0 Posts

hihi ^.^ *waves*

- Name - John
    - Place Of Residence - Pensacola, FL
    - How you found the forums - On google searching for something else
    - Favorite Games - SoR2, Super Castlevania IV
    - What systems you collect for - Genny, Sega CD, DC, Saturn
    - What you do in "real life" - college student
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc - Went inot collecting after i sold my Genny/SCD to someone. Few years later i was missing it so i bought it back from the same person =). uberhuge CV fan. Ummm i comic collector (95% are moderns though )

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richter
    uberhuge CV fan.
    *high-five*

I'm Jimmy. I'm 23 and I live in Kansas...stumbled across this forum from a search engine, so I thought it looked like a cool place to join.

I listen to metal to a fault (especially black metal the past few years), and I sort of reintroduced myself to classic games recently, having dusted off the Genesis and repurchasing an NES. My favorite game ever is most likely Contra, and if you couldn't tell already, I'm becoming a big Castlevania fan, though I currently own only 7 CV games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is David, I'm 15 years old and I live in the USA(in AZ). I've been playing games for about 10 years (I got hooked on gaming from playing the NES,Genesis and Gameboy), and I've been addicted to games since I first played Super Mario Brothers. My current obsession(sp?) at the moment is finding a mint/complete Japanese Saturn from the 1994 launch date before Summer starts. Wish me luck!

I started collecting games about 5 years ago when my friend sold me his Genesis with 4 controllers and about 15 games. After that I had to buy more and more Genesis carts, then I bought a Saturn, then Dreamcast then Intellivision...and I've been collecting ever since.

I currently own around 17 systems (not counting doubles), from Intellivision to Xbox. And I like all genres of games.

My hobbys are: Videogames(playing/collecting), Watching Anime, Drawing Anime stuff, Programming homebrew games for the Dreamcast(though they all suck lol), as well as some other un important stuff...

Favorite games...

1.Shenmue 1
    2.Goldeneye
    3.Super Mario Brothers 3
    4.Sonic 2
    5.Final Fantasy VII
    6.Twisted Metal 2
    7.Final Fantasy VIII
    8.Streets of Rage 2
    9.NiGHTS:Into Dreams
    10.Donkey Kong Country 2

Just to name a few

Favorite systems...

1.Dreamcast/Saturn tie
    2.Nintendo 64
    3.Genesis
    4.NES
    5.SNES
    6.PS1

Forget that I like em all!

Anyway I hope that covers everything, I plan to post a lot on this site as it has lots of true gamers to chat with and interesting topics to read. Well, I think I'll probably go to bed now...cya later everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HELLO EVERYBODY THIS IS ME

I am Deni Nobert
    I Live In Canada Stony Plain
    I have many fave games but i like most fighting and role playin games
    i just started collecting and i have a genesis,atari,super nes,n-64,and xbox
    I am a kid who goes to school/grade 8
    I started collecting from my brother seeing how many games he has and systems

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default me

My name is Deni Nobert. I am 13 yrs old.My brother get me into collecting.I live by Edmonton

The systems i have are Super nes,n-64,x box,gamecube, im getting an atari and genesis soon.

my hobbies i like to do are hang on the compu, play nintendo,listen to music,and skateboard

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: me

Quote Originally Posted by Daylio
    My name is Deni Nobert. I am 13 yrs old.My brother get me into collecting.I live by Edmonton

The systems i have are Super nes,n-64,x box,gamecube, im getting an atari and genesis soon.

my hobbies i like to do are hang on the compu, play nintendo,listen to music,and skateboard
    Yep, my little bro. Awwww Isnt that special!
    Welcome Deni! - (Be good)
    And guys be nice!

QBert
    Kirby's my bitch!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Kevin
    - Where you live
    F-f-f-f-flint-town
    - How you found the forums
    looking for TG-16 stuff
    - What your favorite games are
    Driving and adventure
    - What systems you collect for
    TG-16
    Genesis
    Master System
    Game Gear
    Dreamcast
    PSOne/PS2
    NES (blinky blinky)
    GBA
    ColecoVision (and Atari 2600 by way of adapter)

- What you do in "real life"
    Sit in acubicle and let life pass
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc
    Been collecting turbo stuff since Christmas 1990 lol, got into the other systems around 2001 lol except the coleco, that has been knocking around my parents house for a while lol

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I think it was seeing H.E.R.O. running on a friends VCS when I was 9 that gave my the videogame bug.

Over the years I had loads of different consoles. When I was younger I always sold my old systems to finance a new console, naively thinking that newer was better. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Since then I've bought back all the consoles and games that I had growing up and more to boot.

Like the big nerd I am, I've got far too many systems and games, more than I could play in several lifetimes. My main interests are Japanese Megadrive and Saturn games, US Neo Geo games, and ps1 games.

I've built up a good feedback record on Ebay over the years, my ID is beepcheck. I've in Ireland and I do alot of trading online, I'm always looking for a good trade.

Regards,

Folco.
    where ever you go, there you are

Armchair Arcade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    billlog
    PSN
    ArmchairArcade
    3DS Friend
    3995-6521-5257
    Steam
    Bill_Loguidice

Hello all! Sorry I took so long in joining - I've been a big fan of Digital Press for years but never thought about the forums here (I keep busy with other forums that I discovered first ).

Anyway, this is Bill Loguidice from Central New Jersey, USA, and I'm a classic computer and videogame collector who tries to stay active in the community. I have a pretty good collection (one whole workshop room full of stuff in my house and in a few other places) which I have posted on my personal Website (I have to update it again though--perhaps after the Philly Classic this Saturday), and I'm also an editor and co-founder of Armchair Arcade, an online publication covering all kinds of topics. The links to both are in my signature.

My first game system was my parents' Pong, MY first purchase was an Atari 2600, my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20, and the first system that I actually went out to collect for was the Coleco Adam (though I had sizable collections of other systems before that, I just didn't think of it as "collecting"). Before eBay, I found most of my stuff via flea markets and what-not, but these days eBay has kind of destroyed the ability to have consistent finds via that route anymore. eBay, a blessing and a curse...

Oh, and I'm 31 and married, with our first child on the way!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should i make this a formal listed post... sure why the hell not?

name: Derek
    favorite console: neo•geo
    Currenting playing: Samaurai Shodown V, Dracula X, Ninja Gaiden
    Console Owned: Nes, SNES, GC, GBA, GBC, GB, N64, SMS, Genesis, Nomad, DC, Saturn, neo•geo AES, NGPC, PSX PS1(little) PS2, Xbox

I am a huge gaming fan, i love 2D games the best, but i venture off to the other side sometime, My favorite Genre is 2D fighting, but i also love those 2D side scrollers like, Metal Slug, CastleVania, Mario, Megaman(X), Ninja Gaiden Etc.....

I currently dont not own any arcade cabs, but plan on getting a neo•geo 2 or 4 slot MVS cab, when i get my own house, right now i live with my brother in a 2 bedroom apartment, and just dont have the room for one.
    My Gaming Collection So far (Always Updating)

http://users.ign.com/collection/XSkater2099?objType=1

Peach (Level 3) ghostangelofcky's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey whats up, my name is ghost and yeah that's actually my name. I'm out here in denver CO. I work at a best buy doin LP. I mainly collect games for the NES to present. I grab all the games I think are cool. I love first person shooters. I think my fav games are:

Castlevania (series)
    Doom (series)
    Road Rash (3DO)
    Super Metroid (SNES)
    Blackthorne (SNES)
    A vs P (JAG)
    Mortal Kombat (series)
    Metal Slug (series)
    Resident Evil (series)
    Armored Core (series)
    Mutant League Football (GEN)
    Killing Time (3DO)

these are the games that I play on a monthly basis, over and over again.
    Currently I'm thinking of picking up a Saturn and a Turbografx. But we'll see.
    P.S. love the sight Joe!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is John, from Brighton, MA. It's right outside of Boston. 20 mintue bus ride... which comes in handy since you have city access without all the traffic that seems especially bad in Boston. I've been playing games since I was about 2. I played games like Centipede and Road Runner on an Atari ST, and played games like Shark! Shark! on an Intellivision. Not sure why, but I seemed to lean towards computers more until the late 90's. Most of the time I played FPS games, my favorites being Deus Ex and Jedi Knight. Half Life was up there too. I also played lots of portable games up to that point, my favorites being Metal Gear: Ghost Babel and Donkey Kong. After a while, though, it seemed like PCs just evolved to quickly, and catching up was annoying. So I got an N64 about four years ago, then a Dreamcast quickly followed up by a PS2.

I play a metric ton of games, generally ranging from the SNES era onwards. I never liked NES too much, not sure why, and although I enjoy systems like Intellivsion, I'd be lying if I said I liked classics like Contra over their more modern sequels like Shattered Soldier. At a point, I started going back on stuff I had missed, especially on systems like PS, SNES, and N64, which is where DigitPress came in. I've been going to the site for a while now, and kind of just randomly decided to join the forums.

And for what it's worth, my favorite game series or games are Devil May Cry (just the first one), the Castlevania series as a whole, the Contra series so long as we can just forget PSX ever happened, the Dark Forces series, and the Metal Gear series. I also greatly enjoyed most of the games in the Metroid series. And... that's about it.

Too lazy to probably ever finish up my older games, but collection funtime.

Radical Dude Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm Chris, 21 years old, and have been interested in all sorts of video games since I was 3. I started off by playing games like Jumpman Jr. and Blue Max on my dad's Commodore 64, before getting my first NES and becoming hooked on games like SMB, Duck Hunt, and my all time favorite, Ninja Turtles. Over the years I've progressed to the newer systems, but I still enjoy the old time classics. I've been in the NES internet scene for about 6 years and used to be a hardcore collector. I've recently got back into collecting NES games, and am going to expand my collections for other systems such as the SNES and Atari.

Some of my favorite games and series include:

Blaster Master series
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Ninja Turtles on NES
    Various obscure NES games such as Xexyz, Pinball Quest, and Cowboy Kid
    Smash Bros
    Manhunt
    Grand Theft Auto Series

Thats about it

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default kidkool here

Kidkool here at everyones service....i come here from nesforums.com a lovely place turned bad when the wave of 13 year olds came in....every other topic was OMG WHATS YOUR FAVORITE MEGA MAN?!? so now my love for my colecovision and atari 2600 has been rekindled and this place looks like a good place to develop it. im 17 by the way and from warren michigan.

The SN is from my favorite nes game: Kid Kool
    BTW: i know cracked8ball.
    Arrrrrgh

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Victor. I collect SNES mainly and some NES games. I think the SNES games are generally better than the NES games though. I never cared for the N64 at all. I'm 24 years old ASP.Net / SQL Server computer programmer from Mobile, AL, USA. I love working with databases! Pay is good too .

I am a big time ebay fanatic. I started a SNES collector's group forum on Ebay's group site. We have 50 members as of this post, including some from this forum. Anyone is free to join (must be an ebay member). To get there, go to ebay, click the community link, click the people link.
    This is the tree path of the group:
    Group Center > Collectors Clubs > Collectibles > Super Nintendo SNES Collectors Club
    Here is a direct link:
    http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=100000178

I have been a big SNES fan from day 1. It was so cool when the SNES came out. I cannot say that I have gotten 100% on SMW or DKC1 but I have a lot of valuable memories from this time. Now I am going back and getting all the games I never had. I have a lot of fond memories of the original NES as well, Metal Gear was one of my favorites. Now I can go through Battletoads from level 1 to 12 (but I can't beat the game straight through!). I like the original Mega Man games for the NES a whole lot better than for the SNES but I own every NES and SNES mega man game complete.

One day I hope to have all the SNES games (complete maybe). Right now I can't do that but for the last year I have collected the top rarest games (R5-R9) complete except for 2 or 3 and I can get the others! One day I plan to come back to it and get the less rare games but I just can't right now. Here is a list of everything I own:
    http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richsto...Collection.htm

My collection on IGN:
    http://users.ign.com/collection/v1rich

I have lots of extra stuff I would like to trade or sell. Sometimes I buy just boxes / instructions and I do not even have the games for them and never did, just for the future if I decide to come back and get the rest of the games I don't have. If you are looking for something chances are I can help you find it. Just email me or message me. I am a regular on ebay, half.com, and amazon.com, and sometimes some of the game sites such as bregames.com and ebgames.com.

Glad to see such a community of old school gamers such as myself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This isn't the first time I've logged onto this forum. I believe I've used the name Caracal and/or Fossa. But I've moved around a great deal recently and am just now getting settled in back here at Arkansas.
    Currently I have a buttload of old arcade machines, but no classic consoles at the moment .
    This is by far the best meeting place on the net for people of like-minds. Only 3,000+ users and there are almost always more members viewing this forum than BBS's with 5-10 times as many registered users. Joe you have one hell of a website.
    As for my interests, I'm a geek. I love reading about science, technology, classic games and computers. And hope to have a decent collection myself soon.
    As for my history:
    Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer when new for Christmas ('79?)
    TRS-80 CoCo for christmas ('82?)
    I've owned an Atari 400 and 1200, An Amiga A500, and then got stuck with Wintel stuff since then. I now build and maintain my own computers but am no where near as interested in them as I am the old stuff.
    Favorite Games:
    -Scramble (arcade)
    -Star Castle (arcade)
    -Gun.Smoke (arcade)
    Yars Revenge (2600)
    All true Mario games (NES/SNES)
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Gen)
    Red Dog (DC)

Favorite Game Company:
    SEGA
    -

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Brad but most people simply call me Vermin or "Verm". I'm 33 years of age. I hail from Ontario, Canada where I work as a Lead Game Designer.
    I found the Digital Press through my constant random scouring of the internet in search of interesting sites related to gaming.

I don't know if I really have favourite games, but I know I've logged a lot of time playing games like "Truckin'" and Zaxxon. Actraiser was another that stole a lot of my time. Those are probably the only real standouts that I can think of off hand.

I collect games for any and all systems. I'm not willing to break the bank to acquire them, so my collection is somewhat under control. If I find a steal, it's mine -- that's all there is to it. I will occassionally go out of my way to get something, but I'm generally a passive collector.

I started into games at the ripe old age of seven, with a Telstar game. Since then I've grown up through most generations of gaming and worked the retail end of it for ten years before landing "on the inside." It has only been in the last three years or so that I really started collecting stuff. Most of it is stuff I just never sold/traded/threw out, but I've started reacquiring things more recently. I guess I wanted my kids to get a sense of how we got to where we are now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. My name's George and I live in Orlando. I've decided fairly recently to go back and collect some older systems to play some "retro" games. To me and I'm sure to all of you a good game is timeless. I hope to meet some cool people who are willing to help me out in this massive endevour and just some people to talk to about all things games. Oh and since this is supposed to be about me...I'm 22 and a student in college...when not playing games I listen to metal and goto concerts and play any and every sport I can. On any given day after work you can catch me in the gym and then I come home to play anything from Ninja Gaiden to PSO to Madden's latest incarnation. Well before I go I just wanted to say I'm looking forward to some people hopefully getting in touch with me to talk about games.......Later

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yo, I'm Nick in Cincinnati Ohio and I'm 18... I also come from the now depleted NESForums and I collect mainly, PS2, PS1, NES, Genesis, SNES, GameBoy and N64 games...I also run a website with another person, it's http://krappitykrap.trippod.com but soon it'll be a .com site...I know, i did a shameless plug, so shoot me....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, im Bryan E. West i stumbled upon this forum through a link posted on a entirely different forum. Im a post-high school, pre-college 18 yr. old, and i live in Northern California. I like comics, music, movies, and video games(duh!). Some of my all-time favorite games are Mario bros. 3, sonic cd, nights, halo, duke nukem 3d, sonic adeventures, marble madness, blinx, streets of rage, gain ground, panzer dragon 2, and zelda(1st one).
    The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47835