Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiya.Good to be here on the forums. Lesse, I'm a native Texan who just recently moved to Florida. My favorite console of all time is the SNES, so my interest is always piqued just a little more when it comes to SNES games. I am open-minded though, and I'm always looking at many different consoles, like Playstation, NES, Genesis, PS2... I've even been considering getting a Nuon.

Anyway, yup.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, Blues here. anyone like Vectorman? Toasty!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hullo. My names Chris. I'm 16 and live in the UK. I;ve been gaming for about 8 years, but didn't really see the point of keeping the boxes of games back then (wish I had though...). I found this place when I was looking for some pictures of a boxed SNES, and was blown away when I found the pictures of collectors rooms... I had no idea people collected games to such an extent! I'm not really a "hardcore" collector, as I don't really have enough money (or storage space in my room, for that matter) to buy loads of games. I've started a little Zelda collection, which might lead into others when I get a stable amount of income.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

Just wanted to say (for those of use who are not ashamed) I have shed loads of games, more than I can play and still I want more. There is always a japanese oddball shooter that misses the popular press' radar.

Being a kid is cool. Being an adult with money and the mind of a kid is cooler. Like an Atari-sponsored version of the Tom Hanks film "big".

1000+ games and counting (well trying to when I get a minute).

Most prized posession...... Ikaruga (dreamcast) because somebody long and hard enough to buy it me from ebay.

Favourite game (so far).... Super Mario 64. It never ages (give it a go).

Most wanted item..... Resident Evil 4 (gamespot video review made my hair stand up)

Mark

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Paul, I'm 29 and I live in the South West of England. I was directed to this forum partly by my love of all things electronic, my fondness of video games,of both new and retro variety, and most of all from an American friend on another forum, who posts on here.

I sometimes collect games for the PC, but mostly for my PS2. My current favourites are GTA San Andreas and Manhunt. I started collecting about three years ago after playing the first GTA3 game on the PS2 at a friends house. I was impressed by the gameplay, and went out the next day to get myself a PS2.

My first games console was an Atari "Grandstand", endorsed by the permed-haired England football legend, Kevin Keegan. This was about 1982, and I satill have it in mint condition and boxed. I am unfortunately missing the manual. Along the road I have also had a Nintendo Gameboy, Nintendo 8-bit and the SuperNintendo 16-bit consoles and a PS1.

I look forward to joining in lively discussions with you all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,my name's Matthieu, I'm 20 and I live in Quebec, Canada. My native language is french. I found the place when I was looking for a good rarity guide on the web. I bookmarked it and forgot about it until recently. I grew up with the nes and snes so they are my main focus in collection. I don't have much cash and there is a lack of good fleamarket here so I collect when I can, which is not enough for me, hehe. I currently own a GameCube for my current gen console I also have a Dreamcast. I guess I can be called a Nintendo fanboy, but I Like games which ever platform it's on. My best game ever is Chrono Trigger. Well I think I've said enough. Thanks for reading my first post

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Hello Everybody!

i live in NYC, am a college student and have been an avid collector for almost a year. unfortunately my funds are low so my library is skim (only around 150 games).

my main intrests are the 8bit and 16bit era games as well as playstation 1 titles.

hope to become friends with everyone here, see ya around!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I should probably sign the guestbook here, now, considering I've been stumbling around this party for a little while and missed this book at the front door...
    My name is Mike, I was 8 when we got the Atari 2600 the first christmas it came out. I've been a vidiot ever since- I've been collecting more seriously since 92. My main interest is everything NINTENDO- but I also have a love for the little blue hedgehog. Anything videogame interests me.
    I found the site when a friend ("videogame collector" on the first page of the original game rooms page) directed me here. I been lurking around ever since.
    I reside in the "Great White North" eh. In my mind it is "the mushroom kingdom" where Mario music plays ALL the time.
    I am involved in the videogame industry- some of my customers refer to me as their "dealer"..... like videogames are addictive... well they're not illegal!
    That is my hobby work- I also have a regular 8-5 job that really puts a damper on my game play time. Damn work!
    I have my collection pics posted and my collection on record here- please feel free to PM me with any questions!!
    See you around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel a short introduction is in order.

I'm 27, been a gamer since Game & Watch days, moved on to the VIC20, C64, Amiga and at the same time I played a hell of a lot of NES at a friend's house. During those NES days my love for Nintendo was established and it's been a life-long love affair, although with age my fanatism has mellowed out somewhat. Anything japanese and good is on top of my list nowadays.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Hello, gamers. I'm 26, living in Wash state. I own a PS2, multiple NES's, Dreamcast, DS and a 2600. Off the top of my head Id say I own about 80 games. My collection isn't very large but I enjoy it like crazy. This is an awesome site and I'm glad to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello there, folks. I'm Endiga.

I'm 19, and I live in Alabama. Actually came across Digitpress either through searching for 'rarity lists' or 'game collections', and I've been stuck on the forums since! Although I adored arcade games as a young lad and wanted an NES more than anything, my gaming days actually began on Christmas 1993 with a Genesis and a copy of Sonic 2.

Since then, I've been both a Sega fanboy and a Sonic fanboy, and I still like to collect the Sonic games to this day, no matter how crappy they might be. I also have a passing admiration for SHMUPs, a fondness for Treasure titles (be it Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, or Guardian Heroes), and a fine love for horror games. Silent Hill remains my favorite horror series of all time, but I also have a fine love for Clock Tower, the original Alone in the Dark, the original Resident Evil, and Siren.

As I've stated, I started out as a Sega fanboy, so I like to pick up games for the Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast (and, eventually, Game Gear). I do pick up PS/PS2 titles every now and then, as there are solid titles on the Sony consoles.

There are other notes, such as how I amassed 60 PC games or so before diving back into console gaming after a long break, or how I do crappy jobs for a living, but I believe that will do for now. Good to meet all of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, my actual name is Kieran. I’m 19 and live in the United Kingdom. I suppose I got into retro gaming over three years ago, but before that I had my brother Megadrive (my first console), but about 2 years ago I became a big fan of Sonic the hedgehog and focused on collecting him instead. I was never that much good at games but I loved to collect them, but I found that Sonic was a game I could master, and for some reason the mere fact it’s a Sonic game I’m playing persuades me to perceiver, whereas in another game I would just quit.

Anyway I’ve always keep my interest in retro gaming, but for me it’s not so much the games that interested me, but the atmosphere: design perceptions, marketing etc, of the individual gaming eras. I come here because I want to give my Sonic obsession a rest (I have over 63 Sonic games) and learn more about the individual systems.

I prefer collecting the gaming systems, it’s excitable owning a new system, at leased I know there’s no way I can fail by having one, like I normally would in a game. I don’t have a large collection of consoles, but I think it’s enough. The majority of the consoles I chose too buy is dictated by what Sonic games are available, that’s why most are SEGA consoles.

Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Player
    SEGA Saturn
    Dreamcast
    Gamegear
    Neo Geo Pocket Colour
    SEGA Multi-Mega
    SEGA 32X
    Master System converter mark 1

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there!

My name is Ellisa, I'm 25 and I live in Illinois about an hour north of Chicago. This is my first forum post here but I have been hanging out in the IRC channel for awhile now.

I grew up on a large dose of C64 / Amiga / NES / SNES.. you name it ^_^
    my collection isn't that big really, but I am working on it. I also like building PC's.. lan parties.. anime
    Now bursting with fruit flavor!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I guess I'm the newest n00b as of right now.

My name's Bill, I'm 33, married, two kids, and started gaming over 25 years ago when my parents bought my first Atari ( a Heavy Sixer, I have learned).

The systems I currently have hooked up are Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2, N64, Dreamcast, and a Jaguar w/CD. I also keep a Virtual Boy accessible. My relatively recent collecting focus has been the Jag and the VB, as it's relatively easy (if not terribly inexpensive) to build complete collections.

For the poster above, I'm also in northern Illinois (Zion).

Here is my current setup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ocar/setup.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Tony, currently living in Canada. I am a university student studying computing science. I think I found the forums through Google, but I'm not quite sure anymore.

I buy games for the Dreamcast and the PS2, but I only own a DC. I steal my GF's PS2 to play my PS2 games

I've been playing games ever since I got my 486DX2/66 way back when. I've been primarily a PC gamer until April 2004 when I bought my Japanese Dreamcast to play Shenmue and Virtual On. I had just finished buying all seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation on DVD and I thought that the DC would be just a small, one-time investment that I could afford even after such a large purchase.

I was very wrong -- after seeing some DC games going for so little money I started reading reviews, which brought my attention to more and more games, old and new, for all the consoles I've missed out on. I started buying and now it seems that there's always something else I want to get!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm Eric, i'm 13,i live here in vermont with my Xbox, My gamecube, My Dreamcast, My PSX, my N64, my SNES, My genny, My Game gear, my game boy color, my GBA SP, and my NGPC. oh yeah my mom and dad, and my dog. also i think there are a couple other people here in VT... i never really decided to start collecting till just recently, but i already had a good sized collecton because i was always a gamer since i got my genny for christmas (i think i was like 7), and i've always had at least one stae of the art system, but i never got rid of my old ones. thus, i still have my Genny 3. i also go by TheBoogieMan, BoogeyMan, Nuurahk, Jet91, NuclearHedgehog, painlord234, Nuhvok2000,

my avatar is such because i love mountain dew, and homestar rocks.

my favorite games, in no particular order:

Metal slug series
    Halo 2 (even though i suck at it)
    Super mario bros.
    Quake 3 arena/Team arena
    Warcraft 3
    Metroid prime
    Armored core 2

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Jamie I’m 25 and I’m an abused ISP agent of doom, no hoper; I face the hoards of stupid everyday on the brink of financial and psychological ruin it’s just a matter of time before I lose it and go postal on everyone, overworked, underpaid the story of my life.

I like tacos, hamster shavings and long walks to the arcade. Instead of going home and beating up my imaginary wife and childrens I like to go home and game on, it makes me feel good.

My favorite games at the moment are:

Donkey Kong Country 2
    Super Double Dragon
    Double Dragon 2
    Sonic 2
    GTA VC
    Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
    House of the Dead 3
    Go, go Ackman 3
    King of Fighters 2002
    Half Life
    Farcry
    Tekken 3
    Etc etc etc
    Go, go Ackman!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all...

Lqd dropping in! I am in love with retro games, all those fancy graphics and no gameplay don't do it for me, hit me with a game of space invaders and I am settled for hours. In order to forfull my gaming needs I made a site out of it, play games earn cash, play more games....Love it.. You can drop by too, it's noted in my profile! For now I am going to do some reading around here, just got here, need to catch up..

Game on.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dj Glitch's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dj Clayface
    PSN
    Dj-Clayface

Hallo mein.... My name is Dj Glitch aka Dj Clayface and i'm 19. I play anything old and new but mostly old. I like Collecting, Anime, Rammstein, Techno, Drawing, Walking, Cosplaying, Milk and Going to the Arcade. I guess thats it.

Videospiels Fur Immer!
    L+ R+ Z, Up+ Down-C, Up-C+ Down, Left+ Left-C, Right-C+ Right, A+ B+ Start.
    Noe "Dj Clayface" -shoryuken.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Brian and I'm hobby addict. (all other members): Hi, Brian!

It seems like I've had billions of hobbies in my life but this is the one I keep coming back to that holds my attention.

I live in the isolated city of Wichita in the most laughable state of the union Kansas .

I am currently in the process of collecting all rare NES games (gool\d luck, right.) This particular addiction probably stems from my childhood. I asked my parents to buy me a NES when it first came out. Five frickin years later when SNES was about to debut I got a crappy outdated NES and one crappy game. My video game talents were never nurtured by my parents who claimed I needed to focus on more important things like math and science.

Anyway, hope I can figure out some of the more advanced features here. Thanks to everyone for yor warm welcome, so warm that I have to ask - do you wanna make out?

Mario couldn't afford his malpractice insurance anymore. So, now I'll be throwing multi colored pills at you and overseeing your liver transplant.

Currently playing Metal Gear for NES.