Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Known as Geoff Voigt, the guy responsible for the Fri. night Beer n' Gaming parties for CGE 2000 and 2001, and attempting to get SC3 off life support.

- Where you live

San Gabriel, CA

- How you found the forums
    Joe S. Prodded *ZAAP* (Ouch!) Me *ZAAP!* to Joing the DP Forums this morning *ZAAP!*

- What your favorite games are
    Jumpman, Archon, Super Pac-Man, Q*Bert, Robotron, Tempest, Super Metroid, and the latest good FPS.

- What systems you collect for
    Lots and Lots. Focusing on 2600, C64, Inty, and DC

- What you do in "real life"
    Art Student in LA

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Working on intergrating video games and Art. Recently found out its never too late to go after dreams.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Rich from Indiana.
    I found the forums at work because there is nothing else to do here
    Some of my favorite games are Link to the Past, Contra, Halo, and Dark Age of Camelot.
    I collect for all Nintendo, PS2, DC, X-Box, and probably some that I am forgetting. I mainly collect for NES though.
    I work and am a student (at least when I leave my room).
    I'm one of those game store employees that yanks the valuable game off the shelf and buys it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Gaijin Punch
    - Where you live.
    Tokyo, Japan
    - How you found the forums.
    Referred by Max Lords and Geelw - two guys I've known for a while.
    - What your favorite games are.
    Ugh... uh... man, don't have the energy right now. I like 2d platformers the best, but am up for anything that's made well.
    - What systems you collect for.
    Don't collect much as it were, but I'll go for anything.
    - What you do in "real life".
    Systems Engineer - my group was recently fired and went with roughly half that group to form a new company.
    Interesting facts?
    I run http://www.classicgaming.com/japangaming which geelw has generously contributed to. I let it go unupdated for a long time, but am back into it now - if you've got a chance, swing by and check it out.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Killemall1057

My name is Brian, im 15,from Pennslyvania, will be a sophmore in September. Mostly play Playstation/Playstation 2 , but will occasionally play the classics.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    José Maurício de Faria Yoshitake
    - Where you live
    São Paulo/Brasil
    Browsing the internerd. (internet)
    Turtles! (in the first place.)
    And a hundred others...
    Odyssey2,Odyssey3,2600,Intellivision,NES,SNES,PSX
    Java Developing
    I begun collecting when I started my professional carreer = $...,
    but I'm still a gamer. I collect just to have the classics at hand to play anytime.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Hey, I'm Shane (aka, Odin or Odie as some like to call me)... I'm 22 and reside in Ontario, Canada...

Somebody posted a link to here on another site (it was to one of the collection pics they had submitted)...

Well, I have many. I'm a big RPG fan. That's mostly all I play from the newer consoles... with the exception of great stuff like GTA: VC and Dynasty Warriors. I like a wide range of stuff from older systems, though.

I'm not a hardcore collector like other people. I just tend to buy games that I'd like to play. Due to the fact I have a hard time parting with any game I own, I ended up with a collection spawning hundreds of games. The systems I have numerous games for are PSX, SNES, NES, and DC.

I wander aimlessly as I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. Yeah, currently working jobs that suck, but it's all good...

I started collecting games, 'cause I have the urge to blow my money on something... and why not games? Well, I have a love for gaming, so like, yeah... >_>

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

- Who you are
    I can't say, I might have to kill you.

- Where you live
    New York, NY

Searching for CDX troubleshooting pages

PSO, Animal crossing, Berzerk, Shanghai Mini.

Ohhh man... Everything Nintendo, Everything Sega, Atari 2600, TG16, Ps1 & 2, Neogeo Pocket, Colecovision.

Graphic Designer

I began Collecting as soon as I was able to buy my own games, even more now with jobs, spend most my days looking at game stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My real name is Alastair and I’m 25 years-old

- Where you live
    Close to Birmingham in the UK

Just though my usual trawls of the net looking for Console stuff. Wasn’t hard to miss. I've actually been a lurker for quite a while. Also post at ASSEMbler quite a bit.

Halo (I am not ashamed), Streets of Rage series, Bubble Bobble (and it’s sequels to a lesser extent), The New Zealand Story, Tetris…

Focusing mainly on the Sega 8/16bit era though I do plan to branch out at some point. I have a few other non-Sega systems but they’re really only because I got them free somehow or had them and never sold them

Web Devloper

Just your usual Nostalgia trip. I was a little disenchanted with the current crop of games and had stopped playing for quite a while. Then one day I decided to get a cheap MegaDrive from eBay and the rest is, as they say, history and a large dent in my savings. My own current (small in the case of many here) collection can be seen here – http://www28.brinkster.com/ahconsoles/ - bare with the site though as it is a free space one.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who am I?
    I'm Elissa and I'm 19

- Where do I live?
    That's classified =p

- How'd you find the forum?
    From Kevin, aka Ubersaurus :3

- Favorite Games?
    Oh I have tons: Resident Evil 0, Galerians, Final Fantasy 7,9 and 10, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Jet Grind Radio, Legend of Zelda, The Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Eternal Darkness, Parodius 3, Kirby Superstar, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Soul Calibur II, Maniac Mansion, Castlevania IV, Mr. Driller, Shinobi, Donkey Kong Country, Spy vs. Spy, Primal, Wipeout XL, Metal Gear Solid, Bust a Groove, Super Smash Bros. Melee.. and probably a bunch of others that I can't remember =p

- Systems?
    Well, I only have a Playstation, Playstation 2, GBA and Gamecube.. Unless you include the NES and SNES emulators. o,o

-"Real Life?"
    Nothing really.. I lost my job back in February and I haven't had luck finding a new one since. I go back to school at the end of August.

Nostalgia trip. *nods sternly* Was missing the classic Zelda, had no idea what I was doing when I played it.. lol. =p Mind you I was like 7-8 years old.. Since then, I've always loved video games. <3 Nothing else really interesting..

And that about sums it up for me! Holau to all!
    Smile. It confuses people.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who loves ya, El?
    Only Heroes Live Forever.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Alex I am 17 years old living in British Columbia (that is in Canada). I am only a student in High School hope to eventually create computer or console games. I am not a big colector more likely a player. I have experience in 3 consoles, PC and online games (espically Runescape and online arcade, and NES emulators).I have an NES and 4 games
    2 standard NES controlers 1 NES Advantage and 2 quickshot joysticks for the NES don't know if the NES works though. When I get a job I will probily start collecting games. My favorite game is Starcraft for the PC. I am a mom a Dad and a Brother (he also plays games his favorite game is The Sims).That is all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    - Where you live
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting

-Jon Lustig, 16 years old
    -Forest Hills,Queens in the city that never sleeps.
    -I found these forums by the way of neo-geo.com where I regularly post
    -My favorite games would have to be either the metal slug series , Super Mario Bros., Command and Conquer or Xenogears
    -Right now im trying to collect for the neo geo home system, dreamcast and sega genesis although occasionally I get games for other systems. I have about 15 systems ranging from an nes to the ps2 and even the ngpc and ngh
    - In "real life" I am a High School Student
    - My Grandparents first bought me an snes at the age of 5 and its been bliss every since. My parents always blame them for my obsessive gaming habits heh

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Mark (atomicthumbs)! I live in La Crosse, Wisconsin! Yay! I found this forum from finding out how to submit my Room of Doom (which I will in a week or two). I have a real problem of liking most everything (or at the least finding redeemable qualities in bad movies and games) which makes making a favorites list nearly impossible. Some of my favorites include (in no order)...

Bionic Commando (NES) (actually, this is the game I enjoy the most)
    Donkey Kong (GB)
    Tenchu (PSX)
    Phoenix (VCS)
    Moon Patrol (TI-99/4A)
    Tomb Raider II (PSX)
    EarthBound (SNES)
    Final Fantasy VI (SNES III version)

Hell, I could go on forever!!!! I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of my favorite games like V-Tetris (VB), Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) and Dragon Warrior (NES). Can't ramble on forever, so I'll continue...

I collect games for all the systems I have, and I'm on the look out from time to time for systems that I don't have and want (which would be all)...
    In real life? Well, I waste away most days at Blockbuster (it's been six long years dealing with the scourge of the civilized world), though I will be going to film school to hopefully make something of myself (I musn't fail. The outcome of failure is too horrible to imagine).

I've been playing video games all my life. I'm only 25, but I've seen and played a lot. My folks had an Atari 2600 and my best friend had a ColecoVision when I was growing up. In 1985, my brother got an NES for christmas (as did most of you). My best friend had a SNES and my other best friend always had anything Sega! Funny... I never owned a system until I was 19 and bought a Sony Playstation. The first game I got for it was Tomb Raider (before the hype). I love that system.

For some reason, I just felt the need to keep collecting. So, gradually, piece by piece, on my own (no parents to buy my xbox), over the last 5 1/2 years, my collection has grown to 29 systems (plus 10 very, very interesting Pong units) and over 1,030 games (everything hooked up to a TV and most split to the 2nd TV). Keep in mind that I also started collecting movies at the same time (I have these two major vices). At the time I started collecting games, I started collecting movies. I now have over 900 vhs and over 150 dvds. Needless to say, it's not easy or cheap collecting both games and movies. I must say, for not being rich or even that well off ( I work at a freaking video store), that this isn't bad for a relative upstart kid with a bad habit of collecting and a love of games!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey I'm Chromizone ( Chrom or Chromi for short )

I'm fourteen and absolutly love classic video games.
    with an impressive collection of video games ( more then 800 ) and a system count of ( drum roll please ) 50. I can say I'm doing okay for only a year and a half's worth of seriously collecting

I'm from the GTA ( greater toronto area ) and proud of it!

my holy grail find is a : BOXED ntsc master builder cart for atari 2600 ( its a rairity 8 )

My favourite system... : (as of right now) sega dream cast ( sega cd a close second )

what I do in real life? : I'm going into second year high school ( and lovin every minute of it! )

how I found this site? : through people on atariage ( but I waited almost a year to sign up here )

coolest system I own : a coleco gemini ( I have rairer stuff but love that little coleco clone! )

systems I collect for? : to many to list! I have TONS and I'm on the prowl for a vextrex among other rarer systems ( it never ends! )

I'm am currently a member on these other gaming related pages
    www.cgcc.ca
    and www.atariage.com

looking forward to seeing you all around in the forums and getting to know all of you.
    lost inside my own mind, trying to survive, looking for a way to stay alive... -Chromizone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are

THE MANIMAL

- Where you live

OHIO

WEB BROWSER

MEGA MAN III (NES), DOUBLE DRAGON (ARCADE), ARCADE GOLF (ATARI 2600)

NES, GAME BOY (ALL VERSIONS), SUPER NES, GENESIS...I HAVE A SEARS TELE-GAMES (ATARI 2600 CLONE) BUT I DO NOT COLLECT FOR IT, A N64 BUT I HAVE NO GAMES, AND SOME PLAYSTATION GAMES THOUGH I NEVER BOUGHT THE SYSTEM.

COLLEGE GRADUATE SCOOPING FOOD ON PLATES, WASHING DISHES, AND MOVING PEOPLE IN WHEELCHAIRS OUT OF MY WAY.

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T DECIDE TO BUY A SYSTEM UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE AND GAMES AREN'T AVAILABLE ANYMORE.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude you don't always have to use caps. So don't. It's like the number one unwritten rule of forums/chat rooms. No you know.

You are the weakest link! goodbye...

LoL no seriously I'm sorry to rag on you about that its just annoying.

Glad to see more new members joining and I hope you have a ton of fun.

ciao.
    lost inside my own mind, trying to survive, looking for a way to stay alive... -Chromizone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand that

I have run several boards in my time online.

I on occasion use CAPS and I understand in 'net-speak' it is considered yelling...but in THAT particular case....I was using caps as contrast to the questions.

I do not like using 'quotes' and going through that hassle. Likewise, if someone asked something in all caps, I would reply in lowercase.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Storm Riding my way into yet another Message Board Forums, I hope this place proves to be cool. I already noticed quite a few names in the members list as either droogs or aquaintaines from the Ng.Com scene, thus I guess I'm late to this party. It'll be nice to have yet another home away from home... I tried the Higher Voltage Community and left it... Tried the GameFaq Community and left it. Thus I hope this place rocks. For those who know me already from my Blitzkreiging of the Internet all I'll say is you know what's up with teh MD20XX... and for those not well versed in the Storm Rider

Been gaming a long time now. Since 1984 having owned practically every system ever put out save the Vectrex, FM Towns Marty, GP32, and the Bandai Playdia. Other than that I've owned them (game systems) all at one point or another, though as my "Call Sign" / Handle indicates my true passion is for the Mega Drive / Genesis system that I shall be playing in the year two thousand and (X) something (X) hence MD20XX has arrived!
    "Ride Fast... Fight Hard... Die Free!"
    ---Storm Rider

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello

Who you are
    Joe
    - Where you live
    Greater Boston
    friends

(old) Unreal by far is my favorite game ever,I play it online every day.Also Mortal Kombat 2 + 3, and GTA 3, etc etc etc.
    For the older stuff I mostly like the shooting games like Missle Command.
    All

I am a postal worker

My 1st system was pong in 1979.My parents then bought us an Atari 2600 not long after.
    I began collecting very slow, by simply keeping my old games when I got newer systems.I guess it picked up speed around the time Sega Genesis died
    and many quality games could be found for under $5.I always went to flea markets and knew I could find games there.In 1996 I believe,I got a coleco + 9 games for 50 cents.I played the games and enjoyed them.
    Ever since that score I'd say, I have been a rabid collector.I found a 2600 Ewok Adventure proto at a thrift store.
    Prepare to Qualify...........

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me

Hi!
    I'm Mark and I'm interested in Nintendo stuff(everything).
    I also play drums in two bands:Hardcore and Death Metal.