0 Posts

- Who you are
    Tom
    - Where you live
    Rochester, NY
    - How you found the forums
    Recommended by a member on another forum
    - What your favorite games are
    Taskmaker(Mac), Goldeneye(N64), Gradius III(SNES)
    - What systems you collect for
    SNES, Atart2600,Virtual Boy, N64, GCN, NES, Gameboy, GBA, PS, Dreamcast, Genesis, SMS
    - What you do in "real life"
    I work part-time at a coffee shop
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I began collectiing because....I don't know, mainly just because I liked video-games and wanted to I guess

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Eric
    - Where you live
    Suburbs of Philly
    Friend of mine
    Always been a big fan of Mario and Megaman
    Mainly collect for NES but also have Sega Genesis, PS2, N64
    Part time Job at Wendy's. hang out with friends a lot
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc
    Not much, just found it fun searching for good/rare games. Although it can get expensive i still enjoy it

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uhhhhhhh.... hi.

Normally I loathe boards and forums due to them being swarmed with teenagers with bad grammar and 1.5 meg avatars, but this seems like a friendly and highly intelligent community that I would very much like to be a part of. I honestly don't know how I found this place but I'm glad I did.

As for who I am, my name's Jeff, I'm a cook, I live in New England, the V sticks on my keyboard from when a friend spilled whiskey on it, and I'm one of the few people roaming the planet who still uses a 56k.

I was born in '81 and my parents had an atari hooked up to the TV when they brought me home, so I've been playing games quite literally my whole life. I can clearly recall having my mind blown right out the back of my skull at the sheer beauty of Sonic the Hedgehog. "It's so realistic" I was heard to mutter with unadulterated youthful awe.

Right now I am currently in possession of (and collecting for) an Atari 2600, a front loading NES, a Genesis I and a Genesis II, A Sega power base converter unit, (my newest aquisition) a Sega CD, a Saturn, a Dreamcast, a Turbo Grafx 16, a (possibly fried) Famiclone, an N64, a Gamecube, a GBA, a PS2 and one of those neat little PsOnes with the screen built in so you can play it in the car.

I look forward to meeting you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey whatsup. Im Tyler Evans from atlanta Georgia. Yea umm err...Thats really it lol. So hey everyone and so far ive been ahving fun. Ill answer those questions later.

Tyler

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

My name is Bill, I'm 42 and live in the Pacific Northwest.

My son, he's 7, and I are gameplaying fools and enjoy playing either coop or pounding each others pixels silly against each other.

He owns: Sega Genesis
    I own: X-box

His favorite Sega games: Anything that has to do with Superheroes, although he also likes Sonic the Hedgehog too.

My favorite games: Currently Elder Scrolls III Although some other great games I like for the box...Halo, Mech Assault, Burn-out, Knock Out Kings, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell, and just because it's so wonderfully goofy-Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee. My next two purchases are the GTA box set and Syberia.

Happy gaming, and best wishes!
    OldSchool(Bill)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who am I?

I'm Kevin Johnson, I live in Atlanta, I'm 24. I heard about this site from a friend who is a hardcore Sega fan, like myself. I have collections going for Neo Geo AES, Sega Saturn, Sega CD, SMS, Genesis, and the Turbo. Some of my first memories are playing my sisters colecovision, I think I was 5, and ever since I have been playing games. I started collectiing simply because i don't trade in any of my games or sell them off. And because of that my collection has grown to moddest proportions. My current favorite system has to be my Neo Geo because of two simple words; METAL SLUG. I was first introduced to this amazing shooter series on the NGPC. A few years ago I was able to find a Neo at my local retro game store. At the same store I managed to snag Metal Slug 1 for the Saturn and ever since I have done what it takes to get the new installments on the Neo. Currently I have 3, 4, and 5 and am looking for a good deal on Metal Slug X.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Ken
    - Where you live
    Sunny Puerto Rico!
    Been lurking for a while but started posting when Manci Games was released.
    Rocket Knight Adventures, Bonk's Adventure, Phantasy Star series
    SNES, Atart2600, N64, GCN, NES, Turbo Grafx-16, Neo Geo, GBA, PS, Dreamcast, Genesis, SMS.
    Teach university English.
    I've been playing games since the 2600, and gaming is the one hobby I've had that has survived through the years. I love it more and more as time goes on.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Kristian Meller (contrary to what my name means, I am not at all religiuos. I believe in nothing/no one but myself)

- Where you live

Skoedstrup, Denmark. Near the second largest city, also known as the smallest Big City in the world, Aarhus. Hoping to move to our capital, Copenhagen, within the next few years.

Someone mentioned them at Neo-Geo.com. Think it was D-Lite or Kid Aphex.

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garegga, Metal Slug 3 and Symphony of the Night. All off the top of my head, but they're definitely all in my all-time top-10.

SotN is somewhat of a deviation. I don't play platformers outside of the CV-series. I play Japanese RPG's and SRPG's, vertical shooters, 2d-fighters on the Neo and basketball games. Yep, I'm a basketball nut, so I guess playing a game of NBA Inside Drive 2004 a day, keeps me from hating the fact that we only get one NBA game a week on the telly over here. Throw in a game of multiplayer PES3 and Samba De Amigo, and you've got a pretty good idea of what I spend my time with.

SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Neo Geo AES, PS1, PS2, Xbox, GC, NGPC, GBA, PC Engine and Dreamcast. Not too into the pre 16-bit era. Forget about me owning anything Atari.

I'm a student currently finishing off the third and last year of Technical High School. School system is different from the one found in the US and UK, and it would take too much space to explain

Had a large amount of PSX games for a while, but I didn't start collecting before the summer of 2002. No shit It started with a Saturn, outside of the current gen systems, and then followed Genesis and SNES systems and games en masse. At least to me it's considered en masse Within the last 6 months I've added the ultimate wallet emptying retro systems, the Neo Geo AES and the PC Engine (DUO) to my collection. The whole thing can be seen in my signature. Lately I've been watching a lot of japanese TV animation. I borrowed Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect Collection early in 2004, and it rocked my world. I've since bought Death & Rebirt and End, and I plan on purchasing FLCL and the first half of GTO within the next few months. Later I borrowed His & Her Circumstances, which only served to confirm my belief that Anno + Gainax = Some Of The Best Stuff Evar. I now consider myself a seriously deprived anime fan, since I don't really have the money to buy much of anything else than games for the AES these day.
    Setup Stuff (1 MB) Hall Of Fame
    Say what? This is no fluke. This is why I'm here every year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    My name is Nelson

Where you live
    Puerto Rico

How you found the forums
    While searching info for some of my favorite games.

What your favorite games are
    Snatcher(Sega CD), Fighting games( Street Fighter Series, Virtua Fighter, Samurai Shodown, KoF and so on...), RPG's, Strategy (FFT, Dark Wizard), Panzer Dragoon Series, the list goes on and on...

What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600, Lynx, NES, SNES, SMS,Genesis, Saturn, DC, Sega CD, Turbografx-16, All GBA incarnations, Neo Geo MVS

What you do in "real life"
    I work as Senior Attendant at a local arcade (Time Out)

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I also collect Star Wars stuff. I began collecting games seriously in mid 80's, and started to collect games magazines since '89 and still do. Also I do reviews in spanish at www.palanquita.com, this site was founded by a group of friends and I, we host many fighting games tournaments. I'm glad I found this site, DP is THE authority in the video games collecting, period.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, everybody.

I am 16 years old and love good, old gaming. Some of my favorite video game consoles are the Turbo Duo/PC Engine, NES, SNES, various Sega systems, Neo Geo AES/MVS, and old arcade games. I also love older PC games along with old computer systems like the Apple II, Commodore 64, and Amiga.

My favorite genres of games are action-RPGs, shooters (horizontal or vertical), standard-rpgs, and 2D fighting games.

Ys Book I & II for the Turbo Grafx 16 CD system is my favorite game of all time for it's compelling story, easy controls, and outstanding soundtrack. Falcom has made some of the best action-RPGs I have ever played.

There are too many fantastic shooters to consider one as my favorite, but some of my favorites are: Blazing Lazers (TG16), Gates of Thunder (Duo), Insector X (Genesis), Metal Slug series (Neo Geo), and R-Type (arcades and various platform releases).

That's basically me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policenaut
    Who you are
    My name is Nelson

Where you live
    Puerto Rico
    Another Boricua! ¿Qué tal amigo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Todo bien, thanks!! How about you? I already sent you a PM, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Shawn Hopkins, from Regina, Kentucky. I'm a 28-year-old mild mannered reporter for a multi-weekly newspaper called the Appalachian News-Express (www.news-expressky.com).

My first system was an Atari 2600. I can remember spending a summer day flipping the score of the Atari 2600 Defender, on one of the easier levels. I also remember my dad taping down one of the buttons with a popsicle stick to more easily play some game, I think it was Centipede. Since our family never had a computer, I mostly stayed on the console side of gaming until I went to college.

My favorite games tend to be RPGs and adventure games. I'd have a hard time listing a number one game, because I'm not good at ranking things, but I love Fallout, Pitfall, Moonsweeper, the Dragon Warrior games, Half-Life, Super Mario Brothers, Secret of Monkey Island, Loom, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Lunar Silver Star Story, Suikoden and the Shadowrun games for SNES and Genesis.

I don't really have the reflexes for tough games like some shooters, but I like to play them sometimes anyway. I beat games more through tenacity than great skill, so you'll probably never see me post about a game I beat on one life. I'm not into sports so I don't play many sports games.

I'd like to consider myself equal parts gamer and collector, but I have to admit I have a couple hundred games I haven't beaten and dozens I've never played, except maybe to check that they work. I used to focus almost entirely on CD-based systems, mostly Sega CD and my collection for that is probably my most complete. I have a lot of 3DO games, too. Lately I've been getting back into carts, though, especially NES.

I collect for: Sega CD, 3DO, NES, Genesis, Sega Saturn, 32X, Master System, Turbografx-16 and Gameboy. I have a few N64 games I still need to get, and I buy PS1 RPGs and adventure games released on the console. If I had working SNES and Dreamcast consoles I would collect for them. I also play the three modern consoles. I'll pretty much collect anything if I can find it and it looks interesting.

I use Ebay for collecting, but I prefer to find things in the wild. I'm also a collector of comic books, which is, if anything, the greater obsession (several thousand books), so when I go to flea markets I hunt for both equally. If I find a game based on a comic that's a big bonus. I'm also into anime.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    just call me raivyn its my super hero name!

Where you live
    In a very small town in MO

How you found the forums
    honestly dont remember exactly lol it was either while i was doing an internet search for the super 8/tristar (i was looking at one that was taken off ebay possibly the same one that was sold here??) either that or i was sent here via link from nesworld. possibly both.

What your favorite games are
    basically i'm a role player/quester. i do like tetris and jeopardy etc too

What systems you collect for
    NES, SNES, N64, PSX, PC, and just started Gameboy and Gameboy Color (my mommy and daddy wouldn't get me one when i was little - so i convinced myself i didn't want one cause it was b & w)

What you do in "real life"
    i work for a large financial company - but i'm just a peon. going back to school for teaching degree

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I have been an avid gamer since i was about 6 or 7. with the natural break periods here and there. my neighbor had an atari (2600?? i think had pong and pitfall and donkey kong) they also had one of those nifty radio schack 64k computers (you know the ones with the keyboar attached to the monitor and the floppy goes in next to the keyboard) then they got a MAC. then NINTENDO came out!!!! and i got my very own after some begging. Super Mario Brothers hooked me on nintendo and Zelda hooked me on RPGs for life. my sister also had the first or a very early PC version of POR (i believe that is the correct D&D game) she also had a text game i believe called the leather goddess of phobos or something to that effect. then my parents decided to get a computer!!! and i got my very first PC questing game Kings Quest 1!!!! i also got Below the Root (great game but oh the aggervation!!) the black cauldron, lode runner and marble madness a few of my favorites from my old pc. i also got a SNES one year for xmas. this is where i sort of fell off a bit - puberty/high school all that. then N64 came out and i wanted one sooo bad so i got out the old credit card and bought one and banjo kazooie. then i put it up for awhile along with all the others until i rediscovered the original NES and finally got a playstation (year 2000!) so last year i discovered/realized eBay had old games! so i bought a few and took a breather until last month i started buying some more. i currently have about 90 NES, a handful of SNES and same of N64, i have quite a few PC games. i think i even still have some 5 1/4" floppy games somewhere. i have all kings quest (up to VII) i also play online some (thanks to diablo i'm hooked online) but the only game i play online is diablo 2 LOD. i have everquest, ultima, starcraft, warcraft but i have barely played them and never played EP or UO. i play POR-RoMD single player and arcanna single player, balders gate single player and i like fallout. well i think thats more than enough i could go on and on but i wont
    i'm just glad to have found this place - none of my friends really get why i spend so much time and money on these games... my boyfriend doesn't say too much though because he's as obsessed with arrowheads as i am with games. anyway i'm not really into collecting for money - more for personal entertainment but i did recently purchase a small lot of games on ebay with the intention of reselling the junk games i didn't want. i do play my games as much as i can which lately isn't much. ive recently discovered RPGs i didn't know existed. my exposure in this town is limited. anyhow that really is enough
    will you cross the line?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default p.s.

i forgot to add i'm a big sci-fi 'geek' and i collect comics (mostly x-men) but i had quite a few old comics i've lost over the years. i also read alot of fantasy - not really a sci-fi reader though i'd rather watch sci fi.
    will you cross the line?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Hi, My names Michael Blades (yes my real name and no crap jokes Ive heard them all)

- Where you live
    I Live in the UK Liverpool/Burnley

another user 'chaoticjelly' introduced me

GUNSTAR HEROES, all RPG's

All Nintendo and SEGA ones, and the modern ones of course

I'm a student on a Computer Games Technology course. STUDENT!

Began collecting because i got a student loan hehe, I hate getting things only to find that parts don't work or are missing completely, gets right on my t**s.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is David Perry. I am a junior at LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. Some of my favorite games are Snatcher, Xenogears, Panzer Dragoon Saga, FFVII, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and pretty much any Capcom, SNK, and Sammy fighter.

The systems I collect for are Turbo Duo, PC-FX, Saturn, Sega CD, Dreamcast, Playstation, PC, and Neo Geo MVS. I have just started collecting for MVS; the only game I have right now is Rage of the Dragons. I started collecting during my freshman year of college. Since I am in college, I don't have that much time to play the games that I have been collecting. A couple of my other interests are hockey and anime.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all.

As you all know,I am new to these forums. However,as far as feedback goes,I am a regular over at Neo-Geo.com,so if anyone need references,just cruise on over to NG.com and ask about me.

I'm currently residing in Los Angeles,California,without any intention of moving anywhere else,soon. I've been collecting and enjoying videogames as far back as I can remember. My collection consist of Neo-Geo,Saturn,PSX/PS II,GBA,GCN,Xbox,Jamma/arcade,and just about every other system inbetween.

Any question or comments,please direct all inquiries through PM.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone. I'm new here since I've only just found out about this place through a friend. I hope to take part in may posts here and that you guys can help me out in the future with your wonderful knowledge of classic systems.

Yakumo
    Love the world of NTSC-J Sega?
    http://www.segagagadomain.com