0 Posts

- Who you are
    Greg

- Where you live
    Wisconsin

- How you found the forums
    Searched for price guides on yahoo I think

- What your favorite games are
    Super mario 3, Mario world, Sonic 1-S&K, Megaman 1-x3, DK country 1-3, Resident evil, Excitebike, Sonic for SMS, and some I forgot about probly.

- What systems you collect for
    Well I was bon in 1987 so I didn't play atari, colecovision, intellivision and those other old systems. I use to always play Nintendo, genesis, and snes back when I was little. I always liked the older systems and I just recently started collecting. I collect nes, snes, sms, genesis, atari 2600, as of right now. I hope to get a sega cd and a sega 32x soon. If I come accross older systems at garage sales or from friends I'll buy them. Ebay is too expensive though.

- What you do in "real life"
    Unemployed right now. I just skateboard and hang out with friends and play old video games.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I always liked old games so I decited to start collecting a few months ago. I had a start already with my genesis, and 2 nintendos and a few games. I mainly just ask friends for games and systems and buy them for cheap or get them for free.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Keith, 34, and a huge huge PacMan and Colecovision fan. Just joined today after my buddies got me a Colecovision for Christmas. When I opened the box I got the same feeling of excitement that I had when I opened my old Colecovision on Christmas way back in 1982.

I have all the new current systems but spend most of my time playing the old stuff on my PC. Thank God for emulation!
    "I have a present for you.....it's in my diaper and it's NOT a toaster"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I have been a member of the forums since July 2003, and have dealt with many other users in buy/trades...but i hadnt noticed this thread to introduce myself.

My name is P. Sahui . I live in Yucatan, in southern mexico.

I found the forums via some messages over at SegaXtreme. My favorite systems are all SEGA systems, specially the Genesis, Game gear and 32x. I also love modern consoles. I love action and racing games. I play SOME Rpgs, but i dont have so much free time to finish them.

I collect for Genesis mainly. I will try 32x soon too.

Now about my real life...im 26 years old, and i have a college degree on psychology, but i currently work in a big newspaper as an editor. Other of my real life interests are history, literature and progressive rock music. I am a calm person, but i like to joke a lot too. Let me know if you ever come to Mexico for vacations, i can show you around for free
    Last edited by suppafly; 04-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Im Klendathu.

Im 27 years old
    My hometown is Evansville In
    I've been collecting for a while
    I collect NES,SNES,NEO GEO,SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, GENISIS, SEGA CD, PS, PS2, N64, ARCADE, GBA, DC, Thats about it.

My current favorite is TribesAA for the PS2. Im in a clan <E>Xterminators we have forums the website is http://www.tribesaa.com <---very fun

My other interests are movies, paintball, baseball, <---GO CUBS ,eating steak etc.

I found the forums searching for rare games on google.
    My largest collection is my DC games over 200.

I am a logictics enginer<----Fancy term for Dock Worker
    Well thats about all.

Till next time, Lub YA

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    Bruce

Where you live
    San Fernando Valley, CA

How you found the forums
    Google search for users groups

What your favorite games are
    All Mario, All Sonic, Godzilla DAM, Mortal Kombat, Venture, Super Pitfall, Zaxxon, Mousetrap, Barnstorming and everything else.

What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision, SMS, Genesis, Palystation 2, Game Cube, Gameboy Pocket and Advance, NeoGeo Pocket Color, Game Gear, Game.com, Lynx, Odyssey2, NES, SNES and N64. I also collect 70's and 80's classic handheld games.

What you do in "real life"
    I edit Cartoons.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    My wife got me a NES at a garage sale, So I started buying all the games I had when I was a kid. Then I started buying all the systems I used to own. It sort of took off from there. Now I own over 500 games for over 20 systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Algol
    Your favorite games: Asteroids, Tetris, Super Mario Kart, a few others I can't think of right now.
    What systems you collect for: My system collection includes Atari VCS, Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, NGPC, Game Boy B&W, Game Gear, Virtual Boy, and PS2.
    What you do in "real life": High school student
    Any other interesting facts: I am the proud owner of a toploading NES that came along with two dogbone controllers, a NES advantage, and a whole box full of games for $20.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Larry Adams.I live in Indiana. I found this excellent place one day
    surffing for info. on video game rarity lists. I purchaced a Nes in 1985 I think.
    Christmas present for my 6 children. Began buy sell trade to finance hobby.
    I collect ---nes 275 ---sms 31--- gen 165--- sega cd 28---32x 6---snes 175-
    T16 28---gameboy 11---gamecom 6---atari 2600 37---n64 28---dreamcast
    Favs. Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3, snes---Baseball Stars,1,2,nes---NBA2K2
    Dreamcast---Double Dribble---Shenmue---Zelda Ocarina---THANK YOU,DP !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm an....whoops, wrong forum!

I currently reside in Texas and was referred to DP by some of the guys on AtariAge when I was looking for a pricing guide. As with others, I buy/sell/trade to support my hobby (or as Dave Barry said, "There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness."). Anyway, I was searching Miss Piggy on e-bay one day when a "Pigs in Space" Atari cart popped up. I remembered all of the good times that I had playing Atari as a kid and well, that was it. Well, a 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, N64, GBA, PS1, INTV, TI-99, multiple Pong unit and a Genesis later, here I am. The games that I play the most at this moment are Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for the GB and NES Dr. Mario. Yep, puzzle games are definitely my thing! To support my habit, I help pharmaceutical and medical device companies get their products FDA-approved and on the market.

I am always looking for new stuff and currently have a massive trade list so please take a look! A link to it should be in my signature.
    “While we are free to choose our actions,
    we are not free to choose the consequences
    of those actions.”

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redcurrie
    Hi, my name is Laura and I'm an....whoops, wrong forum!
    I am always looking for new stuff and currently have a massive trade list so please take a look! A link to it should be in my signature.
    Hey, its redcurrie from AtariAge! I have been here for a while, but don't post very much here. I guess I like atari more, and post over there a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: I'm Nick. I'm 19. I also go by "rawisjericho54" on the GameFAQS Message Boards, but have only been into collecting for a few months (as of Jan. 04)

- Where you live: I'm from West Virginia.

- How you found the forums: I just found the link on someone's links page and was impressed from there on.

- What your favorite games are: Sure, I'll go for the games that everyone else marks out for: Super Metroid and River City Ransom. I actually grew up on those games however, unlike a lot of people. Aside from that, I'm currently enjoying everything about Contra: Shattered Soldier.

- What systems you collect for:

Mostly NES, but I pick up what I can find. There's not a lot around here anyway. I really just started collecting in August of 2003, and my collection has tripled since then, so I'm doing pretty well for myself.

- What you do in "real life":

I'm a graphic designer for the state Division of Tourism.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc:

I've always enjoyed games, and really only got into collecting shortly after I got my current job. I could never afford it before, even though it was something I always wanted to do. Not that I can really afford it now, but I make do.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everyone

I've been trolling the Digital Press site for a while now, but decided it's time to step in....

- Who you are
    I'm Dean Dragoli in real life, dragsy on eBay, and D-Lite on several other sites.

- Where you live
    Bay Area, California, just south of San Francisco. Originally from southeastern Connecticut and still have family over there

Joe is a Turbo-List member and saw some links to his site through that list about 2-3 years ago

Well, don't really need to list all of them, but the Zelda series is slick, and I have a soft spot for anything Bonk related

Big Turbo Grafx guy here and all a Neo Geo Pocket kinda guy. Lots of other Neo Geo stuff too! I'm actually the NGPC mod over at Neo-Geo.com as well

I'm a synthetic organic chemist at a biotech company. About 75% of my time is at the hood doing chemical reactions. the other 25% is at my desk, of which about 50% of that time is checking the forums (!)

Like most people here probably, played lots of games in the 80's during the boom. Got out of it for about 7-10 years and got back in during the eBay era which made buying back all my old Turbo stuff easy!
    I do lots of Turbo Grafx/Duo modifications, so that is a bit of my tech freak side too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I usually go by my initials MS3 , I'm 24 and live in Ca. I rent out a room right across from a dairy so the cows are mooing as I type. Right now I have a job changing tires which is pretty easy and pays well. I play my SNES most of the time since I got the most games for it. Been trying to beat the last boss on Demons Crest which is tough. Have a sega, satun, n64 , Turbografx 16, neo geo pocket, gba, atari 2600, cdx and a xbox. Finally collected all the megaman games for snes. Looking for a hood for my car a 66 dodge polara since the one I have flew off on the freeway and got ran over (didn't do that the owner before me didn't have the hood secured) Well have a nice day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!
    I am Nicola, student, 23, from Italy. I collect everything I am able to find away from ebay (ebay looks like cheating my collection). Started playing on a c64, owner of 1600 single games from various format (expecially mega drive). I hate almost all japanese imports. My favorite games are: Frontier, Super Mario World, GTA vice city, all Mario Karts, Link's awakening...
    When I was young I usually destroyed all the boxes of my games. Destroyed a pong for fun. One day one of my friend suddenly vomited on my snes (USA version) while playing mario kart with me.
    search engine @

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Eli, 35 years old and I live in San Jose, Ca. I found out about this web site after attending CGExpo a few years ago. So yeah I've been lurking around for quite a bit!

My favorite games are Chopper Command (atari 2600), Raiden Project (PS1), R-Type (TG16), Mario Cart (SNES, N64, GC), Castle of Illusion (Genesis), Space Dungeon (atari 5200), House of the Dead 2 (Dreamcast),
    Rygar (Lynx, arcade), Robotron (arcade), Tron (arcade), Phoenix (arcade), ...

I collect for Atari 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, Gameboy, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Turbo Grafx 16, Sega Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Neo Geo Pocket. I also own a Vectrex but since I bought the multi-cart I don't actively collect for it. Also have a Game Gear and a couple of games but again I don't actively collect games for it.

In "real life" I work in the Semi Conductor industry. Very boring!

I had an Atari 2600 in the early 80's and loved it. I even bought the Supercharger when it first came out! I got Communist Mutants from Space for the Supercharger and couldn't stop playing it! Soon after, my neighbor got a Colecovision and I fell in love with it! But money was tight and I couldn't afford to keep buying games. So I sold my Atari 2600 thinking I was going to upgrade to the Colecovision but it never happened.

I was not living in Silicon Valley at that time (I was living in a small town outside of Modesto, CA) so it was fairly easy to move on with life and forget about home consoles. I did continue to play the arcade games at the local pizza parlors though but would not own a console system again until someone bought me a SNES during the 16 bit wars. Slowly but surely I started to get into collecting. Now it seems I'm collecting for just about every system out!

Oh well I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Matt
    - Where you live: Maine
    - How you found the forums: AdamG works at my local Gamestop and told me about it.
    - What your favorite games are: Super Mario 64, Resident Evil, Castlevania 3, Super Mario Bros. 3, Doom II, Adventure, Space Invaders, Frogger, Mega Bomberman, Gunstar Heroes
    - What systems do you own: Atari 2600, Odyssey2, NES, Master System, TG-16, Genesis w/ 32X, SNES, Game Gear, Saturn, N64, Game.com, Dreamcast, PS2, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, Xbox
    - What you do in "real life": trainer and cashier at a grocery store
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I have played video games since very early on in my life. In fact I remember playing Flash Gordon, Riddle of the Sphinx and Spiderman on my uncle's Atari 2600 when I was about 3 years old. My love for video games never faltered as I grew older. I know have a 1000+ game collection spanning 20 different systems. I'm currently trying to get all US released NES games and I have over 500 right now, which means I've got another 150 - 175 to go.
    View My Current Game Collection!! My Complete Collection Page!!

Seeking These NES Games!! Willing To Trade or Sell Some To Me? NES Games I Don't Have!!

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Greetings from the Hoosier state! My name is Danny, and I'm from a small town in southeastern Indiana. Born and raised here... and still living here actually.

I was born in March of 1979, and unlike most people here (I'm assuming), I didn't grow up with an Atari 2600. When I was 3, my dad purchased an Intellivision, and my brother and I played the crap out of it... so much to the point that dad had to hide the system every once in awhile so we'd go out and play. Hardcore from birth we were.
    So hardcore, in fact, that at the age of 4, I posted a score of over 500,000 points in Happy Trails (Activision game) for the Intellivision. Those of you who aren't aware of that game won't understand the big deal, but that's ok... I'm certainly proud of it. To this day, my older cousin tells me that was one of the most unbelievable sights he's ever seen... a 4 year old beating the crap out of Happy Trails.

Ok, I'm sorry. Enough bragging.
    I've always been a hardcore gamer. Was playing arcade games at the age of 3 (Dad had to hold me up so I could see the screen). Started home gaming with the Intellivision, then Atari 5200 (Yes, my gaming career started on the two consoles with the worst controllers ever), NES, Super NES, Game Boy, N64, PSOne, Dreamcast, PS2, GBA, Xbox, and GameCube. After the Intellivision and Atari 5200 broke, dad threw them out, but we still had all the other consoles. My status as a classic game collector started a few years ago when I longed to relive childhood Intellivision memories, so I got on ebay and, over the course of a few months, purchased 4 Intellivision consoles and 88 Intellivision games. After that, I was hooked, I wanted to own everything! Luckily, I'd already built up a pretty good collection over the years, so I had a good start. Since the Intellivision buying spree, I've accumulated another Atari 5200 (with working controllers no less), an Atari 7800, all 3 Sega Genesis models, a Power Base Converter for Master System games, and looking forward to getting a Colecovision and Atari Jaguar... and anything else I can get my hands on.

My all time favorite games include:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Intellivision
    Metroid - NES
    Pac-Man - arcade
    Galaga - arcade
    Super Metroid - SNES
    Final Fantasy III/VI - SNES
    Metroid Prime - GCN
    Toejam & Earl - Genesis
    Gran Turismo 3 - PS2
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSOne

My collection currently consists of nearly 1000 games, and can be seen in its entirety (updated regularly) at:
    http://users.ign.com/collection/razuma

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Great to be among my own kind.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everybody

Hi I'm Brad From Cincinnati Ohio,

I've Known about this website scince early 2003, just have never really been a big net head.

I work at a Gamestop over here and have been a huge fan of anything gaming, anime or mecha related (ie my screen name) I've played a lot of the classic games, and still play them along with the newer ones, My favorites would have to be Steel battalion, and Metal storm.

I collect games for The Nes, Gameboy, Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, PS2, PSX, Import ps2/psx/dc/GC, GC,

Well thanks for letting me join and Ill be seeing you on the forums.
    If its not at least three stories tall and can crush a small car its scrap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JB Lars
    PSN
    JBLars

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I made a post in another thread, but was encouraged to make one here, so I'm gladly doing so. Every forum should have one of these threads, really.

- Who you are
    My name's Justin, and I'm a couple o' weeks from 31. I go by JB Lars or JBLars (or even jblars) everywhere on the 'net.

- Where you live
    I'm in DeKalb, IL now, but plan on moving closer to the city this summer. With any luck, I'll run into some of you nice people at the Midwest Classic this year.

Oh, who knows? DP's been in my bookmarks for years, I'm just now de-lurking.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order: H.E.R.O., River Raid, Krusty's Super Funhouse, Seaman, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Tempest 2000/3000, REZ, SOCOM II.

All of 'em. Bar none.

At the moment, not a thing. Anyone hiring?

I'm not even sure how I began collecting. I unearthed my old 2600 right around the time I got a blowout Jaguar at KB Toys. I lived in Norfolk, VA at the time, and through hanging out on RGVC's IRC channel, I met the illustrious AlanD, who's collection blew my little mind. (Seriously, check out his 'Room of Doom' pics, and then take my word that as incredible as those photos are, it's even MORE impressive in person.) I've been a garage sale/thrift store/flea market/clearance sale whore since then, and the rest is a blur.

I wanted a Commodore 64 as a kid, but got a CoCo 2 instead. Also, when the NES was in full swing, I still had a 2600. I didn't have a then-current console to call my very own until I bought a PlayStation in '98. So I'm chasing the opulent youth I never had. I also eat sweets before meals, stay up past my bedtime, and leave the refrigerator door open for minutes at a time.

I also collect CDs, comic books, superhero RPGs, really cheap guitars, and any other useless crap that catches my eye when I'm out looking to expand the game collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone, I'm Joe Tomaskovic from central NJ.
    Everyone who knows me as JoeTomNJ. I guess you can say I've been into gaming since before the Atari 2600 (I remember the old Pong games on TV)
    I work for NJ Transit as a senior lot attendant and Finally got around to coming here.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHO YOU ARE
    - Charles, call me 'Mac' for short...
    WHERE YOU LIVE
    - Texas

HOW YOU FOUND THE FORUMS
    - Been by the site quite a few times and figured it was time to jump on and get some help

WHAT YOUR FAVORITE GAMES ARE
    - Sinistar, the Blood Omen / Soul Reaver series... hmmm... too many really to list

WHAT SYSTEMS YOU COLLECT FOR
    - NES, Super NES, N64, GameCube, Gameboy / Color / Advance, TurboGrafx / TurboDUO, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBox, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, 32X, Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, 3DO

WHAT YOU DO IN REAL LIFE
    - Work for EB, studying to be a mortician

Anyway, glad to be on board and looking forward to working with you folks!