Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

Long time collector. Been visiting the site for a long time. Finally decided to start posting!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! Im Prescott. I started messing wih super mario 64 around 3-4 years old. My favorite game is between Zelda wind waker and kirby and the amazing mirror. I currently have an NES, an SNES, an N64, gamecube, GBA, 3DS, Wii U, and two xbox 360s. I look forward to becoming a collector of old gaming stuffs.

Self Rescuing Princess Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

My name is Astor, I'm 23 and I'm a transgender female (meaning I was born female but I feel male, I'm still attracted to men so I'd also be gay.). I thought I might as well state that now since it might come up later.

I started collecting two years ago, but I've been gaming since I was 5. My first console was the NES. The first game I ever beat was Super Mario Bros 3.

I collect for a lot of systems. The systems I have now are the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS; Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Dreamcast; Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP; Xbox, 360; Atari 2600, O2.

My collecting goal is this:

NES, SNES, N64 will be full sets of CIB and loose. Loose games will be stored in UGCs with custom cover art I make.

GC and Wii I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, and hidden gems. They will be CIB.

GB, GBC, GBA I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, and hidden gems. Loose mainly, CIB of favorite games. GBA will be stored in DS cases with cover art. I might mod DS cases to hold GB, and GBC.

DS and 3DS I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, and hidden gems. Must be CIB.

Genesis, 32x, Sega CD I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, and hidden gems. They can be loose or CIB, Sega CD has to be CIB.

Dreamcast I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, hidden gems, along with all the survival horror, shooters/bullet hells and RPGs. Must be CIB.

PS1 I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, hidden gems, along with all the survival horror, shooters/bullet hells and RPGs. Must be CIB.

PS2, PS3, PSP I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, and hidden gems. Must be CIB.

Xbox, 360 I'm collecting console exclusives, popular games, hidden gems and for the 360 I'm collecting all the bullet hells. Must be CIB.

Atari 2600 I plan on trying to collect every game. Loose or CIB, I don't care.

O2 whatever I can find for it.

As of right now my focus is on PS1 and DC. I'm also trying to build up my NES, SNES and N64 library. One of my new years goals was to finish the N64 set off this year.

I'm also on NintendoAge, my name there is GirlGamer55.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post PS1 Enthusiast

Hi All,

I am a long time gamer, relatively new to collecting.
    My name is Scott
    I am from Canada
    I had been googling for knowlege and found this forum.
    I am a IT Tech mainly stick to desktop support but dabble in all other areas (the dabbling is pretty much a requirement at our jack of all, mast of none shop).
    I collect mainly PS1, but have PS1 through 3 and an assortment of games for all. I even enjoy collecting GBA.

I started gaming when I was young with a NES and Vic-20 then got away from it for quite some time. Rediscovered when I got older and had kids. I rediscovered it again when I got a Visor Delux Palm for work, yes for work. From there I bought my own handhelds, Tapwave Zodiac, Gizmondo, GP2x and GBA, DS and PSP then Pandora. The handhelds had me rediscover the PS1 from when my kids were growing up.

Any way, that's enough about me as I hope I can add some thing to these forums and certainly learn some things as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KlytusImBored's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CannonballComin
    PSN
    c4ontheriver
    Steam
    CannonballComin

Hey everybody! Dave here. It's taken me a long time to remember to register here, but I finally have. I live in the North Jersey area and discovered Digital Press a few years ago. I've been frequenting the place ever since, but I barely end up talking to anyone when I'm there, so I'm not known as a regular or anything. Social anxiety and all that fun stuff.

There are a VERY limited select few who may know me from the late 90s co-hosting an online video game review show called "The Game Room with Mark and Dave". We posted a ton of episodes back in the day on lots of retro games, but it was before broadband, and online video wasn't really a thing yet, hence no one saw it:P Mark has gone on to reboot Classic Game Room and turned it into an amazing YT channel that people actually watch now....by the tons!

I am just beginning to really focus on building my collection back up - purely for nostalgia and the feelings these games gave me growing up. I'm really looking to prioritize my Genesis, Master System, and TurboGrafx collections, but I'm always down for a good deal on games and any system as far back as NES/SMS. I'm really looking forward to spending more time in these forums and collaborating with all the amazing collectors in the area and around the country!

I'll be going to my first NAVA today - hopefully I can get over being shy and meet some of you guys.
    Last edited by KlytusImBored; 01-31-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    AgentKaypar
    3DS Friend
    2509-5742-9223
    Steam
    agentkaypar

Hello, all! I'm Kyle! I'm a 23-year-old gamer living in Utah. I'm not much of a collector, but I love games of all sorts, and occasionally I fall to the temptation of buying older consoles and games. The crown jewel of my collection is a fully functional, but slightly discolored Sega Dreamcast. I only have a few games for it, and I can't remember the last time I turned it on. Heh.

I've been a gamer pretty much as long as I can remember. Days spent with my dad playing the NES and SNES instilled within me a love for games, and, probably thanks to RPGs, a love for reading and writing. If I had to pick a favorite console, it would probably be PS2 for sheer nostalgia reasons, but the Wii U is quickly becoming my most played console.

Last year, my buddy Nz17 asked if I'd be interested in writing some reviews for the site. I did end up writing a few, but only got around to registering and posting them in the relevant board just today! I hope you like my reviews, and, hopefully, they'll spark some discussion. I'm glad to be part of the community. Hopefully, I'll keep myself active, and see you guys around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All!
    Long time lurker here, I finally decided to register.
    I'm Alessandro and I'm from Italy (sorry in advance for my bad english!).
    I'm interested mainly in the Atari 2600. I rediscovered it some years ago, initially thanks to emulation, then I pulled my original console out of storage and I started buying games, controllers and other consoles as well. I discovered the homebrew scene and I was just blown away by the fact that you could write new games for an ancient console and put them on cart to play on real hardware. So I started collecting tech docs about it and learned a bit of programming (altough I didn't code anything really worth sharing...). I used a Starpath Supercharger to test code on real console and more recently I got an Harmony cartridge.
    I also became interested in other consoles of the same era and I now have a Saba Videoplay and a Philips Videopac in my collection, which, for those who aren't aware, are european versions of the Fairchild Channel F and Magnavox Odyssey 2 respectively.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Glad to hear you decided to join, we're happy to have you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ness7281992
    Steam
    Ness7281992@gmail.com

Default I am not your average llama! Actually, I'm not even a llama in the first place.

Haldo,
    I am David. I'm 22, and was actually raised on a secondhand Genesis and SNES, though I since lost both consoles and an excellent, most triumphant collection to a very heinous house fire (obviously, I'm a fan of Bill & Ted), so for the last year, I've been working on those collections once more. I'm a big fan of some subgenres of Metal music; Hair Metal/Butt Rock is not one of those subgenres. I primarily play RPGs, but I also have a limitation to my tolerance of time and difficult, the best example being Phantasy Star II.

I was born in Boise, Idaho. My family raised me in nearby Meridian. I now live... in Meridian. I've never been further north than 1/2 hour north of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, further west than the Oregon/Washington Coast, further south than lower Utah (Zion Wilderness, to be precise), and further east than somewhere in western Montana (I was 3 at the time, so I remember little else). As such, I haven't travelled much, but I would like to sometime down the road. Maybe NYC or Japan.

I found these forums on many occasions, each looking up something with Google. Someone on this site has an avatar that looks like a blue Jay Leno, but somehow vaguely familiar, as though it was tied to my earliest childhood. His posts were the ones I saw most frequently, usually something very specific in detail about the Sega Genesis. So I guess I've been a bit of a lurker, but an accidental one, basically.

I've played many games that I would consider my favorites. In the most convenient presentation I can provide (and excluding PC Games, as it's a hairy mess for me to pick, as well as everything modern, since this is the classic gaming section, excluding the occasional remake), they are:
    A26: Adventure... that's it. Adventure. I'm not a big fan of all the others I've played.
    Intellivision: SNAFU, Astrosmash, Night Stalker, Pinball, Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom
    NES: The Guardian Legend, Zelda 1 and 2, Castlevania, Megaman 3, Megaman 6, Metroid, Dragon Warrior 2 (Dragon Warrior 1 however is my least favorite game of all time), Final Fantasy, Super Contra
    SMS: Sonic 1, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier 3d, Hang-On, Battle Out-run
    Genesis: Sonic 1, Sonic 3&K, Sonic 3D Blast, Gunstar Heroes, Contra Hard Corps, Space Harrier II, Sub-Terenia, Phantasy Star II, III and IV, Streets of Rage 1 and 2, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1 and 2, Toejam and Earl 1 and 2.
    Sega CD: Sonic CD, Lunar 2, Vay, Final Fight CD, Earthworm Jim Special Edition, Snatcher (one of several super-rare games I lost in that fire), Shining Force CD.
    32x: Knuckles Chaotix, Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Fighter
    SNES: Zelda LTTP, Earthbound (another gem lost in the fire), Final Fantasy IV and V (never was big on VI, and I have a friend with an imported copy of FFV. Music quality I still think is best on this version. Also, for what it's worth, I think FFIV:TCC on the PSP is the best version out of any, even the DS remake), Live A Live (love the robot, caveman and dark knight stories), Chrono Trigger (lost in fire), Donkey Kong Country 3, Super Mario World 1 and 2, StarFox (as well as the sequel prototype), Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG (again, in the fire), Actraiser, Kirby Super Star, Earthworm Jim 2, Soul Blazer (lost in the fire)
    Sega Saturn: Albert Odyssey, Sega Ages Vol. 1, Daytona USA (the original, they changed it too much in the other versions), Virtua Fighter 2, Die Hard Arcade (prefer the controls in this version, even more so than the arcade cabinet edition), Rampage World Tour (again, controls), Shining the Holy Ark
    PSX: Beyond the Beyond (even though I apparently have a bad disc), Lunar 1, Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Cross, Wild Arms
    N64: Both Zeldas, Perfect Dark, DK64, Turok Rage Wars
    GG: Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Triple Trouble
    GB/GBC: All Zeldas, Final Fantasy Adventure, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Silver, Pokémon TCG, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Dreamcast: Shenmue... and that's all I've played so far.
    PS2: All Ratchet & Clank games, FFXII
    GC: Both Zeldas, Sonic Adventure 2, Metroid Prime
    Xbox: Tony Hawk American Wasteland and THUG2, Morrowind (my first entrance into western RPG's since Sierra's Hero's Quest on PC), Halo 2 (even though I still suck at Halo), SW Battlefront 2, Jet Set Radio Future

I know it's a crazy long list, but after you've played the hundreds of games I've played, you find it gets really, really, really hard to pick just a handful of favorites.
    What systems do I collect for? Why, all of them, of course. All the major brand names, that is, none of those knockoff consoles, though I primarily focus on 16-bit consoles and some 8-bit handhelds. What I really need to work on is my PS2 game collection. Not that I don't already have a good amount, just that I still haven't found many I like. The same goes for Gamecube as well, and some of the good ones on Xbox are also on PC, so that generally makes it easier, as CD/DVD PC games are dirt cheap used (Floppies? Heh, don't get me started), so I likely won't add the Xbox versions unless I find the controls frustrating (like I did with Morrowind; seriously, why the hell can't I use a keyboard/gamepad for the menus?!).

In real life, I am a college student, studying IT. Right now I am enrolled in a local community college, but I plan on furthering my degree in bigger universities. My dream job would be something in PCB/IC design, but my dream hobby would be tinkering with the dear old Motorola 68000, the processor in the dear old Genesis, the console that started my adventure.

Sorry for the long post, here's a gaming potato (yes, I'm a 9gagger):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5728853850_c2a51edb5e_o.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	7892

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ogreatgames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi!

Hi all I am new to these boards and to answer one of the original posters questions we found the forums through a friend!
    http://www.ogreatgames.com Hey check out Ogreatgames for video games and much more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Blood

Hi Everyone.

Just want to say hi and that I look forward to meeting you all and having some fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm MattJ155, you might recognise my name from YouTube or the AssemblerGames forums!

I collect a lot of PS1 and PS2 items, including all those hard to find Gran Turismo special editions, as well as a lot of pre-production stuff including beta builds.

You can all view my collection here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8738981&type=3

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pantamorph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    pantamorph

Hi, Everyone! My name is Eugene and I come from Ukraine. The only console I have at the moment is a little Neo Geo Pocket Color handheld (I used to own a Game Boy Color and a Sega Saturn in the past but I've given them away)
    I work as a Support Manager for a company specialized in Healthcare and Insurance, not the best job on the planet, but, certainly, not the worst as well, considering that we somehow manage to save people their lives and money.
    My main interest as a collector is actually music videos but I still have a lot of old games lying at home, waiting to be replayed
    Anyway, nice to meet y'all and I'll be around from time to time
    Last edited by Pantamorph; 06-11-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default it'sa me dylan

hi all,
    im dylan and i live in australia. I come in search of information on console repairs and mods mostly, which is how i found this forum (vain googleing attempts) .Grew up with a SNES but these days im really into the NES.

Ive always been a platformer but im trying to get into RPGs. Lately i have been collecting for the Famicom Disk System and what ever else i can plug into a Famicom like the Hyper Shot, man that thing looks too real.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Greetings Gamers!

Greetings all! My name is Kevin and I am a family man from Indiana with a passion for video games and disc golf.

My work is very serious and stressful so I depend on my family, video games, and disc golf to recharge my batteries to go out and do my very best everyday.

I run a YouTube channel as a fun way to archive my achievements and experiences with my hobbies but it has grown into something much more. I currently have mostly retro video game videos but I do occasionally post modern game videos and Disc Golf. Thanks for the welcome wagon.

My Channel ► https://www.youtube.com/user/kwkbox
    My Twitter ► https://twitter.com/KWKBOX
    My website ► http://www.kwkbox.com
    My Google+ ► http://google.com/+Kwkbox

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Brad. I live in winchester va. Been looking for a site to compare notes for coin operated games. Favorite games... defender, mario brothers, tempest, dragons lair . I just got a super mario brothers vs and a vurtur cop. And Been working on them. Great jobby

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forgot I'm a handyman for real estate company's in the area. Owner of company

The Magical MacGuffin SilverWolf9000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    SilverWolf9000Plays

Post Super Magical Introduction

Hello there! My name is Jake, I'm 17, and I'm from Ohio.

I've been gaming ever since I was a small child (emphasis on small). I started out the with Nintendo Gamecube, playing games such as Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Luigi's Mansion til I dropped. Since then, I've acquired (as you can see in my signature) an NES (my newest addition, actually), SNES, N64, Genesis, GBA, GBC, PS1, PC, DS, 3DS, and Wii U (to a much lesser extent, the Wii. I do not play it much anymore). What kicked off the spree of console buying was the Nintendo 64, and the first game I ever owned for it: Goldeneye 007.

To be honest, I do not have a "favorite" video game. I love all of my games, but to name a few, I love The Elder Scrolls, Mario, Sonic, Fallout, Dishonored, Half-Life, Portal, Left4Dead, Zelda, and the list goes on and on and on.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I "collect." To me, collecting gives me the picture of a coin collector, with the coins just sitting around in their cases, gathering dust. I prefer to think that I am simply building up a library of games to be played and loved by myself and whoever may next come into contact with them.

I make Youtube videos (same username, but not much to be seen) for the fun of it. Nothing special really, just a little side thing I enjoy doing. Besides that, I dabble in programming and plan on majoring in Computer Science and Engineering in the coming years. I would also like to mention that I am working on the Skywind project for Skyrim; if you have not heard of it, I highly suggest you take a look at the project at TESRenewal. It really is something to see.

Nice to meet all of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, name's Dylan. I'm from Canada and am a full time Reg Force officer in the RCN, aged 37. So yeah, obviously I grew up with the venerable NES, SNES and Genesis back in their heydays.

Only just rediscovered vintage gaming. I've always been into gaming to some extent, but I'm probably what most of you would describe as a casual gamer. I like to collect vintage toys - mainly GI Joe - and I think that collector mentality got me interested in reassembling my old videogame collection, which has mysteriously disappeared from my parents' house! (No one remembers what happened to them... for all we know, they're still there, but I'm starting to think we gave them away or something.)

If there are any other toy collectors here with extra vintage games, hit me up - I've got lots of extra toys to trade, but not a whole lot of games yet.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying learning all I can about this stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, you can call me Dormond here because I don't like putting out my real name. I collect retro and modern games as well as various Metal Gear Solid related stuff when I can afford it.

The systems I own and collect for are NES, SNES, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Gensis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1, 2, 3, and 4, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

My game collection can be found cataloged at this link > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

My favorite games are Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and Terranigma.

The game I'm looking forward to most in 2015 is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

I also collect comics, but gaming is my primary interest.
    Last edited by Dormond; 07-06-2015 at 08:38 AM.