Page 145 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerDog

My name is Jack. I'm 23. I live in California. As of right now, I'm unemployed but I'm a college student trying to get my bachelors degree. I found the forum when I first started collecting, but I never had the courage to sign up before. I've been collecting video games for around 10 years, I started when I was 13. The reason I started collecting was because growing up I didn't really have many videos games. I used to collect everything back when I first started, but I recently started to downsize. I still collect for most Nintendo and Sega systems. My most prized console has to be the vectrex.

Hello and nice to meet all of you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heh, is anybody reading this?

.. My name is Jason. I am big on Vectrex.

I'm from Cincinnati. I went to film school. I'm not a filmmaker.

I'm currently designing a new Vectrex game, in collaboration with an established Vectrex homebrewer.

I'm pretty versatile in my gaming interests, though I do avoid computer games. With a handful of exceptions, I generally have a negative opinion of modern console games. Best games ever to me are:

Shadow of the Colossus
    Marble Madness (nes)
    Defender
    Web Wars (vectex)
    Asteroids (arcade)
    Bionic Commando
    Zelda Link to the Past
    Advance Wars DS
    Lemmings (all versions)
    Ico
    (Mario Soccer) (gamecube)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi There!

Hi I'm TheHacker32! My real name's Marc so you can call me either if you like!

I'm From British Columbia, Canada

I found the forums while trying to researching snes reproduction, didn't really get anywhere. =\

Oh favorite games, Star Fox 1&2, Yoshi's Island, Doom, Earthbound, Super Metroid and Many more i can't list right off the bat.

I mostly collect SNES but I also aim for Sega Genesis, NES and Nintendo 64.

I still go to school >.> not for another grade though (currently in 11). I mostly study Electronics and other stuff i'm good at like astronomy, music, game development and console home-brewing.

I began collecting like about 2 months ago when i decided to revisit my super nintendo after it's been sitting in my living room for about 15 years. Got around to finishing Star Fox under 32 minutes in my spare time. Not much to say but i'm happy to have found the forums and hope to enjoy it here!

Ancient Scribe Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings from the Great Underground Empire. I am Froboz, an author who wishes to remain anonymous (not because I'm famous... I'm not).

My first introduction to the world of gaming was Pong, which may give you an idea of my age. But the first game that really gained my interest and sparked my imagination was the text adventure game Zork. It was shortly after that that I also started to get into Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, and eventually, all of the computer games based on it. I also used to create my own simple text adventure games on my Commodore 64.

My favourite C64 games included Zork I, Zork II, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and The Hobbit (another text adventure game). I also played a lot of Ultima, The Bard's Tale, and similar games to those.

There was also an Apple IIe at school & we used to play Karateka on that a lot. Also, a friend of mine had Castle Wolfenstein for his computer which we loved playing together. Achtung! There were most likely others I don't recall now. Another friend of mine had an Intellivision & I used to enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons and Tron on that. I played a lot of arcade games also, usually in the pizza shop near my junior high school. At the time my faves were Sinistar, Gauntlet, Millipede, Centipede, and Galaxian. I also loved the idea of Joust, but couldn't get the hang of playing it.

Then I got a Colecovision with the Atari 2600 adapter. My faves then became Venture, Atlantis, Cosmic Avenger, Space Fury, Galaxian, Mr. Do, Zaxxon, Gyruss, and probably one or two other Atari games I can't think of right now. I never liked Donkey Kong all that much, but later I would become a huge fan of Super Mario Bros (I also enjoyed Donkey Kong Country).

I would eventually own a NES, SNES, PS1, then PS2, and finally N64, and in addition to all of these my main gaming buddy would also buy a TurboGrafx-16, for which our favourite game was Dungeon Explorer. Of the later games that came out my faves were Legend of Zelda, The Goonies, The Lord of the Rings, A Link to the Past, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Diablo, Legacy of Kaine, Soulreaver, Baldur's Gate I & II, Drakkan, The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, and ahhh... my memory is such a blur, but I'm sure as I continue to participate in these forums I'll be reminded of many many more titles...

Anyway, my favourite game of all time is Black Isle's PC game Baldur's Gate (now called Original Saga).

I no longer have any working systems other than my PC & a PS2, so now when I want to play any of the other classic console games I am obliged to use emulators.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hunter19XX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hunter19XX

Talking

Hi guys

My name is Tom, I'm from Carteret, NJ and I work in the tool rental department of the Edison NJ Home Depot.

I've been gaming for as far as I can remember. The earliest memories of me playing was on a nes (my 2nd one from what I've been told by family) with about 2 shoe boxes (woman's size 7) full of games. Since then I've owned a NES, Genesis (ver.1), SNES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360 Elite, and PS3 (20 Gig 2 usb, upgraded to 350 Gig) in that order.

I've been in and out of interest of a lot of things in my life (I'm 24 btw) but gaming has always been around, up to this point though (as of yesterday) I have a PS3 and my genesis which is in the closet right now. Me being the child genius that I was I decided to trade all my stuff at my local gamestop (I miss funcoland) for the latest and "greatest" and now I highly regret doing that. I always have found older games more fun, engaging, and much higher value than a lot of games out now imo.

I heard of Digital Press while I was on the hunt for some retro games that weren't overpriced to hell or sold on ebay or my "local" pawn shop (which is shady as hell from what I've researched) and I found this place on google maps which is about an hour away from me. When I walked in and saw all the games and found an employee who actually knows something about games (she was very nice and friendly btw, never caught her name but I hope all the best with her pregnancy) I almost cried I was so happy.

2 Hours later I came home with a Dreamcast and Gamecube, the 2 consoles i missed and loved the most, and will most deff. be coming back for more games and gear. That's all for me now, see you guys around

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Xyzxyrz; 11-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody!

I'm Herman Bluemink from the Dutch website InsideGamer.nl. For my weekly article the 'Collectors Corner' I'm looking for new game collections to show to our readers. After a lot of nice collections from Holland and Belgium. I'm looking for new talent abroad. See an example of my weekly article here: http://bit.ly/vuZIBw The article contains an introduction of the collector, a short interview and pictures of the collection.

If people would like to participate don't hesitate and pm or mail me (herman.bluemink@insidegamer.nl). To participate i'll send you a few questions and I need a selection of pics. You dont have to type in Dutch, i'll translate the text

This is my own collection by the way, although the pics are dated: http://bit.ly/sZHgA0

Greets!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

So I've just joined the forum and here's the answers to the OG post incase anyone's interested.

- Who you are
    My name is Luigi (yes, really)

- Where you live
    London, UK

- How you found the forums
    Google!!

- What your favorite games are
    I'd count Mario 64 and the 2 'Galaxy' games as what I consider the best platform adventures ever and Elite as probably my personal favourite.

- What systems you collect for
    Not sure I 'collect' but I still play most of my consoles: Speccy, C64 and Amiga being the most prominent.

- What you do in "real life"
    I'm a games developer. Although I've not developed any games that you will have heard of. (Probably).. .

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Interesting facts... interesting facts... erm. I once clocked he Amiga version of Strider to the point where I had to turn it off as the game just couldn't beat me. Is that interesting? Probably not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Andy.

- Where you live: UK.

- How you found the forums: Google.

- What your favorite games are: Portal, Half-Life 2, BioShock, Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

- What systems you collect for: PS2, Gamecube, PC.

- What you do in "real life": Nothing.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: No.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    whyDOTjpg
    PSN
    hypnotize_minds
    Steam
    Arkayoh

Hey guys! I'm new to the collector's scene and am thrilled to have found these forums. Looking forward to some great discussion!

- Where you live: Illinois, United States

- How you found the forums: Good old Google

- What your favorite games are: Too many to list. As far as modern games go, I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series as well as Fallout: New Vegas. I play everything and anything though, so if it's a major release, chances are that I've played it. I also enjoy the MMO scene and dabble in one or two at any given time.

- What systems you collect for: Atari Jaguar, Genesis/SegaCD/32x, Dreamcast, Saturn, and PS1. I'm also interested in breaking into 3DO and CD-i collecting.

- What you do in "real life": Own and operate a small business. Outside of gaming I enjoy golf and watching sports.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Retroquest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!!

Im Eli from Retro Quest

I have a retro gaming Blog and I sell Reproductions.

I been working real hard to release some new products.

some of my products include:

Snes Replacement Shells
    Mini Arcades with Retro games
    Reproduction games

and Im working to release a new SNES homebrew multicart.

I hope I can grow and release more new products and specially new games. My goal is release 2 new SNES games a year.

I only collect SNES, I love it and is my favorite console!!

Thats about it.

my website is Retro Quest - Snes Reproductionsif you are all on facebook, my facebook is http://fb.com/retroquestI was refered to sign up here by Tanookie from NA
    Gaming Since 1988

Snes Reproductions

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ArcadiaExeter
    PSN
    ArcadiaExeter
    Steam
    ArcadiaExeter

Ive been lurking around for a few days now and only now noticed the intro thread

hello, My names Brian. I'm from NJ by way of MA. I happened upon the digitalpress website while searching for videogame stuff here in NJ and that lead me to these forums. I love it here. i used to be a devote forum goer but its been years since ive found one i felt i could stick with.

i just recently decided to start collecting videogames. I have loved them my whole life starting when i was 5 and my grandmother bought me my first NES. I finally decided i wanted to start collecting consoles and games when i realized that some day consoles are going to be as arcade machines are now. hard to find and a novelty to have in the home. since i didnt grow up in the old school arcades my nostalgia lies with consoles (although i do think about getting a stand-up machines now and again). right now i have a 2600, genesis 2, NES, WII, PS3, and 360. im also lucky enough to have a TV that can have all of them hooked up at once.

another thing that lead me to start wantign the old consoles was the fact that i work in an electronics test lab. we test microchips and such and i have access to everything i would need to repair and refurb old systems. now i just need to teach myself how to :P

outside of videogames I'm a huge LOBO (from DC Comics) collector. I like to think i have the biggest LOBO collection in the world (i am basing that on nothing except the fact of 'who the hell collects only Lobo stuff" :P) and i was lucky enough to be in Digital Press when i heard someone mention they had the Lobo Video game from the Genesis that was never released. I snatched it up as soon as i got bakc to the counter.

anyway, thats way too much about me and i hope to be around here for a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon. I'm 24 years old and live in St. Louis MO (If you live in or near the area feel free to hit e up). I'm unemployed ATM due to being laid off but I worked in the IT field from held desk to network administration. I also play fighting games competitively but that has been going slow due to em being unable to travel...because I dont have a job at the moment. So I just play locally. My main games are Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012.

I've been playing games since I was 3. My first console was NES and first games were SMB/Duck Hunt and Batman. In time I got SNES and Genesis. My mom eventually sold my NES and all the games...which were ALL in boxes and good shape to get me a N64 and Saturn. In time also ended up selling my older consoles for a PS3, 360, and Wii. Why? Because I had emulators. But as time went on....playing emulators just didnt feel the same. Not even playing them on Wii's VC was the same. I started to regret getting rid of my older games

So now here I am. Picking up the broken gaming pieces of my childhood and rebuilding. But now I have complete control over what I own. My collection of course is small for now but grows every week. But I'm not just doing this to collect. I'm also doing it, to play the games. I missed out on a lot of games and haven't played many in years. So its a mixture of playing and collecting. I've starting with NES and SNES games and will soon be going onto Genesis and so forth. I look forward to this because there's so much to get and so much I haven't played. I'm really excited honestly! I've got a LONG adventure ahead of me. Hm....maybe starting over wasn't so bad after all.
    Last edited by Koga316; 11-14-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all! I haven't been here in quite some time, so I thought I should reintroduce myself. I'm Retroguy. I got an NES for Christmas when I was four years old and I've been a gamer ever since. Now, I'm a collector. I've been collecting seriously for about two years now. I started by focusing on hardware, but now that I've got all but three of the systems I want (I'm still missing the Vectrex, the Sega CD and the Turboduo), I'm starting to focus on games. My favorite systems are the NES, Atari 2600, TurboGrafX 16, Sega Game Gear, N64 and Sega Saturn.

I am autistic, but don't let that fool you. I'm pretty intelligent. I live in The Middle Of Nowhere, NC, so I usually do all my game shopping online (although there is one game store nearby that has tons of Nintendo stuff). See ya around!
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChrisNGibbs87

Hello everyone! I'm ChrisNGibbs! I've been a gamer all of my life. The number the of games I own are too many to list off on the top of my head. I don't live around any gamers that take what they do seriously. So I came looking for a forum. The consoles I own are:

Playstation 1,2,3
    Xbox, XBox360
    Sega Dreamcast,
    NES, SNES, N64

It'll eventually get bigger over time. My favorite video games are:

StarTropics (NES)
    Star Fox (SNES)
    Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
    Deus Ex (PC)
    Forever Kingdom (PS2)

My hobbies are writing, collecting, pin-ups (yeah, I make that a hobby) and photography. Unfortunately, I don't have a thousand and one hobbies. As a paying job I work as a sales associate at Brookestone in a mall in St. Louis. I'm also a freelance journalist who focuses mostly on video games. Since I've graduated college in May review every game I try collect, both text and video reviews. I have started to take collecting seriously in my last semister in college.

They can be found on my blog:

ChristopherGibbs.wordpress.com

and

YouTube.com/user/KentrichErvonia
    Last edited by ChrisNGibbs; 11-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: David

Live: In the Highlands of Scotland

Site Found: On Google

Favourite Games: Final Fantasy 7, Zelda alttp, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Alex Kidd, Street Fighter, Call of Duty, GTA....

Collecting For: NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive, PS1,2, Xbox, Gameboy, Nintendo DS......

What I Do: Work for my Family Business

After having several chats with friends about old games we used to have and love, one day i thought to hell with it i am going to buy all these games again and relive the past.

Yeeha, Jester's Dead! RhetroAktive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    RhetroAktive

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site but been a lurker for a long time. I have been gaming ever since I was 5 when my family got the Atari 2600 and from there it got me hooked to video games. I went through a chain of game systems growing up like the Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, Texas Instruments TI-99, NES, etc. I have always collected video games and consoles but just recently got into it seriously. I have heard nothing but good things about this site and the community, so I decided to become apart of it. I hope to meet some cool people and enjoy my time here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello there.

I'm turboswimbz, break that up however you will. It doesn't bother me any way you type it. I'm from NJ, been playing since bonk's adventure when I was 3. I am a huge Turbografx-16 and PC Engine player/fan/collector. I have many Nintendo systems though although I do not really collect for them at this time; just a pure player. However I did just started collecting and playing Sega systems as well. (got a genesis and some games) I am slowly getting more and more into classic games. Found the forums from a couple of other forums and by wandering into the store and needing to know the address to get back. Right now I'm still messing around with higher education, working on a masters and PhD in the sciences. Hope to meet as many of you as possible and talk some retro gaming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tend to be bad at these free form, so I'll just turn it into a Q/A :P

- Who you are
    My name is Brian "Battyone" Taylor, I am a long time computer and console gamer (mostly 5th Gen and older consoles).
    - Where you live
    New Jersey, USA
    - How you found the forums
    I've lurked these forums for a year or two, saw a post on FF7 PC and decided that was my que to join and start discussing.
    - What your favorite games are
    This is a very hard question, I really don't have a favorite game so much as a Hall of Fame. Games that make the hall of fame are ones that have impacted my perception of video gaming forever. A few examples, Doom (first PC game), Quake 2 (the reason I bought a Voodoo 3 back in the day), Super Star Wars (I love star wars, and the game's fun!), Zelda 64 (for taking away hours and hours of my life), Starfox 64 (same), Warcraft 2 (Same), etc. It's like asking what your favorite child is!
    - What systems you collect for
    PC (emphasis on late 90's early 2000's/the 3d Epoch), Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, anything else I can get my hands on that's interesting/odd. Nothing too hardcore.
    - What you do in "real life"
    Systems Administrator
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    My expertise is PC gaming, it was just the number one thing I did, when my parents split and the SNES got lost I discovered emulation (circa 1998) and that just sorta helped solidify my stance as a PC gamer. While nothing beats the original console hooked up to the right kind of television, emulation was a quick and dirty fix that integrated in well with my interest in computers. I built my first gaming rig in 2000 with allowance I saved up over a year, and it's been an obsession ever since. My dream one day is to have precise spec-wise replicas of every IBM pc I've ever owned.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Joe, originally from Connecticut, currently living in NY. I am 26 and very much into collecting video games. I run my own YouTube channel known as Gaming Palooza Empire where I show off a lot of my games and I would love to share it with everyone. I came to this forum by searching for retro gaming forums on google and thankfully, I found this forum...

The consoles I own...

-Sega Genesis
    -Sega 32x
    -Sega Saturn
    -Sega Dreamcast
    -NES
    -NES (2nd model)
    -SNES
    -Gamecube
    -Wii
    -Atari 2600
    -PS1