Page 152 of 164 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by rgregornik View Post
    She therefore jumped off the couch and destroyed it.
    What a b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by rgregornik View Post
    My parents swore they would never buy us another video game system again.
    Sounds like my parents back in the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello EveryOne

My name is Ehsan and I'm 28. I now live in karaj, Iran

I have been playing video games for more than twenty years now and have collected a very handsome number of consoles and games over the years. My favourite console of all time is psx and I'm very interested in jrpg games and whatever Ico Team makes.

Damn I think I'm really addicted to games. I remember breaking up with my girlfriend just because of it. She insisted that I didn't spend enough time with her never payed attention to what she said blah blah blah

She could never understand that I WAS a very busy man. I'm a part time student I work a job and OF COURSE I play video games I do NOT have the luxury to spend my precious time with her. When she finally left me I was very sad but at least kept my hobby and joy. That's a victory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

My name is Georges. I'm 30 years old

- Where you live

In France next to Paris

- How you found the forums

by friend in CE.Org

- What your favorite games are

Shenmue, Heavy Rain, Castlevania LOS, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Psycho Fox

- What systems you collect for

Megadrive (genesis), 32x, Dreamcast, PS3, Saturn

- What you do in "real life"

I'm Project manager

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

My First System Was Atari 2600, then after i continue to collect many many games ^^

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi...
    Just learned that the introduce thread was here...

I'm charlie the retro hamster. I'm from latino america (the third world) and my burrow/lair is the web.
    I have the age of Christ when he died . I graduated from college computer programmer, I'm a technical programmer from ESPOL.
    My favourite console is the saturn.
    My favorite games are Akumajo dracula X, rockman x 1-4, rockman 1-8-R& F, Super robot taisen, GOW, disgaea, classic Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, monolith Blood, Half-life (classic & opposing force), UT...
    I like garbage, tears for fears, republica, no doubt, depeche mode, pet shop boys...
    My favorite japanese artist is Yukie Nakama.
    Currently I like to play God of War y Disgaea 4.

Greetings!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: I'm Ben, age 31 and going on 32...
    - Where you live: Georgia, USA.
    - How you found the forums: My brother told me about it, he's "rkotm" here.
    - What your favorite games are: My favorite games are Super Mario World 2, Super Mario Land 2, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart...
    - What systems you collect for: I don't collect systems at the moment, but if I did, I'd collect Super Nintendo/Super Famicom systems.
    - What you do in "real life": Build websites, Flash games, video game music, animations.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: My first computer/video game system was a Commodore 64 in 1989.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VSigma100
    PSN
    VSigma100
    Steam
    Vidmusc

Hey everyone!

My name is Ben. As of recently I've begun to go by the name 'Vidmusc' on the internet. I've been looking for a pretty long time, and I feel like this might be the one I'm looking for. I'm from the United States. Ohio to be exact. I haven't moved out of Ohio, and plan to change that eventually. I found the forums through the Retron 5 review thread being linked on Hyperkin. I started reading through the forum a bit, and it seemed like a pretty interesting forum. When it comes to my favorite games I really don't know where to start with that. If I had to choose an absolute favorite it would be Kingdom Hearts II. There's just something about that game that I absolutely love. I currently collect for GameCube, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and PSP. I hope to add DS, 3DS, N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, SCD, and the Saturn eventaully, along with Wii U and PS4. I started collecting around 2010 or so, after I discovered YouTube channels such as PeteDorr. The concept interested me greatly, and I decided I would invest in game collecting as that's what I love. I also recently started collecting rock / heavy metal CDs (bands I enjoy), and soon hope to continue my anime / manga / comic collection. Outside of the internet I'm still attending high school. I'm a junior, and well... Me and school don't get along very well. Just recently I got my first job at Walgreens, in which I work checkout. And yeah. That's about it. Hope to enjoy my stay here!

Insert Coin (Level 0) mercuryshadow09's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

I'm Merc AKA Jeff, I like others ran into hard times and had to sell my collection, I kept some of the more sentimental stuff like my Dreamcast, but I'm back to collecting again, I've picked up where I left off with DC games and now working on PS2 games!

- Where you live

I was born just outside of Boston and contracted wanderlust at a young age, by 17 I was signing my name on the line and shipping off to boot camp, that was 26 years ago. I moved to the Western Slope of the Rockies in Colorado in 2002 and have been here ever since!

I am subscribed to Pete Dorr's Youtube channel and he made mention of this site a few times, at first I thought he was talking about a publication that lists games and prices and such, but here I am!

My favorite game now is Rock Band 3, I'm a drummer in real life and got my son Guitar Hero 2 for his birthday, I had no intention of ever playing a fake plastic guitar game but playing it with my son got me hooked and I found myself at Best Buy on Rock Band launch day shelling out for the full band bundle and haven't looked back since! I've also recently finished my PS2 Guncon collection with the exception of Time Crisis 2 and really love the old arcade shooters! I am also fond of the fishing controller and Sega Fishing games for DC!

I collect for everything but focusing on DC and PS2 right now!

After I was discharged I got into construction and built houses for almost 24 years until a catastrophic leg injury forced me to apply for VA benefits just to have them tell me I got PTSD and need to talk to somebody, turned out they were right, explains a lot of my erratic behavior and nightmares. I'm also a drummer, left the last band I was in last February because I got into it with the keyboardist, that's another thread though!

My ancestors on my fathers side were all pirates, Privateers is the actual term!
    Last edited by mercuryshadow09; 01-20-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ViciousRumours's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

A loner, and a rebel who would go on big adventures for what is dear to me.

- Where you live

Beyond the Bridge.

The elusive guidebook that comes from this locale brought me here many years ago.

Crystals of Zong, Impossible Mission, Kings Quest III, Zork II, Beneath A Steel Sky, Star Control 2, X Wing Fighter, Myst, Zaxxon, Commando, Ultima IV, Quest of Avatar, Ikari Warriors 1&2, Lode Runner, Baldurs Gate, Legendary Wings, Kid Nikki Radical Ninja, Diablo 2, Lords of the Realm, King of Fighters, Shadowgate, Faxanadu, Scheherezade, Rtype, Shining Force, Raiden Fighter II, Outrun, Ridge Racer, Silent Hill 1&2, Metal Gear 1&2, Ico, Shenmue 1 & 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Skies of Arcadia, Record of Lodoss War, Grandia 2, Metroid Prime, Dragon Quest 8, Fallout 2 & 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, Demon Souls, Modnation Racers, The Last of Us

I don't collect much anymore, but am looking for classics and suggestions for Game Boy Color. Other than that I have an NES turned into a MidiNES that still plays games, a Nintendo DS with 3 games Dragon Quest 6 & 9 and Korg DS-10. I still keep a VGA setup Dreamcast and am always looking to try GD Roms from that scene.

After church, that's when real life begins!

Raised to pursue second hand, deprived gamer.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Name is Paul. I'm from Minnesota. got kicked off of NA for reasons which aren't entirely clear to me.

huge NES/SNES collector, been a collector for over a year now, but been a gamer all my life

Amateur Actor, Writer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing Myself

Who you are

I am a collector and player of video games, a reader of magazines, and the Editor-in-Chief of a magazine. I can't properly introduce myself...

Where you live

Texas. That's all I'm saying.

How you found the forums

I was researching fanzines.

What your favorite games are

Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Gold, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, among others

What systems you collect for

Lynx, 2600, GB, GBC, GBA

What you do in "real life"

Considering my age, I wouldn't say I have too much of a real life.

Any other interesting facts

• My first video game was Pokemon Gold.
    • My first video game console was a GBA.
    • I once tried to make an island out of plastic bottles.
    • I'm a micronationalist.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tasty Animals's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, everyone! Our band has arranged a 40-minute retro video game medley, please check it out! We cover most of the classics, from NES, SNES, Sega and N64, and we're booking video game conventions on the west coast for this year. We'd love your feedback!

http://youtu.be/3focNekEoRQ

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What up G33K's

I stumbled across this community looking for a place to try to swap/sell games with people that understand that games are not worth what gamestop will give you for them!

Who: neudof
    What: Problem Management Process Owner
    Where: Minnesota (West Metro)
    How: The power of Google
    Favorite Game: N64 Killer Instinct, Halo, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy
    Current Collection: Genesis, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox360, Wii, Wii U
    Timeline: Atari 2600, NES w/B.O.B, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, Wii, Xbox360, Wii U

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    trini-3

Hi I'm Dris 31 years old living in Amsterdam and i'm father of one kid.
    I love collecting Anime and Game Toy's from 80s and 90s
    Last edited by sora; 02-10-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    grimsleep3r

Default Hi from the Uk

Hi all,This feels like an AA meeting haha not that I have ever been to one personally.

I'm Ninja from the Loft,,I stay most days in the loft practising fruit Ninja,,hopeing one day to own my own katana,, fat ninja lives in the basement and we try to let him out in the woods at least twice a week,,what can I say,he likes his basement

I enjoy Gaming and forum chat,,I am also a member of the 360iso community with a couple of stickys under my name,,same name as here.

Playing Tenchu and silently stalking fat ninja are my best hobbies though just wish I had some friends on here.

Oh well,back to my fruit Ninja Training.

Much luv
    Ninja...

Half-man, half-amazing Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The NZA 2099
    PSN
    TheIrishNinja
    3DS Friend
    2062-9756-7502
    Steam
    The NZA

oh man, i am terrible at this

so yeah, little late here but I'm IrishNinja from GAF/Sega-16/etc, a big Sega fan who sometimes has poor etiquette & forgets to introduce himself before arguing and trying to buy classic games, haha. nice to meet everyone, thanks for having me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there guys, I'm recently new here in the forums. Here is a bit of info about myself:

Who you are
    My nickname is Crest, that's all. I can't remember how I ended up with that nickname. I am currently around my early 20s, trying to get a college degree that will land me a well-paying job to support my needs (as well as increasing my gaming collection without going in debt).

Where you live
    In good ol' Los Angeles.

How you found the forums
    I randomly found the forums while searching for "unlicensed" Famicom, SNES, and Mega Drive/Genesis games. That is when I found out about this website (about a year ago), but I barely opened my account around a month ago after navigating through the website.

What your favorite games are
    There's too many to choose from, but here are some of my favorites: Super Mario Bros. 3, the classic Sonic games, Final Fight, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and some of the Mega Man games. When I don't play retro games, I'm mostly playing either Grand Theft Auto or some overrated game like Call of Duty at a friend's house (since those are the only "appealing" games they have when I visit them)

What systems you collect for
    The only gaming systems I'm collecting for at the moment are the Sega Saturn, Game Gear, Playstation 1 and 2. I'm starting to collect again for the Dreamcast and the Game Boy Advance as well. My main collecting system, however, is the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. Although I remember playing the system with my cousins back in the day and even asking my parents for one, I didn't purchase one until two years ago. I ended up buying a Japanese Mega Drive 2 (w/Puyo Puyo) instead and ever since, I have not regretted on buying it. Most comes from the Japanese MD library, mostly because of the more appealing look of the boxes (it makes them look nice when they are stacked on display) , various game exclusives that never came out of Japan (or at least never released on Genesis format), rarity, and sometimes, different content (compare the Japanese Bare Knuckle 3 or Dynamite Headdy to their American versions). There is just something unique about the Japanese MD that I can't really explain why. I'm planning to collect for the SNES and PSP when I have a chance.

What you do in "real life"
    Besides collecting retro games, most of my time is dedicated on college. For the next three months, I have to restrict myself from games due to heavy loads of homework. Outside of that, I would also spend time with friends, either having a small party, hanging around at a park, or walking around the streets of Hollywood or Downtown. I am also trying to raise funds on either buying new parts for my car or buying another, more gas efficient one.

Anybody wants to know more about me, feel free to message. Hope to be more in communication!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy Set !

Hello everyone !

My name is Ludovic and I live in Quebec, Canada !
    I'm french, so I apologize for my bad english ^^

Just like you, I'm a gamer and I love to collect video games !
    As far as i remember, I always collect special package, special or collector edition.

But two years ago, I decided to focus on my favorite saga : Final Fantasy !
    Just to see what I can achieve when I concentrate my effort.

In this adventure, I discovered the beautiful world of collectors, and subscribe to french forum like edition limited.net.
    But I live in Canada, so it's a a little to far...

So I ask for a major forum on North america, and a member tell me about you !

And then I'm here, ready to discover your treasure and share mine !

See ya on a topic !

++

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been collecting games for only about a year now, but I've been a gamer most of my life. I own over 400 games right now, and I collect for 20 different systems:

Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Advance, N64, SNES, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PSP, Gamecube, Wii, and DS.

My largest collection is for the NES, my fav console, and the first console I ever played as a kid. I was 5 and my uncle owned one back in 1991, first game I played was Super Mario Bros. Obviously. I have over 100 NES games, and managed to get them all for less then $20 each.

I live in Connecticut, and I got into collecting about a year ago when watching the Angry Video Game Nerd videos. Just kinda inspired me. I already had a start with my original Genesis and NES, with a buncha games, a stack of PS1 games I just never got rid of, and my 360. I prefer to collect retro games then new ones, but I love new games, too. Also, new games will one day be retro.

Like the forum, I kinda wanted to find something like this, but all the ones I've found were all European, so this is cool. I get most of my games at retro game shops, theres a bunch in CT, and thrift shops. I try to steer clear of Amazon or Ebay if I can, but if theres something I simply can't find anywhere I will grab it online. Plus, who wants to pay for shipping and hafta wait??? That's no fun!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for favorite games, that always changes, but for years my favorite game of alltime was always Metal Gear Solid, on PS1. It was the first game I ever actually beat, on my original grey Playstation. Back then it wasn't called "PS1" cuz there was no PS2. I just remember being blown away by it. The 2nd and 3rd are great also.

I also love platformers. I love Megaman, the 2D Sonics, Kirby, most action games, puzzle games, I love artsy games like Catherine or Shadow of the Colossus, Katamari obviously, just about anything weird. I love collecting weird, bizarre retro games like Space Shuttle Project on NES. Why that game was made, I don't know. But it's hilarious and awesome. I've been warming up to RPG's, for years I never had the patience for turn-based battles, I had some real ADD as a kid, but Final Fantasy 13 is turning me on quite a bit, and Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast was also excellent. I also love shooters like Lifeforce and Gradius, so much stuff.
    Last edited by Arkanoid_Katamari; 02-25-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    corey2788
    PSN
    corey2788

Cool My name is Iron Ma.. I mean Corey

Hello my name is Corey, im from Louisiana and i'm an retro gamer. Consoles I own are dreamcast,n64,ps2,psp,xbox 360
    and Ps3. Im planning on adding an wii u and Ps4 to my collection soon.

What I do for work is an diner worker by day and an Graphic Designer by night, check out my site http://obakeroyaltyart.weebly.com/ for my current projects im working on from music,gfx,clothing, and even development of my first game R.N.T.W.