to play them and take care of them.