Page 36 of 164 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, name's Nathan. Long time lurker, first time poster (well, I did post a few messages a week ago, but whatever). My collection isn't very big at the moment, but I plan to keep how many games I have in my signature for the moment being. In terms of systems, I have an Odyssey2 (just got it, but it's not working too well), NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy Pocket, N64, PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance (standard, not SP), and a GameCube, besides my PC, of course. I'm passionate about gaming, I've been playing for several years, and although I'm kind of young (16, if you must know), I am quite interested in retro gaming.

Brief biography: My family had an NES when I was young (although the only game I remember distinctly was Duck Hunt), and later on they got a SNES packed in with Zelda: ALttP. It was that system that I started to enjoy playing games on (still one of my favorite consoles, even to this day), and I believe ALttP was one of the first games I ever beat. My older brother was the person who these systems were meant for, but eventually his interested waned and mine grew, especially when I got my Game Boy. Eventually, we received a N64 with Zelda: OoT. I have to say, in all honestly, OoT was a turning point for me and got me more and more interested in the world of gaming. Eventually, I started getting interested in more than just what was popular and started to collect games (first getting an old NES, Genesis, and now an Odyssey2). I still enjoy new games, though, as can be told through my several GBA, GameCube, and PS1 and 2 titles. Money and time permitting, I hope to expand my collection more in the future.

I really enjoy this community, as there's a lot of helpful people around and a lot of insightful information as well. But enough about me. Hope I'm actually of some usefulness to some people!
    Input Initials - <a href="http://vglogic.50megs.com/">Video Game Logic<a>
    NEG
    153 games and counting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are / - Where you live
    My name is Fabian , I'm a 17 year old gamer from germany.
    I began to collect retro games ...... 4 weeks ago ^^
    So my collection is kinda ....... small.
    My only retro consoles are the Sega Dreamcast and my PsOne .... it 'll grow by time

In real life im a pupil ... uihm ....... if you got any questions just ask

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dragonfly Introduction

Hello fellow collectors and gamers, My name is Shane Reel, I am 30 years young and I live in a small town in North Carolina called Lincolnton. I found the forums a couple of years ago actually but mostly just read and never replied. I found them after finding a copy of Digital Press fifth edition on ebay while trying to find some deals on some vcs games. I bought the copy and then sixth and seventh and now a pre-order of advance have followed. My favorite games would have to be the early Final Fantasy series on the NES and Super NES. I collect for all systems starting with the Odyssey and the early pong systems all the way to the current systems. My first video game experience was at a relatives house when they let me play a tele-games Pong system. I was forever hooked on games from that moment on. My first system was the Atari 5200. All my friends had the 2600 systems that I had access to anytime I wanted to play so I decided to be different (and have better graphics) but later found out that I would fall way behind in the games department, then along came 1984. I didnt have much to choose from and decided it was time for a computer. My friends had Apple II's and again I had to be different and bought me a C64. This time however it was they who fell behind in the games department. I dedicated most or nearly all of my free time to the C64 and played it right up till the time the NES hit the stage. I went out and bought one and this is when I started to "collect games". All my friends were giving up the Atari systems at yard sales for near nothing so they could run out and get an NES. I couldnt stand the thought of thses systems going to someone for five bucks so I ended up buying everyones gaming history. One of my friends mother was a school teacher and had sent in the johnson & johnson labels for a Tooth Protectors which I got with 19 other games for a 10 spot . In the real world I am a Bowling Center Manager (cool job for a kid at heart). I have a wife and two children with whom I enjoy the rest of my free time. Collecting is just one of my many hobbies, and of all my hobbies my favorite.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are: my name is juan and i am 23
    - Where you live: live in miami
    - How you found the forums: I was at a circuit city during the five dollar game rush, and a friend and I struck a conversation with a guy looking for five dollar games and told me about the site and decided to visit it.
    - What your favorite games are: bionic commado, street fighter, castlevanias
    - What systems you collect for: I collect for all, I suppose. I dont really concentrate on any single one.
    - What you do in "real life" Currently doing fraud investigation at a credit card company.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. It just kind of happend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do you do :D

Hello, I'm Brian. I live in Mt.Carmel, IL.
    I found the forums while google searching for game gear/ dreamcast items.
    I collect games for the Dreamcast and Game Gear right now, but look to start collecting for the SMS also very soon.
    At the moment I am disabled(kidney failure)so I don't work. I go to dialysis 3 days a week and spend the rest of my time working through text books and playing/collecting games. I'm hoping to become a game programmer after I have a kidney transplant.
    I've always enjoys video games. My first system was an Atari 400/800.

I'm glad I found a group of people that enjoy retro-gaming as I do!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Ahoy all. I've been using the DP resources for awhile now, and I figured I may as well break into the forums while I'm at it. I'm currently stationed in Janesville, WI. I've been a collector proper for a year or two now, or I guess whenever Dreamcast games started selling around 20 USD in malls. I have always had an affinity to gaming, though, my earliest memories in life involve pacman jr. on my 2600 jr. and stuff like castlevania and zelda on NES.

However I must admit that I am and have been a bit of a...darkside gamer. I'm both proud and not proud of what I have pirated...what I cannot have I try to "have access to" via emulation, piracy, ect. I also liberated a few items from working at a goodwill donation center...although that story has many more factors to it than it seems at first, maybe I'll make it into a thread to discuss. I am stating all this so that DP as a community can decide how it feels about such things before I go off and start making topics on tricks of the darkside. If it's not wanted, I'll keep it quieter. If it is, i could make a collumn out of it probably. But that's up to you guys. I'm a moderator in other communities, so I understand and respect the need for rules and standards in a community. So basically, someone let me know to what extent I should speak of such things. I'm not gonna go off and post roms and whatnot though. Just curious as to how acceptable talk of piracy is.

Sorry for the long-winded speach. Great site guys, and I'd only love to hang out and contribute what I can. Game on dudes, and be excellent to each other.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Charles Johnson, out of Alameda, CA. I got turned on here by a friend about six weeks ago when I was looking for a place to sell some factory seal NES carts I stumbled across for $10 each, and wound up staying.

Right now I'm collecting on all current-gen systems (X-Box is my fave, karma be damned) and for the Nintendo NES. I'm big on boxed/complete carts, totally uninterested in cart-only games (unless they're games that were never manufactured with a box in the first place). Also big on the huge number of totally, totally worthless NES accessories, like the glove, headgun, rolling pad, piano, etc.

I figure once my NES lust is sated, I'll move on to the SNES or the Genny. I'm not much interested in systems earlier than this because they don't overcome what I like to call the technology/nostalgia curve.

In real life, I'm a systems/network administrator for a small .com company out of Pleasanton, CA.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,I am Jeff. I've been browsing the site for a few years,but now Ive decided to make it official Ive been hanging around AA for awhile and came over to check the place out.HEY EVERYBODY!
    Make your digits type in www.digitpress.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the good o'l days of arcade mania, and have been frequenting this site for a while -- figured what the hell, the time has come to drop in.

Years ago a letter I wrote to the Game Doctor was printed in VIDEO GAMES & COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT, which began my interest in gaming journalism (I wrote for Planet Gamecube for a while as well).

I love GameCube and (gasp!) even the Xbox, and polay MAME religiously on my PC.

It's great to be OFFICIALLY here !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

I'm a wisconsinite, and a born-and-bred gamer, especially vintage stuff!!

I'm 24 years old and I'm a manager at an Electronics Boutique, so once in a while I catch some opportunities.

I found this site from the GMR article!! Go Ziff Davis!

Some of my favorites in my collection... I own PS1, 2, 3 and 4 all complete except PS1, which is missing the case. Didn't have to go find them either, I've owned them forever hehe. Also have the entire Genesis "Shining" series- SF1, SF2 and Shining in the Darkness (awesome game). Wonder Boy 1, 2 and 3 for the SMS And Golvellius! Golvellius > Zelda :P

So I'll be hanging around and wasting time here now. Nice to meet all ya!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Cauterize; 07-19-2009 at 03:54 AM.

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Erm, Phantasy Star not PlayStation lol

Er, why YES! Playstation 3 and 4 *nods frantically* you see, I come from the futur... oh forget it ;P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

- Who you are
    Alpha

- Where you live
    Michigan

- How you found the forums
    A friend

- What your favorite games are
    Puzzle Games

- What systems you collect for
    None really. Just play them.

- What you do in "real life"
    Fix computers

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

none just yet.

Alpha

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all! My name's Joe. I'm 18 and live in California. Been collecting games for about two years now, though my collection is rather small at about 200...I've got a problem where I also collect vinyl records, which ends up reducing my funds available for games.

I mostly collect for Genesis, and am thinking of working on N64 as well. Though my particular quirk is a combination of of my two collecting habits: Video-game-related vinyl records. Thus the highlights of my collection are things like They Call Me Sonic on vinyl ...also have all but one of the tracks from Rise FM in GTA3. But enough pretending to be cool...

I found this website while looking for rarity lists for SNES and Genesis carts. Plan to pick up the new DP guide at CGE this month as well. Been lurking here for a few months now and when I saw that music post I figured "what the hell" and signed up. Now I just gotta make it past three posts and I'll be doing alright...

Cheers.

-Dim

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings Fellow Nerds ;-)

Hello!

My buddy naughtyboy and I are going to be performing at the 2004 CGE in San Jose as 8-Bit Weapon. I thought I'd join up on the forum finally to say hi to Joe and the gang and say that I'm really looking forward to the Expo!

I chose CGE2K4 over meeting Sheila E. by the way!

Oh and thanks to the nice guy who gave me the Gameboy Camera pc link cable and program at E3... which without I would not have the spectacular avatar you see on your left...

See you in San Jose!

- stickchick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey yo

Hey yo.

I hail from southern Ontario (Canada), not too far from the American city of Detroit. I discovered The Retrogaming Roundtable through two individuals that I'm sure many longtime forum contributors are familiar with: Rob (AKA Dire 51) and Mikey (AKA Sotenga). Although I discuss gaming quite a bit at The Third Moon (Dire's domain), I thought I might as well register with this forum since it hosts some very creative topics. A topic concerning games that we enjoy despite the negative reviews attributed to them by the general gaming public is what sold me.

I don't exactly collect games so much as I obsess over them; I'm too poor to maintain a collection for the sake of having my favourite games readily available. I've owned an NES, a Sega Genesis, a Sega Dreamcast, a Sony Playstation 2, and, most recently, an Xbox. I swapped my PS2 for an Xbox since I consider Sony's console a disappointment as far as its hardware, software library, and online experience (or lack thereof) are concerned.

A hardcore oldschool gamer is how I'd best describe myself, although I must admit that I am partial to the First Person Shooter gameplay experience. Despite their simple play mechanics, I miss 2D Beat-'Em Up games like Streets of Rage. A few of my favourite games are Deja Vu, The Uninvited, Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo of America's hack of Doki Doki Panic!), Contra, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Life Force, Castlevania Bloodlines, Splatterhouse 2 / 3, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Samurai Shodown II and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Michael

- Where you live

California

Don't quite remember as I found this site long before I found the forums.

Blast Corps, Atlantis (2600), Shenmue II just to name a few from about 10,000 favorites.

I'm all over the place - I collect for all but a few, and only because I just haven't found one yet. (those specific systems that is)

Retail drone.

I have no interesting facts. I have no idea how I began collecting... I think it was just that I got so many games, took a look at my collection one day and said, "Hey, keep going kid. Reach for the stars."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

- Who you are
    Kevin Gifford, age 26. Used to run a well-known NES page (http://atarihq.com/tsr/index.html). Also used to write for Digital Press. Sorry we got out of touch, Joe...

- Where you live
    San Francisco

Knew about em for a while; just felt like posting tonight. They're larger than I expected.

Too innumerable to list. Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Mega Man III... You know, the good NES games. A lot of PlayStation and PC Engine RPGs. More recently, RalliSport Challenge 2.

NES, Genesis, Sega CD/Mega CD, TG16/PC Engine

Former staff writer for GamePro and its website. Currently write about video games for all sorts of magazines, incl. EGM, GMR, Xbox Nation, the USA edition of Newtype,... Also do Japanese <-> English localization on the side.

My weblog is at http://www.video-fenky.com

I remember exactly how I got into collecting: it was 1993, I was in Chautauqua, NY, and there was this video store called Zappers that was blowing out its NES stock. Simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fennec fox: How were you able to land a job with Gamepro? I'd also like to know of the year(s) in which you contributed to that magazine.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I worked at GamePro for all of 2002 and most of 2003; I started on their online site and gradually began devoting more and more time to the magazine.

No big secret on landing the job; I answered an ad on craigslist