Page 17 of 164 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a 35 year old architect/graphic designer from Seattle, who became a father a year ago. My stay at home, take care of the boy, lifestyle kindled a desire to return to the games of my youth. After a gift of a Nes and cartridges and a 2600 purchase and then that damned DP guide I caught the collecting bug. After lurking on this forum for a few months I decided to join.

I collect about anything I can get. Limited finances have got me concentrating on NES, boxed N64 game collection, Playstation I and Dreamcast with the occasional 2600 thrown in. I am very game agnostic and could not describe which game types would be my favorite. Platformers, schmups, RPF pretty much any game except sports titles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NAME: Luke

HOMELAND: Australia

INTERESTS: Cartoons, Comics, Computing, Drawing, Movies, Music, Video Games

FAVOURITE GAMES: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Metal Gear Solid, Raiden I & II, Super Mario World

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll introduce myself a bit better this time:

My name is Jason Anderson. I live in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Lived in Lambertville, New Jersey for 20 years until March 2000.

I am a Mac user who used Windows up until September, 2000 when Windows finally crossed the line. I collected old Macs from 2000 to 2002 then stopped when it became an expensive hobby. Struggling to find somethjing new to collect, a month ago I bought a Genesis and started myself on my new hobby, Video Game collection. I find it more fun, less expensive and more fun. I shifted my online presence from mainly Mac Forums to mainly Game forums.

I am currently slowly buiding up my NES collection and Dreamcast collection with SNES and Genesis on the side. Then I'll move to N64 and somewhere in there I'll go after the Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Jaguar, Turbo Grafix 16 and all the rest of the mid-80's to late 90's consoles. Maybe when I'm old and gray and have collected them all, I'll move to what's left of the pre-NES consoles. Whatever hasn't disintegrated into a fine powder.

Oh, and maybe handhelds.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are:
    Ryan Updegraff, 28 on August 18th. Where are my presents?!

Where you live:
    Williamsport, PA (Home of Little League Baseball...Weeeeeee!)

How you found the forums:
    That damned TheRedEye. I'm so sick of hearing his name these days I could vomit. :P

What your favorite games are:
    Panzer Dragoon Series, anything NES, Utopia, Halo Co-op(Yeah I like Xbox, shut up )

What systems you collect for:
    Mostly Sega Saturn and Mattel Aquarius

What you do in "real life":
    Electronics Technician for L3 Communications(formerly Northrup-Grumman, Formerly Litton)

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.:
    Started my gaming life when i was about 5 years old with the Atari VCS. When I hit 8 my parents bought me a Mattel Aquarius. Boy was I in heaven! My brother and I pitched in for a NES in 1986. Bought a Genesis around 1993. A Sega Saturn at launch. A N64 (if only for Mario 64 and Goldeneye). Xbox at launch. Too many arcade games to list.
    I'm the current owner of California Raisins Prototype for the NES. Owner of the long since dead segasaturn.org.
    Never been to a CGE
    I AM going next year no matter what! Hope to meet you all there!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I am Digital Database, I am not at liberty to say my name online, but I am an avid gamer, and a small time collector.

I hope I can get to know some of you guys in the future!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Klaus, I'm a college teacher (Political Science), 45, I'm a native German (wiss an accent). I've been living in the US since 1989, mostly in Milwaukee, WI where I currently reside.

I was hooked onto videogames since I discovered the first warp zone in SMB for the NES, that was back in 1989. Since then I just LOVE videogames, they fascinate me, they are great entertainment. I'm also very interested in questions which go beyond playing - the history of videogames, market economics for games and companies, the development of the game industry and what the future will hold, and the conditions of game development back then and now.

I'm more of a videogame player rather than a collector. However, I can relate to the mindset of a collector. I'm pedantic with a capital P, and If I'd collect it would open floodgates - and that scares me. What prevents me from crossing the line is my aversion for avarage or even bad games - I just don't want them on my game shelves, a bad game almost hurts my feelings. I'm subscribed to three mags - Nintendo Power, Gamepro, and Game Informer. By just playing I collected so far around 220 games. I have also a nice collection of game mags (Nintendo Power, EGM, GamePro, all mint, around 700), and around 120 strategy guides (all mint) from the early Nintendo Power Guides and early Prima Guides in black and white - I'm a map fanatic. For all the game systems themselves I have still the boxes in mint condition with all the advertisements....and, like a true videogame nut, I have also a gameroom.

Here's a list of the games I have (all complete, all mint, noteworthy: I finished all the NES and SNES games):
    http://users.ign.com/collection/lendelin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody. I guess I should go ahead and officially introduce myself. Already met a few people at the CGE this year, but there's a bunch more people to meet!

- Who you are
    98PaceCar aka Darren Sulfridge

- Where you live
    Dallas Texas

- How you found the forums
    Found the forum from a link on the cgexpo.com page. Started reading the CGE info and just tracked back to the main Digital Press site.

- What your favorite games are
    Too many to list.. Right now: Halo , KOTOR, Warlords (arcade), Galaga (arcade), Millipede (arcade), Mortal Kombat (1-3 arcade), ...

- What systems you collect for
    I'm mainly an arcade collector, but I've also got a couple 2600's, Dreamcast, Xbox, 3DO, C64, a couple Amigas, NGPC, and GBA.

- What you do in "real life"
    I'm a Powerbuilder/Oracle programmer writing programs for utility companies.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc
    I've been a minor collector since I got my first 2600 in the early 80's (which I still have and use!). Spent some time in the NES world and have dabbled in just about every console out there. Started collecting arcade games about 4 years ago and am up to 20 uprights, one cocktail, one pinball, and about 40 boards for various other games. Currently restoring a Star Wars upright, Defender, and Asteroids along with a few other minor projects.

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

My name is John , I am 24 years old. I live in Concord , OH. I've been collecting for about three years. I started collecting when I got out of the Marine Corps and picked up all those games of yesteryear. I found these forums searching for some good classic gaming sites.

My fav games are Ikaruga (GC) , Goldeneye(N64) , Gunsmoke , 1942 , Balloon Fight , Ice Climber , Galaga (all) , Tecmo Super Bowl , Baseball Stars (all nes unless noted).

I collect for NES , SNES , N64 , GC , SMS , Genny , TG16 (just started) , GB/GBA

I worked Armed Security at a Secure Facility.

My first systems were Intellevision and Atari Computer , long since discarded I love video games new and old. Just glad to find other people like me somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default finally introducing myself...

David Flemming, from SouthEastern, WI.

Found the forums years ago, as a lurker, and just recently started posting.

My favorite video games by system (mostly old ones):
    2600 - Robot Tank, 5200 - Wizard of Wor, 7800 - Alien Brigade, Jaguar - Iron Soldier, Lynx - Pinball Jam, Astrocade - Incredible Wizard, Coleco - Q*bert, Invtellivision - Tron Deadly Discs, Odyssey2 - Pick Axe Pete, Vectrex - Mine Storm.

As far as collecting, I have a decent sized variety of older systems. I don't collect for many modern system, aside from the GBA SP and the Nintendo GameCube. My favorite system is the Odyssey2. I grew up with this system, and it has grown on me over the years. Just can't get enough of it. I started collecting foreign games for the O2 last year, and am still going strong trying to complete my collection. All other systems I have I just collect games that I really like to play. No real big rare items (at least, none that I haven't sold off in the last few years).

In 'real life', I have a number of jobs that I do. My main job is as a Computer Operator for a large international corporation. Ok job, but I've been doing this for too many years, and it's getting boring. But it pays the bills.
    On the side: I maintain websites for a few clients, run a very small Macintosh consulting service, am the President of a gaming club (The Fellowship of the Black Spot), Edit and publish the 'Ink Blot' gaming newsletter, plus other things too numerous to mention. This is one reason why I'm so darn busy.
    You can check out some of my web stuff at www.ozyr.com or www.fbshq.org.

I started collecting/playing video games when the RCA Studio II came out. My mother got it through BostenStore, where she worked. Loved the sytem back then, hate it with a passion today (it's crap). My second system was the Atari VCS, which died the first day I had it! Ended up returning it and buying an Odyssey2 instead. I haven't stopped playing the Odyssey2 ever since. Of course, as the years have gone by, I''ve been collecting for more and more systems. It is a fun hobby, but it can get expensive. Most I ever payed for a game was $262! Hope that never happens again. One nice thing, being 'Single', is that I don't have have anyone complaining about all the space that the games are taking up (four+ big rooms and counting).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Hi, I'm Isometric Bacon and I'm a 18 year old male, currently in high school. I've been addicted to videogames ever since I was a child, and it show's no sign's of stopping anytime soon

- Where you live - Australia Mate. Adelaide, South Australia to be more specific. Needless to say, I don't think i'll be going to any of your meetings.

I followed a link on DCemulation.com forums through a thread that was asking for a good videogames forum.

Ooh. Far too many to mention. You should know that you can't ask an avid games player that question. At the moment though, Ghost's N Ghouls takes the cake.

I don't really 'collect' per se. But I buy games I want for my Xbox/Dreamcast.

Study. *cough* (if you could call it that :P)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OUR NAMES ARE CHRIS & KAROL FATHER AND SON WE ARE COLLECTING MEMORABILIA TWO YEARS AND WE HAVE A LOT OF FUN TOGETHER AND WHAT IS IMPORTANT WE DOES TOGETHER.
    WE ALSO BUYING LOT OF MEMORABILIA NENTENDO & ATARI AND IF SOMEBODY HAVE SOMETHING TO SALE WHIT FUN EMAIL ME PLEASE.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lets see .

1. I am 22 , I live in Las Vegas and am married .
    2. Currently i work at a Computer sales and repair shop , and i am hoping to goto school soon ( if i can get a stinking loan :P )
    3.I started playing games when i was 4 years old , i remember getting a atari for my birthday .can't remember which one though .. but my love for videogames grew like wildfire over those years in the 80's .. I am completely devoted to playing games and i am starting a collection of my own. Thanks to the internet i can share my stories and experiences with you all here at digitpress.com
    4.I currently own , PS2,Xbox,Gamecube,SNES,Nintendo 64,Sega Genesis,Gameboy SP.
    5. I have been looking at forums for classic and new video games ..i believe this is the best one i can find people here are nice and helpful and don't flame you for being "basic" to the collecting interest. I can't wait to see more of you in my posts !! [/list]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

skot hanna
    edmonton alberta canada
    from a friend
    specific games or genres? games, i dunno. genres, fighting, shooters, strategy, whatever.
    damn near everything.
    i work in an independant videogame store.
    freedom through your stereo

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

David White

South Carolina

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone.

I am a highschool student, who collects games with a passion.

My first system was a NES when I was a kid. I then moved on with the Super NES, and the received an Atari VCS.

Systems i collect for: NES, Atari 5200, Virtual Boy, Super NES, Master System.

Current favorite games: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Balloon Fight (thats a given), Halo, Galaga, Dig Dug, Galaxian, Capcom vs. SNK 2.

My favorite genres have to be arcade and fighting.

I knew about this site a long time ago from a friend but never joined the forums until now.

Insert Coin (Level 0) careerbellman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, My name is Jim and I live in San Francisco, I dont think there are any classic gamers in this city, havent seen any. Anyways I love music and old video games and Horror movies. Im into Hammer movies, anything with Vincent Price, John Carradine, Jack Palance, Peter Cushing. I love really bad Barbarian/Fantasy movies as well. I love my cats and my girlfriend, and would love to trade games and VHS and DVD's with people.
    Nothing can clench you thirst except rum and gold.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone.

My name is Mike and I live in South Milwaukee, WI.

Someone at http://www.gametz.com told me about these forums. I check them a lot but rarely post.

Some of my favorite games are Earthbound, Suikoden I+II, Pirates!, Civilization, Halo, Space Harrier, Super Mario RPG, Snatcher, Super Mario Bros. 3, Outrun, and Nights Into Dreams.

The systems I most enjoy collecting for are Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, NES, and SNES. I am currently going for a complete collection of Sega 32X games and have 8 more to go. (Already have Spiderman)

In "real life" I am a college student. Currently unemployed but during the summer I had a pretty fun job in an IT Department for a 1500 employee company. I am majoring in computer science and hope to someday become a computer programmer or to work in IT.

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I've been here a couple of months so I might as well introduce myself.

My name is Charles and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA (you won't believe the number of people think New Mexico is in a different country). I'm a Unix and VMS system admin for a Semiconductor Fab and I've been involved with computers since I was a teenager. I'm 43 and I guess that makes me one of the geezers on this forum (In my day we didn't have fancy computers to play video games. We had ROCKS! And we liked it! We loved it!).

I've been gaming off and on now for about 28 years. I started with the arcade games and then later on computers and then home consoles. I don't remember clearly the first arcade game I played but I do remember when I played my first computer game. It was 1976 and it was Star Trek on my fathers computer: an Altair 8800 (hence my alias). I was hooked. My father couldn't afford both a video terminal and a printer so he got a printer with a keyboard attached. I must of used up at least two reams of paper playing nothing but Star Trek and that was back when computer paper was expensive.

My next gaming experience happened when a friend of mine bought an Atari 400 in 1979. It came with Star Raiders. I camped out at my friends apartment many a time and he kicked me out at least couple of times. So I didn't play the 2600 until after I was already hooked on the 8-bit and when I did I wasn't impressed. But I played it anyway and discovered that gameplay on the VCS was better with some games than the Atari 8-bit (Super Breakout for example).

Since then I've bought the Game Gear, Lynx, Jaguar, Atari 7800 and the Game Boy systems. Until 1998, however, I would consider myself a casual gamer, playing maybe a couple hours a month on average. Then I went to World of Atari in 1998 at Las Vegas. I had no idea that many people were still into Atari computers and games and, as a result my own interest in gaming climbed rapidly. My current colletion is now probably four times in size then what it was in 1998.

The Game Boy systems are my latest acquistion (Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA and GBA-SP - I got them all) and I've been playing Tetris, Links Awakening and Brain Games, which I just got at CGE2K3. I've also been playing the 10-in-1 Atari system I found at Game Stop. Every once in a while I play Galaga via MAME on my PC. I tend to play more of the classic games since for me game play is what it's all about. My favorite game has to be Defender on the Atari 8-bit. I rule that game on the 8-bit (but I suck on the arcade version). I love Joust too, especially on the Lynx.

I've known about this site for a couple of years now after I bought the 6th edition of the DP guide at either CGE2K or CGE2K1 (can't remember). It was only recently that I joined the forum when Retrotaku showed me all the neat topics that have been posted.

I collect for the systems I listed above but lately I've been thinking about getting a Dreamcast. Retrotaku just bought one and I want to hear his thoughts before I take the "plunge" (not much of one - Dreamcasts are cheap! $30!). I don't own a modern console system and probably won't until I can get one for under $100. If the next game crash comes I'll be there buying up some consoles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Found this topic....

I hope no one gets made at me for bumping this up...like a lot of other boards I go to...if you bump an old topic, they get mad at you. But oh well... I might as well introduce myself.

My name is Lane. I've heard about this website for a long time, but I've never really taken a chance to go here. I have never boughten a print edition of DP, because I can never find one around here.

I am intrested in retro games (recently bought a NES and a SNES back into my collection), Prototypes (never bought anything off of EBay though, because mainly of underage reasons and the consulting of the parents, because they'll think I'm buying porn), and unreleased games.

And that's my story.
    ProtoPages.net
    It's about the prototypes, baby!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It just dawned on me that i've been here for 8 months or so.......and never did one of these.......or maybe i just couldn't find it. but here it is......

- Who you are

I'm mark......that's me

- Where you live

NW Ohio, a town called St. Marys if that means anything to anybody

searching for info on sealed NES games, i stumbled across a yahoo link to the ebay insanity forum on the old board........then it took me a month to find the link at the top of the page, thus leading to the NEW board!

the unaskable question, NES is what i really love. basic stuff, i dont mind if a game takes 10 years to complete as long as i feel like i'm getting somewhere everytime i play it, and there aren't 100,000 buttons to remember. but, i do like some games with 100,000 buttons......just takes time for me to get into them.......and it's an ugly addiction once i do.(old megaman, SMB, power pad games, and alot of black box nes titles were really great, o ya.......MT's Punchout)

seems like everything but sega really, i like sega stuff i just never got into it. (NES, and newer systems mainly but i have about every other system between.....to stack up in the back somewhere)

man.....another tough one......i'm the weird guy.......that makes monuments. not likely that i'll stir up any business here as i hope everybody is in good health......but thats what i do. and since all the supplies and tools are readily available, i also clean up metal.......like car parts and junk like that.....rusted stuff that needs the rust to be gone and i blast stuff into field rocks, family names for people to set in front of their house, school logos.......blah blah.....weird stuff

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc

not anything really interested, but i find it fascinating......i never ever have time to play and watch all the games and movies i buy......yet that doesn't stop me from unloading every spare dollar i have into it. it's kind of a bad obsession but i guess it's better than crack.......maybe this is what crack is like?