Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i've been bouncing around the boards for a while ... guess it's about time to introduce myself.

- Who you are
    My name us Dustin and I am a gamer/collector, yup imagine that.

- Where you live
    I currently reside in the great state of tennessee. In my hometown there is a gas station, a grocery store, a post office, and a welcome center. If there are any other gamers in the TN, KY area give me a holler.

- How you found the forums
    I was searching on the net for lists of games for systems after I read an article in EFM about places to look for cheap games and i noticed this site in the mag. I checked it out and I liked what I saw

- What your favorite games are
    As of right now If I where going arcade it would Be Ms. Pac-man, Double Dragon, and Mat-Mania. Console I have to say Contra, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Brigandine and Suikoden.

- What systems you collect for
    I collect for every system. I used to think I had a decent sized collection until I got here. Then I felt like crying for mommy.

- What you do in "real life"
    At this time I am attending college for a degree in game design. I've always wanted to design games. Anybody that can offer any advice on the subject let me know.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've always been a big gamer. I got into collecting because I wanted to play games. I figured it would make me a better designer to play as many games as I can and learn from them. It also gives me a good excuse to pawn all my game purchases off as research whenever I catch flack over it.
    Formerly letsallgameon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

HI.

My Name is Matt Du De Voire. I live in new holstein, WI about 20 miles away from Sheboygan. used to live in random lake, then moved to germantown.

I Heard about this site probably from Tips n tricks.... to tell the truth I cant remember anymore. :/

I Have many consoles in my collection, but I enjoy collecting NES and SNES.
    I truthfully like genesis, but thoughts of nintendo dance in my dreams as of late.

I loved genesis in my grade school days. So much that I put a "Sega Power"
    patch on my soccer uniform. But the clincher on this is I didnt own a sega until a few years later! What i used to do was rent a Genesis system at the local video store called "video city". it came with 1 game and costed
    SIX DOLLARS! And I could only rent it for a day!

I have many favorite games like the sonic genesis games and mega man NES games and the Zelda games, but It all depends.

Here's to Many happy gaming conversations!

Also If anybody can tell me how to help out for the Midwest gaming expo, I'd appreciate it. I would probably like to help out with things like promoting or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- My Name's Jonathon Lowe
    I live In Regina Saskatchewan Canada
    I found the forums one day when searching on ign i believe and found this site, Right away I booked marked it and love the site.

I love Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III but also the entire series, Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Diablo 2, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3 Super Mario Brothers 3.

I am right now starting to collect for the Super Nintendo and Dreamcast, barely started for either
    Eventually want to start collecting for both the playstation and the playstation 2 as well as the NES

Im a computer Desktop Support at the moment and hoping to get something permanent soon enough.

I love to play games, read, hang out on the computer, chat, Watch Movies
    Hang out with Friends, Travel.

Thanks
    Jonathon

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anders Carlsson here. I was born in 1975 and live since then in Västerås, Sweden (a 120,000 city about 100 km west of Stockholm, if that makes more sense to you).

I knew of Digital Press since many years ago, but never thought it had a forum. Also, I am already on so many forums that I shouldn't really join one more.. anyway, I found this forum through browsing Big Boards listing of the really big forums around the world. So much for not looking for more forums to join.

Favourite games.. thankfully I posted that on another forum a while ago, so I can recapitulate some of it: M.U.L.E., Premier Manager 1, Speedball II, Lotus III, Great Giana Sisters, Metagalalctic Llamas, Jelly Monsters, Tetris, Nethack, Freecell (Windows card game). From that and my posts so far you can make out I'm coming from the VIC-20/C64/Amiga direction.

I don't really collect, more use and try to develop new stuff, mainly on the VIC-20. If I had the money, space and connections I may collect more. Over here gaming stuff is rarely seen on flea markets, second hand shops, auctions etc. Maybe something on the Internet auction market, but so far I'm a newbie on buying things on the net and particulary shipping. Thus I don't even have an eBay account (but get the hoax warnings through email about my account all the time).

In real life, I am a web developer. Not web designer, I'm not good with images, colours, user interfaces and stuff. I work with a small travel community which strives to get bigger over time.

On my spare time, I play the alto saxophone in a symphonic wind orchestra in my town (we've become Swedish champions thrice on four attempts!). I also maintain our website of course.
    Anders Carlsson

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I'm fairly new and like fighting games. I live in Saint Paul Minnesota. I just got done law school. I have 3 TV'S in my room. I have a Neo Geo AES that I run and have the image coming out on all 3 TV'S with a 4 way Distribution Amplifier. I also have a lot of the home systems along with 2 cabs and 3 superguns. I have 2 MVS boards (a 2 slot and 4 slot) and a Hyper 64 board and a number of other PCB'S

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, i enw to these forums, i enjoy playing MMORPG and RTS games .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh another into topic. Just wandered into the forums for the first time actually.

Who am I: Full name is Jake Baldwin. 19 years old, live in England.
    Finished school, not bothered with the whole college thing yet, may do someday, but for now I'm just earning some cash to feed my purchasing.

Interests: In terms of gaming, my main intersts are Sega-related gaming, RPG's and anime-related gaming. The kinda guy who'd buy all those anime games on the Saturn that are probably not actually any good.
    I also have a slight interest in backup units and modchips, but I just like to tinker with them, fun stuff.

I'm sure you can gather from the above that I am also into anime. I suppose I'm really into all Japan-orientated gaming, from Sony to NEC... just sway to Sega. Huge Saturn fan, bit of a SegaCD and 32X lover too.

Myself: Myself on a personal level... very quiet person, but not shy. I say something when I feel something has to be said. I am male, but I get mistaken for a female all the time at work, mainly because of my long-ish black hair and pale skin (yeah, sound like a typical goth don't I - unintended).

Game Collecting Habbits: I kinda said all this above really, but nevertheless... Sega stuff, RPG stuff, anime stuff... most Japanese-gaming stuff in fact. Generally not wester games, but there are exceptions.

Generally, I tend to buy Saturn or SegaCD/32X games. Affordable, easy to collect. Will likely expand to PCE at some point.

I've bored you all enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Name:Andrew
    Interest:VideoGames,Anime,CB Radio,Fishing,Collecting DVDS.
    Found out:I herd about it through, Insaneclown thought i join for fun since the vibe here is about classic video games etc.
    Favorite games:Just about any thing Shooters,Rpgs,Fighters,Action Platformers,puzzle games and sports long as it's arcade style ones.

Do in real life:Not much due to "health problems" working on it though.
    Other interesting facts:I been playing video games since pac-man was in the arcades.As for my current collection of console here's a list.
    PCE CoreGrafix and a Turbo Duo R
    NeoGeo/MVS consolized 4 slot
    Sega Saturn
    Dreamcast
    GameCube/With GB player
    PS1
    PS2
    SMS

Insert Coin (Level 0) Master Chu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiya ppl !!!

Master Chu here...

NES-obsessed since 1988...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep another Newb to the forums.

First off I'm 20 years old and I live in northern California wich provided easy access to cge2k4 where i first heard of digital press from my freind who bought the collectors guide. only a few weeks ago did i really look and behold its awesomeness.

as for how i started collecting it wasn't so much a concious decision as much as it is that i have a problem getting rid of things even if i don't use them.

man i sound boring. oh well. collecting is hard at the moment as i'm low on the cash side (thank you college)

the systems i actually own are:
    GBA
    Gamecube
    playstation
    playstation 2
    Xbox
    Dreamcast
    Genesis
    Sega cd
    Neo Geo pocket color
    NES
    SNES
    Saturn

oh well here's my ign list (although i do hope i shall be making my list here soon) http://users.ign.com/collection/stimmyjimmel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all. I trust you are well! My name is Paul and I hail from Edinburgh in the UK. I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks and it seems like you have all got a great community going on here so I feel it's about time to register. Can't remeber how I arrived here, probably through a google search for collecting video games or a link somewhere.

I've been gaming for 20+ years but I've really only just started collecting 'properly' as before I would buy a lot for my current gen systems but not a lot of retro stuff. I now mainly collect for Dreamcast (Jap imports being a favourite) and Megadrive, although I will pick up most things of interest regardless of the system, beat 'em ups and scrolling shooters being my favourites. Hey, I even just purchased my first display cabinet, a 7 foot high Ikea monster!

In my real life i'm a 28 year old, just married to my wife Fiona, study a programming course at college and work in a cheesemongers (I love eating!) I DJ a bit, produce a bit of music on cubase etc and make probably too many Gundam models. I also enjoy going out clubing and having some mad times with my friends....

Oh, and I can't believe out of 5000+ registered users on a video game forum, no one had taken the name special move! Good news for me as I use it everwhere I can.

Take care, Paul.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all- I am a guy that loves his old 80s Atari games basically and the first NES's too.

Don't care much for the Text based games and the multi camera angled games- give me ADVENTURE andCombat and Mario- and Q-bert and such and I'll be happy!
    Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In real life everyone calls me Joe, I'm a 28yr old male and I've been enjoying video games for over 20yrs. It started when I was about 6 or 7 with my older brother's Vic 20 and Commodore 64. A few years later I got my own NES, for many years I was a Nintendo man until I met the Sega Saturn. The majority of my collection is listed here. My friend Josh Nickerson introduced me to the website and suggested that I should join the forum as well. I'm looking foreward to hanging out and posting.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there! I'm Mark from retrogaming website www.redkeyreddoor.com : I hail from the UK, so my gaming experience started with the cuddly little ZX Spectrum, and then it's a twenty-year haze of games from NES, Amiga, PC, SNES, Game Boy, Megadrive, N64, PlayStation, PS2, Xbox and more. Tough to pick a favourite game, but I must have lost more of my life to Rainbow Islands than any other game - the high-score that I racked up on the Amiga version was so ridiculously large (for the time!), the magazine I sent it to assumed I'd made it up. Damn them!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Nathan I'm 19 and from the UK

First Console I owned was the Sega Megadrive which I got in 1993,
    It was at a furinature store called homeworld, when I came across Sonic 1 playing on the display model and soon enough thats where It started.

Also I would go down my reletives and play on the Snes and SMS.

I had a PS, N64,

Currently have a gamecube which is a comeplete dissapointment as was the N64 in my eyes

Dreamcast is the only next gen console I've loved and Im fond of.

Currently in the EMU Scene for Imports, J releases,Arcade Memiories and some systems I never had the experience to play or own back in the day.

Mostly the Turbo, Sega CD etc

Strawberry (Level 2) AdamAnt316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

My name is Adam, and I've been at this for a while now. My interests mostly have to do with 8-bit systems, although I have do have some of the later stuff. I currently have around 10 consoles, ranging from a Super Pong Ten to a Sega Saturn. I also collect obsolete computers, old tube radios, tube amplifiers, rotary phones, and too many other things to list. My favorite video game system is the Atari 7800, which I had to build a replacement power supply for (made my first power connector for it from brass contacts and electrical tape, though my current connector is much more stable).
    -Adam

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello...this is my 1st post here...LoL( ) I've been browsing for a long time and just noticed that I have never posted until now!

Anyhow...My name is Tom,

I live on Long Island, NY....I grew up in Valley Stream and now live in Suffolk County. I am a collector of the 2600, the picture below is actually what got me started. I have been collecting for almost a year now and currently need only "1" cart from that picture to complete it! (CBG)

Nice to have finally posted, I'll be hanging around! -Tom

http://www.atarihq.com/museum/2678/holygr.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hello. I'd rather keep my identity kept private, If you don't mind. I live on Northeastern coast USA, And i collect for every game system i can. Atari, Sega, Nintnedo.. You name it. I collect it all. I started collecting in October 2003.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, my handle is "merman" and my real name is Andrew Fisher.

I'm a writer for the UK magazine RETRO GAMER - www.retrogamer.net - as well as being a Commodore 64 enthusiast. In fact I still program, write music and publish a diskmag for the C64 - www.sceneworld.c64.org

Look forward to spending some quality retro time here; I've just got back from RETROVISION 5 here in the UK - www.retrovision.org.uk - where I had a lot of fun.

Positive vibes
    Merman
    Press play on tape
    Ready
    RUN

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Nice to meet you all

My handle is DarkVegetto and I am 31 years old and have been collecting video games ever since I first got an Atari 2600 back in the day. I only collect complete systems/games, and I have quite an extensive collection dating back 20 years or more, although I've gotta say some of the "Rooms 'o Doom" I've seen on here are jaw-dropping to say the least Great website you guys have, I check it out a lot at work (I'm a software engineer with degrees in Computer Science and Mathematics). Everyone seems really friendly here and I'm so glad I found this place it rocks!!!