Page 38 of 164 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!
    My name is Michael and I'm from germany. I'm 21 years old and I study biology at Mainz university.
    I collect handhelds and PC games.
    Here is a picture of my handheld collection
    http://www.picupload.net/files/20041908/1092939955.jpg

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello.

my name is fabian(crowd: hello fabian), i'm from tijuana mexico, and i have a problem.

i like to collect videogames and video game consoles. my current set of systems consist of:

nes
    snes
    gb & gba
    gamecube
    game gear
    genesis
    sega cd
    32x
    broken saturn
    dreamcast
    something called 3do
    a telstar pong
    colecovision
    atari 2600

i am currently studiyng computer systems engineering and i'm about 1 year of finishing college.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi my name is jeffrey black and i live in sherwood park alberta canada.
    i am friends with nesmaster.
    i own these systems:
    nes (5) one complete
    snes (2) one complete
    n64
    atari
    ps2 complete + empty box
    genesis (3)
    sega cd (2)
    gameboy
    gameboy colour
    empty x-box box
    playstation (3)
    commodore 64
    sega nomad
    dreamcast complete
    colecovision

i have been in many forums and they all close but i know this one will not so that is why i joined.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Allen
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 156 (after first bowel movement)
    Strength of 10 men.

I am 39 years old. Yes, I lived throught the golden age of gaming. The first videogame I played was Pong. I believe I was 7 at the time. I never saw a Computer Space.

I remember when the Fairchild was new, and a house with a home version of Pong was the place to be.

The first console I ever owned was an Atari Video Pinball, but I kept returning them because they kept breaking down. Bad quality control. I finally got an Atari VCS in 1978. It was that year that I started really getting bad grades. Coincidence? I think not.

Since then, the sickness began. I've owned the following afterwards:

Vectrex
    NES
    SMS
    Gameboy
    SNES
    Gen
    Lynx
    Jag
    Gameboy Pocket
    Saturn
    PS
    N64
    Gameboy Color
    DC
    PS2
    GBA
    GC
    GBA SP
    XB

Whew!

Oh, and I also own a coin-op Tempest. Cocktail style. It's currently my dining table. Of course...I never eat on it.

I repair copiers for a living. And I once killed a guy in Vegas, just 'cuz he wuz a snorin'.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey Everyone!!!

Hey All! I am fairly new to DP, I found out about it from a customer of mine a long time ago. I reside in Washington, D.C. and so does my business. Basically, we (for the time being, anyway) sell [video game] collectible items to raise capital for our business. I have a GameCube and an SNES - the only reason I purchased a GC was to play Tales of Symphonia and it was a great game indeed. I'd probably have to say that one of my FAVORITE games would be "Teen Agent" which is a DOS game, released many years ago (if anyone has heard of it and wants it, let me know!).

My first computer was a Tandy Color Computer 3 System with 128K RAM which I programmed games and stuff on for hours..ahh..the days of "Rad Warrior" and "Springster..".....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone - just signed up, but I've been lurking here for a while now. I came across this site when I was planning my trip to the CGE2003 last year, and I've visited ever since.

I'm 29 years old and live in Scottsdale, AZ with my girlfriend. I'm a college grad who majored in physical anthropology, minored in religiosu studies, and I work as a finance administrator - try and figure that one out.

I've been gaming for close to 25 years now, starting with a 2600 way back around kindergarten. My "gaming experience" is pretty varied, from the conventional (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) to the modern (Xbox, GC, PS2) to the weird (Turbo-16 w/ CD, Sega CD, Saturn, etc.). Back in the day (when they were common and worth going to), I was a huge fan of visits to the arcade, but it wasn't until high school and Street Fighter 2 that I became really involved in that scene. I played in local tournaments and usually did well, typically in the top 10 (but never in the top 3).

As far as home gaming goes, I'm all over the place... but to name a few of my favs from the past off the top of my head: Phantasy Star (SMS), Bionic Commando (NES), Ys Book I & II (T16-CD), Gunstar Heroes (GEN), Ultima Exodus (NES), Ultima 6-7 (PC), Pool of Radience (PC - the old "gold box" edition, NOT the newer one), Lunar (any), Final Fight (Sega CD), Guerilla War (NES), Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC), Castlevania: SOTN (PS1)... you get the picture.

I am a bit of a collector, but I collect more for personal interest than strict value. For example, I like anything mint from Working Designs - so while some of it is worth something (e.g., sealed PS1 Lunar titles), others aren't (e.g. Vanguard Bandits strategy guides). Street Fighter hit my videogaming hobby like an atomic bomb, so anything related to it I find hard to resist. I'm also a huge fan of videogame-related import art books (and as a result, Animebooks.com has been "collecting" my money for some time now).

Anyway, that's the broad strokes. I'm happy to be here, and hope to meet more of you at the CGE2005 (missed it this year)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

My name is David, and I'm 20. I'm from Seattle, WA. Video games and comic books are my primary interests. I'm in college studying computer networking and working at Wal-Mart as a part-time electronics sales associate. I guess that's kind of like working in a game store...
    I've visited the site before, but did not sign up until after I visited the Classic Gaming Expo. I've been gaming since 1985. I'm mainly into stuff from the NES era and onward. Fighting and RPGs are my favorites. Lately, I've become more of a collector than a player. I haven't even played many of the games in my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is diana and i was at the last CGE! I had a blast and met a world of wonderful people, killed papa stu's baby (long story ), pissed my pants in the ocean (along with punk off girl and eternal tune), dropped a few monkey balls, escaped the death of the RV on a really windy road, caught a free college movie and a whole lot more! So, in general, i enjoy talking to strangers and experiencing the world with open eyes! I do have to say that i wont ever forget the great adventure i had---all you other people should try going to the CGEs in the future! I live with queen of the felines (but i only like men) and i like super nintendo.-------thats about it

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Sara...i am an 18 year old student in SC...so far i only have a gamecube and a gameboy advance...i love playing the zelda games though i have few...i hope to get more though i have also recently been playing the game Eternal Darkness which is a pretty cool game it you like getting the shit scared outta ya...lol...other than those and Mario, i dont have many games for the simple fact that i dont have a lot of dough...but that's life...

well, i guess i'll see everyone around the forums...ttyl :P
    Zelda...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey yall, Sean here from NC.
    i used to be much bigger on the gaming boards than i currently am, especially over at GameFAQs, but.. eh.
    thats what comes of being in college, i guess.
    less time posting, more time playing :P
    (no really, its more classes and HW than anything)

got plenty of the old systems, but mostly just the main ones.
    oh, and im an absolute RPG freak. it just cant be helped.
    why not?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Wedge4Life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hola...

Hi, I'm Len (Age 30), from Uncasville, CT. Rob (Aka Dire 51), my partner in crime at West Mansion showed me this place. I've never really considered myself a collector, just a gamer (I do however, have a goal to collect every Star Wars game ever made. I've been into gaming damn near all my life. It all started with the PONG console my parents bought. From there it went to the 2600, Intellivision, Atarti 800 computer, NES, Genesis, Super NES, 32X, Playstation, and N64. Sadly, all I have left is the NES, Super NES, and N64. I've also wanted to get into import games, but I've never had the spare cash or even known where to start.

Some of my favorite games are:
    Rogue Squadron (N64),
    Gradius III (SNES),
    Streets of Rage series,
    Splatterhouse series,
    Perfect Dark (N64),

- What you do in "real life"

Shiftless layabout...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,

I'm G.P., 32 years old, hailing from NYC but currently residing in scenic East Meadow NY. I came across DP around 1998 or so when I suddenly discovered that not only were there people selling all those great old games on Yahoo & Ebay, but in picking up the DP guide that there were other people as crazy as I am.

I've been a video game junkie for about as long as I can remember, going all the way back to that first dedicated Pong console dad brought home when I was about 5. I'll collect just about any video game system I come across, and as such while I don't have any complete collections (though I am getting close on the Odyssey 2 and the Atari 7800), I do have a pretty nice assortment of stuff from different systems. Unfortunately, I don't pick up as much stuff as I used to due to collecting becoming more popular (and causing a rise in prices) and less free cash as I get older.

If I had to pick my 2 biggest collecting blunders I'd have to say...

1.) All those ColecoVision games that I sold to a buddy in high school for $5 apiece so I'd have enough cash for a date. I've almost gotten them all again. At least i didn't sell Mr. Do's Castle!

2.) The fact that when I moved, I threw out all of my Genesis game boxes to save space. I still kick myself about this one on a regular basis - especially whenever I see "Room of Doom" photos of Genesis games all lined up. Must have been about 50 boxes...

What i do in real life isn't interesting at all, so I'm not going to bore anyone and I guess my claim to fame is having built a custom arcade cabinet from scratch about 5 and a half years ago. Right now my main hobby is fighting off the urge to build a cocktail cabinet to go with the first machine, upgrading the current machine so it's as unique as it was back in the old days before people started selling pre-build cabinet kits and trying to think of ways I could eventually turn arcade cabinet building into a job.

So there you have it - a big greeting to everyone and may Bira Bira watch over your hunts!
    Mostly Harmless

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heya everyone! I just found this board, and it looks like there are alot of people who visit here. I hope to make friends with all of you! I am 26 Years old, and I live in San Diego, CA. I have been playing games ever since my daddy to me a Nintendo at age 13! I really dont know what else to say, but if I think of something, Ill be sure to let you guys now!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone. I've been collecting classic video games since '97 but I've just now started checking out forums. I'm living in Wichita were my wife and I just bought a house so I finally have a real game room.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My real names Matt
    - Where you live
    I live in Tucson, Az
    - How you found the forums
    Tips & Tricks!
    - What your favorite games are
    Too many to name
    - What systems you collect for
    Gameboy, only. But I have decent collections of this gen and last gen systems/games
    - What you do in "real life"
    Full Time Student
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Uhh I got a game when I was 6 Super Mario Land for GB. Now, at 18, I have 70+ games for GB. I just recently decided to start trying to get a complete GB collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Philip M. Dispenza Jr.
    North NJ across from New York City
    Age 34
    Collecting video games since 1995. Before that I just played, played, and played.

I'm over 2000 games now in my collection if I can calculate correctly. One day I'll update Joe's list under my name.

Can't remember how I found this forum. Bought the last 4 DP Guides, though I would help contribute info. Probably found through a news group or by accidently searching the web.

My favorite games of all time are Dragon's Lair I and II, and the new 3-D, Front Line, Ghost and Goblins, and Elevator Action.

Love Time Pilot for the CV and also the original Mr Do. For the 2600, I'd have to go with Adventure, Raiders ot Lost Ark, and Haunted house.

Guess there's a lot more, with the Thief series by Eidos being my all time PC fav.

It's hard to say what I do in real life. Had a comic book/toy store, then ran my buddies, for a few years. Sell on Ebay for myself, and sometimes for others. I'm currently doing data entry for a temp agency, but am applying for a teaching position, or possibly trying to get back into the post office. I'm also organist in my church, trying to upgrade myself to a richer one.
    Visit my website for all the variations in existence.

[url]http://www.videogamevariations.com[/url]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all my name is Chronic...I found the boards after searching for Classic Video Games... The people here seem pretty cool, so I joined.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone my name is Peter and I live in southern CA. I learned about D.P. from E.G.M. magazine. I always read the forums and liked what I saw so I said what the hell and joined. Glad I did. I started collecting around 10 years ago.

My favorite games are-
    Ikaruga-Gamecube
    Castlevania SOTN-PS1
    Tysons Punch Out-NES
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2-Dreamcast
    Those are just a few.

Systems I own and collect for are-
    NES-SNES-N64-Gamecube-GB-GBC-GBA-Virtual boy
    SMS-Genisis-Sega CD-32X-Saturn-Dreamcast-Gamegear
    Atari 2600-Jaguar-Lynx-PS1-PS2-Xbox-TG16-Ngage
    NGPC-Game.Com-
    Take me to your game store.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Rob from Santa Cruz, California. I am a long timer lurker and a first time poster. I mainly collect for Saturn, Megadrive, PC Engine, Dreamcast, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo Pocket, Atari XEGS, and JAMMA. I don't really know how I got started collecting. The first thing I got was a Turbo Duo and it took off from there. My favorite games are Cotton, Lord of Thunder, Ys 1 & 2 for the PC Engine, Moon Patrol, for the XEGS and SNK vs Capcom for the Neo-Geo Pocket. I think I found the site a while back searching for Atari XEGS and JAMMA information. I am mainly into older stuff. I may play an RPG now and again for the PSX or PS2 though. I was one of the locals who showed up for CGE. You may have seen me hanging around the floor or the swap meet. Looking forward to being a regular poster.

Thanks.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey everyone,
    im charley watts, im from virginia
    i collect for pretty much everything, but i love sega saturn, nes, neogeo , and turbo duo.

my favorite games are the bubble bobble series, metal slug, bonk,dragon warrior, SNK fighters, and all shoot em ups.
    im really new to the forums, for a long time i would just read all the stuff that everyone else wrote, but never get my own account, but now that i did im really glad.
    im going to ecgx, so if anyone else wants to talk about trades send me an email!
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!