Page 16 of 164 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(introduces self in this topic as well)
    Hello , im Andrew from cali ^_^ yet another geek who loves anime and video games , I am 16 years old soon a sophmore next year, Im a sarcastic fellow at times and really social(even when I dont have a damn thing to talk about)

my current fav anime is Full metal panic, .hack//sign

current fav games DDRMAX , Resident evil(gc),metroid prime,
    earthbound , evo the search for eden , chrono trigger , Un squadron
    ,castlevania symphony of the night

Fav movies: the terminator movies , Any movies with clint eastwoods character the man with no name is in ,the magnificent 7

And I am here to Become a bigger game collector and find out whats scarce or not
    heres a list of my games
    http://users.ign.com/collection/slate66
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Marcus
    - Where you live: PA
    - How you found the forums: Cant remember, Ive been lurking for a while
    - What systems you collect for: NES, SMS, N64
    - What you do in "real life": Graduate Student

Glad to be here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

Who you are: John Loch, 37 years old

Where you live: Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus

How you found the forums: Before this internet stuff I used to get the Digital Press newsletter. I got out of active collecting of retrogames for awhile, but have recently started again, so I decided to look Digital Press up.

What your favorite games are: Ultima Online, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario kart, Doom, Crazy Climber, Bard's Tale 1, Tempest, Ultima IV, KC Munchkin, Pick Axe Pete, Adventure, Galaxian, Gorf, Omega Race, Nine Princes in Amber, Forbidden Forest, Haunted House, Solar Quest, Cheeky Mouse, Lords of Conquest, The Legend of Zelda, The Empire Strikes Back, Wizard of Wor, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Stampede, Miner 2049er, Sword of Kadash, Satan's Hollow, Military Madness, Faxanadu, Powerslave, Tomb Raider, Tail of the Sun, and so on....

What systems you collect for: I have almost every old system and have given up on finding much more for them thatn I already have. I might seek out some of the missing games I want on Ebay. Right now, I am putting my energy into repairing an old arcade Tempest machine I found for dirt cheap, and buying some classic Coleco mini-arcade handhelds from a co-worker who claims to have them in his attic but keeps putting off digging them up.

What you do in "real life": Chef

Any other interesting facts: When I was a kid, we all wanted Ataris. My misguided parents got me an Odyssey 2, though. I made the best of it, and found some really great games for that system. My friends and I stumbled across the Easter Eggs in Killer Bees about 2 weeks after I got that game. I have a ton of promotional Odyssey stuff, including flyers for many games that have the box cover on one side and details on the back. I also have all 6 issues of Odyssey Adventure Magazine, as well as correspondence sent to me from their offices. On the last page of the last issue of Odyssey Adventure, my tip for the game Invaders from Hyperspace is printed. Imagine my surprise when I found the same tip on the Easter Eggs section this site, with myself credited! Thanks, Digital Press!

John Loch

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    I Is Jon-Paul

- Where you live
    Surbiton, Surrey, in the sunny UK
    *Thats ENGLAND for those who don't know*

- How you found the forums
    Mentioned By Devilman in another forum

- What your favorite games are
    If it moves, shoot it, if it doesn't shoot it anyway, if that fails, its probrtbly a wall.
    On PCs i have a liking for Real Time Stratergies and First person shooters.

My all time fave games are proberbly M.U.L.E., Lords of Midnight, Zybex and Worms, Command and Conquer and Doom!

- What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600
    Atari XEGS/130XE/800XL, usdoubled 1050 disk drive, regular 1050 disk drives,
    Amiga ECS/AGA systems, CD-32 +SX1
    Sony Playstation (big grey first style)

- What you do in "real life"
    I support users on a UK Dial up Unix Shell system and internet provider. Yes I HAVE had to support a commodore 64 user getting to his e-mail!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Ed Siegler

- Where you live
    Outside of Philly, near where the PhillyClassic convention is held (for the time being).

- How you found the forums
    I've heard all the nasty rumors and wanted to check it out. Been watching for a while.

- What your favorite games are
    Pretty much anything for the 2600. Circus Atari and Kaboom to name two.

- What systems you collect for
    Strictly the 2600.

- What you do in "real life"
    An engineer for a local Pharmacutical outfit. I keep the heat and the A/C going so they can make the drugs to make you feel better...
    ...I'm so used to being blind...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aloha, I am 29, newly married, work for a small consrtruction co.

I got into gaming about 6 mo. ago. I thought it would be a good "@ home"
    hobby for my new found domestic life. I bought a PS2. Now I am fully hooked on gaming. I bought a NES a few months later so my wife and I could play the games from our childhood.

I don't consider my self a collector.....yet. I am more interested in pursuing the best gaming has to offer. I do avidly look for good deals on PSone/PS2 and NES classics. I am on the verge of diving into the world of Game Boy.

I really enjoy this site. Many sites are flooded with flaming immature fAnBoY$ panting over Diane Mizota...(not that I blame them) but this site seems like a more "grown up" source of info.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all,

My name's Adam Lamontagne. I usually just lurk on these boards, with an occasional post here and there.

Not much of interest to say...I just turned 30, been married for almost 4 years, trying (unsuccessfully) for children, blah, blah.

I am within 29 games of playing through every US-released NES game. I'm not saying I've done it without cheating, which I have for a lot of them, but I have played through all but 29 of them. Unfortunately, a majority of the 29 games left are those damn Koei historical strategies and other damn hard games, like Overlord. I've been playing NES since about 1986 and it has taken over 17 years, but I am closing in on my quest.

Otherwise, I'm just your average shmoe.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahoy Hoy
    The Great Escape here, migrating from the Gamefaqs boards (dont bother looking for intelligent life-forms in the next-gen board, ugh)

- Who you are: Shaun Smith
    - Where you live: Melbourne, Australia
    - How you found the forums: looking for something about golden axe 2 i believe. stumbled onto the reviews, and hence the forums.
    - What your favorite games are: Rocket Knight Adventures, Sonic series, Darkstalkers, and anything by SEGA and Namco (among others)

- What systems you collect for: Mega Drive, Saturn, Master System, Dreamcast and NES Shmups
    - What you do in "real life": Uni Student: Interactive Multimedia (whatever that means)
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. :

I had (still have) a good friend who worked at a video games store a couple minutes from my house, and everytime he worked (usually sundays/friday nights) id come in and waste time. Then when stupid EB offered to pay more for rent of the location, the store had to close. On the day before they closed, me and this friend went through the store and got whatever freebies we could get our hands on. We ended up leaving with a trolley full of crap, which included several mega drives and games.
    That was about 9 months ago, and since then ive been collecting. Most of my systems are in my home-made arcade cabinet with mega drive arcade controller and the usual joypads. i love it =)
    I also have a small site with Megadrive and whatever else- http://darkstalkers.spyw.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Jeroen Post and I am 20 years old. I live in Amsterdam, and that's in the Netherlands.

I found the forums while looking for some rarity lists for a few Sega consoles, and I found the relevant information on this site.

My all-time favorite games include:

(Saturn) Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes, Torico Gekkamugentan
    (Dreamcast) Shenmue series, Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia
    (Master System) Castle of Illusion, Golden Axe Warrior, Streets of Rage
    (Megadrive/Genesis) Sonic 3, Shining Force II, Zero Wing

I collect videogames for Sega systems (have some Nintendo and PS items though), and mainly the Saturn and Dreamcast.

In a few weeks I'm starting a job at a videogameshop, with a store in Amstelveen and Amsterdam. My main interests are: Sega, collecting videogames, movies and listening to good music

I started playing videogames at the age of 4, when I played the 2600 at my grandma's house. The first console I owned was a NES, and from that time I played for several hours a day. Over the years, I have collected about 18 different systems and about 420 games for them. I know it's not much, comparing to some of the HUGE collections I've seen here, but I am quite satisfied with it

That's my story.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Rege (actually, it's Regis, like the guy on TV). I live in Pennsylvania, US. I found the forums much by accident while searching for "cheap NES games" on google.

I was at the mall in EB with a friend and on the way out passed "the bin" of old NES, SNES and Genesis games. That sparked a conversation between my friend and I of the old NES days. That weekend, I returned home for a family reunion and, while unable to get the old NES away from my brother, I was able to snag about 35 (of the good) games. Unfortunately I had to purchase an NES from eBay (actually not too badly priced), which works like a charm. So, about 4 weeks in I have a not-too-shabby collection of about 45 of the best (in my opinion) NES games with a couple (slightly) rarer ones.

I'm currently a student majoring in journalism and thus don't have alot of extra cash (atleast that doesn't go towards the bars and pizza). So, while I have found myself searching eBay for the rarer games and better deals, I wouldn't neccassarily call myself a collector at all.

My apartment also has the SNES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube, DreamCast and PSX2, within its doors of which only the N64 and Gamecube are "mine."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm back...

name is alan, from newmexico, and avid dreamcast player. been away for a few months, traveling, teaching, trying to make money. now things are settled. so i'll leave this short and say it's good to be back.
    it's log
    it's log
    it's big
    it's heavy
    it's wood

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy,

I live in Huntsville, AL.

I found this website while searching for pictures of game rooms.

My favorite console games are 8-bit sidescrollers and I mainly collect NES games.

In "real life" I write software for car radios.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody, I just want to say I love everything about this place so far, and am amazed at this great forum you can bet I will be here a while , anyways just want to say hello to everyone here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Benjamin and I live in Richmond, Va. I don't remember how I found the forums, but it seems to me that the entire digitalpress site wasn't that high up in the google results (I've been collecting a long time and only recently found this site).
    My favorite games for the PC are Ultima 2,3,5-7, Star Control II, Gettysburg/Antietam, Master of Orion, Half Life, Duke Nukem 3D (so fun to play over a LAN in college), Caesar III/Pharaoh, BF1942, and Medieval: Total War. My favorite console games include Warsong, Lunar SS for Sega CD, Herzog Zwei, Rygar, Phantasy Star II, Military Madness, and Powerball.
    I collect for the NES, SMS, SNES, TG16, Genesis, Sega CD, PSX, Lynx, Gameboy, PC-Engine/SuperGrafx, Saturn, Dreamcast and N64. I'm not buying any new game systems. I have to stop somewhere.
    I'm the IT Coordinator for the APVA, which owns the property that the original Jamestown fort existed on and which we're currently digging up. I'm building web stuff for them and doing day-to-day computer stuff.
    I began collecting because I heard that they were doing a remake of Lunar for the PSX and that brought me back to the Sega CD days. I went to the Working Designs web site and they mentioned that the Sega CD version was selling for a pretty penny on eBay. I had never been on eBay, but I went and searched for Lunar, and 4 years later I'm still hooked on collecting (and eBay :/ ).
    Click here for my game list, including pictures.
    Currently playing on my Xperia Play: Nectaris: Military Madness (PSX), Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:

Jack Dark

How you found the forums:

EGM

What your favorite games are:

http://www.jackdark.com/games.html

What systems you collect for:

Everything but that dirty ol' XBox.

What you do in "real life":

I have a "real life"?

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.:

Just check out the above link, lot's of info on my favorite classic games, plus plenty of other drivel about Jack Dark. Mostly I play games and make music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see.

Jason Anderson
    Doylestown, PA.
    New to the collecting world.

Would post game counts. But it's lat.. early, so here's my site.
    http://www.jasoco.com/gamelist.php

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Name: Sotenga, AKA Nintendo Dreamstation, AKA Mike
    Place: Very boring slice o' Pennsylvania
    How I'm Here: Link from OPCFG
    Favorite Games: Umm... every game in existence? Seriously, I got a lot.
    Collect for: NES, SNES, Genesis, PSOne, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, XBOX, every Game Boy ever made
    Real Life: So boring, everyone would fall asleep reading about it. So I won't go there.
    Miscellany-us: I'm a hardcore emulator, MAME is my God, visit other great vintage game sites like the OPCFG and ClassicGaming. Movies and Music also rock. Reality shows and Bill Gates are the utter banes of my life. I love Emoticons...
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Name: Flack (aka Rob) from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

How you found the forums: Link from Slashdot.

What your favorite games are: I have lots and lots of favorite games, but my all time fav' would probably be either vs. Excitebike (NES), Shinobi (Arcade) or Paradroid (C64).

What systems you currently own: Pong, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Odyssey II, C64, SX64, C128, Apple II, TI99/4A, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation II ... and a GP32 (very cool little handheld that runs a lot of emulators, including C64, NES, Atari ST, and others). I'm also currently building a MAME cabinet (who isn't/hasn't). I have owned as many as 15 arcade video game cabinets, but I'm currently down to three (Shinobi, Bucky O'Hare, and Arachnid Darts).

What you do in "real life": In real life I work for Lockheed Martin as an employee of the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) as a Senior Network Engineer. I'm 29, married, and a father of one. I have a dedicated "video game/computer" loft which has six consoles hooked up (PS2, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600) to a projector and surround sound system. Sure, DVDs look great on it, but so does Mortal Kombat.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I was born in 1973. We had a Pong system when I was 4, followed quickly by an Odyssey 2 and an Atari 2600 (I still have all those original systems). With a 20 month old son I don't get the gaming time in that I used to, but I'm looking forward to finishing my MAME cabinet and playing some of the old classics with my son in a few years. I occasionally buy and sell arcade video games, usually through local auctions.

Flack
    http://welcome.to/theoharas
    http://www.whitetrashdevil.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Allow me to introduce myself.....myself.....

My Introduction.......
    Just joined and Just sent in photo for member photos so here is my intro to conclude it all........
    My REAL NAME IS: Rob Daviau, I currently reside in British Columbia Canada in a city called Kelowna. I have been visiting these forums as a gueast for a couple years now, I discovered it because I'm always searching for sites about Retro Gaming and I finally decided to join this fourm. my Favorite games aren't so much classics, don't get me wrong, I've been into classics since I saw PONG and the Telestar Home gaming system. I've owned just about every home system ever made, but anyway, being a videogame addict AND Horror buff my favorite games are the Resident Evil Series. Unfortunately for me that means at some point, even though I don't want one I'll have to get a game cube as I hear RE on the Cube is amazing. I Don't have the money to collect for seperate systems nowadays so I stick to mostly PC and emulated, mame etc, But I emulate and play games for just about every system 8bit on up. Just wish the PC did better Saturn Emulation, I mean jeez if it can emulate 3d capcom arcade games.........
    Currently I'm unemployed having moved here last Oct from Toronto but hope to improve my PC once I can afford it. I love Horror, SciFi, StrongBad Emails, Emulation, Retro Gaming, oh, and I'm 35 and will be getting married in Vegas this upcoming October....thank you, thank you very much!!!!!
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi I'm new

:P Hi my name is Travis aka undead455. I am 26 yaers old and have been collecting for about 2 years now. I currently have 31 systems and 350 games. My favorite systems are the Atari 2600 and the 8 bit Nintendo. My favorite games are Defender(arcade & 2600), Zelda, Bubble Bobble, etc. I have too many to list.

I live in St-Hubert Quebec Canada and I work production at Krispy Kreme. My other hobbies include cars and computers.

Me and my girlfriend's website www.undead455.ca