Page 18 of 164 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings, fellow gamers.

It was nice to get a warm welcome to this website. I found it while Googling for video game rooms. I used to think we had a lot of games, but our collection is nothing compared to some of these I've seen! I'm in awe.

I'm from the great state of Tennessee, and am in my early 30's. I work as a Web developer / project manager. I am happily married to a gorgeous woman, who is also an avid gamer (she's Aremid23, who posts here as well). We have 2 labrador retrievers who like to play games too, although their idea of playing games is limited to licking the controller while I'm in the middle of a boss fight :P

It's hard to pick a favorite game. Contra (NES) is probably my all-time favorite, with Tetris (NES), Dr. Mario (NES), Toejam and Earl (Genesis), Devil May Cry (PS2), Silent Hill 3 (PS2), Final Fantasy X (PS2), Kingdom Hearts (PS2), Halo (Xbox), and Splinter Cell (Xbox) being other favorites.

I'm not really a serious collector. I just buy games that I want to play, regardless of what system. We have 25 consoles (for now), and we buy for all of them whenever we find something we want to play.

My desire to start getting this serious about gaming came after I met my wife. I have always played games, but as I got into my 20's, my gaming habit had been reduced to the occasional GoldenEye frag-fest or Mario Kart 64 race with my friends. Then I met my wife, who was also into games. She really brought back my love of games. Now, we play and go shopping for new games together all the time. Life is good.

Xbox Live Gamertag: kobaxter
    Our Game Collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

- Who you are
    steve z

- Where you live
    outside cleveland ohio

- How you found the forums
    someone mentioned it on www.nesworld.com

- What your favorite games are
    mostly rpg's, and golden tee of course

- What systems you collect for
    whatever carts i can find for really cheap. mainly nes

- What you do in "real life"
    mri tech

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    "interesting" no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, I guess this calls for an introduction

My name is Richard Paquette, I’m 28 and from Derby, Connecticut in the USA.

I was informed about this site from a friend (Kidnemo) on www.the-nextlevel.com forums, I was in search of something I really wanted badly and I was told I might find some help here

I’m mostly into RPGs and Strategy RPGs, though I will play almost anything from shooters to sports and everything in between, Squaresoft is my favorite developer amongst the bunch, but there are quite a few others I like as well I also love games with werewolves in them, undoubtedly my favorite gaming werewolf is none other then Jon Talbain of course

I collect games for many different systems, mostly 8-bit up though, but I have a good selection from NES to import systems and arcade boards as well. I have a very nice collection of Squaresoft titles from way back to their beginning to more recent as well as a almost complete collection of every Final Fantasy game ever made

In my real life I do design and drafting as a CADD Operator, the company I work for does primarily restoration and rehabilitation of existing structures, some of the jobs we work on include historical landmarks such as the New York Stock Exchange and the US Capitol Dome in Washington DC, we also do work for businesses and various other projects as well.

I play video games and collect them as well, I’m active in the gaming community and have done several beta tests as well as evaluations for one of the gaming developers which is pretty nice

I started playing game in the arcades and over my friends house, my first gaming system was the Atari 2600 which I loved to death… damn joystick boots wouldn’t stay on though :P I didn’t really start collecting till some time after though, right around the beginning of the 32-bit era, I hardly sold my older stuff so I had a decent amount of games already to start with, sometimes I’m a bit obsessed with collecting but lately I cut down… no really

I work a lot and really don’t have much free time, so unfortunately gaming is somewhat limited now for me… but I love to game when ever I get some free time from work

I’m an easy going person usually a mellow guy whose somewhat quiet as well, I’m not perfect though and have regrets on past misdeeds… but through them I’ve become a better person I believe.

I love nature and animals, I’m particularly fond of wolves… I really can’t explain why but I have some sort of deep feeling for wolves, it is something that I feel in my heart that just is right and very familiar when I see them which also explains my love of werewolves… not the stupid horror movie monsters, but rather a werewolves of nature and how I feel inside.

So that’s pretty much it, I value family and friends, love nature and it’s creatures as well as try to help those I can, I’m certainly not the greatest but that doesn’t matter as long as I’m happy and with those who care about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey fellow gamers!

First of all, I'd like to say how cool this thread is. What a great way to learn more about everyone! Now on to me...

I am a 26 year old gamer (a girl gamer). I live in TN with my husband, 2 Labs, and 2 Tabby cats. I learned of this site from Voodoo (my husband's name on this site) when he emailed me the link to this site while I was at work one day last week. I was thrilled to discover that this board is as lively and friendly as it is.

Hmmm... my fave games. I'll try to keep it short. I consider both individual games and/or its series to be my favorite. Most of these are my fave series of games. They include:
    Super Mario Bros. (nes)
    Castlevania
    Mortal Kombat
    Silent Hill
    Devil May Cry
    Kingdom Hearts
    Ninja Gaiden
    Tony Hawk
    Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (xbox)
    Onimusha
    Ms. Pac Man
    SSX Tricky (GCN)
    Golden Sun - my first completed traditional RPG

We collect for all the systems we own (http://voodoo_game.tripod.com). Our collection isn't as huge as most collectors' because we mainly buy them because we want to play them. Lately, we've been buying alot of games for the current consoles. My next system purchase (I hope) is going to be a Sega Saturn import.

When I'm not gaming, or giving much attention to my 2 doggies, I'm working I handle the accounting for a wholesale company. Nothing spectacular, but it pays the bills and buys me games.

I started playing when I was about 4 or 5. I got hooked on my cousin's Atari 2600. My parents were great enough to support my gaming obsession and buy me one of my own. When the NES came out, it was all downhill from there, lol. Any Mario game probably holds the record for most hours played. I remember my brother and I staying up late many nights playing and/or beating any given Mario game.

I never started "collecting" until the mid 90's... around the 32-bit era, when I learned about used game stores. I started buying NES games that I had usually rented or borrowed from a friend, but never owned. I was, and still am, estatic when I met my husband in the late 90s and learned of his gaming interests and we began collecting together. Needless to say, we were perfect for one another

I have always been partial to Nintendo, but love playing and buying other systems and their games!

As a girl gamer, I always made alot of friends (yes, mainly guys) and they were surprised when I could actually 'play'. I've never been afraid to admit that I absolutely love video games. I take my GBA SP to work with me all the time! Although girl gamers seem rare, I never classified myself as such. I'm just a gamer, who can usually hold her own. And fortunately, most gamers that I meet, only notice me as a "gamer". So that's cool.

Dpad Junkies - // Get Your Fix //

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Hi, I'm Rob

Hi Folks,

I know that this is my 676th post, but I realized when talking to NESuser2/Mark Spring, I realized that I never did properly introduce myself. My apologies. Mark was telling me about when he started collecting, so I told him my tale. Here's a recap:

Hi Mark!

Doing a little cleaning here just before I logged on myself. Making room for more games...sigh. It's incredible how I constantly run out of room and find yet another way to consolidate all my crap.

I remember when I was 13-14 (I'm 25 now), I had about 35 NES games and I thought I had this huge collection....one day my best friend moved away...Smyrna, GA. Well, he was and is still one of the most knowledgeable and skilled gamers I know, and we talked all the time over long distance. Back then there was no 5c per minute stuff. Well anyway, I got this $400 phone bill and my parents almost shot me. I took my friend's ass-crappy 1 speed bike and trekked it 6 miles to sell a bunch of my games.

Well, I vowed that would never happen again, so around '96 or so I really began to actively collect. I can't believe I've only been on the forums for a little over a year, I think....

The last year or so has seen my collection get enormous. I have nearly 30 systems,and probably 1500-2000 games. I really have no clue how I store it all. If my room wasn't so cramped, I'd add some pics of my collection to the gameroom pics on the forum.

I graduated from college in 2000, and I've been paying off school loans and trying to save for a down payment on a house while staying with my folks....seems to be working out...plan to be outta here in a couple years *knocks on wood.* I really should pay more toward bills and less toward games, but...well you know

Hey, I think I'll paste the above few paragraphs into the introduce yourself section of the forum, since I never really did get around to that. Better late than never.

-Rob
    So that's me, folks. I got a BS in computer information systems, yet instead of really designing them, I sell them....well, I work as a corporate account manager at PC Connection and sell anything computer related...so let me know if ya wanna buy something (price match me and I'll beat em...definitely want you to get the best deal...after all, any computer stuff you buy just ends up being for games anyway, ) ! I'll hook you up just for being a DP member! You guys have helped me so much, I try to give back whenever possible.

I look forward to chatting woth you all.

Game On!

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Zach, and I live in Nashville, TN, the Music City. And that's exactly why I'm here - to play music. But that's off topic.

I've been playing video games since the age of 3, and I got into collecting about 5 years ago when my long time obsession with the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 reached its all time high. I used drool over the few screen shots I saw of "the Real Super Mario Bros. 2" and I dreamed of having enough money to buy a "Nintendo Disk Drive" from one of the companies advertising in the back of Electronic Gaming Monthly. When the internet really got going (with poularity of the World Wide Web) I started researching the Famicom Disk System and eventually took the eBay plunge a bought a system. Through other channels I was able to import a brand new AV Famicom (they weren't all over eBay, yet) and after some serious drive belt replacement projects, I was up and running with the floppy disk version of Mario 2.

Things have really snowballed since then, and I've gotten into all things Atari, I've acquired several Japanese systems (Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Green Pokemon GBA) and games, and I'm afraid there's no looking back.

I'm staying somewhat up to date with my Dreamcast and GameCube, and it's all I can do to keep myself from buying both the PS2 and XBOX. I just don't give the games I already own the time that they deserve, so I don't feel right about buying more hardware at retail prices.

To fund my collection habits, I work for myself as a web designer and programmer. I'm into computers, of course, but not so much for gaming. I've had some great runs with Doom, Quake, and Sim City, but my heart will always belong to consoles.

In my spare time I play and sing lead in an original rock band (No country music for me! Nashville's "rock scene" is actually huge!)

I have a BS in Computer Science from the University of Evansville, in Evansville, IN.

I'm not sure how I came across DP, but I submitted a "Lore" entry that made it into the Sixth Edition of the collector's guide. I love this site and these forums, and I'm happy to finally be a part of the action.

I currently have 16 consoles and a dedicated MAME computer hooked up via a network of AV/S-video switches to my entertainment rig. All of the RF-only systems have been modded to output composite or S-video. Check out the pic in my signature!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like rbudrick, I never properly introduced myself either, so here goes....

I live South of Detroit, MI but am going to relocate to Phoenix, AZ in a matter of weeks.

I initially found this site while trying to dig up some facts on the laseractive. From there I searched around and found these boards.

My favorite games are the Zelda and DDR series, but I also go for any decent FPS.

I really don't collect for a particular system, I just buy what I like and will play. I've got all of the the mainstream consoles, but am more fascinated by the obscure ones.

I really don't do anything in life. I just graduated from college with a degree in Computer Information Systems, and finding a job right now is real tough. My goal is web design, but I'll take just about anything short of McDonald's right now

I was always a big game fanatic, but my parents never really saw it. We jumped from 2600 to NES and thats where it stopped. Once I got a job I bought an N64 and there has been no stopping me since!

I got a kick start "collecting" once I started working at Funcoland. Working there definitely had its benefits! Once I was able to score Dragon Ball GT for only $50 and FF2 Super CIB and FF3 Super CIB for only $20 each, I started getting into it. As soon as I landed two decent Saturn lots for a mere $10 I was hooked!

I'm not a collector by any means compared to most of these guys, in fact, I plan on parting with most of my stuff recently. But I find these boards an excellent means to finally communicate with some people on the same wavelength.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hallo.

My name's Jai, or Delgrace, which coined from my middle name and sorta stuck. I've been a gamer for, uhh, a while. Grew up with the Master System, which over in New Zealand and Australia did pretty well. Loved my Master System, and the few games we had (me and my family were pretty poor back then, and couldn't afford much). My cousin had a Mega Drive (err...Genesis, I guess), and my other cousin had a Super Nintendo. I sorta envied them both 'til I ended up with a Playstation later on.

I'm not sure what became of my Master System, but my cousin's SNES broke somewhere down the line, and my other cousin gave his Mega Drive to my grandparents when he bought a Saturn. Then his Saturn broke (they're all a bit rough), and the rest is history. That was all a few years ago.

Now, in better times, we're a bit richer (although not by much), and I get the odd bit of money. I wanted to get back to my Sega roots, so I bought a Saturn sometime last year. Of course finding old Sega games is a major pain in the ass over here in Australia, so I've yet to break even 10 titles. I was also meant to go garage sale hunting for the first time in years today, but I woke up at 12, so that was pretty much out of the question (which was disappointing, because there was one just down the road somewhere and I hope I didn't miss anything good). I'll probably have to find some good pawnshops or something.

But now I'm rambling. I'm a Sega man at heart, but I'm wise enough to know when something makes good tradebait, so I'll pretty much get anything I can if it's good and I can afford it. My collection is...tiny (as in, tiny tiny), but I'm only 15, so I've still got a few years ahead of me.

So hi.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    I'm Stian "Carnivol" Schultz.
    Collector of mostly anything, day-dreaming dude and creative bastard.
    18 and a half year old...
    But still with the experience of many generations.
    Quick learner and fast typer (type 'o holic)

- Where you live
    Norway, the country with a copyright on overpricing!

Through Martin (Nesworld).
    He posted some stuff about this place...
    (every once in a while, but it's first now that I decided to join-in myself)

Oh... Difficult one...
    Mostly any game that keeps me entertained...

Any, all, everything!
    Give it to me and I'll take it!
    Offer it to me and I'll trade for it (or buy it if I got money)
    Drop it on the ground and I'll pick it up, tell you I found it, and either tell you to give it to me or claim my 10% finders fee!

I'm currently a student at RID
    (Reklame, Illustrasjon og Design/Commercial, Illustration and Design)
    Already got some papers that says I'm an artist...
    Yeah, that's what I am. A creative artist... Yay ^_^
    Also, I'm currently sys-admin for my class (and therefor get extra papers for that )

Earlier, I did some freelance work for some different places, doing reviews and previews of games... So I've gathered a huge collection of crap through the years... Yeah, the decided to send me mostly the crappy games and let me do those... Well, atleast I got some goodies/freebies ^_^

Hmm... I'm not realy interesting... I guess...
    But I quickly notice details, I quickly learn, and I've basicly been raised by games... So... I'm just continuing my life of gaming...
    And trying not to forget the past... (even though certain parts could've been forgotten, if I ever got the chance to chose so)

Danke, that's about it.

Oh, yeah, if you see someone named Carnivol somewhere else...
    I guess that it's like a 110% chance that it's me...
    I'm everywhere baby!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Bryan Roppolo and I go under the handle "Toucan". Hopefully I can get this image I have of a Toucan here for use with my Avitar. As to my location, I am in Pittsburgh, PA and not too far from BuyAtari who's in Cleveland.

I found these forums by way of Joe Santulli himself. As you might know me from comp.sys.ti or rec.games.video.classic as a TI-99 and Tomy Tutor collector. I'm trying to get some pages made of these wonderful systems, since it seems many don't know much about them in the classic gaming circles. Happy to be here!

Toucan
    Perched in a Palm Tree - Toucan

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey guys, im logan and im 14, i started collecting when i was 4, i have beaten most of my games(i have a pretty big collection) i recently into a game called record of lodoss war for Dreamcast, its kinda like diablo 2 which is my favorite pc game. i have a nes, snes, genny, dreamcast, ps2, my own pc, and a gba sp, i really do like to trade, so if you want any game for any of my systems(i will either have it or can get it) i live in wisconsin rapids, WI. im looking for an xbox and will hopefully get one soon. i go with the same handle on www.fatmangames.com (mr_jiggles_13) and im doajigglehead on the tecmo forums. i really like this site, it suites all my needs

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Adam Hofslund and I am 18. I live in Bossier City, LA. I found the forums searching the web for classic gaming sites. My favorite games are Castlevania: symphony of the night, the sims, baldur's gate dark alliance, ninja gaiden series on nes, and the castlevania series on the nes.The systems I collecto for are: atari 2600, atari jaguar,ps1,ps2,nes,n64,snes,gamegear, gameboy color and advance,sega dreamcast, genesis, sega cd, sega 32x, and the sega master system.As of the moment all I do is go to school until I graduate this year then im off to college.I began collecting when i went to a local gamestore and saw all the classic stuff i grew up with and I was inspired to collect.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default newbie

Good evening.I am new to the board.A friend of mien recommened me to this page.I am long time gamer that dates back to 1980.Been playing video games since then.I do prefer the RPG style games and the survival horror genre.I just wanted to say hi and look around.I do own an older puter so i do have access to some puter games plus i own a PS2 with an extensive collection of ps and ps2 games.I do own a saturn with a few good games.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hey, I'm friends with Hikura from another board. i suggested he come here since he had some video game questions and things topossibly buy and sell. Be gentle with him since he's new. ^_^
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello guys. I am Ter Micharoni in Staten Island, NY. I'm sure Joe and a lot of you remember me for my old fanzine, Zap!, which was produced in the early 90's. I did a search for my name and it's mentioned on this board like three times (for giving hints). I started gaming in 1979, and today have over 500 games, 500+ video game magazines, dozens of gaming toys, over 20 systems, three computers, and tons of misc. posters, catalogs, books, codes, fanzines, etc. My name has also appeared in EGM and Electronic Games. I also hold the top score for Monster Lair for the NEC Turbo Grafx CD-ROM. I have several sites, and the main one is in my sig below. My favorite game of all-time is Ys: Book I and II for the Turbo Grafx CD. Well, happy gaming!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damned! can't remember all the questions now! !
    Gary Tabar Jr.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Gawd for Cut n Paste! !

Tell us any or all of the following:

- Who you are
    Gareee, Gary Tabar

- Where you live
    Waynesville, NC

Hunting for info on sega saturn emulation, and Nights into Days specifically

Havta Be Bounty Bob, and all the cool Synapse titles for the old atari 800 computers, Unreal Tournament, Undying, Alice, Joust, Mario, Zelda, Diablo, Unreal, Drakken

Manily emulators and roms for the old game console systems, because I still have a WHOLE closet FULL of my old computers, disc drives, and discs.. atari 800, 1200xl, happy drives, amiga 1200, WAY too much trouble lugging those around all these years...
    I'll dump them SOME day... Yeah, RIGHT! !

Currently living off the Wife (actually we saved up bought a new home, and land, and I'm developing it full time.)

I go back to my original VCS, Pong, and my 1st love, my old atari 800.
    I did a little game graphic for a company on it, worked for Walt Disney World for 13 years, worked with Disney project animation for a little while, and am now loving the mountains in NC...
    Gary Tabar Jr.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Michael, though most call me Mike. I have been into videogames since I was seven years of age. I just recently started getting into SNK games and bought myself a Neo-Geo AES. When I am not playing the Neo-Geo I am playing my Dreamcast or Super Nintendo. I am graduating from hishschool this December and I plan to go to a four year college. I still have some love for 3D gaming but for the most part, 2D gaming is where its at. My favorite fighter of all time is Last Blade 1, a true classic.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From around a corner you're sure wasn't there a moment ago, stroles a creature of infinite beauty, power, and wisdom.She pauses, adjusting the brim of her hat whilst her wandering eyes move gingerly over the crowd. The faint glimmer of a mischievous smile forms upon her countenance...

"Hello everyone," her voice is soft and reminds you of a joyful song from deep within your callow years. "I am Tabbs. One might recognize me as the Master of the Universe, or one might not. After all, it is not every lucky mortal that has the pleasure of spending time with a deity."

Once more, a playful smile flashes across her features. "I make my home where I will, moving freely through your world." She pauses, emiting a quiet chuckle, "Perhaps I should say my world . . ." With a wink and a nod, she moves further into the room. "While wandering amungst you, a particulaly boisterous young man dirrected my attentions here. You may thank him as you like, but your time is mine at present."

The light seems to shift and follow her in movement about the room. "One might ask why a deity would bother with such a place? I do hope you not so arrogant to hold this place above that which grants you life." With these words she turns abot, her eyes piercing though each of you. "When I am not seeing to it that the universe stays in balance or toying with human lives
    , I do enjoy the occasional video game." She emits another soft giggle before piping up once more. "OR . . . perhaps I'm just here for more meddling??"

It seems she has fallen silent, though she attracts no less of your attention in such a state. Working her way through the room with a light nod to the occasional mortal, she moves for the corner through which she came around. Reality shifts before your eyes as she dissapears behind what is now a solid wall. You rub your eyes, glancing about at those around you, each asking the same silent question . . . "Have you all gone mad??"
    Tabbs Lawson, A Lawson by choice, a Lawson forever!