Page 146 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) UncleRobot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Uncle Robot

Hi,

I'm Neil Carr, part of the Uncle Robot Presents team. I'm from Columbia, MO.

I've been into gaming since my dad brought home Pong, then an atari 2600 (which I still have). I have to say my favorite retro game is Pitfall.

Uncle Robot is a webcomic production company led by my good friend Martin Pope. His current project is 'Vorto the Pirate', a retro sci-fi comic which I hope you'll enjoy. Thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm David. Originally from Michigan but residing in San Francisco CA.
    I'm mostly into 8bit 16bit games. I only have 4 consoles. NES SNES Genesis and PS2. Other than that I enjoy arcades and pinball machines a lot!
    I'm an illustrator for a living. I also enjoy making noise with keyboards and guitars.
    My favorite drink is beer.
    Sometimes I write things at http://brainerdrainer.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh hi!!
    I'm MaxWar, I hang around a few other forums.
    I like fixing and modding old consoles

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Folks!

I am darshie from the bay area; found this forum while looking for some PC Engine info via the usual Google

I am an old school player, started with a Mattel Intellivision, then got a C64, Snes, Genesis, Amiga and a PC. Then once I've landed a job I started to buy all the old console that I just dreamed about while I was young.

The Amiga is what is still in my heart nowadays; had great games and was the first computer where I learned how to program (fist in basic, then in C and then Assembly for 68000); I was dreaming to learn how to program on a console and become a game dev, but it never happened

I do not consider myself a collector, since I buy and sell based on the space available and on the feeling of the moment, regarding a specific platform (I've had them all, or most of them); but probably the truth is that when I hear my wife yelling because I have too many games, I get rid of them

So far I have: A dreamcast, Xbox360, Ps2, Ps3, PSP, PC Engine GT, Saturn, Ipad and an a mac; got rid of my small console collection not too long ago (Snes, Genesis, Mega Cd, Neo geo pocket, Lynx, Gamegear

I spend a good time using emulators, I love to program, and work as sw engineer in a bay area company. Sadly I do not make anything game related, but it is fun to write code. Other than that I love to play guitar, watch good movies (the term "good" is highly relative and personal, I know...to mention something that I like: Lord of the rings trilogy, Blade Runner, Star trek and few others) and listen good music.

I am an RPG lover and an anime addicted, especially if they have mecha, good story and a lot of action; but I enjoy also fantasy, fighting or scifi themed series. I just can't stand things like Orange road and Tenchi muyo and similar But I can watch a movie made by Miyazaki without problems...if it is well done, and has a good story I may enjoy it, no matter which one is the setup.

I hope to find other fellow game lovers, that may want to exchange opinions and talk about games or systems!

See you around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!

My gaming background starts back in 1997 about, when I was five, we were given an NES with Super Mario/Duck Hunt. Afterwards, I got a N64 and played a few games on that. But since I didn't play with the NES anymore my parents gave it away. Same thing when I got a PS2, the N64 went out the door unfortunately. At the same time as the PS2, I ventured into PC gaming for most of high-school. Into college, I got a PS3 last year but recently nostalgia hit me...

A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to relieve some fond childhood memories (gaming wise) and went off to buy a front loading NES like I once had with Super Mario/Duck Hunt. While I'm at it, I thought: "Why not take the opportunity and try to play other games I didn't get the time to play back then?". So I'm going to try myself some Mega Man and original Metal Gear over the holidays.

I also remembered playing Sonic on a babysitter's Sega Genesis. So that will be next up on my list, along with a few other games I'd like to try out.

Throughout the last few weeks as I've been rediscovering 8 and 16-bit gaming, I often landed on these forums through Google searches and the information I found here has always been good! So I thought I'd finally drop by and say Hi, because I'll surely end up having some questions of my own

Hope to see you around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

• Who you are
      I'm Melody. (Hence screenname.)
    • Where you live
      My family and I live in MD between Baltimore and DC.
    • How you found the forums
      My husband and I have been collecting consoles and games for a little over two years now and I always end up on this site when looking up answers to questions. Finally decided to join after having visited for the past year.
    • What your favorite games are
      I'm partial to the Final Fantasy series.
    • What systems you collect for
      So far we have the majority of the 'major' systems back to Atari 2600. We collect for all.
    • What you do in "real life"
      I work for a small nonprofit in DC. As well, I'm a mother and wife. We are a gaming family.
    • Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
      We started collecting so we could play the games from our childhoods. We also wanted our kids to enjoy some of the same games. Another factoid is that my husband and I met on FFXI and marrying in game before we did in real life. So far, it's worked out as we're coming up on our 8th year of marriage next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey:

I'm Marta, from Spain. I have been collecting videogames for real for about 2 years but I've been a player all my life. I have every console from the NES to today (except for the Wii >.<) If I had to choose one among them it would have to be the Dreamcast. I love mainly RPGs, Strategy and Simulation games and Graphic Adventures.
    I still have a lot to learn about videogames and collecting but I'll try to help whenever I can.

See you around~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I'm Elena, I am an ordinary office staff, I engaged in search engine optimization work, and I hope I can strive to dotheir share of things. I have a comfortable living environment, so that they can ease the work pressure. Spare time outside of work, I like to play games, or watch a video of the game, I understand the game, including WoW, Dota, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Diablo 3, Darkfall. I'm honored to join the Forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I am Lacey

I am Lacey Star! I live in Fl with my husband and our daughter Atari! <3
    my husband has been on this forum for a while and i just have had the
    time to get into it my favorite systems are the 64, snes and genesis.
    Right now i love starfox but my most favorite game is Adventure Island.
    I love to watch the game chasers, they are a group of guys from Texas
    that collect retro games and systems and have some pretty rare finds &
    get some great deals! you can check them out on youtube, their channel is captain8bit
    the found a copy of Flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak at a game store for $5.

in real life.... I do everything. i am a stay at home mom and a photographer
    on the side. we play video games, collect pinball machines and stand up arcades.
    anyway... i plan to be on here often and share my awesome finds and sweet colletions <3

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default LOAD "hairymunky"

>.......
    >0:OK
    >RUN

Hi, I'm Hairymunky! I live in Ayrshire, Scotland (the home of Gowf [golf], and Rabbie Burns, and the Amiga 600 was built here). I don't play games, or at least I have the attention span of a fish. I am more interested in the technology behind the machines (especially 8-bit home computers). I love taking old machines that don't work, or are in a poorly state, and breathing new life back into them. I come here today, because Im thinking of getting a Philips Videopac that doesn't work. The fact there is a restoration forum, makes me happy - I like to restore these old machines! Think I may be here a while. I also have a collection of home computers (mainly from here, in the UK and the 80s), that I remember from being a teenager, and some consoles (megadrive, GC, Xbox, PS-1, VideoPrinz). Anyway, that's enough rabbiting on from me.... Bye folks.

>0:OK
    >CLS
    >NEW

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Texas
    Searching for information relevant to retro gaming
    SMT, Starflight
    SNES,SG,PSX,PS2
    When they need me I work.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Rachael!
    I live in Australia and like to collect Nintendo games and stuff. I have been collecting for about 3 years.
    My favourite games are the usual Mario and Pokemon games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    My name is John. But please do not hesitate to call me James! Currently I live in Barcelona where I study EE. I like cheesy and sobadthattheyaregood games. Y'know that genre. I collect games for the PSX/PS2/Dreamcast/Genesis/Gameboy.

And when I'm not occupied with gaming or collecting, I enjoy the great city and try to learn Espaņol.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Namakubi86

Whaddup everybody, my name is Zach. I live in Seattle WA. Rather than go through every system I do collect for, I guess it's easier to say the only major systems I DON'T collect for are the Saturn and the Turbografix / PC-Engine. Pretty much everything else, be it Nintendo, Sony or Sega I play and collect. Favorite system is easily the Super Nintendo as it's the first system I bought with my own money when I was eight years old, but I'd been playing games before that since growing up my dad owned an Intellivision and I would regularly visit Showbiz Pizza Place with my mom.

I also run a Tumblr account where I do artwork in Mario Paint. And I'll make special mention that this is all done on the actual hardware, and with an SNES mouse and mousepad, no cheating here! Check it out, it'd mean a lot to me: http://mariopaintart.tumblr.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Bill.
    I live an hour west of Chicago.
    I am an assistant manager at a warehouse.

I've always had video games growing up but didn't start collecting until about 2 years ago when on a whim I bought a boxed NES action set off Craigslist and the guy also dugout a Fairchild he had in his closet since he was a kid.

Now I collect just about everything that I can get for cheap. Most of my purchases are off craigslist, goodwill, or flea markets. I grew up watching Antiques Roadshow with my grandma and going to garage sales and flea markets and options and I find the hunt for video games to be just as fun as playing them. I recently bought a collection off of craigslist for $900 and have pretty much doubled the size of my collection to around 1500 games and 80 systems. I'm pretty much at my maximum allowance for space so I will need to downsize and focus my collection before I buy more.

I am lucky to have my brother live across the street and have always played a lot of co op and 2 player games with him ever since childhood. Mario Kart, Goldeneye, contra, north and south, and MULE Being some of our favorites.

I love all of the conventional Nintendo classics as well as games such as Eternal darkness, animal crossings, Golden Sun, Shadow of the Colossus, adventure, surround, Bioshock and World of Warcraft.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CloudGT4
    Steam
    CloudGT4

Default Hello.

Hello, I am Michael from Ronks, Pennsylvania.

My favorite games are Uncharted Waters, PTO II, and Iron Soldier. The first two for SNES, and the last for Jaguar. I collect the NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, and Saturn systems, and games thus far. I have many more I want to dive into someday. I am only interested in collecting the US Release Games. The whole import scene don't interest me to much, though they have some great games.

I am a Cook irl, and enjoy my job. I cook at the Penn National Off Track Wagering in Lancaster PA.

I began collection because I miss the value, and challenge of the retro games. All the 360, and PS games now a days are incomplete, have no depth or challenge, and just take too much money to actually get a full game experiance out of with all these DLC's, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think after 5 or so years of being gone I should introduce myself again

Im Jason, 29 yrs old from NJ.

My big interest is Atari 8 bit systems games and accessories. My first system was an atari XEGS back in 1987. Then progressed into nintendo and on up. Back in my collecting days in the early 2000s i had a huge collection of any and all systems you can think of. Over time I sold off items and cleared out many collections I had and bought a classic car. But now I focus on my original system that got me started with my video game hobby. Perhaps one day Ill dabble back into the SNES area.

I work Full time as an EMT-B for a paid company in NJ and also volunteer 2 days a week on my local down squad.
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I'm Brian. I like to collect and repair vintage computers. I love retro games and grew up with NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, Win95 PC and an Apple IIGS. I host a youtube channel where I show some old computers and play old games, many obscure lesser known ones. If this tickles your fancy, check it out:My Channel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi, i'm a italian collector of snes games... i'm searching some good tutorial to make custom cart.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Name is Jeff.

I collect NES , SNES , PS1 systems and consoles.