Page 149 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

I miss Cartoon Orbit! Drclaw411's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drclaw411
    PSN
    Drclaw411

Default i guess i may as well...

Hello everyone. I may know some of you if you're on Cheap Ass Gamer or Smash World Forums. I'm a long time member on both, and i'm especially active on CAG. I found this site by googling for Outback Joey (I am big time trying to track down a copy of Outback Joey, either loose or with the Heartbeat Personal Trainer. A tall task, I know). I found two users on this website who had posted about owning copies. I pm'd both of them, one had sold his and the other hasn't responded.

In the mean time, I figured I may as well enjoy the site. I love gaming and i'm also a collector. My favorite games of all time are...well, I started typing a list but I couldnt narrow it down lol. IRL im a huge sports fan (both playing and watching). Bulls, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bears. I'd post more about myself but i'm about to head out the door. Hopefully I'll be a member here for a good long time. Who knows, maybe i'll even find a Joey.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Hello. I stumbled across this site by accident looking for certain retro mags. My name is Walter and I am in the southeast U.S.. Currently, I work at home and when I goof off I like to surf for pop culture tidbits from my youth.
    My gaming goes way back to the beginning of the '80s with the Invellivision. I was a constant arcader back then as well. I have played almost every system up to the Xbox 360. I'm not to interested in the newest systems so if I post it will most likely have to do with the older game systems and computers.
    At the moment my interest is mainly in emulated Amiga and ST games and applications.
    Besides gaming I have started collecting the toys I grew up with again as well. Currently, I'm working on Masters of the Universe and a few other '80s lines. I would also like to get ahold of a few game related toy collectables from that time as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live

I am Matt D
    I Live in Bakersfield California
    My Favorite game would be the Ninja Gaiden Series on the Nes , also Paper Mario's.
    I collect for the Gamecube as of recently.
    I am an Electrician
    Collecting is fun but it's getting pricey , so as of late I am sticking with Ever Drives.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh no, I just saw this. Sorry Ive been posting before saying hello in here

Hello DP!

If you havent seen my posts yet, I hope you havent judged me too much from the school yard fighting in the VGA thread. I have since been posting mainly one liners in other threads, and talking about the XBO in the modern gaming threads.

My first console was a NES, and well, Im havent looked back much, the only console from the 80's that interests me is really THE VECTREX!, but I cant find one, let alone games for it.

- Who you are
    My name is Jake, the M may be my Middle initial or last name hehe.
    I found it through Hardcore Gaming 101 searching.
    JRPGs,Shoot Em Ups, platformers
    Mainly PS1 and SNES, the golden age to me.
    I have no job right now, but maybe in a few months Ill get a really good job with my roomate.
    I can sing really well in the shower, but no one believes me after I sing infront of them.
    Last edited by JakeM; 06-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Gamer, collector, composer, husband and dad (that order changes daily!)
    - In Seoul currently, but am from the UK.
    - While searching for "rare games" with Google, this forum came up. Too good not to join...
    - My great addiction is to the Unreal series (I have all official releases) and general action/shooters for playing. For collecting, anything cool.
    - I am a PC-only guy...old school, I suppose.
    - I am an English professor and hobbyist composer for film, TV and games.
    - Unreal got me fully hooked on the genre I love today (Wolf 3D was pretty influential as well), but I have always been a gamer. First computer was a VIC-20 in '81~82.

Glad to be here among like-minded individuals and thanks to the hosts for providing a forum for us to gather.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to be a member here back in 2007 but my computer busted. Now I've got a new one and, considering the good times I had here, I've come back.

I'm 26, live in Illinois, and enjoy games from the late 90's-early 2000's.

Insert Coin (Level 0) animus222's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, all!

My name is Tyler and I'm living in Ohio. I'm 25 (soon to be 26) and have been gaming since the age of 4. I currently have 3 part-time jobs (janitor, online English instructor, and Japanese translator/English proofreader). I lived in Japan for 3 years, and as such have had amazing access to Japan-exclusive games and have also been able to play some games before some of my friends back here in the US! I'll be moving to Michigan in a few weeks to begin my PhD graduate work at MSU, where I will also be a teaching assistant.

I'll never forget my first foray into gaming---I was at a department store (Sears, if my memory serves me) with my parents in 1991, and we happened to pass by the electronics section. They had a Sega Genesis on display with Sonic the Hedgehog playable. I walked up to the display, picked up the controller, and fell in love. I pleaded for my parents to allow me to take that magical device home, but they told me that I would have to wait for Santa to bring it later that year, provided I was a good little boy of course. Sure enough, later that very year I got the Sega Genesis with Sonic for Christmas, and ever since then I have been obsessed with all things Sonic and Sega. I of course branched out to many other systems/games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc.), and I LOVE games in general and still play games on all different kinds of systems, but I still consider myself a Sega guy.

I stumbled upon this site many, many years ago when looking for lists of best games for various systems, but was recently encouraged to join the site by a person with whom I have done a little business on eBay. It seems like just the place for a guy like me; a place where a (classic) gamer can interact with others like him/her, find games for which one has been searching, etc. I'm actually looking forward to using the site to sell some of my games and systems to help with grad school expenses (and of course pay for other games/systems! ). I guess I'll head on over to the buying and selling section and see what's up!

I'm looking forward to being part of what looks to be an awesome community!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

My name is Rick and I'm living in the north Delaware, southeastern Pennsylvania area. I've stumbled upon these forums as I am trying to repair a strange issue I am having with my SNES that I have not been able to find anywhere else.

I would have to say some of my favorite games are Half-Life series, Portal 1 & 2, Sonic on the Genesis, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. There's a lot, but that's to just name a few. I feel like I could keep going since there are many I seem to hold in the same high regard as others.

I guess at this point I am collecting for every system I currently own, bit by bit, game by game, so that would be: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, GameCube, Wii, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, DS and of course, the Windows PC.

In real life I am IT support for the Chemistry and Biochemistry department of a sizeable University. A lot of it is fixing broken Windows PC, advising on new Mac laptops, and administrating multiple Linux servers and Linux computational clusters.

I think I've only truly began moderately collecting recently. After finding some time in between fixing my car, no longer being addicted to an MMORPG, and settling down at a new job, one of my friends showed me this new-ish store that opened up in the old Borders building called 2nd and Charles. There's a lot of crappy sports games on their shelves, but if you ask to see anything before the have sorted it and put it out, you might find a few treasures.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shinobi Gamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! Old school video game fan here, from Colorado. As a kid in the '80s I became a big video game fan, whether at the arcade or playing my first console, the NES. My favorite console of all time is the SNES, the very heart of my nostalgic gaming memories. I also love to play Sega Genesis, Master System, Dreamcast, Xbox 360 and my beloved Atari 2600.

Nice to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello new to the forum...

- Name is Johnathan, I'm 27
    - I live in Stony Plain, AB just west of Edmonton
    - Found the forum thru a link in a thread at another forum
    - What systems you collect for? Colecovision, NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Playstation 2 Playstation 3, Wii, Xbox 360
    - What you do in "real life"? I am CSR/Delivery Driver for a linen & mat company
    - Have been collecting my systems for a years years now

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default S'up

Hey y'all

Nothing much to me, but alot at the same time.

Cliché but massive Zelda, Mario and Street Fighter fan.

Oh and london is where I hail from.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Miss Gloom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    littlemissgloom

Hiya. I'm Little Miss Gloom, from Canada. I forget how I found the forums.

I have too many favourite games to list, but my top five in no real order are A Link to the Past, Vandal Hearts, The Simpsons arcade game, Double Dragon II, and Karnov.

Used to be a huge collector; got rid of a lot of stuff due to lack of space and feeling overwhelmed every time I wanted to play a game. But I own the most games for Nintendo, with Super Nintendo close behind.

I'm a recent college graduate; am also a novelist and freelance deadbeat. I cannot stand modern technology, I love horror movies, and I listen to more game soundtracks than I do "real" music.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Garrett and I am from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Someone on NintendoAge posted a link to a video of Jeff Cooper's collection and in that video he mentioned Digital Press. I checked it out after watching and this is how I found the forum.

I collect primarily for the SNES, but in pursuing that collection I have acquired items for NES, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube and Gameboy. For the most part I now look for any good deals I can get through thrift stores, yard sales, etc. My lofty goal is to have a complete set for the SNES, cartridge only. So at this time I am really trying to get as many games as I can without a specific focus on particular titles.

I have always "collected" in that I have kept or reacquired every system I have had growing up along with a core set of games. I got more serious after I found some good deals on Craigslist and was able to find games that I hadn't played in years.

Although I am new here, I am also on NintendoAge, with the same tag, and I am on ebay as garrences.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SuperGuitarDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello all

Name is Michael and I'm an Internet Marketer who knows video games more than the average person. I started working on my own website lately and will hopefully bring in classic and modern players alike to share their nostalgia with everyone. I'm not a big fan of modern games, mostly because they feel too realistic for my tastes.

Well, that is all for now. I'll see you around.
    Last edited by SuperGuitarDude; 07-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    http://www.gamingorigins.com/

The place to talk about your gaming past.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice to meet all of you

My names Lesley, have been gaming my entire life since the original Atari. Just started to get back into classic gaming again.

I have a green apple N64, a retro duo, a neo geo x, and a Japanese sega saturn.

My favorite is my jap sega saturn (white).

Games I play: not to many, but what I enjoy I really enjoy.

Super Mario all-stars, Mario 64, Mega Man 3, sakura wars, lunar, lunar 2, Zelda ocarina and Zelda 2 I play occasionally, final fantasy 5 original s fami cart, garou mark of the wolves, ninja master.

Very much a fan of the saturn and n64. Not a real big fan of the neo geo or snes-nes. Mostly, just certain games I enjoy. Amazing systems though. Was an avid snes collector as a kid, but just played way too many snes games to hold my attention these days.

Looking for a lunar 2 text translation for the saturn. Not a patch, like a printed text translation like the one for sakura wars.

Have to pick up a jap playstation when I can. Have a copy of ff8 jap. But not in any rush.

I'll most likely be typing from my mobile, just FYI. So the sentences may be short like this, but always respectful.

Look forward to reading the posts and talking to all of you.

Lesley

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,
    Name's Packrat.
    I've been a console collector for years now, and have recently expanded into vintage arcade cabinets...so w00t. (First one, Centipede!!!, screen is wonky, so it must be replaced, but hey at least it works!)
    Real life = Programmer
    Live: Wandering about the mid-atlantic.
    Started collecting with my first systems as a child.

Anywho, I'll tell you a little about my consoles, most of them I've owned since I was a child.
    Right now I have a CV, w/atari 2600 adapter, a 7800, (currently looking for a 5200, for which I have about 15 games someone gave me waaay back in the day), a lynx, a game gear, a gameboy, a gameboy color, a gb adv, a DS, 2ps1's, 2 ps2's, (i lost my n64's with all the moving I've done), a wii, and that's all I can think of at the moment.
    The 7800's power supply died back in the early 90's, and the coleco spent the last 15 years in storage. Yes I am getting the garbled picture mess on the CV, and will do the switch mod next week.
    Soooo anyway Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself n what not, as you will be seeing me around.

:-)
    Rat

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Hi everyone!

This is Alpha2099, or you can call me Nick if you wish. I've been a pretty big gamer since my early childhood, and while I can't keep up with the growing cost of games and consoles, I still play the oldies and I love them dearly.

My first gaming came with a Game Boy (black and white variety) in 1997. A year later, my family bought a PS1 which got a lot of use. Eventually I upgraded to a Game Boy Color and GBA, as well as a PS2. That's pretty much where it stopped being affordable. And through it all, I've been a big PC gamer as well.

The emulation community has enabled me to discover a lot of the old classics from the arcades, NES, Master System, and so on. In fact, at this moment I'm playing through Dragon Warrior IV.

Rather than make this an essay post, I'll leave it here. I hope to converse with a lot of you on the forum, and if you want to know what kind of games I like, send me a message.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone!

My name is Dennis and I currently live in Pennsylvania, but my wife and I are looking to relocate to the Seattle area in the near future.

I currently work for Starbucks (for benefits) while I finishing up some education to pursue a career in 3D animation.

I am currently working on collecting all of the U.S. titles for the Sega Saturn. I am somewhere around 100 Complete In Box titles (getting close to the half way point!) and am looking to get some more of the higher end titles in the near future. Aside from a few consoles I grew up with, I haven't really gotten into collecting until about 6 months ago. Since then I have acquired a lot of my friends games/systems, and purchased a lot through ebay. Even though I am focusing on Sega Saturn games I am always looking to expand my collection any way I can.

My current console collection consists of: NES (front load and top load), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, GBC, GBP, GBA, GBA SP, Sega Genesis Model 1+2 Sega CD (the one that sits on the side of the console), 32x, Sega Saturn (model 1+2), Dreamcast, Game Gear, Sega Nomad, PS1 (original model), PS2 slim, PS3, PSP 3000, Xbox, Xbox 360, and a TurboGrafx 16

I also have somewhere around 600+ games in my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello, New Guy Here!

Hey, I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself by asking a question. Why Can't I post anything yet? Are they really asking us to introduce ourselves, then wait a while, THEN be able to reply to someone else? I was looking, and it seems like the only thing I can do right now is edit my non-existent posts, that I can't seem to put anywhere else. Okay, rant over.

I'm into retro gaming, and I believe cartridges should make a comeback, because with the exception of Super Mario Bros. 3, all my NES carts still work from when I got them new. How many disk systems can say the same thing? Lately, I seem to be buying more Famicom stuff then NES stuff. Just working out that way, I guess. I'm trying to collect as many different versions of The Legend Of Zelda as possible. Not the series, but the original game. I have both the Famicom & NES carts, a virtual version on my Wii, and a Gamecube 'Zelda Collection', which is the only way I'm going to get Link's Adventure anytime soon. Next up is the Famicom Disk Version. I got a Twin Famicom last year, just to play that, and a copy of Doki Doki Panic (also known as what they hacked to make Super Mario Bros. 2) that I have, and enjoy more than the US version of the game. I've got a 41 in 1 and a 31 in 1 Famicom multicart, so if anyone has a multicart for ANY system, let me know, and depending on the games, I might take it off your hands!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone

My name is Shaveed

I'm from Trinidad and Tobago

I was looking for an alternative to buy retro games for my collection and a search led me here.

Fav games are Punch Out[Nes] Tekken Tag [PS2] Tomb Raider[PS3] Street Fighter 2[Snes] and Zelda [Gameboy]

I currently collect NES/SNES/GAMEBOY/GAME GEAR/MASTER SYSTEM/GENESIS/SEGA CD/SEGA 32X/SEGA SATURN/PLAYSTSTION 1,2 & 3

I work for the local telecom company TSTT and currently do Fiber Optic Splicing.

Pretty much into Comics/Gaming and Action Figures. Been collecting for about 13years now.
    Interested in teh NEO GEO MVS system but prices have kept me away but I've learned that Ebay isnt the best place to look to begin such a collection.
    Hopefully I can start that collection here.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow like minded enthusiasts!