Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hay doodz.

ok ok hehehe..

im michael, im 18 years young. I decided to join just for the hell of it. I'm not good at picking favorites or even introductions, but I do know cracked8ball, muffraider, and kidkool. I don't know if that means shit all to you guys. Anyways here I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Oliver Best

I found this site one late night looking around the web. I'm glad I did because I love old games. I started with the NES but fell in love with the Genesis. I love anything Sega.

In real life I make money to buy old video games. I'm a designer and I hope one day I can cross my work and my love and design for video games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc

Hmmm, who am I? Well, lets see, first off I'm 16 from New York USA. How I found the forums you ask, well I searched "message boards" under google, because I was getting bored of my otherone and this one caught my eye because I love gaming.

My favorite games eh? Oi, I have way too many too list, but the ones that I guess REALLY stick out would have to be:
    River raid - A2600
    megaman/rockman 1-6 - NES/FC
    Pitfall Harry (which was recommended to me by my favorite English teacher, and now I love the game) - A2600
    FF3j - FC
    Thrasher Skate and Destroy - PSX

For systems, I'll just collect for every system I have which currently is: A2600, NES, Genny, SNES, Saturn, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, GB, Game.com. If I see a decent game, or rare game for cheap for any system, I'll buy it. Sometimes even if I dont own the system.

My "real" life, why would anyone want to know about that? If you really want to know, I just spend my free time either skateboarding, snowboard, doing various drugs, or just hanging with friends playing games.

Well, I guess thats all there really is to know about me, if anyone at all is even interested so all I have to say now is, see you on the forums.
    Anyone who thinks Goldeneye is the best shooter game out there. They obviously have never played Berzerk

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me

Name is Tom, I collect/play/trade in mostly classic games, console and computer. I specialize in RPG/adventure type since that is what I like to play the most. I also like to collect "rarities", even if not RPG. I have a lot of games in my collection, and a LOT for trade/sale. You can find out more about me on my main web page (plus a history of the Ultima series), TomMage.com. My trading history, you can check some of it at ebay, my ID is www_TomMage_com and my ID at GameTZ is TomMage.

Looking forward to some trading!! I am an "internet policeman" of a sort, I CAN'T STAND SCAMMERS/THEIVES. For example on lady in Malaysia stole many thousands of dollars from people around the world. I spent some time making reports etc and ended up having her thrown in jail. She gave back my money and a lot of money she stole from other people too (you can check history of this under my ID at GameTZ, her name is Sissy Lau). If anyone needs info on what to do if you get ripped off feel free to ask, I'll be happy to provide more details on how to handle things like that, IE DO NOT GIVE UP.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Visit my web page for lots of games for sale/trade www.TomMage.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nik

Hi, I just signed up, my name is Nik Robbins, and I'm from Fayetteville, Arkansas. I was a video gamer for most of my life, but at some point in high school I slowed down my gaming and in college I've practically stopped (the only Playstation 2 game I've ever played is Final Fantasy X, and I've never played a Gamecube or an Xbox). But now that I'm almost through with undergrad, I've decided to get back into gaming, and as a start I've returned to my roots by buying a Super Nintendo from a used game chain we have here in Arkansas called the Game Xchange (the SNES was always my favorite; I had an NES and a Genesis, but I always had far more games for my SNES). I found these forums while searching the internet for the best SNES games. I also have a Sega CDX I saw on eBay and just couldn't pass up (I also bid on a Turbo Duo, but the bidding went up to high for my college student budget). I plan on buying a PSone once I've exhausted the best games of the 16-bit era, then maybe a N64 and a Sega Saturn (I never had a Saturn). Then when I have a job, I'll get back into the new stuff.

I don't really have much of a collection right now, but I do have the limited edition yellow and blue Pokemon Gameboy Color. And my CDX, that's kind of rare. If only I hadn't had to let that Turbo Duo get away, I would've had the complete set of three 16-bit systems, plus the CD drives for the two that had them. Sigh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, everyone.

I stumbled upon this forum a few years ago from a topic on GameFAQs, ever since I've been viewing the site, and lurking at the forums. Since I was enjoying the site so much, I decided to become a part of it, and joined the Roundtable.

I'm a huge fan of retro consoles, not only because they're cheap, but also for nostalgiac reasons. Although I love videogames, I don't consider myself a collector, even though most of the people I run into consider my collection to be huge (it still doesn't hold a candle to the collections on this site, though).

I have a ton of favorite games, and I couldn't point one out, but I'm mainly into stuff from the NES.

In my spare time I scour flea markets, trying to find the most amount of games for as little as possible.

That is all.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves elected president should on no account be allowed to have the job." ~Douglas Adams

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey

Hola, me llamo es Justino.... Actually its Justin.... I just wanted to say hi and that Im new here.... Digitalspace recommended this site to me... I love it here... anyways hello everyone... I will probably be around for awhile!! hehe....

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Hi. My name's Daria... well actually it's Alex but for online purposes Daria suits me fine. Geez writing this feels a little silly. Do these actualy get read? Anyway I've been playing video games since I was 4 years old and I'm an avid collector of all things RPG- well RPG and in english I'm not too fond of playing games that I can't understand. My favorite games/series include Shining Force, Alundra, Lunar, Rhapsody, Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Breath of Fire, Harvest Moon, etc...

I'll play any game for any system, so I'm really unpartial when it comes to "console wars". I'm 20 years old, and female incase it wasn't obvious by now. And I guess that's about it for now. (:
    ________
    The Cigar Boss
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default *insert dramatic intro MIDI here*

My turn? right...

My name's Thomas. To lessen the vagueness of my location, I live in Mckinney, of a verdant type of backwood/close to the city town. Enough happens here to make me like it, and the nature here is beautiful...

I uh... heh, I actually found my way here looking for info on Shinobi 3 so I could finish my novelization of it. ( I'd like the name's of the bosses, so email 'em if ye know!)

I love all games ('cept sports and cliche types), but the older ones hold a special place in the cockles for me...from the strange gross, repeated landscapes of Contra-esque shooters, to quests for a child at heart, like Kirby (which i have respected my whole life), to the more robust era of Sega (shinobi, splatterhourse, gunstar heroes, SONIC!, Samurai Shodown) ... cel-like fightin' games are fun too!

Basically Nintendo and Sega, since I don't really collect 'em not to play 'em. I collect any with great soundtracks (or music I can tape-record) So, games n' music.. Rockman 2's ending music got me started on it.

Although reality is questionable in it's existence, I work as a co-writer for Anti-feline, an online series began by my greatest friend Kuwari. I am currently in high school still, and am looking for a job too... used to work at Pizza Hutt.

I have truthfully beaten all three Splatterhouses, though it took about 3 weeks to get it right, the TG-16 version almost taking up that time (that shape-shifter's a pain in the ass!), gotten to level 2 on Ghosts n' Goblins. I don't really collect games, I just preserve them in my room. I am a stout advocate of the OCRemix site, as the music there is second to none in this world.
    I also despise religion.. personal reasons.
    Pray for a true peace in space!
    And while one can't escape one's true destiny, you can delay it indefinitely and have a beer.
    ~ Tom Nook

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm Paul, I live in San Jose, California. I found the forums through links from various game sites.

My favorite games... Well I am a huge fan of Sonic and pretty much all things Sega. I collect for all the Sega Systems, but I specialize in the Master System.

In "real life" I am a senior in high school and I play drums in 2 bands. Nothing recorded yet though...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live

Hrmm, I suppose I'll bite.

Hey Everyone, Ross here from The boring suburbs of Philly. Found the forums a few days ago searching for something NES related (though the exact search eludes me now).

Favorite games? Oh man, I have way too many for that, haha. I collect primarily for NES (My all time favorite console), but will pick up anything for any other console if it's a good deal.

Being only 17, I go to school (naturally). While not in school, I hit the gym, work, and hang out with friends/my girlfriend...

As I don't make much to continuously buy games like many of you guys (which I envy infinitely for, mind you), I'll take ANY hints on places to locate these things! (like tips on where to go to find goodwill stores/yardsales, etc).

I don't have any pics of me with my meager collection, but since I always like to be able to put a face behind the name, I figure I should offer the same. http://acf.5light.com/pics/1415.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, my name is Chris, I'm 21, and I reside in South Carolina. I actually came across this site several years ago when I first got online, and even posted on the old woodgrain-style messageboard for a while before Real Life started to get in the way. I made a new account when the forum style changed but simply haven't had time to post until now (though I have managed to lurk the boards occassionally).

About my tastes in gaming, it's hard for me to single out a single game or type of game as my favorite, since that usually happens to be whatever I'm playing at the time. Unfortunately, circumstances have forced me to get rid of a huge portion of my gaming collection over time, including my NES, SNES, and most of my PSX stuff, leaving me with comparativley little except for my GBA and Gamecube systems and games. An old friend has recently given me his old SMS stuff though, so I'm seriously thinking about picking up a few of my favorite games for it should the opportunity present itself. I also have a few import gaming soundtracks as well.

As for my real life, I work part time at a local bookstore and am currently planning on attending college starting this summer. I'm pretty much clean, I don't do drugs or even drink (I'm not as stiff as that makes me sound, though, I promise). Guess that's about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you know...i don't think i ever posted in this topic, i figured nobody reads it...i guess you are proving me wrong

- Who you are
    - Where you live

i'm a guy who plays some games in charlotte, nc. i found the forums through the 'yet more ebay insanity'. can't remember how, but i do remember just browsing that section for a good week or two before venturing elsewhere. favorite games? hmmm....that changes alot. i like nes games the most right now, but anything i don't have to play for more than an hour at a time...used to only play rpgs/longer games, but no more.

i collect for nes,snes,psx,dreamcast right now, and soon genesis and turbo graphx stuff. i only collect games i want to play, not trying to complete anything as of yet. i'm getting the shooter itch tho...and i blame it on ikaruga...never cared for shooter too much, but now...i can't resist all the flying bullets. i'm tired and weary of storyline driven games. even the likes of stuff like the new metal gears. hell, i don't even read the logs for metroid prime which i'm playing right now.

in real life i make pizzas, alot of them. it's ok, but when your 24 and still doing it, it makes you feel like shit.

i began collecting, ironically enough, through emulation...i was beginning to think i was too old, or didnt' like games anymore...nope, i just don't care for too many new games...or old ones for that matter, i'm kinda picky...there's too many good games out there to play bad ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just introduced myself in the 'off-topic' forum because like a right ninny I didn't realize this was here. DOH!
    Anyways hi folks hope you're all well and I look foward to nattering about some of the great games of yesteryear without having to deal with bothersome fanboys.

I'm male, 30 years old, (31 in June ) and have a beautiful wife who also like her videogaming, (no kids yet).
    I've been a videogamer ever since I went to a friends house when i was a little kid and had a blast on his Atari 2600. The rest, as they say, is history but during that time I've either owned, (or still own), everything from the Commodore+4 to the Spectrum128+2 to the Neo-Geo AES to the Xbox.

Take it easy.
    Elf shot the food......

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I'm new around here. This place looks great My name is Debs and I'm a 22 year old female gamer from England. I live with my Fiancé David, he's not into games like me though. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. I currently have 300 + games over 14 systems.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Ugh... I hate I posting "Hi, I'm new!" things, but what the heck. o_O

I'm Aussie2B AKA Succubus AKA tri-Ace Super Fan AKA Tina. I'm 21, obsessed with games and other Japanese products, and I find Willy Wonka sexy.

Some of you may know me (some of you DO know me) from other gaming message boards (Castlevania Dungeon, GameFAQs, SoundtrackCentral, etc.), or maybe you've come across my reviews, FAQs, or web site.

My favorite games are from the Star Ocean series, which is apparent to anyone who is around me for more than 5 minutes. I buy anything and everything related to the series and tri-Ace in general.

And as a final note, most people hate me because I'm extremely opinionated and harsh (and most people hate women who are like this more than the men). Just a warning. O_o

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HI!

Hello!

My latest episode of retro game cravings led me to Codename : Viper for the NES. Having just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, I entered a Google search for "classic nes sidescrollers" and discovered these forums.

Who you are
    CLASSIFIED

Where you live
    CLASSIFIED

How you found the forums
    Google search "classic nes sidescrollers"

What your favorite games are
    currently BF1942

What systems you collect for
    TI-99, DOS, NES, SNES, Gameboy

What you do in "real life"
    VG production

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I learned all my basic math and BASIC skills using the TI-99. It was a beautiful system, combining the speed of hardware with the versatility of software. Cartridge based titles are fast, and can extend your platform's hardware with custom circuitry. Software titles are cheap, as they do not need to carry the cost overhead of hardware.

When the NES came out I was greatly impressed, despite it's lack of hardware only titles. I desired an NES of my own and received one some months later as a gift from my parents. I remember getting seriously frustrated with Super Mario Brothers while our family was staying in a hotel (we were between homes). I still have ROB to this day, although he is missing his accessories.

A year or two later, SSI's Pool of Radiance convinced me that being a PC gamer isn't all badl. Before that game came out I always viewed PC games as being weak compared to the NES. Now I saw that the PC would become a powerful gaming platform in my opinion. This came true for me several years later when Wolfenstein 3d came out, and shortly thereafter DOOM made the world see it too.

I took a short 2 or 3 year break from video games after my last addiction: Sid Meiers Civilizations. The break officially ended when I discovered UO. I played UO for quite some time before RTCW came out. For some reason the return of an old title from my childhood caught my attention. I played the RTCW Demo to death and grabbed the full game as soon as it became available. Since then I've been an FPS addict.

5 years ago I started collecting older titles for NES, SNES, and Gameboy. Why? My guess it is that 3d gaming has become such the norm that the fun of 2d gaming is being lost. For me nothing beats a good match of BF1942, RTCW, or UT, but when my internet is down, or when I feel like playing an RPG, I always turn towards my childhood favorites: FF1, Dragon Warrior, Pool of Radiance, Secret of Mana, and NetHack.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are : Geoff
    - Where you live : NJ
    - How you found the forums : I found them a looooong time ago, but I just signed up now because I write for Manci Games
    - What your favorite games are : Too many to list, but all time faves include Super Castlevania IV (and the whole CV series), Mega Man 2, Umihara Kawase, Super Mario 64, Metal Slug 3, Jet Grind Radio, Super Monkey Ball, Shikigami no Shiro II
    - What systems you collect for: Pretty much everything but at the moment I'm concentrating on 16-bit imports and current stuff (mostly Gamecube)
    - What you do in "real life" : Writer, musician, and some other stuff that doesn't make me very much money
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: Started with the NES and kept going. I've always been a "pac-rat" and I never stopped playing my old systems even as new ones came along!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! Skullkid here.

I love to collect and play games!
    I started gaming on the Coleco Adam .
    I own over 1000 game spread over 30 systems.
    My favorite genres are Role Playing,Fighting,Action,and Adventure.
    I try to avoid Racing, First Person Shooters, and Sports games(Unless they are Arcade like).
    My Favorite system is the Genesis.
    My favorite games are Tempest 2000, Jet Grind Radio, Super Punch Out!,
    and Kaboom!
    I can be spotted at Phillyclassic carrying a giant trash bag full of stuff that I bought.
    I look forward to posting here. :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, My name is Jim and I live in Pa about 1 hour north of Philadlphia. I'm 38 years of age and have been playing and collecting games since the Atari 5200 was released. I only recently started my 2600 collection. I own most all the major systems since that time to present with the exception of the Neo Geo unfortunatly. I like all the sytems and collect for most. I'm a big fan of the NUON DVD's and have a complete collection of all 8 games released for this short lived platform including Crayon Shin-Chan.
    I discovered the Forum some time ago and just now decided to join in. Some of my favorite games are Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magical Chase, Air Zonk, Warlords, Mr. Do, Tetris, Breakout, Atari Karts and Merlin Racing. I like alot of different stuff. I try to collect all things complete and as near mint as possible in my collection and have been this way since I started in the early 80's. So even the old things in my colection are in very good shape.
    I recently attended the Philly Classic 5 show and have attended a few of them now. I will be also going to the East Coast Gaming Expo in Reading PA on 9/11/04.
    I'm a food broker in my professional life, married with two children. That should do it. Thanks for reading.

jimv