Page 44 of 164 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Pat. I live in Urbana-Champaign where I attend the University of Illinois during the school year, and Chicago during breaks. I found out about these forums from the DP Advance guide. I collect for SNES, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamecube mostly. I'm also super into music, mostly hardcore, indie, metal and the like.

Strawberry (Level 2) CartCollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is CartCollector and I am now registered to post here! I found Digital Press by looking on Amazon for a good classic game rarity guide. Since then, I have embarked on a collecting quest that left me knowing a lot more about gaming than ever before! AND a lot more games than ever before! You cannot have too many (good and/or rare) games! I am starting to sound like a Odyssey2 add!

Favorite games? Hmmm... Donkey Kong Countries 2 & 3 are great, though 2 is a bit hard at the start. I liked and finished Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Sunshine. I got started on Super Mario 64, but some directions are vauge. And of course, I like the one that started it all, Super Mario Bros. Currently I am hooked on the Time Crisis series, but mostly on Crisis Zone. Harder than the others (especially Challenge mode) but the bullet damage shown onscreen is BEAUTIFUL.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Hello everyone, my name is Ruben aka EseGamer.

- Where you live: I live in East Oakland, CA (USA)

- How you found the forums: The way I found these forums was that one day I was searching for pictures of people gaming collection & I just came across here.

- What your favorite games are: Some of my favorite games are GTA: San Andreas (Vice City & III), Need For Speed Underground 2, Star Wars (All Of Them), Tony Hawk 1-2-3-4, Sonic (All Of Them), Mario (All Of Them), Resident Evil 3, Dino Crisis & so many more.

- What systems you collect for: I started collecting for all systems, but I'm focusing on PSone more right now.

- What you do in "real life": I'm a student right now.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: Well I first started gaming when the nes first came out & continue gaming ever since. I admit that I never look at myself as a collector, just a person that love gaming & buys the latest systems & alot of gaming stuff just to impress myself & friends. But since I started coming here & seeing all the stuff these great collectors have, I was shock to see they are alot of good stuff they have & I don't, so I actually started collecting a few months ago & will continue until I can't no more. I just want to say thanks to the owner & members of these forums for the inspiration ya gave me to start collecting what I love to do. "Peace"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mud Turkey 13's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm Jeremy Slider, I'm 20, and I'm from West Virginia. I'm a college student at West Virginia University and I'm in the physical education teaching program here. I found out about the website when someone linked to it for the rarity guide, and then I just made my way to the boards. I collect NES games and I currently have 544 different carts. I started seriously collecting about two years ago, and since then my collection has gone from about 70 games to what it is now.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Atari Charles

Hi. My name is Charles, A.KA. Atari Charles. I am a whopping 34 years old. I was an ESL Teacher and English Tutor, but now I am a salesman dealing with gaming gear and Digital Cameras. I'm mostly into the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Vic-20, and NES. I hack Atari 2600 games in my spare time, have a huge interest is guitar pre-amplifiers(tube ones), and am interested in learning more about assembly language.

People either really like me or really hate me. I guess I have one of those kinds of personalities.

I have finished a hack of game called Cyplix, which I hope to sell online. There are a few contests going where you can win one of these carts.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sell Cyplix?

The epitome of evil lies not in what you do to your enemies, but the intensity and dedication you put into it.

This shirt's too tight, Billy!- Lex Luger's infamous NWA Cyberspace promo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Ok, My name is Ryan and I work at a car dealership( in service NOT in sales) I've been called the Mike Tice of service managers since I couldnt spend any money and I no longer have that job. I've been collecting games since 1995 when I picked up a toploader from Kaybee toys. Granted I had other systems, but i didnt consider it a collection. I then found my atari 5200 2 port in a box at my parents house and have been purchasing games/systems ever since. I'm 27 and have a fairly large collection of various systems and I'm working on collecting the games for them now.

Systems Owned: 12 Various Atari 2600's
    1 5200
    1 7800
    1 Atari 400, 800 and Atari XE
    1 Imagination Station APF1000
    1 Intellivision 1
    1 Colecovision
    3 NES, One toploader two toaster
    2 SNES
    5 Genesis 1 and 2, 2 sega cd both versions, 3 32x systems
    2 Dreamcast's
    2 PS2
    2 Sega Saturn's, US oval buttons, and Jap Version
    1 3DO
    1 TI/99
    1 Channel F
    3 Mattel Aquarius
    1 RCA Studio II
    2 Sega master systems
    1 XBOX and 1 Gamecube
    Various handheld systems as well, and two pinball machines

So like I said I have lots of systems, and are slowly collecting games as time and money allow. I also have to defeat a webblocker in order to look at this page at my work, so I would say I'm hooked.

I'm working on getting pictures of my collection posted, I just forget to do it when I get home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Cauterize; 07-19-2009 at 03:54 AM.

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

double post argh

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, what's up all?

The name's Jonathan; been lurking this place forever since a couple of my friends from another forum (http://www.hooligansofthenight.com) like to swing by here, but finally registered when my buddy Drexel923 convinced me (read: threatened my life with various razor-ish objects). :P

I'm 21, a full-time college student, a full-time wage slave @ a small company in Manhattan (I work there w/Drexel), and a Senior Editor at the small website http://www.gamenikki.com...good times.

I've been collecting games since well...forever. Like most little bastages from the early '80s, my first system was a Commodore 64.

...yeah, a C64. Badass little rig, that was. I still use the monitor as a game display. But yeah, I've been collecting since I was a little dude. Currently, I've got:

-1x C64
    -1x Intellivision (model 2)
    -1x Atari 2600 (model 1)
    -2x NES (model 1/frontloader)
    -1x SNES (model 1)
    -2x Genesis (Model 1 and Model 2)
    -1x Game Gear
    -2x Sega Saturn (Model 1 and Model 2)
    -1x Sega Nomad
    -1x Sega CD (model 2)
    -3x Sega Dreamcast (2x US, 1x Japanese w/out modem)
    -1x N64
    -1x GameCube
    -2x Xbox (one modded, one unmodded)
    -2x PS2 (one modded v4R/30001, one unmodded v10/50001)
    -1x Atari Lynx (model 2)
    -1x Atari Jaguar
    -1x GB Color
    -1x GBA
    -1x GBA SP
    -1x Nintendo DS
    -1x Neo Geo Pocket
    -1x Neo Geo Pocket Color
    -1x GameAxe Color (pirate Famicom portable)

And a bunch of other loose crap, accessories, and whathaveyou. Anyway, I'm interested in collecting for everything, I love video games, and I hope to stick around and incessantly spam my po....erm, be a quality user on this quality forum. Catch y'all later, likely in any topic featuring Mega Man or Street Fighter since those are my fandom weaknesses.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings

What's up everyone, My name is Richard I live in NY; found the forums through my co-worker Drexel923, Been playing and collecting videogames for all my life minus the first 4 years, My favorite game of all time is the Timeless SEGA classic Space Harrier, I'm not going to hide so I'll just say it.... I'm a huge SEGA fanboy, I'm into all things SEGA!! I collect for all SEGA Systems, I own all their consoles as well as the game gear and nomad (I own the three current consoles as well). I'm always looking to expand my SEGA empire, so if you have any SEGA stuff that your offloading, feel free to contact me.

Sega 4 Life
    Sega 4 Life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess this is where I say hello.

My name is Mark. I live in Akron, Ohio, in the US. (Actually, a suburb, but Akron is somewhat recognizable to people from the area.) I found the forums after hearing about (and ordering) the Rarity guides. I have both of those books now, and they're great.

My all-time favorite games are Star Ocean 2, Dr. Mario, Metal Slug X, Dig Dug, Saturn Bomberman, Radiant Silvergun, Final Fantasy 6 (3), Suikoden 2, and Mega Man 2/3.

In general, I tend to love RPGs and great shooters. Recent games I have gotten into are Morrowind, KOTOR 2, Prince of Persia (the new ones), and the Wind Waker.

I collect games for the NES, Gameboy, GBA, Saturn, Genesis, SNES, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, and to a lesser extent, Gamecube, Ps2, and XBOX.

Mostly, I play my MAME cabinet, which I just finished building last month. I recommend that everyone gets around to doing this someday. I have some great tips on how to get it done quickly. I did most of the work in 1 weekend.

In real life, I am a registered nurse in a CCU. I was married this summer and I am 24 years old.

My first game system was an Atari 2600, followed by an Apple 2/e, and finally a Nintendo. However, much of my young gaming took place on my friend's commodore 64, with his amazing huge boxes of cracked games.

Anyway, I came here in refuge from such terrible sites as Gamefaqs.com. Help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default intro

real name is Clint...im 26 and live in baltimore, MD...i love all gaming retro and new....it is my hobby...i am married and have a son who is 2... and another one on the way...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

My name is Paul and I'm from the UK. I'm 17 and I have the following consoles:

SNES
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Xbox
    PSone
    Dreamcast
    Saturn

I have only just started collecting (mainly N64) and have about 150 games at the moment.
    Xbox Live GamerTag: jpred88

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Mike. I'm from New Orleans, LA. My favorite NFL team is the New Orleans saints. I'm 18. my favorite games are halo 2 and tiger woods 2005. My favorite old game is NHL 96 and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

I have over 100 games. at least 30-40 of them are sports.
    Xbox live- MikeBoh8

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi Everyone

Hey everyone...

My name is Paul and I am from Mobile, AL.
    I work for the county government. (All I'm willing to say...sorry!)
    I found this site as a result of just trying to locate information on some of the older systems.

I currently collect for the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS One (to a small degree) and N64 (to a smaller degree.)

I like a little bit of everything when it comes to games. (Oddly enough one of my faves is Monopoly for the NES!) My girlfriend likes the Mario games, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon.

Well, I think that's it....hope to talk to y'all soon!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Brian Dick and I live in Lockport, NY just outside of Buffalo

I have been a collector of video games (and computers too) for years now and I still have many of the games I grew up playing including my 2600 Sunnyvale Woody in the box and my Colecovision w/the Adam expansion module.

I don't really limit my collection to a specific system(s), I collect what ever I can get my hands on in the "Wild". Here's a link to my listing of systems:

http://www.old-computers.com/club/co...les.asp?c=3909

In real life I work for a bank and do computer programming on a number of systems and I am married with three young boys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name's Mike. I'm from Calgary, Alberta. Formerly registered as the_wizard_666, but after changing my email address, I never got my verification email. Figured instead of going through the process of finding out who to talk to and trying to figure it out, I'd just open a new account. So whoever's in charge, feel free to dump the old account...I'll just run with this one, unless it's against some forum rule or something. Anyway, I digress.

Although I collect games for many systems (lost count around 15 or so and don't feel like doing an accurate count...probably 18 systems owned, games for 20...something like that), my first love is my NES. I've only been actively collecting for 3 or 4 years, but in that time I've amassed a small but respectable collection of NES games (168 unique titles at last count, with over half at least partially complete and 1/3 or so complete) with some of the highlights being a boxed Big Nose Freaks Out and a complete Uncharted Waters.

Anyway, I'm rambling now...I'll just finish off that since I'm trying to focus on the NES, I'm perfectly willing to trade from my other collections for anything I need.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Jason and I'm a student living in Chicago. Lately I've been collecting for Sega systems, especially the Saturn. I came across this site while searching for a good video game forum. Looks like I found one!

I mostly play rpgs and shoot 'em ups. My favorite games are from raizing and falcom.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    aksahsalahs
    PSN
    aksahsalahs

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, my name is Chris and I live somewhere south of Orlando, FL. Found the forums a few months ago and lurked for a long time, finally deciding to register. My favorite game(s) is just about everything under the sun, But I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear series. Most of my collection is from the PSX and onward era, but I generally collect for whatever looks cool. I also have a nice strategy guide collection too.

My actual job is working for one the local Gamestop's. Nothing better than talking about games all day long, Right?