Page 24 of 164 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my names Matt, and I'm a cartoonist, and a raging heroin addict. I mean video games.

Been playing since I could fit a colecovision controller in my mouth at like age 2. I've beaten so many games its not funny, and wasted most of my childhood messing with games.

I like Rap Music, Insane Clown Posse, and Prince. Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction and if I could get quoted on one thing: 'It was like this when I found it, honest!'

And as for my favorite video games: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong Quest, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Final Fantasy Tactics, Zelda: OOT, Contra, Ganabre Goemon 1&2, Dig Dug, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, The Sims, and I've spent a great deal of time playing counter-strike.
    Everbody rize!
    Mocking You Comics, game design, and other things from my warped sense of humor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

- Who you are
    I'm still trying to figure that one out myself!
    Seriously, my name is *gasp* Steven, I'm a 20 year old who grew up on 8-Bit NES, SuperNES and Genesis. Great times they were! Such innocence back then I recall.

- Where you live
    California

- How you found the forums
    FunkBuddy

- What your favorite games are
    Saturn Bomberman, Puzzle Fighter, any Street Fighter II game, any World Heroes game (yes I'm a big WH fan -- maybe the biggest you'll ever come across!), Slam N Jam 96, Fire Pro Wrestling 6 Man Scramble

- What systems you collect for
    Saturn and DC.
    Saturn I have 170 games and counting. Just started on DC, have 6 at the moment.

- What you do in "real life"
    Go to CSU (CA State University), play and watch basketball, act as a side hobby

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    If it weren't for Saturn I wouldn't be into gaming today, period. Saturn's my favorite of all time. Recently, after a TWO YEAR HUNT, I finally got my hands on 34 issues of the legendary UK-based SEGA SATURN MAGAZINE and today it remains the prized jewel of my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

- Who you are
    My name is Keith Rivers and I am from Massachusetts. I am 22 years old and a recent college grad. I need a job.

Halo, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3, Donkey Kong, Zeldas, Amped, Tiger Woods

-Systems:
    I have a Nes, Genesis, Snes, N64, Xbox, Dreamcast, and Gamecube. I collect games for all the systems. I am also on the look out for any console system that I dont have. I have about 300 games.

- Any other interesting facts:
    My main collection is Mad Magazines collectibles. My ebay name is also Kejoriv.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot to introduce myself earlier:

Hi, I'm Cesar, from Brazil. I live in Manaus, a city in the heart of the amazon forest, and I'm studying computer science. I'm just starting my collection. I'm a Sega fan (fan, not fanboy!) But I like many other companies too. (except Sony because their hardware isn't reliable)

I have a DC, a Saturn and a N64 and some games for them. Of course I have a PC too and some neat games to play on it. I have about 60 games, most of them boxed and mint. (not that important but I like to have them in these conditions).

I give my old systems (2600, SNES, PS) and games to some friends before I became interested in collecting. I kick myself since them...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

I'm James from London, England. I love Heavy metal music, Anime, Manga and I'm addicted to calssic computer/console systems and RPG's.

I own (only what I can remeber) an:
    X-Box, PS2, PSX, N64 x4, Dreamcast x2 (it's not dead damn you), Mega Drive, Mega CD (Again... not dead!), NES, SNES, C64, Amstrad CPC 464, Radofin telesports III, Grandstand adam color 3, Game Boy Color, Game boy advance, Master system, AJAX TG-621 Pong machine , Spectrum ZX81, Spectrum ZX, Commodore Plus 4, Master System 2, Jaguar.

Well that's all I can remeber for now... I do have LOADS more though :P

I'm also studying "Computer science: Games and graphics" at university
    http://www.sandmonkeys.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
    A comic about sand and monkeys... but with no sand..... or monkeys... *cough*
    MEGA CD FOREVER!
    And Mayhem in monster land for the C64 rules!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, this is my first post here... interesting site for sure. I'm mainly a shmup freak, and so that's where most of my "collection" lies. If it's fast and deeply challenging then you'll find me there.

Fave shmups: Elemental Master, Esprade and Dodonpachi dai-ou-jou
    Current favorite system: tie between Gamecube and Japanese PS2
    Just getting into: PCB gaming.
    If Jump button is pressed with right timing, Jr makes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. Names Andy. Been gaming since the days of the 2600.
    I'm a game collector/player.

Systems I have:

Atari 2600 (Tele-Games)
    NES x 4
    SNES x 2
    N64
    Game Cube
    SEGA Genesis x 2 (Gen 2 & 3)
    SEGA Saturn
    SEGA Dreamcast
    PS1 x 3 (two are old models)
    PS2

Nice board, glad I found it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everybody -
    I live in the sun-blasted desert, where I work in radio and play gigs with my surf band, The Sonars.

I was a big gamer as a kid, and got back into the hobby a few years ago.
    I've been to the last 3 CGE's and I look forward to the next.

I really enjoy my Atari 7800, Colecovision, and Intellivision the most, as well as plenty of PS2.

I stay away from cute-mascot jumping games, especially those where you must kill others with your butt.
    I love space games, anything where I get to fly a space ship and blow stuff up! I also dig RPG's, survival horror, and some puzzle games.

The classic games I'm best at: Berzerk, Sinistar, Bosconian, Tempest, Joust, and Gyruss.

I look forward to having some laughs!
    It's only a game if you PLAY it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, My Name is Mike and I'm from Long Island New York. I came across this website last year when I decided to get started with a NES Collection. First off I'm really impressed with the way people act on this board and are quick to help each other out. Anyway, I've been collecting for a year now like I said and usually use EBAY and Gamestop and the occasional thrift to build my collection. At last count I'm up to about 260 games. Since I just started I'm sticking to American Games and Systems and mostly the ones I had growing up and sold off. Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS 1 and 2, All Gameboys, Virutal Boy, SNES, N64 and Gameboy all have a place of honor on my "Shelf Of Doom". I hope to get some more Atari Systems and Turbo Graphx 16 by the year is up as well as Sega CD, Game Gear and 32X. I'd also would love to come across someone who can tutor me in the ways of NEO GEO and maybe help me start a collection with that.

About Me: I'm a drummer in a Punk rock band called "The Clap" and I work at Costco (Pretty cheap games there). If I had a choice of jobs I'd definitly want to write music for games.

Why I collect: Mostly I started collecting cause when I was little my family wasn't to well off and when all my friends had NES I had an atari and then when I got a NES we really couldn't afford to many games. I think now that so many games are so cheap, I'm trying to compensate for my poor upbringing...jk...no matter how many games I had, I was happy, and no matter what I say, I mostly collect cause I love it, I love hunting for the games, and I love playing them when I can...I'm also very anal about things and the games give me something to fuse over...just try to move one of my NES carts out of Alphabetical order and I'll cut your hand off!
    "Today I Killed My Best Friend"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!

I am Joe, age 14, and I live in a town called Pleasantville (no kidding!!!)

One day, when I did a google search for some retro-gaming stores, I stubled apon these forums. I love this site and the forums are great!

As far as games go, I am a big RPGer. Most of my favorite RPGs are on my Super Nintendo. It just has so many awesome games. Super Mario RPG LotSS; Chrono Trigger; Earthbound; FF6; and others. Right now, I am playing through Mario RPG... again! I love it!!

Right now, I am working on my Super Famicom collection (imports). There are just so many games released for the Japanese market that werent released here. Also, in the near future, I think I will pick up a dreamcast for 15-20 bucks, get a boot disk, and play some imports.

As far as my real life, school takes up the majority of my time. I take the train to school every morning and home every night. This means 12-hour days. Then there is studying and homework. After that I play games, watch anime, read manga, or draw. My anime and manga collection easily beats out my games, but I love both equally.

I am looking foward to talking with everyone here!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (Chinese New Year--Year of the Monkey)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm eldunko...from one of three places: Windsor, Oakville or the Ottawa Valley

i'm usually found roaming 3 boards: cgcc, atari-age and macaddict. I'm really into anything that's old and electronic related. If i see an abandoned MacSE sitting somewhere i'll usually take it home...even though I already have like 4 of them.

Because of that, my collection is rather scattered, often times i have no clue what i own and don't own. It's gonna be my summer project...organizing my mass of like a million genesis and TG-16's

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are

My name is Cindy, I'm a 18 year old computer tech student. I started out as a computer maniac and discovered the wondeful world of console gaming through emulation.

- Where you live
    Canada, Quebec

Surfing around for information

I didn't played enough games for console to have favorites, even if I still like my colecovision markman and regret my dead TI-99. So all my favorites are on computer, all the old classics like lemmings, incredible machine and keen.

I acquired a SNES so I'll start there, but if I can grab other old system at my flea I'll probably expand my interrests, even if there are a lot of things to see on the SNES. I won't do full collections, I'm more of a gamer than a collector so I'm looking for playing value.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone! I'm michael.

I've visited these boards all the time and finally decided to write. I've been collecting games for a while now. I learned of this site after receiving the Dp collector's guide 7 as a present.

I own around 800 games total, and I eventually hope to own every NES game released in america.

My favorite games of all time are Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Mega man 3, Breath of Fire 2, and Sonic 2. I'm definitely a die hard mega man and chrono fan, and my favorite system of all time is the SNES.

I'm very happy to meet everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ....wow...

I guess its my turn

Well...my name is Armez and I live in soaking-wet Seattle. I just happened along on this fourm by accident...(surfing the web for disscusion boards) and I must say it's pretty big in here!

I'm 28 and I've been playing since 4 (cousin had a magnavox pong type system) I loved it so much he gave it to me when he got his 2600. Buy my true vice is NES. I thought I had it bad, but looking at some of the pictures in here of gamerooms...whoa! I don't have squat! My wife is gonna love seeing some of these pics.

My NES collection is growing slowly...about 360 carts and 87 sealed...a few 3rd-party controlers, stacks of boxes and manuals...I try not to ebay it to much...I like the hunt.

Besides the NES, I do have other systems. All three Genesis systems, (the third one is still unopened) and about 13 games...I would love to get more, both SNESs with 11 games, an Atari jr? (the smaller black one) with 8 games. GameGear w/ 5 games, Original Gameboy,Gameboy color,GBA and GBA sp with 6 games left...I always trade these games away...I don't know why?

I'm trying to get my hands on some more handheld systems! Anyone on here have a Nomad/Turbo express/NGP/or Wonderswan color...let me know.

In my off time *wink*, I work graveyard for a retail company stocking merchendise...and training to be a fireman. Take a guess at when I sleep...more important, how much sleep I get a day.

I've met some really nice people from these types of fourms, but I hope to someday get together with some from my neck of the woods and play some games with them...maybe do some trading...who knows.

Enough of all my blah, blah, blah,...thanks for reading, and I'll see ya later!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: ....wow...

Quote Originally Posted by armezj
    I'm 28 and I've been playing since 4 (cousin had a magnavox pong type system) I loved it so much he gave it to me when he got his 2600. Buy my true vice is NES. I thought I had it bad, but looking at some of the pictures in here of gamerooms...whoa! I don't have squat! My wife is gonna love seeing some of these pics.
    Wow... you have a wife? And she likes your hobby?

On behalf of the Lollipop Guild, Welcome to Retrogaming Roundtable.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Sashanan, a 23 year old database programmer from the Netherlands, and one of those people lucky enough to have been raised on the Commodore 64. I'm an active forum member and contributor at GameFAQs, specializing in FAQs and reviews for the Commodore; always figured it's better to fill a gap and risk having a small audience than to write for Zelda or Final Fantasy and just repeat what a hundred others already wrote, and better.

I was referred to these forums by another GameFAQs member when I stumped them with a question about C64 music, one I hope I'll be able to get answered here (soon as I figure out the proper forum for it ), but after that I believe I'll be lingering. This place already feels like home.

Quick gaming history: first touched a Commodore 64's joystick at age 3, back in 1983, when my father had bought one of the things. Initially could only play under supervision (first game I remember playing is either BurgerTime or Donkey Kong, can't figure out which memory is older), but from age 6 on or so I'd be allowed to play the thing in the attic on weekends, quickly finding my way around our tapes and later our disks. Around 7 or 8 I wrote my first crude BASIC experiments, compared to which Hello World is the height of programming creativity. Nonetheless, the baby steps I took in programming then earn me my rent today writing Visual Basic data applications.

In 1988 our family Commodore broke down, but obsessed as I was with another chance to play those games, I saved up for one of my own. After hoarding my pocket money like never before and receiving a little financial assistance from my dad when I came up short, I bought my own Commodore at the end of the summer of 1989. That one still works today although it's tucked away in a box somewhere right now, in favor of emulation that doesn't require me to get off my lazy behind and hook it up.

There's hundreds of games on the tapes and disks that "came with the Commodore" (at the young innocent age I had back then, I'd never even heard of software piracy and really thought you could just get games for free as long as you bought the computer), and so I've got many pleasant memories of good games, but a couple that stand out for me are Black Hawk, Gribbly's Day Out, Montezuma's Revenge and Spike's Peak. All (well, except the latter which gets pretty annoying at times) are games I still like to pick up and play, and I'm pleased to see I haven't gotten much worse at them with age.

These days I don't have as much time to play games as I'd like to, and spend much of it on PC and PlayStation RPGs, but the Commodore gamer in me is far from dead. I am convinced that, if I live to be 80, I'll still be playing Montezuma while my grandchildren run around with their virtual reality Unreal Tournament 2060 headsets.

Well, that about wraps me up. Good to be here, seems a nice place. *tips hat to retro gaming*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Lance Gaddie from Kentucky. I'm 20 years old and I just starting collecting games for about 3 months or so. I had my orignal NES that I got when I was about 3, and I just said What the Hell, I'll buy some more games for it, and one thing lead to another and now I'm addicted. I have a measely 150 games now for the NES and a small random assortment for other systems ranging from the Atari 2600 to the GameCube.

I found this site by surfing the web one day for rarity lists, and I've been visiting ever since. I mainly try to collect for the NES but I buy anything that I can find that is relatively cheap, being a college student I don't have too much money. I don't really have a "real life" outside of my girlfriend, school, and videogames, I'm going to try to attend the Philly Classic in March and mybe the CGE but who know's.

I think this place is great, thanks for your time
    Lance

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. My name is Jon. I am best friends with marty, Mario Allstar. I love Zelda and Everquest online.
    Jon "Crutchy" Ahrem

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    I'm Arcturius DeRaptor though most friends just call me Arcty
    - Where you live
    Bristol, England
    Been reading 'em a while just never got around to signing up
    Bubble Bobble (Any Format), Chu Chu Rocket (DC), Puzzle Bobble (Most Versions), Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5 (Wonderswan)
    Pretty much any I can get my paws on I currently have a near complete PAL collection of Dreamcast games (Only 6 to Find)
    - What you do in "real life"
    At the moment I'm unemployed but working on my DC Archive Website.
    - Any other interesting facts
    I have an unnatural collection of herp related items covering my workspace ^-^

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Howdy all

*Im Steve and live in Fremont Ca...

*I got turned onto the forums by Dangerboy, when he linked me the PSOne Collection list, so im here to help with my knowledge and maybe score some cool games...and get edumacated in the land of games even more than i currently am

* Fav games..... I tend to play a lot i lke the Action/Adventure stuff, Platformers and FPS games, ive also got a thing for those quirky Japanese games that make it stateside... (Incredible Crisis or Mr. Mosquito Anyone?)

*I collect for the following systems.... PSOne, PS2, GCN, GB/GBC/GBA, XBox, DC, N64 and NeoGeo Pocket Color.... but i own a bunch more systems, they just arnt on the top of my collecting list...

*Real Life??? Well i worked for a Music Chain Company from fall of 98 up till mid Dec 03 when i shut down my 3rd store, im currently not working, and finishing up my last semester @ SJSU where i am graduating with degrees in History and Anthropology, and a Minor in American Studies, what i do beyond that, ive got no clue

* I've allways been a collector of sorts... but i really got started collecting PSOne games about 3 1/2 years ago as a way to release stress from the constant fighting with the then girlfriend...figured it was better to spend the money on games rather than her (even though she got me my PSX) before i just got lots of games and played a ton, but thats when the collecting really started