Page 22 of 164 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

La de da. This reminds me of those mixer type games you end up playing at various social functions.

20 year old poor as dirt University Student doing B.Comm / Comp Sci joint degree.
    Extra cash goes towards my nes collection. Aprox 300 in so shes getting there.

- Ralph "The Goofy Newfie"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Rob, 22 years old. Living in the Netherlands (Enschede).
    First found those ultimate gamerooms (think by a lucky Google click) and after that i found these forums. Love to read a bout other people who collect nice stuff
    In real life i'm a student (something with computers )

Favorite games are mostley Nintendo games or Nintendo style games. Besides that i love Gran Turismo 3

I don't collect for a particular system, period or brand. Everything i get my hands on and is a console is welcome in my little collection (from homecomputers to nextgen's). But Nintendo and Sega systems are my main thing. I also prefer hardware instead of games (and i like the hardware boxed)
    Currently i'm owning the follow systems:
    Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Gameboy and GBA (all boxed)
    Sega: Mastersystem, Megadrive, Megdrive II, MegaCD II, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameGear (all boxed)
    Atari: 2600 and 7800 (both boxed) (also got an 1040 STf with box)
    Sony: Playstation and Playstation II (only box i'm missing ... the Playstation box )
    (and for the rest an C128, but Homecomputers are not my thing)

Started collecting for about a year ago, together with a mate. Got most of the main systems. To bad i don't have such a budget to buy specials or console's like an AES or PC Engine etc. (those are expensive bitches in Holland/Europe). For those systems i've got about 175 games. Nothing special i think (maybe my near mint Lunar Eternal Blue for Sega CD wich i get for free together with a saturn )
    Also got about 80 pc games, but i quit "collecting" them since they put all games in DVD boxes here in europe.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi i,m rob 23 years old, i,m that mate of speedy. Ive been also collecting for a year now and the collection is getting bigger and bigger. I life in the netherlands(almelo) it,s a city next to enschede. I mainly collect and i,m not playing games the whole day.

My collection about now consist the following systems.

Nintendo: NES,SNES,N64,GC,Gameboy,gameboy pocket, gameboy advance sp, and a few game and watches.
    Sega: master sytem 2, genesis 1,2,mega cd,32x,gamegear,saturn,dreamcast
    Atari: 2600 3 different versions,7800,65xe,800xe,1040,lynx,jaguar.
    Misc: coleco vision, oddesy2, cdi, etc I can,t think of everything now. But almost every thing is boxed and in a goed condition. And over 500 games.
    http://users.ign.com/collection/jawa600 but not everything is listed here.

I,m still a student at the same study as speedy.

I,m hope to read some great stuff here on digitpress. And wil post some thing in the future.

Play-on retroplayer.
    play-on

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everybody, what's up? My name is Jeff and I am an 18 year old college student from Canada. I have just over 200 games" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: games';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">games</a> in total across 8 or so consoles. I have only been collecting for about a half a year and am loving it
    I am hoping to get into the console/electronic repair business upon completion of my Electronic Engineering technician course, mainly so I can buy consoles dirt cheap and fix them up myself

I wish this site continued success in the future and hopefully it will get better every year!
    Taste The Rainbow!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fellow gamers!
    My name is Chris, living in cold Canada. Edmonton to be exact.
    Ive been hangin around here for a week or so, taking in all that is here!
    Ive just recently started "collecting" but have been into gaming pretty much since I was young. I sold off all my coleco, NES and SNES collections years ago and now am trying to get them back. This is a great hobby and Im glad to have found this site! I wont write a novel, but just wanted to say hi.

My collection so far includes:

Intellivision with 36 games
    Genensis with 5 games
    SNES with 30ish games
    Dreamcast with 6 games
    Xbox with 23 games
    Halleys Comet arcade machine
    MAME arcade machine I built

So a decent start, but OMG some of you guys ARE GODS!

Glad to be here!

Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, Im Melanie. I live in the tiniest of town on teh Norht Shore of Lake Superior.... being in this palce really limits my video gaming buying options (really only online shopping) but i still lik eto play the gold old ones now and then... gotta love the NES and SNES...... anyways... just thought I'd introduce myself. I really have only started my collecting, but soon i am going to expand my collection to inculde more than age-old Nintendo favs.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, Im Melanie. I live in the tiniest of town on teh Norht Shore of Lake Superior.... being in this palce really limits my video gaming buying options (really only online shopping) but i still lik eto play the gold old ones now and then... gotta love the NES and SNES...... anyways... just thought I'd introduce myself. I really have only started my collecting, but soon i am going to expand my collection to inculde more than age-old Nintendo favs.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

- Who you are : Greg
    - Where you live : Fairfax, Virginia
    - How you found the forums : I recieved an email from a friend with a link to the gameroom pictures, and that was all she wrote!!! Ive finally found a forum were I belong, I am one of the few in my circle of friends that loves video games, I mean going all the way back to the Pong system.
    - What your favorite games are : Atari Combat, Indy 500 (tag mode), Adventure. Coleco Vision: Looping, Smurfs (I loved that game), Miner 2049er, Artic Adventure. Arcade classiscs: Ring King (hence the name) Commando, Yier of Kung Fu, Kung Fu Master, Karate Champ etc...
    - What systems you collect for: Atari2600, Coleco Vision (with atari adapter), Inellivision (actually I only have the intellevoice, strange) Nintendo, sega genesis w/32x, Turbo Grafix16, 3do, N64, Ps1, Dreamcastm Ps2, Xbox
    - What you do in "real life" : Network Engineer for GMU
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Well I currently run a local recording studio with 4 other partners, Love cars, and love video games, I havent been into the classics because I didn't know of sites like this, but now IM BACK!!!!
    Great site, and god bless ya for havin this!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

- Who you are : Greg
    - Where you live : Fairfax, Virginia
    - How you found the forums : I recieved an email from a friend with a link to the gameroom pictures, and that was all she wrote!!! Ive finally found a forum were I belong, I am one of the few in my circle of friends that loves video games, I mean going all the way back to the Pong system.
    - What your favorite games are : Atari Combat, Indy 500 (tag mode), Adventure. Coleco Vision: Looping, Smurfs (I loved that game), Miner 2049er, Artic Adventure. Arcade classiscs: Ring King (hence the name) Commando, Yier of Kung Fu, Kung Fu Master, Karate Champ etc...
    - What systems you collect for: Atari2600, Coleco Vision (with atari adapter), Inellivision (actually I only have the intellevoice, strange) Nintendo, sega genesis w/32x, Turbo Grafix16, 3do, N64, Ps1, Dreamcastm Ps2, Xbox
    - What you do in "real life" : Network Engineer for GMU
    Well I currently run a local recording studio with 4 other partners, Love cars, and love video games, I havent been into the classics because I didn't know of sites like this, but now IM BACK!!!!
    Great site, and god bless ya for havin this!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

- Who you are

Nebagram, optional definite article at the front. Real name is Ben and I like all things that involve videogames and "Countdown".

- Where you live

Lincoln, England- not exactly a hub of videogame activity but I get by.

- How you found the forums

Followed a link from an RPG gaming site. The sad thing is, that was four months ago and I've only just registered...

- What your favorite games are

Anything with "Mario" in the title I guess I'm just a Nintendo whore, really, but Mario games have been tip-top for 18 years (say what you will, I personally couldn't put Sunshine down) for a reason.

- What systems you collect for

Mainly old Sega and Nintendo- I own- Megadrive, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and my most recently acquired pride and joy, an Atari Lynx Mk 1 (with AC adaptor so no going bankrupt on batteries! )

- What you do in "real life"

I work for a software firm. A perk of this is that one of our support technicians has a massive (and I do not use italics lightly) collection, he's the only person I know who practically drooled over his 520ST when it arrived in the post. He's also offered to flog me his Atari Jaguar when he gets bored of it

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc

I only began seriously collecting when I entered gainful employment two years ago, but I've racked up a modest amount of games (137 at last count, plenty more on the way, though) in that time, but I've been playing ever since the days of "Video Pinball" and "Missile Command" on the Atari 2600. That was 1987. I was 4. I am still yet to properly grow up.

So, in summing up, hi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

- Who you are

Nebagram, optional definite article at the front. Real name is Ben and I like all things that involve videogames and "Countdown".

- Where you live

Lincoln, England- not exactly a hub of videogame activity but I get by.

- How you found the forums

Followed a link from an RPG gaming site. The sad thing is, that was four months ago and I've only just registered...

- What your favorite games are

Anything with "Mario" in the title I guess I'm just a Nintendo whore, really, but Mario games have been tip-top for 18 years (say what you will, I personally couldn't put Sunshine down) for a reason.

- What systems you collect for

Mainly old Sega and Nintendo- I own- Megadrive, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and my most recently acquired pride and joy, an Atari Lynx Mk 1 (with AC adaptor so no going bankrupt on batteries! )

- What you do in "real life"

I work for a software firm. A perk of this is that one of our support technicians has a massive (and I do not use italics lightly) collection, he's the only person I know who practically drooled over his 520ST when it arrived in the post. He's also offered to flog me his Atari Jaguar when he gets bored of it

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc

I only began seriously collecting when I entered gainful employment two years ago, but I've racked up a modest amount of games (137 at last count, plenty more on the way, though) in that time, but I've been playing ever since the days of "Video Pinball" and "Missile Command" on the Atari 2600. That was 1987. I was 4. I am still yet to properly grow up.

So, in summing up, hi.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

duuuude.
    edited.
    Last edited by BoOchan; 11-22-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woah damn.
    Last edited by BoOchan; 11-22-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who am I? O I know....

Who you are : Manuel

- Where you live : - Just a little bit north of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

- What your favorite games are : Shenmue (Yu Suzuki is a genius), Phantasy Star 3 and up, Shining Force (beat em all,memorable game!), Final Fantasy Series, Unreal Tournament series, Earthbound (too bad they stopped the series), and almost any RPG.

- What systems you collect for: NES, SNES, Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Game Boy, Sega CD (just started out my collection and got a bunch of rare games for $10 including Snatched!!!), Xbox, PS2, GBA, Gamecube, PC, and hopefully im not missing anything x_x .

- What you do in "real life" : I'm a student *blah*

Well i've been playing video games since I was 3 when my dad got me hooked on them. The first game I beat was Mario Bros. (everyones first right?) when I believe I was 4-6 around there and the Legends of Link. I began collecting as soon as this Game gear at this video game store caught my eye and was something at the time I never heard of. I bought it anyways and ever since then I've been buying old video game stuff whenever I could get my hands on em! And thats me

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who am I? O I know....

Who you are : Manuel

- Where you live : - Just a little bit north of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

- What your favorite games are : Shenmue (Yu Suzuki is a genius), Phantasy Star 3 and up, Shining Force (beat em all,memorable game!), Final Fantasy Series, Unreal Tournament series, Earthbound (too bad they stopped the series), and almost any RPG.

- What systems you collect for: NES, SNES, Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Game Boy, Sega CD (just started out my collection and got a bunch of rare games for $10 including Snatched!!!), Xbox, PS2, GBA, Gamecube, PC, and hopefully im not missing anything x_x .

- What you do in "real life" : I'm a student *blah*

Well i've been playing video games since I was 3 when my dad got me hooked on them. The first game I beat was Mario Bros. (everyones first right?) when I believe I was 4-6 around there and the Legends of Link. I began collecting as soon as this Game gear at this video game store caught my eye and was something at the time I never heard of. I bought it anyways and ever since then I've been buying old video game stuff whenever I could get my hands on em! And thats me

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Stan

- Where you live: NYC

- How you found the forums: EGM...ironically the article laughed at collectors who bought on ebay...funny people here at digit press seem to think otherwise

- What your favorite games are: Rockstar's "life sims", pretty much anything nintendo, sega, bemani, weird games (think pepsi man and segata sanshiro), I'll play anything except those "numbered" sports games (but stuff like streets is dandy!)

- What systems you collect for: pretty much games of interest, but nothing before the NES...don't know why

- What you do in "real life": Small business owner (incidentally not a game store...thanks gord!), and current jobseeker

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. First Game in the US was Popeye game&watch (I'll never get rid of that), but also I can't seem to part with anything I own...packrat mentality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

- Who you are : The S, God of Noga, college student
    - Where you live : Tacoma, WA
    - How you found the forums : Tips & Tricks' Jason Wilson, on G4
    - What your favorite games are : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PS2), Dead Or Alive 2/Hardcore (DC/PS2), Street Fighter (PC)
    - What systems you collect for: Any and all. I'm trying to collect many systems as well as games
    - What you do in "real life" : What the Hell is that?
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : My parents were gamers in the late '70's, so naturally I became one. I only recently began collecting seriously, because I have a dream to make a video game museum...
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well according to my register date I am not new, but my account didn't work til I e-mailed about it today.

- Who you are : Bryan, 22 year old college student
    - Where you live : NJ
    - How you found the forums : Because I'm into retrogaming and own some "weird" stuff. I also live near a guy I know as Chris1 over at Neo-Geo.com, and he's mentioned this site before. His collection is massive; one of the biggest I've ever seen.
    - What your favorite games are : Metal Slug 1-5 (Neo-Geo), Super Monkey Ball (GC), Shikigami no Shiro 2 (GC), Ikaruga (GC), Breath of Fire V (PS2)
    - What systems you collect for: I only buy games that I will play (with rare exceptions), and I own about 12 or 13 systems. My most impressive collections are on the Neo-Geo and Gamecube, but still it's only games I like.
    - What you do in "real life" : Philosophy Student and president of the club at Rutgers University, work in a supermarket
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: Got a NES at a young age. Been amassing games ever since. Super Monkey Ball showed me the light and led me back to retro games and arcadey games.

EDIT: "chris1" = "videogamerdaryll" on here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Real name is Alberto aka Jr

Started playing games around the time Nintendo came out. Got so hooked on it I was called Nintendo freek. But whenever anyone needed help on a game I was the one to be called. The funny thing is that I didn't own a nintendo game but had tons of games. I would just play at friends houses.

Final Fantasy 3 (6 in japan) is my all time favorite game. Still have the game. I hear it's worth some money. I think I saw it on ebgames for 45 dollars. Cool.

that's about it. Oh, I love House music. Use to dj but still have my equipment,
    "...I felt raised, I felt LIFTED".

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody....long time visitor of the forum and decided to join.