Page 153 of 164 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I just wanted to give a quick intro. There have been many times that I found useful info on here so I thought I should finally join. I've been a sega-16 and a segaage member for quite some time. With that said, I'm big into sega stuff, Genesis to Saturn anyway. I've been collecting retro games for about 3-4 years. I grew up in a house where we were not allowed to own a video games system until I was 16. At that point we got a genesis 3 for $29.95 at Meijer. I had played the genny many times before at my brother-in-law's place and loved it. I still love it to this day. Hope you all are cool with me being here. I'm not just another person trying to avoid ebay fees when selling his/her stuff so I think we will be fine.

Colder Than Absolute Zero negative_chill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name's Kurt. I live in Alabama and I'm an avid video game enthusiast, especially when it comes to retro gaming. I grew up as part of the "PC Mustard Race" while also enjoying the delights of what the Sega Genesis had to offer. I'm very partial to Shmups, Beat-Em-Ups, Run 'N Gun Shooters, SNK Fighting Games, Racing games (especially Arcade ones), and Arcade Style games in general

I'm something of an aspiring amateur writer and artist. I also enjoy Period Drama Films and Movies that are set in the olden days of Japan when Samurai roamed, Japanese Super Hero Programs (think Power Rangers), extremely awful movies, Hacker culture, the Cyberpunk genre, and reminiscing, as I'm very interested in 80's and early 90's culture. I have very broad sensibilities when it comes to music and will listen to just about anything with the exception of fast modern country, bluegrass, and R.E.M. style alternative rock.

I'm kind of between jobs at the moment, but for the most part I'm a customer service rep and enjoy helping people to the best of my abilities
    Last edited by negative_chill; 02-28-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey ,im new,just got thru playing Zelda OOT on 64,ordered versus book strategy guide for majoras mask,so ill be hunkerin down again when i get that,haha hey everybody!!!

HEY KURT ,i live in montgomery!!!!alabama is the best haha
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi im jamie 34 a bloke and im from Newcastle upon Tyne,England.

I first had an atari 65xe back in 85 a christmas present,shame atari was dead in the uk by then,however i was lucky to have a japanese friend who had a sharp twin famicom and smb's blew me away and started this sickness we all seem to have of collecting.I have owned every sega console and most nintendo machine's except virtual boy and both wii's,i have a commodore 64,spectrum 48k,amiga 500,600 and 1200.
    At the moment im trying to focus on my still growing jap saturn library but seem to turn focus on some other system or pointless curios from japan.
    In the real world i am a floorlayer but my heart yearns to just up sticks and bugger off to japan someday.
    Hmm what else...im trying to get a decent pc duo collection started but everytime i have the money i seem to fritter most of it on games that i will rarely play,however i have hope a duo will enter my life at some point just as it seemed to happen when i stumbled on my this is cool saturn.
    I will tell you all that quitting drink and drugs is easier than kicking the collecting habit(i am now sober for 10 years but i cant stay away from classic games).
    Maybe im just crazy haha but i digress,anyway i look forward to getting to know the peeps on here peace out.

Retrolove

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sry to infiltrate this thread again,but i have been looking for a place like this to talk retro(sry im only 28)video games,i try and do this on my other chat board,www.cfbsportstalk.com can get a few people to chat wit me bout it but,mostly its football,which i love also,so glad i found this place....
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

Good evening!

I'm Geo, I came across this forum from researching video game shelving ideas (new apartment very soon, less space for the collection and all) and I heard a lot about it from other forums (classicgameroom, neo-geo).

I'm born and raised in Queens NY but now live in CT. I work as a personal trainer in the mornings and in a psychiatric community at night as well as being an officer in the New York Army Reserve as an Engineer (Essayons!)

Been gaming for almost 20 years now and I'm into nearly everything. The games that mean the most to me are
    -Shadow of the Colossus
    -Ocarina of Time
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Super Mario World
    -Mega Man X
    -Sonic 2

Looking forward to meeting new people and contributing to the boards

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey everybody

Hey everybody, I'm Enrique (but you may call me Kike), from 07-12 I was a Systems Analyst working for a door/window manufacturing company at their (then) Lowell, Indiana factory. After the factory shutdown I rellocated to Monterrey, Mexico where I'm an IT manager at the same company.

During those years when I lived in the States is when the retro collecting bug bit me. In 2008, ten years after I sold my Genesis, I got me another one. Since then I've acquired a number of consoles like the Saturn, Sega Master, the Sega CDX, the PC Engine, etc.

I began with the NES (I still have my original one), then got the Genesis, (briefly) the PSX, the Dreamcast (the best console ever), the Xbox, the X360 and more recently the WiiU.

Besides videogames, I enjoy hiking, reading a good novel, and overall discovering new places and meeting new people.

I'm eager to contribute and help as much as I can.

Regards.

Insert Coin (Level 0) jgray3493's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Here I am!!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!!
    My name is Justin Gray, from Amory Mississippi. I am 31 years old and have had a love for video games since I was a kid. The first system I ever played was an Atari 2600. Frogger, Pitfall, Asteroids etc. I'm sure everyone remembers those classic games. Anyways over the years growing up I've owned an atari 2600, SEGA Genesis, Nintendo 64, Atari Jaguar (C) & (CD) and a PS 1 & 2. Well after having the Jaguar for about a year, or so, one of the neighborhood kids ended up breaking it on accident one day. Of course even at that age I wanted to hurt that kid.

So life went on and I owned several gaming consoles some even more than once I had to buy, but not the Atari Jaguar. I was pretty bummed when Atari closed the doors because I knew that meant that I would never see one again, and I didn't. I had since forgotten all about that system until a couple of months ago when I came across one on eBay. It was nonworking but cheap and I thought I might be able to fix it. I couldn't but ended up finding a brand new drop in motherboard replacement from "www.bestelectronics.com" and ever since then I've been buying Jaguar merchandise like crazy.I actually plan to own every game ever made for this system both cartridge and CD! BEST is also where I purchased my refurbished Jaguar CD console. Ok well thx for reading y'all......n yes.....I'm a Jaguar collector

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Jay and I still love video games! There was a period where I lost interest in videogame collecting and video games in general. I had to sell off some of my collection during the great economic recession. Least to say, I was devastated cause I worked hard for it. I was also dissatisfied with the quality of current gen games released around 2010-11 which led me to stop buying videogames altogether for a few years...

Until recently, I bought a PS4 in February. So far I've mostly enjoyed it while trying to convince myself not to be cynical. While I'm waiting for a good PS4 game to show up I have been busy playing Dragon Force on my Sega Saturn. I will always have a soft spot for retro video games and looking to get back into videogame collecting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice to be here!!

- Who you are

My name is Chris, and I am a gamer that has been heavily into RPGs, platformers, and action/fighting games for too long. (I know, unique right?)

- Where you live

Actually, I live in a place that is very well suited for the style of gaming I am into, JAPAN! I have a modest collection back home that was put together over time without even really realizing or making a conscious effort at "collecting" then. In Japan now though, my collection is all JPN. The hunting you can do here is amazing and the amount of times I have come across just hands down awesome stuff is encouraging to say the least.

- How you found the forums

I am a member of the GameCollecting Reddit community (as RetroRonin on there) and found a link to this place there. I have been looking for a forum like this to join for a while now.

- What your favorite games are

This is an extremely hard question, as I am sure it is for many of us. My favorite systems are Super Nintendo and Playstation. The games that I can put in my favorites are probably...

Secret of Mana
    Super Mario RPG
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy Tactics (Amazing story and quotables for days)
    Final Fantasy 7
    Star Ocean 2

- What systems you collect for

I try to focus on Famicom, Super Famicom, Playstation 1 and 2, Sega Saturn, and N64. These are all JPN versions obviously as I am Japan. I am extremely scared of what my shipping charge is going to look like to get all of this stuff back to the states.

I am big into hunting for Japanese Exclusive rare stuff. For example, I sold a Hanshin Tigers Gamecube with the extremely rare Jersey included to a fellow reddit member not too long ago. Was an insanely rare find. I will have something very cool and JPN exclusive up in the Marketplace sometime soon after I organize as well.

- What you do in "real life"

After spending time studying abroad in Japan first and finishing college, I moved out to Japan about three years ago to work and live. I work as a civil servant and teach English as well. It's a very interesting gig so far.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I speak/understand/read/write at a decent level and am currently in the process of choosing a game to do a fan translation of. Preferably on the SNES. If you have any suggestions of something that hasn't been done, feel free to shoot me a message and let me know.

Nice to meet you all, hope to be around for a while!

On the Beach of Dreams... Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Hi everyone! I'm Matt, and I am an avid collector/video game player! I absolutely love Japanese video games, JRPGs, platformers, and Shmups. I also really love music & video game music, anime, writing, and watching TV. ^_^ My favorite game companies are: Squaresoft, Sony, Nintendo, NIS America, Falcom, XSeed, GUST/Tecmo Koei, SEGA, ATLUS, and Vanillaware.

Favorite Consoles:

Console - Playstation 3
    Handheld - Playstation Vita
    Retro - Playstation One

- Where you live

I currently live in Philadelphia, PA.

I found DigitalPress via YouTube and while looking up PS1 Hidden Gems.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Pokemon Pearl
    Final Fantasy V Advance
    Chrono Trigger
    Metroid Fusion
    Metroid: Zero Mission
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Paper Mario
    Star Ocean: The Second Story

Nintendo 3DS, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, GameCube, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Portable, Playstation Vita, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo Wii, Wii U, Xbox, & Xbox 360 (Heavily contemplating on getting an Xbox One...)

Other - Merchandise, Soundtracks, Japan/PAL Import Games.

I started collecting because after I bought Disgaea: Hour of Darkness from the PS Store, I realized that I had wanted so many RPGs on the PS3. Then it went to PS2, PS1, and DS etc. RPGs is my genre and I hold it to a very high pedestal. Then I when I was making my PSOne list, I saw that I wanted to get every PSOne (US released) JRPG. Skipping forward into the present, I had eventually decided to collect every US Released Japanese Role-Playing Game on all Sony Consoles (PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4).

I'm a HUGE fan of Nippon Ichi Software (NIS America). I'm currently trying to create an Atelier, Disgaea, & Hyperdimension Neptunia series shrine; given that they're my favorite series. (At the moment.)
    Last edited by Gothic-Yoichi; 05-27-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES Collector

- Who you are
    I'm Tyler
    - Where you live
    Utah
    I was looking for info on the SNES Mini I recently got.
    Super Smash Bros (Any version)
    Starfox 64
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Super Mario World
    Wii U
    SNES
    NES
    PSX
    I work for a web hosting company.
    When I was a kid we only had an NES until the N64 came out. I had a neighbor-mom across the street who got a SNES for her kids. She refused to let me play it because it was "too expensive for children to touch".
    I didn't realize it then, but that put a hole in my heart that could only be filled by me owning my own SNES. It's been years, but I've finally gotten one and have started to collect games for it. I've painstakingly taken each of the controllers the used SNES came with apart and soaked each of the plastic parts. I cleaned the circuits with alcohol and rotated the pad under the YXBA buttons so that what used to be under B was now under X and so forth. This will hopefully lengthen the lifespan of the pad. I also fixed one of the shoulder buttons with superglue which had broken near the metal pole.
    I couldn't be happier with my SNES, but the price of some games like Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG are so high compared to the same games on the Virtual Console that I'm going to collect them for that system instead. This saddens me a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Epic sn1pers
    Steam
    Doc. Sarcastic

Default Greetings!

Hello to all of the two people reading this! I'm Ewan, better know by my internet alias Doc. Sarcastic. Currently living in sunny England!

I found the forums after searching for how to display GameBoy games, because their such a pain to display in any way, I then found someone who had his collection STOLEN so that's just awful.

I don't really have an all time favourite game, but some of my favourites are Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Strikers Football and Mario Tennis. None Mario titles include Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and Crash Bandicoot Tag Team Racing. For other console games I like, I really enjoyed WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye 007 and F1 World Championship on N64.

Here's a list of Systems I collect for, little tight on money so I can't collect for much:

Nintendo 64
    GameCube
    GameBoy
    GameBoy Colour
    GameBoy Advance
    Original Xbox

I was thinking about collecting for Xbox 360 but I'm putting that off due to the fact I want to focus on my retro systems, even though I don't have an Original Xbox.

I like writing books and playing games, especially terrible games like Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Tarzan and much more! That's really all I do.

I started collecting after the Retro game shop near me began closing down and everything was on clearance, out of nostalgia's sake, I bought an N64 anf WWF No Mercy along with about 20 other games including Wave Race on Gameboy and Pacman Colour. That pretty much sparked off my collection, I dug out my old GameCube and games, stuck them on my shelf in alphabetical order and thought it looked quite nice. I wiped all my memory cards and I am playing through all of my games again.

Feel free to add me/message me if you want to talk about your collection or mine!

Insert Coin (Level 0) nosweargamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Howdt

- Who you are
    Hi guys, I'm Phil aka The No Swear Gamer on Youtube. I'm also known as Phenomenal Phil when it comes to things related to the Retro League Podcast.
    - Where you live
    Sunny Florida
    On the interweb
    Hmmm, that's tough. On my Youtube show, currently Bust A Move 2 (PS1) and Aladdin (Genesis) are my top ranked games, but I also am partial to Adventure (Atari 2600), Powerball (Genesis) and many others.
    Everything before the PS2 era mainly
    My first system was a Magnavox Odyssey 2. My first system I bought new was an Atari 7800.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I go by the nickname of BTR and I'm an avid retro gamer from Europe.

I've discovered these forums while looking for information about the Retron 5.
    While I like pretty much all retro consoles, I'm especially interested in Sega hardware and their games (Golden Axe, Sonic, racing games...)
    Currently I'm looking for Mega Drive, Saturn and PC Engine games.

As far as modern games go, I've enjoyed some of the expermiental games, especially games that saw a release on Wiii, such as Elebits and Kororinpa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Howdy

Long time collector.. winding down,, on here to unload some of my hard earned warz Keepin the basics, just no time for gaming as much as I used to and too much stuff collecting dust

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation woah this is scary , is this safe?

ok here i go
    - Who you are
    sean t
    - Where you live
    NWT Canada
    stumbled on it
    platformers, shumups, JRPG, dungeon crawlers, hunter games, action adventure, action
    snes, genesis, duo-r, saturn, ps2, ps3, DS, 3DS, vita, cmvs, wii, wii-u, gamecube
    pre press operator
    been collecting since i got a master system
    i still collect even though i dont have much time to play them

Insert Coin (Level 0) classyshepard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI guys, here's are some quick facts about me...

Who you are
    - I'm Henry
    Where you live
    - California
    How you found the forums
    - Folks over at Nintendo Age
    What your favorite games are
    - Final Fantasy X
    - Gran Turismo Series
    - Flower
    - Journey
    What systems you collect for
    - PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Game Cube, Wii, Wii U
    What you do in "real life"
    - I work for the state

Look forward to seeing some awesome collections and talking to good folks! =)
    http://clearberry.com/ - beautiful and high quality video game display cases

https://www.facebook.com/clearberry101 - follow the development on facebook

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,

Who you are
    - I'm ravard
    Where you live
    - Washington State
    How you found the forums
    - google
    What your favorite games are
    - Star Raiders
    - Jumpman JR
    - Out of this World
    - Doom
    What systems you collect for
    - A8, Amiga, Colecovision,
    What you do in "real life"
    - Disabled

I hope to have fun here. =)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

I came across this site looking for gba/gbc/gb platformer recs and found it really helpful. I also saw things for sale and trade and thought that looked cool too.
    I'm not a big console gamer, but love my gba and ds (and will play just about anything featuring a Mario character) and am always keeping an eye out for new things. Yoshi's Island is my favourite game.

See you around!