Page 151 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Horsehead's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Hey all! You can call me Horsehead (bonus points if you know where the name comes from with out looking it up :P). I've just recently started collecting again after a bit of a break. Sadly during the break I sold most of my collection, so I will be starting from scratch! I don't mind though. I love the process of collecting, hunting down all those awesome treasures. I see it as an adventure!

- Where you live
    I live in a house surrounded by nothing. Yep middle of nowhere. It kind of explains why I mostly played video games while growing up. Heh.

- How you found the forums
    I originally heard about it in a magazine article. I don't remember what magazine though. I have a terrible memory. Yeah, I've been a lurker to these forums for a long time now. I figured me starting up collecting again was a good excuse to finally sign up.

- What your favorite games are
    THAT is a really hard question... I have always loved rpgs. Lunar Eternal Blue. Final Fantasy III. Shadowgate. Just to name a few.

- What systems you collect for
    Currently I don't collect for anything technically. I intend to start with Nintendo 64 though. It's a great system.

- What you do in "real life"
    On a regular day I Fly through space fighting zombie-ninja-pirate-robots with my sidekick Hermes the celestial rooster.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I am a boy.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    DaveMMR
    Steam
    TwinkieTheKid

Default Hola!

Hi, long time, first time.

My name is Dave and I've gotten bitten by the collecting bug a few years ago and started to get back a lot of what I sold over a decade ago.

I am currently 37, live in an apartment above a bar in Franklin Square, Long Island, pushing a pencil from 9-5. My earliest video game memories (where I actually knew what I was doing) was playing Colecovision - and for that reason I'll always show Coleco carts some love when I see them.

Besides the aforementioned Coleco, I'll collect for most consoles though, as of now, I'm working on my NES and SNES collections.

I also collect vinyl (classic rock, new wave or whatever just sounds 'good'), though that collection combined with the video games leaves me with perpetual space issues and forever wanting for more shelves.

Insert Coin (Level 0) tarochofu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I go by "tarochofu", which is the example name offered by the Japanese version of Microsoft Office. I liked how generic it was and decided to stick with it.

I'm originally from America, but I currently live in the mountains of Saitama, Japan.
    I've lived on and off in Japan for almost 10 years, and plan to stay forever if I can.

I found the forums by searching for information about import gaming.

My favorite games are RPGs, but I enjoy any type of game.
    My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy VI, but my first game I remember really enjoying was Rampage for the NES.

I collect games for the Super Famicom mostly, but occasionally other systems too like the Famicom.

In real life I am just a humble shakai-jin.
    I started with an NES, moved on to a Sega Genesis, and then an N64 before going back to the SNES, and on to the Playstation.

Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! My Name is Andreas, I'm 28 years old and i currently live in Münster/Germany. Yes, I'm a PlayStation addicted and started serious collecting 6 years ago. Since I started serious collecting I switched from PAL Version to NTSC-U/C and NTSC-J Region. Because of my preference for US and JAP imports, two users from the german "Circuit-Board" forum recommended this forum.

I'm currently collecting PS1, PS2, PS3, PSPa, PSV and SNES Games. It may sound a little bit wired, but the SNES is some kind of PS1 predecessor for me. My all time favorite game is Dragon Warrior VII and I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Quest and *shameonme* Call Of Duty franchise.

In "real-life" I own a mix of silkscreen printshop / graffiti-shop.

I started early with pc gaming and preferred it for a long time. With the release of the xbox I switched to the console for the first time in my life. After a few month I discovered console gaming more and more. I started to player jrpgs and switched from xbox to the playstation2. After years of gaming and the first european games with 60Hz mode I started to think about games from a new point of view. RGB Video, 60Hz, Scanlines and other technical stuff became important. That was the point where I started collecting games.

Yeah... That's me!

You can find me on eBay (http://myworld.ebay.de/hmmcheesecake) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/andreasreinhardt.de).

P.S.: I'm really sorry for my bad bad bad english. I know... it's worse!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    thestraightedge

Please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Phil, I am a gamer & collector. I've been reading this site for ages (including the forums), but was too busy in at least 2 other forums to participate in here until now. However, now seems a good time. I don't know how active I will participate here, but I am sure that you'll find my name here and there. Of course I own the Digitpress books as well - although while registering here I noticed I lend away the Advanced Guide and never got it back. Damn you, Thomas H.!

I own a collection portrayed on www.consollection.de and www.facebook.com/consollection (where you even can become a "fan"). Maybe some of you know it already or even have purchased a poster or a shirt from us. While I collect, I run the site with a friend who is a designer and photographer. I have a strong hardware focus right now, so I am not buying too many games these days. Too many hardware gaps to be filled. However, each system has at least 1 playable game iirc - well apart from the Funtech Super A'can. I also play on the current gen and preordered the next gen. Favorite genres are racers, FPS, but also indie titles on the current gen. While retro-gaming, I enjoy Platformers as well as classic racers.

The site mentioned above shows 75% of the current collection - we are working on a big update there with 40 new systems, including important and rare stuff, at least from our point of view.

I am in my mid-30ies, father, husband and worker. I like music as much as gaming, so I own a decent record collection as well, mostly hardcore, punk, metal, rock, but also classics of rap & Hip hop, some modern Drum n Bass and so on. Movies & good TV series (from Carnivale over Deadwood to Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones) are a big thing for me as well. I like nature, I like mountainbiking, I like travelling and I have seen goods parts of Europe, Asia, Australia and the USA. I am a drugfree vegetarian dude.

Thanks for your attention, folks!

Insert Coin (Level 0) ninjistar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Привет!

I go by the name "ninjistar". I live on the west coast, USA. I found the forums via a Google search while looking for the worlds largest video game collection! I'm shocked that I haven't signed up for this site before, but I'm not even sure I had seen it until recently.

I've not been an official game collector for long. I began collecting a few years ago when I decided to purchase some "old" systems from my youth (Atari 2600, NES, SNES). Over time, I gradually found better and better deals, new places to find classic gaming items, and so my collection was born. It's very difficult to say what my favorite game is... but a few at the moment are Populous, Sim City, and Solar Jetman. I'm currently collecting for most systems, but right now I'm focusing on NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, and Super Famicom (if you can call that focusing!)

What I do in real life... I have had a solid, successful career as an IT "nerd" in many disciplines.

I'm sure you'll all see me around as I have a LOT of collecting to do

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduction

Hi all,im retrolove and as you can probably guess im old lol,well i started gaming in 85 on a japanese friends famicom(before it was released as the nes,im in england you see).Que much love for smb's,anyway i got an atari 65xe that xmas and the amount of joysticks i went through was crazy .
    Anyway here i am some 28 yrs later and i have a bit of an import saturn love affair going on,seems pointless to list all the machines and games i have played through and collected over the years however im slowly building a nice jap saturn collection.
    A this is cool saturn and some quality games fill my time these days,also looking to start a pc engine duo r collection when i can afford the duo,hell i might just get a loan to start that bad boy collection off.
    Anyway hello to all and goodnight
    Retrolove

Internet Ent Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadMikeJ83
    Steam
    mad-miker83

Default Mad-Mike

- Who you are - I go by Mad-Mike on the innertubes

- Where you live - 15-20 min north of Seattle

- How you found the forums - I visited Digital Press for awhile to look up rarity on my various games I've been collecting.

- What your favorite games are - It changes a lot. Currently I've been on a Famicom/NES Dragon Warrior/Quest kick again, I've beaten 1, I'm working on 2 and 3 now, I beat 4 many moons ago as a teen. My wife is bringing me into the Street Fighter games I ignored for so many years (she's killer at those and MK), and I'm thinking about doing a run of the Ultima games next.

- What systems you collect for: Atari 2600, Intellivision, NES, PC, Game Boy, XBOX, Wii, I mostly focus on PC, 2600, and NES though as thats my favorite era.

- What you do in "real life" - For Fun, I build guitars, build computers, hang out with my lovely wife, go to parties, play in bands, write/record music. For Profit: I support over 2,000 end users for a software giant, which has lead to some video game swag that I now need to get the console for.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - I began collecting in 1997 as a teenager out of nostalgia for the Atari 2600 we had when I was a wee one. Soon thereafter, I started snapping up as much Nintendo Entertainment System stuff I could. My bandmates in a former metal band I was in got me (indirectly) into Intellivision and the IBM Compatible PC before the PC even became collectable. I also did for SNES and Genesis for awhile but got out of it. I now have over 170 Atari 2600 games, 90 NES games, more PC titles than I can count to play, and do also enjoy emulation and NES ROM modification once in awhile.

I also am that guy with the "Game Genie Krazy Kodez" stuck between his gagillion guitar videos on youtube, ....you know, the ones where Mario Sees Mushrooms, sick waggly sprites, and source code in the skies, and the 8th Dungeon of Zelda was risen to the surface by the power of the evil Wizard Galoob.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monty Singleton introduction. Favorite arcade game: Ghosts 'N Goblins, Favorite NES: The Legend Of Zelda

Hi everyone!

My name is Monty Singleton. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I found the forums via Google. My favorite arcade game is Ghosts 'N Goblins and my favorite NES game is: The Legend Of Zelda. Second favorite for both platforms, Super Mario Bros. I have a small but well displayed collection for the NES and I collect a LOT of arcade stuff. For example, I had a guy disassemble a Stun Runner marquee and ship it to me. The control panel for After Burner and Terminator 2. After Burner control panel weighed like 30 pounds! Items that required tools and an hour or so to remove and expensive to ship. In real life, I'm on a mission to take my passion for arcades and reimagine them for future generations. Our first project is Ghosts 'N Goblins. Good to meet everyone here! Thanks.

Monty Singleton
    http://GhostsNGoblins.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

- Who you are: Game enthusiast since 1986, collector since 1993
    - Where you live: Tokyo, Japan
    - How you found the forums: Searching for English game forums on the WWW, this one looked good
    - What your favorite games are: Too many to count, but not playing that much anymore lately (2-3 new titles per month?)
    - What systems you collect for: All
    - What you do in "real life": Playing with numbers

Nice to meet you all !!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

Hi, my name is Michael,

- Who you are: guy who loves video games
    - Where you live: Warsaw, Poland
    - How you found the forums: found this on internet
    - What your favorite games are: Zombies (SNES), Ice Climber (NES)
    - What systems you collect for: Baisicly all Nintendo Home consoles
    - What you do in "real life": Working is Transportation comapny as Key account manager

Game Sage
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings!

Hello, my name is Brian. In the good old days, I created and ran a popular website called GameSages. Since selling that business, I now create virtual sci-fi toys in Second Life, and run an inn in Vermont. Over the years I've amassed a large collection of games and accessories. I discovered this site while looking for values on some of the rarer pieces, such as the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case I'm currently selling on eBay.

Speaking of which, what's the trick for posting in the Marketplace? It appears to be locked.
    Last edited by Rassilon; 11-13-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi folks. I'm Ack. I currently reside in Atlanta, GA. I've searched these forums in the past for information but finally decided it was time to register and get to know the knowledgebase. My favorite games include Final Fantasy VI, Team Fortress Classic, and Silent Hill 3, though there are many, many games that I love and adore. I currently collect actively for the NTSC-U SNES, but I have recently begun a Neo Geo Pocket Color collection and have slowly built up collections for other consoles and PC. In real life I work for Turner Broadcasting. I've been playing video games for nearly as long as I can remember, and I am a moderator for the forums at Racketboy.com.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all..I'd like to introduce myself to the community once again as I signed up before and never really got into it. This time, I am really looking forward to getting involved.

Who you are
    My name is Brian and I am 35 Years Old

Where you live
    Pittsburgh, PA

How you found the forums
    Re-found this forum searching and listening to the Roundtable Podcast..which is best on the net..

What your favorite games are
    RPG's of all era's (Playing Soulblazer right now) and also LOVE Quest for the Rings (Odyssey 2)

What systems you collect for
    I currently collect hardware and will get seriously into software / carts / etc... once I get the hardware done.. I collect what I dont have..here is what I currently have:

Computers

Home Built 286 / 386 / 486 / P1 - P4 Machines
    Tandy 1000SL (8086)
    Atari 400
    Atari 800
    Atari 800XL
    Atari 1040Stf
    Commodore VIC-20
    Commodore 64
    Amiga 500
    Amiga 2000
    Apple IIe
    Apple IIgs

Gaming Consoles

Magnavox Odyssey 2
    Atari 2600 (4 Switch)
    Atari 2600 Jr
    Intellivision
    Colecovision
    Nintendo NES
    NES Top Loader
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Nintendo Wii
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis Model 1 / 2
    Sega CD Model 1 / 2
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Dreamcast
    XBOX
    XBOX 360
    Sony Playstation
    Sony PSOne
    Sony Playstation 2
    Sony Playstation 3

What you do in "real life"
    I am a Senior System Administrator in IT as well as mess with Electronics, fixing consoles and controllers...

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    After finishing up my Wrestling VHS / DVD / Video Files collection for all the shows and PPV's I wanted (84 - 2003) I looked and I had all I wanted (I still look for new stuff). After finding the AVGN videos and the Roundtable Podcasts.. it brought back a good memory of gaming. I decided I'd collect all the consoles with the hopes of setting them all up and having a great gaming center as well as great show piece.
    Really looking forward to this.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I just dropped out of art school to pursue a business selling video games, which is going very well although I am still in the early stages!
    Found this site trying to value stuff, and this is literally an invaluable resource from what I can tell.
    I collect mostly Nintendo but my favorite system of all time is the Dreamcast because it does not receive enough recognition for launching the world into modern gaming as we know it. Don't have much right now, but looking to expand my personal collection rapidly. But at one point in my life I had it all. 13 Consoles (this was pre-xbox360 era) over 300 games... This is where my bitter hatred against Gamestop comes in, because all that stuff does not belong to me anymore. Was a stupid kid and I really wanted an xbox 360. A year later it got the red ring, and then I had nothing.

Systems I have are
    SNES
    N64
    Wii
    Dreamcast
    And the pride of my game collection is in these
    SNES-
    Starfox 2
    Super Smash TV CIB

DC- Cannon Spike
    Caution Seaman CIB

I also have a gigantic wooden N64 coffee table I found on eBay.

In the outside world I work at a second hand media store, where I run Video Games and Comics. Good deal right? It is my inspiration for wanting to get into the business for my own profit.
    Anyways, excited to have found this site, and hopefully I will learn and benefit greatly from it! Thanks!
    Last edited by Boone; 11-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

My name is Drew. I'm an on-again-off-again sort of collector. I prefer to just read about stuff now that I don't have exorbitant amounts of college money to spend.

- Where you live

Murfreesboro, TN.

I think I happened upon the site while looking for rarity guides many years ago.

Ys. King of Fighters. Fatal Fury. Xenogears.

These days just 32x, Saturn, 3DO, Sega Pico imports, and Sega CD. Up until recently, I did a bit of Virtual Boy and NeoGeo collecting, but the adulthood wasteland claimed those.

I work at a gas station. I've worked at independent video stores and video game stores, before. I have a BS in public relations, but I'm not doing anything with it.

One day I decided I wanted a Sega Genesis again, then I got a CD, and a 32x eventually. Then I got a 3DO. Then a Laserdisc player. Then I got a Japanese Sega Pico and a Casio Loopy. The rest is history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Hi Everybody

Hi everybody my name is Anthony, and I live in New Jersey. I found you guys from begin a customer at your store, and how wonderful it's to be there. I went back to check your site, and here I am. My favorites are SNES games, especially the game Earthbound which was a pain for me to get, but love everything of it. I'm trying to get every video game consoles that ever came out for a hobby, and so far I'm doing very good process of it since I've been collecting when I was eleven. I have console going from Atari 2600 to the Sega Dreamcast, and love everyone of them and even tho I still have a long way to go, I would always love of what I now have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice to meet you

- Who you are
    My name is jboybdayboy.

- Where you live
    I live in the middle of California

I found an amazing thread started by this awesome person named PSony.

Would probably have to be Mystical Ninja for the N64. Games in the top 20 list would be Contra 4, Dark Souls, F-zero GX, Sf4. Might have to add CastleVania bloodlines to the list, that game just recently got me hooked on the Sega Genesis.

I just recently got hooked on my Gamecube, went ahead and bought a Component cable for it to show my love for it. I already have a pretty good collection of games for it from over the years when the system was the "new" console. A couple years ago I while walking home from school, I found a like new Mega Man X collection at Good will for 3.26.

Theres this awesome store called "Reds Donuts", I constantly day dream that I go there and they use a slide to send the dozen donuts to my face.

I love video games, I never resell games I own so thats how my collection began.

Insert Coin (Level 0) babywuchki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

my name is Chris aka babywuchki. I've been stalking these forums for about a decade and have finally joined up. I actually think I joined up a long time ago but I don't remember what my sign on info was and I go by a different ID now anyway.

My main objective is collecting CIB NES Black Box variants of all regions. Also go for all Hang Tab box NES, and other random early CIBs of games I like. And to a lesser extent I collect loose carts to play. I do occasionally buy stuff for other systems if I come across something I want to play but very rarely.

My favorite NES game is Sqoon. I know its not every bodies top pick but its got that special something that really appeals to me. I mostly like to play early NES games, thus the reason I love to collect them most.

Personally, I am a single dad and work full time. I am raising my daughter to be a gamer and she loves NES even though the iPad is her favorite game system. I also work full time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Hello!

Hey, everyone. My name is Ryan, and I'm 23.

Growing up, we had an NES early on until my sister decided one day that she didn't like that I was playing it instead of playing with her. She therefore jumped off the couch and destroyed it. My parents swore they would never buy us another video game system again. Fortunately, my uncle hadn't heard of the incident, and I got a Sega Genesis for Christmas that same year.

Since then, I've kept the Genesis, though gaming has been something that no one else in my family is very into. However, I've slowly worked on building my collection. I've since gathered another NES, a SNES, and an N64. I'm currently working my way through as many SNES RPGs as I can.