Page 150 of 164 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Hi im Luiz , i live in London, England.
    i joined this forum in search of a copy of The Simpsons: Bart's House Of Weirdness which i saw listed for sale in a thread, but it had already been sold. I am a collector of Simpsons video games, and am looking to expand my collection and through this website. I am a huge Simpsons fan, NFL fan and all round old school gamer.
    Thanks.
    BTW if anyone has a copy of The Simpsons: Bart's House Of Weirdness, or any other simpsons games i would be very interested in buying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to find this site.

I'm Jesse, and I started gaming with an Apple II and the NES.

I'm a programmer/developer, I still own all my Playstation I games, and I need to reinstall DOSBox on my computer so I can start playing some decent games, dagnamnit!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all

My name's Ben,

I've been on Nintendoage for a few months, so I decided to check out this place after hearing some stuff about it

I'm 17 years old, so I missed out on the NES, SNES, and N64 unfortunately. My first console was a Nintendo DS (My parents hated video games (and still do), so it took them forever to let me get one). Since then, I loved that thing and played it to death. SOon after, I got an Xbox 360 and a Wii, where I discovered the virtual console. Since then, I never liked the feel of playing a game on a digital download, so I decided to pick up a NES, SNES, and N64. Now I collect for mainly NES and SNES, and I hope to collect every game for those systems worth playing.

I hope this site will help me accomplish my goal, and I hope that I'll be staying for a while

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, fellow collectors my name is Tim (prefer to only give out first name) and I joined this site for three main reasons to

1.) to gather knowledge for a "pet project"
    2.) share my experiences with the hobby
    3.) to have fun
    I started collecting when I bought a N64 on whim in 2010, later obtaining NES for free(ill tell that story some other time if anyone is interested) and buying dreamcast back in 2012. I haven't looked back since those events.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Guy

Hello all,
    Glad to part of the forum. Just started collecting and replaying my old games again. Though I have to re-buy them all over again, I don't mind. Currently I own an Atari 5200, SNES, and PS3.

Insert Coin (Level 0) StarMan_NES's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The iconic character from the hit NES game "Pro Wrestling" has finally arrived at Digital Press! Check me out on Twitter @StarMan_NES if you're a hipster and are strong with the tweets.

It's very nice to meet you all.

The Guy Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    shinCD

Default ehhhh, i guess i forgot to introduce myself

yellow, i guess i just randomly stumbled into the forum and saw how many retro-tastic persons are here and thought "i might just fit in" if this thread is is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it to the proper spot

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a thread on here that you might like about "What if Nintendo made new NES cartridges".

In a case like that, cartridges are great because the ROMs needed for a system like that are now cheap. But when a cartridge system is new or cutting-edge, the ROMs are so expensive that it sets huge limitations on space for graphics (and music especially).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can't post stuff? Not aware if the new user posting restrictions have been changed or not, but new users can't post to the buy/sell forums for a week or three after making their account.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello

hello... Old dude here. (1967)
    Dug up some stuff from the basement and found this site while searching for rarity, value etc..
    The digitpress scarcity rating are very useful.

cheers to all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) NeoGeoThai's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Presentation NeoGeoThai from Thailand

Hi everyone , I'm NeoGeoThai , French, but living in Thailand.
    I love retro game consoles , I have a few...here's the list:
    - Wii blue US limited edition
    - PS2 slim black 90006 NTSC-J
    - PS2 ceramic white 77000 NTSC-J + modchip
    - PS2 fat silver 39000 NTSC-J
    - PS2 fat black 39000RC NTSC-J + HDD 160go
    - PS1 7500 NTSC-J
    - PS1 9002 PAL + modchip
    - PSone 103 PAL + modchip
    - 2x Saturn model 2 JAP + modchip
    - Saturn model 1 PAL
    - Saturn model 2 ASIA
    - Saturn model 1 JAP double led
    - Saturn model 2 JAP This is Cool
    - Saturn model 2 JAP Derby Stallion
    - 2x Dreamcast , US and JAP
    - 2x Genesis model 1
    - 3x Megadrive model 2 PAL
    - Megadrive model 2 ASIA
    - Neo Geo AES JAP
    - Neo Geo CD JAP
    - Neo Geo MVS + supergun
    - 2x Super Famicom
    - Super Nintendo + switch frequence
    - PCEngine Core Grafx II
    - NES ASIA
    - Famiclone
    - Gopher (Handheld Megadrive with SD card)
    - N64 JAP + pad HORI
    - Xbox 1 + spiderchip

I discovered brand new unsold SEGA Megadrive 2 in a warehouse in Thailand.
    There are about 1000 megadrive 2 ASIA version and the same amount of new games.

Look here ==> http://www.retrocollect.com/News/two...warehouse.html

I sell them on many forums , included here when I have enough posts to enter the marketplace.

Marc

almost not a noob Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4484-8779-6893

Hey All! A1C Thompson here, active military member. Away from my wife..always considered joining a classic video game forum so i thought I'd give this one a shot, as i am an avid game collector. Favorite Game is probably Ape Escape. Currently owned consoles.

NES
    SNES
    N64
    Game Cube
    Sega Master System
    Sega Megadrive
    Sega Genesis II
    (Sega 32X aswell)
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Dreamcast
    Panasonic 3DO
    PSX
    Wii U
    OUYA (lol)

nothing in box. all loose things. plenty of games, always buying more though.

Need more friends that are into the things I'm into since I've moved to a new base in California.

Insert Coin (Level 0) McFlY88DmC's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings and Salutations

Hey there! I have been a longtime lurker on this site, but never really felt I had much to contribute. Now that I've been getting more into repairing electronics and gaming equipment, I finally decided to join up in the hopes that my exploits may be of some help to others. I've been a gamer since I was a wee lad (now 30!), having started my gaming 'career' with the Atari 2600 and NES. Over the years, I've amassed a decent collection of games and consoles. I really only collect the stuff I'm interested in (not a hard-core completionist by any means, but I am a stickler for quality). I can't say I really care much for modern games (post-PS2), but fortunately I have a large backlog of JRPGs, 'shmups', sidescrollers, etc. to keep me entertained indefinitely.

Consoles: Atari 2600 "heavy sixer", NES, Sega Master System, TurboGrafx-16 w/TGCD Attachment, Sega Genesis mk1 w/Sega CD mk1, SNES (original and mini), 3DO FZ-10, Sega Saturn, Playstation/PSone w/LCD screen, N64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2 (original and slim), GameCube w/GBA Player, XBOX360.

Handhelds: Original GameBoy, Atari Lynx II, Original GameBoy Advance w/Afterburner Backlight, NDS Lite, misc. standalones

Lately I've been doing more repair work than actual playing...ugh. I've done quite a few repairs including a full capacitor replacement on my model 1 Genesis/Sega CD setup (recently did a model 2 setup for a friend too), new caps in my NES, TG16, Lynx and GameBoy (the latter rescued from the trash), rebuilt the Saturn's power supply and installed a mod chip, replaced the optical pickup in my Playstation, etc. I think my next project is the long-overdue refurbishment of my TurboGrafx-CD. I can only hope that I'll have some time this winter to do some actual gaming! Apart from gaming and electronics/computer repair, I enjoy tinkering with my old SAAB and helping my friends work on their various automotive projects.

Happy gaming, see you out there!
    "Electronics don't work too well once you've released their magical smoke."

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DiEsmitty
    PSN
    DiEsmitty

Hey gents,

I am DiEsmitty, a stupid tag but oh well.
    First system was an Atari, but I was a little on the young side. My father brought home an NES with Power Pad and Duck Hunt, since that day I have been a gamer. The very first system I bought for myself was a Playstation 1, since then I have had every major system with the exception of the Wii U. I am virtually retired so my wife told me to get a hobby so I started collecting Super Famicoms, and MegaDrives, under the guise that I'm going to sell them on Ebay. Oh yeah I live in Japan. I have the PS4 on pre-order and hope to pick up a Wii U on price drop day.

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello Digital Press!!

Hello all!!

This is wayultratech, and this is my first post here or on any forum. I am a retro video game player and collector, and for the most part i collect for SNES/SFC, N64 and GC although i am hyped on pretty much all retro consoles/games from the Pippin to the Loopy to the LaserActive to the AES and everything in between. Here's a list of what i have and play currently: (sadly had to sell some of my stuff so a tear is shed for not owning a TG16 or Saturn at the moment)

Super Nintendo (the OG NTSC model with thankfully no yellowing)
    Retro Duo (basically to play SFC and NES games)
    Nintendo Gamecube with Gameboy Player (the GBP is rad, so cool it can play GB GBC and GBA)
    Nintendo 64 (the classic black NTSC color with the super fancy and ultra deluxe cherry-on-top expansion pack)
    Nintendo Gameboy Color (if i gotta wait at the laundromat and want to get my Bust-A-Move on or put some time into Oracle of Seasons/Ages)
    Nintendo Wii (the black NTSC model)
    Nintendo 3DS (the aqua blue model)

i own a bunch of carts/games for Nintendo consoles, mostly for SNES/SFC

Sega Genesis (model 1 NTSC)
    Sega 32X (looks pretty brutal strapped to the model 1, but hey, Chaotix is fun!!)
    Sega Dreamcast (white/grey NTSC)

I also have a bunch of games for the above Sega consoles, mostly Genesis carts

Sony Playstation (OG NTSC grey model)
    Sony Playstation 2 Slim
    Microsoft Xbox (OG NTSC model, got it pretty much only to play Morrowind)

I dig using the ASCii "Fighter Stick SN" to play shmups/fighters/beat em ups. The genre's i usually gravitate towards are platformers, shmups, that "Zelda-esque kinda like an RPG but mostly action" type of game, and Japanese games of all types. I've never really tried to narrow down my favorite games all-time, but here's an attempt, starting with the games every human being on planet earth will probably say:

Super Mario 64
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario Bros 3
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
    Bubble Bobble
    Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
    Resident Evil 4 (GC version)

and here's a list of my faves that are slightly less known than the above list:

Space MegaForce (SNES)
    Guardian Legend (NES)
    Mr Nutz (SNES)
    Mischief Makers (N64)
    Ikaruga (GC)
    Dynamite Headdy (Genesis)
    JoJos Bizarre Adventure (DC)

I very much enjoy video game history, specifically 1989 - 1999, basically during the 16 bit console war era. I also dig any and all old video game advertisements and promotional material from the 90's, stuff like that awesome 1991 Nintendo Customer Service Training video regarding "customer returns" that made it's way onto YT a while ago. Anyway, that's about it for my first post!! Thanks!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

Hi my name is Adrian! I work for a video game company as an environment artist

I've been into games since I was little. Now that I'm older I can afford to buy the games I've always wanted and wanted to play. I mainly collect games that I want to play or games that I really enjoyed playing in the past.

I've been lurking around different forums and saw that this one had a great community. I look forward to contributing and asking for help on certain projects in the future.
    -iMonkey

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi !
    I'm MrTimscampi, 22 from Belgium.

I've been a collector for a few years, now. (Started when I got a bank account at 18 )
    I'm mostly into computers and Japanese imports.

Currently, I mainly buy consoles and computers. I have most of the things I want and am only missing a few consoles and a dozen computers before considering my collection "complete" (Or at least start buying games more often.)

Here's a list of my systems:
    - Nintendo Famicom
    - Nintendo Super Famicom
    - Nintendo 64 (RGB modded, japanese version)
    - Nintendo Gamecube (Japanese version, color is Spicy Orange)
    - Sega Megadrive (First model, japanese version)
    - Sega Saturn (White model)
    - Sega Dreamcast (Japanese version)
    - Sony PSone (The little white model, Japanese version)
    - Sony PS2 (The fat one, Japanese version)
    - Sony PS3 (The second model, european version)
    - Microsoft XBOX360 (Japanese version)
    - NEC PC-Engine + CD-ROMē
    - Commodore 128
    - Commodore Amiga
    - Tandy 1000SX (For Tandy-compatible games.)
    - NEC PC-8801mk2SR (A Japan-exclusive computer, home to the Ys series as well as a lot of others)
    - NEC PC-9801RA2
    - NEC PC-9821V7/S5KA
    - NEC PC-9821Ae/U2 (Successor to the PC-8801. All three PC-98x1 are the same "series" of machine. The three models allow me to cover everything from early games to the death of the platform.)
    - IBM PC-730 (Pentium computer for Windows 95 and late DOS)
    - IBM Aptiva (486 for DOS games)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

Hi here is some info about me

My name is Rodney from Malta. I found the forum because I was looking for some info on the Mortal Kombat Deceptio Sai and the forum came up.. Favourite games are Mortal Kombat series. I collect MK on all platforms including arcades. In real life I am a geologist and company director. Other interests include offroading

Hope to meet some MK fans here

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,it's about time i introduce myself,i guess,since i've only posted a few times on my own thread.
    I'm Yianni,age 26,i'm from Greece,and i've been gaming since SNES.
    I'm interested in most types of games,old and new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SeriousAtari

Default Serious

I am Serious.

I have read some of the great articles on here over the years, but never looked in the forum until now.

I am a collector and player of Odyssey 2 and Atari 2600 games, and also into Commodore computers and arcades.

I participate in several other retro-gaming forums, and I also have a web site of my own.

I'm glad to be a member here now, and anticipate being an active participant for years to come.
    High Score webmaster