Page 49 of 164 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, I'm Shep, a 19yr old classic-modern gamer with a love for Atari and Virtual Boy. I live in Lincoln IL., and attend Lincoln Christian College. I found these forums along with Atariage about three-four years ago and have been an avid poster on Atariage, and finally decided to join this one too. Of course it is far too hard to narrow down favorite games but some are, Bubble Bobble, FF II (US), Dig Dug, and Zelda Wind Waker. I don't collect for any console, I buy games to play them. That's it. I don't keep games in their original packaging, I rip 'em open and play them as they were made to be. In "real life" I work at a small town grocery store when I come home from college.

Interesting fact: I get enjoyment out of simple things such as, Lime Jello, POTATOES, and penguins!
    -Shep
    Romans 3:23

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Allen. I'm studying philosophy in NYC. I only buy games that I want to play. I've been focusing on NES, TG-16, Genesis, and Dreamcast. My favorite games are Xenogears and uh, Mars Matrix?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I am newly registered to these forums, but I am a long time visitor to the site.

I mostly only collect games that are of a specific interest to me, however I am working on my very first complete collection right now; 32X.

I found this site because I do work for another site where we are trying to archive all video games with box shots release dates for all consoles and PC. Members can create a virtual archive of the titles that they own which we have in our data base. It's a hard project, but fun to pass the time with.

I've found the Ditital Press guides to be a great tool as a checklist. The information provide by this website is a great asset.

Thanks Digital Press.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Johnny boy

I am 33 started collecting about 5 year ago (started playing atari). I always sold my older sytem to buy the newer one.Then I sold my super nes and games for $50 to get the 64.Well I sold kirbys avalanche my wifes favorite game the only video game she liked.

So after some "why did you sell the only game I liked"and " will there be a kirbys avalanche 64" I started looking for another copy(in the wild).no luck

Then I checked the net found DP and WOW all the games I had forgot about.aero biz ff mario zelda (I was bit of a nin fanboy) so I started hunting.

Garage sales hooked me , one of the first sat mornings following the "sale" sings I found it paydirt,big time,the one,YESssss....kirby and more,surper nes,aero biz.....five years later every sat morning .

I now collect for the xbox mainly(197) trying to guess what will be rare before its rare .I want the whole collection (ntsc).

I could go on but most gamers have a sort of A.D.D. and wont read it anyway .

So good bye for now.

P.S. any xbox fanboys out there let me know

P.S.S. my best find in the wild Spectravideo Bumper Bash for $1 anyone knowwhat it is worth?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone!

I'm Syd, I'm 20 and I'm in Canada. My favourite systems are the SNES and NES, in that order, and I only started collectiong stuff recently. I came across this place while searching for a complete list of SNES games on google. I'm currently completing a degree in Computer Engineering, and right now I'm on a work term. Now that I actually have money I figured I should start collecting some stuff! See you around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI! I'm Ktulu and I can't belive I haven't seen this site before?!?!
    I must say it's great and full of excellent texts and topics. I'm from Serbia and probably one of a few pepole born in 1985 and still remembering ZX Spectrum, playin Nodes Of Yesod (tho I was a baby at the time ) and the the C64, the best computer EVER!
    I'm sort of a rom and anime collector, I don't know how much anime is known and loved here but reagarding console players, I guess many know what I'm talking about. What else... well, I'm into 80's and electronic music, cyberpunk, Lovecraftian horror and Cthulhu mythos (hence the nickname), like to draw and whoknowswhatelse. Well, not to be too dull and boring, glad to be here and I hope that I won't be too teased and flamed by the ops and mods here . Thanx
    That is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie,
    And With Strange Aeons, Even Death May Die.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi im harbl and i like games very much.

Take care, chat with you later. ^^

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RazorElite here, forgot to introduce myself earlier, so here it is!

I have been lurking around here for quite a while, and just a while ago I decided to finally become a member of the Retrogaming Roundtable.

Well, I hope to have some fun here, this seems like an awesome forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!

My nick name is Cless. I´m 25 years old. I´m from Mexico and like all of you I love videogames. I play retro and modern games. But I thing that the best games are the retro ones. My favorites games are: Soul Calibur, Sonic games, Mega Man (Classic series), OutRun, Super Metroid, Yarns Revenge and many more. How I found this place? Well I just saw the link at: http://www.videogamecritic.net/

Thank you.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Legov8. I found this site while I was looking for a raity guide, and I came across this very nice one. I collect for the: Nintendo 64, Game Cube, and the Game Boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello!

Hi All!

I am an early-30s dude who has been into gaming since my parents bought me a Sears VCS in '79 or so. I'm more of a gamer than a pure collector, but I love all good and fun games, retro or new. I was weaned on 2600 Activision games, grew up with Commodore at my side (Ultima IV my fave), and now play GameCube and PS2. Also recently got into the pit that is Saturn Imports

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm Henry the Eight I am...

Hello, I'm Rob of the Sky, but I guessed you could've figured that out. I'm 19 years old and an engineering major at Mercer University in Macon, GA. I am a big fan of Nintendo games and systems, and that's what I mostly collect. Can't remember how I discovered this site, but I'm glad I did. Okay, that's all I have right now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm new. My name is Mario and I'm a big fan of Panzer Dragoon and The Legend of Zelda. I've posted reviews to games in a couple places before, but I now have my own website where I can post my own thoughts my own way. It's small but growing. Right now I need traffic. Anybody want to see?

http://pmcollectorboy.tripod.com/id12.html

*end shameless plug mode*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is €ÜRØ but I live in Montréal, Québec, Canada. I love all things gaming specifically anything NES and up. I have been a fan of this site for some time but only decided to join today. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Mark S. Hinds. I'm 46 years old. My birthday is March 24th, the day the PSP goes on sale. I told my wife (Danaleigh) that this was a sign that fate is trying to tell us something. Like, "buy hubby a PSP for his birthday". I don't think she fell for this. I might wind up having to buy my own.

I live in Jacksonville, FL, USA. Being a former Army Brat I have lived in more states that I can count, plus France and Germany. But, J-Town has been my home since 1978.

My first console? A Coleco Telestar I got for Christmas. I then bought an Atari VCS (2600) in 1979. I didn't buy many games for it at the time, as none of them lived up to the box art. I did play NIGHT DRIVER quite alot though.

I then went a few years without playing Video Games. Then came 1987 (or late '86). My brother had bought an NES, and was showing it off. I then made a mad-dash to Toys 'R Us, cash-in-hand, to buy and NES. I came home with an SMS instead. I never regreted it! My SMS was, and still is, much loved and appreciated. About 6 months later I bought an NES, mainly because SMS software was rather limited. I have since been filling the gaps of my SMS collection, plus buying alot of non-U.S. SMS games.

Since then I have only bought 4 platforms while they were the current state-of-the-art. A Genesis. A Dreamcast (on launch day). A GameCube with the Game Boy Player add-on. And a Game Boy Advance SP. Everything else I added after it had died. 3DO. 32X. Atari 7800. Saturn. Jaguar. Commodore 64. SNES. Intellivision. PlayStation.

I came across Digital Press while surfing the web, and have been here ever since. While I have visited dozens of other classic gaming sites, I call Digital Press my (gaming) home. Lots of nice people here.

Mark S. Hinds
    U.S.A.
    "We've come for your daughter Chuck"

-Beetlejuice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cessnaace
    My name is Mark S. Hinds. I'm 46 years old. My birthday is March 24th, the day the PSP goes on sale. I told my wife (Danaleigh) that this was a sign that fate is trying to tell us something. Like, "buy hubby a PSP for his brithday". I don't think she fell for this. I might wind up having to buy my own.
    Let me know if that ends up working for you. CGE falls on my birthday this year!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    Quote Originally Posted by cessnaace
    My name is Mark S. Hinds. I'm 46 years old. My birthday is March 24th, the day the PSP goes on sale. I told my wife (Danaleigh) that this was a sign that fate is trying to tell us something. Like, "buy hubby a PSP for his brithday". I don't think she fell for this. I might wind up having to buy my own.
    Let me know if that ends up working for you. CGE falls on my birthday this year!
    Ok, but I have a hunch I won't see a PSP on 3/24. My wife is the fiscally responsible one.

Mark S. Hinds
    U.S.A.
    "We've come for your daughter Chuck"

-Beetlejuice

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't introduced myself yet so figure that I might as well right now.

Name: Dustin Schuler
    Collecting Interests: Ps2 (largest collection with just over 260 games), NES, Dreamcast, SNES
    How I got into gaming/collecting: My parents bought me an Atari 2600 for my first christmas (I was only 5 months at the time), and I've been gaming on since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

I'm 25 and currently living in Salt Lake City, UT.

I've always loved video/computer games, and wanted to head to the arcade every chance I get (I still do, though usually the Ms. Pac Man/Galaga machine is the only one that holds my interest). When I discovered MAME in college, I was in heaven, playing all those classic games I loved like Popeye, Mr. Do!, Tapper, Kangaroo, and Kicker.

After enying my friends' Colecovision and then Nintendo, my parents finally got me a Nintendo which I'm proud to say I still have (had to replace the pin connector, of course). That Nintendo made me the huge Ninja Gaiden and Dragon Warrior fanboy I am today. Besides an original Game Boy, that was the only system I had until recently. But I never stopped picking up NES games, delighting when KB Toys was selling them new at $5 and then when discovering Funcoland and finally eBay.

Just this summer I got my first new console - a PS2. It was between that or an X-Box (largely because PS2 could play Dragon Warrior VII while X-Box had the new Ninja Gaiden). And just recently I got a SNES. I'm slowly building up my libraries for both, but still have a list of about 20 games I'd still like for my NES (and usually as soon as one game leaves the list, I find another to replace it).

Anyway, I discovered this site a few months ago and finally decided to set up an account. Hello everyone!
    "Dost thou love me?" "No" "But thou must!"

My Video Game Journal

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    DiabloNeonX on the internet, Don in the real world.

- Where you live
    Northern VA

- How you found the forums
    A link to the rarity guides at the message boards over at GameFAQs.com

- What your favorite games are
    Hands down, NES.

- What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS, Virtual Boy

- What you do in "real life"
    When I'm not working, hanging with friends, bowling, billiards, writing music, working on my websites (my personal collection website, and my new RPG website)

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been a long time video game fan. I don't know how I got started. It just sorta happened. I've been playing video games since 1982 (I'm 25 now. I was 2 years old when I started playing video games), and it's just something I love.