Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey fellow gamers. My name is Ben McCracken I go by Mog the Destroyer 'cause I like those cute little moogles from the FF games. I stumbled across Digital Press by accident I picked up a copy of EGM, the one with Gollum on the cover I believe, and saw the coverage of CGE and all the rare games. Me loving the NES so much and was already collecting for it checked out the site and fell in love. I am a county worker for Santa Clara, happily married to a supportive wife who loves the idea of "cheap" gifts for special occasions. Thats about it I plan on being here and supporting Digital Press for as long as humanly possible. Game On!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey fellow gamers. My name is Ben McCracken I go by Mog the Destroyer 'cause I like those cute little moogles from the FF games. I stumbled across Digital Press by accident I picked up a copy of EGM, the one with Gollum on the cover I believe, and saw the coverage of CGE and all the rare games. Me loving the NES so much and was already collecting for it checked out the site and fell in love. I am a county worker for Santa Clara, happily married to a supportive wife who loves the idea of "cheap" gifts for special occasions. Thats about it I plan on being here and supporting Digital Press for as long as humanly possible. Game On!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

- Joe V
    - Tampa, FL
    - Browsing Google
    - Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda ALttP/OoT, Resident Evil 4(Killer Graphics)
    - NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, PSX, PS2, Xbox, VB, PC
    - Room Server~Hard Rock Hotel
    - I grew up on the classics, and kinda took them for granted. Now that I realize how they were the pioneers of the gaming world, I show a greater appreciation for the revolutionary games; such as Goldeneye(being the first console multi-player FPS) and Super Mario 64(which surpassed other '3-d' games with fluent movement and fully 3-dimensional world).

di·lem·ma
    A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive.

"Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!" -Homer Simpson

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Who am I: Sam S.

Where I'm from: Stephenson, VA. Just a couple of miles from Winchester.

How I found the forums: Found a link on another forum.

Fav. Games: Ninja Gaiden 2, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, Lunar 2 (Playstation), Final Fantasy IV, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3... just to name a few.

Systems I collect for: Mainly Super Nintendo. I have 52 games for the system.

Real Life: Graduated from James Wood in '02, currently working at Shenandoah Valley Westminister Canterbury for the last 2 and a 1/2 years. Plan on leaving soon.

Other Hobbies: Collecting Sports Cards[/b]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Ed Wood and yes I've heard all the jokes about Plan 9 *chuckles* in fact I actually quite like the move for the cheesyness.

I'm still quite new to the collectors things here I'm mostly after Gamegear and Lynx stuff.

I'm in England down in the Wells area (Shepton Mallet for those who know the area).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello World.

My name is Bryan and I hail from Tampa, Florida in the good ole' USA.

I love video games of all shapes, colors sizes, and years. I'm mainly a calssic gamer. Most of my favorites predate '95. That may not qualify as "classic" to some of you...

Some of my favorites are the original Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, and Soul Blazer.

_/¯\_______________/¯\_/¯\______________________________/
    ¯\____/¯ Eldergod ¯\_/¯¯\_/¯ :: Do or do not. There is no try ::¯\

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there! The name's Samantha, or Sam for short. "Hey you" works, too. Soon to be 20 years.

I'm hail from western Nevada, where the only thing interesting is actually having access to the Internet. Heh. I stumbled onto DigitalPress.com just randomly. Can't really remember what I was doing. That was two hours ago. Oye.

My favorite games include: Guilty Gear X2, Secret of Mana, Gunstar Heroes, Final Fantasy VI, Katamari Damacy, and EarthBound.

I like all sorts of games, but generally rpgs, 2D fighting, racing, and puzzle games are my bag.

As far as my collecting habits, I'm on a quest to own every console RPG. So far, my main systems I own RPGs for would be GBA, PS2, PS1, and SNES. It's slow going, considering my limited funds. I'll probably get around to updating my very old game collection profile in a week or something like that. Busy with work and all.

Real life consists of work for me. It isn't half bad, though, because I'm 2nd in command at a game store. I play approximately 30% of the games I buy, and I maintain a long-distance relation with my squeeze. It's exhausing. I'm also looking into taking night classes at our local community college.

Started gaming back when I was 2. I played with my old man on his Intellivision. Then the NES came along, and I suppose that hooked me. And I just started to seriously collect in the last year. The sick thing is that I'm looking for all of the RPGs I sold maybe 2 years ago. They're all really expensive now, too. *sigh* Whoever said, "Ignorance is bliss" ought to be shot. Ignorance bites you in the rear later. ¬ ¬'

Anyways, nice to meet you all!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't belive I've never posted here, and i've been here for over a year.

- Who you are- Vinnyt
    - Where you live-Willowick
    - How you found the forums-GameFaqs
    - What your favorite games are-Shinig Force II, MLB series, Sonic series
    - What systems you collect for: SNES, Pico, Genesis
    - What you do in "real life"-Work at a pizza place
    Not really.

POST 1000 in this thread!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've just joined, and this seems the most fitting thread to tag onto first

Who am I? - I'm Jon. Notice the lack of "h". I hate it when people automatically assume the "h". Pet hate.

Where do I live? - UK, south. As far south as you can go, and to the east. South-east. Yes.

How did I find this forum? - A friend of mine found Nescapades which inspired me to find more wonderful game rooms. Which took me here, thankfully!

What are my favourite games? - Gosh, that's a wee bit hard for my first post. Something Sonic and something Mario. That'll do, no?

What systems do I collect for? - PC, N64, SNES, PS2 (and I'm looking in the long-term to pick up some PS1 games), Xbox and GameCube.

What do I do in real-life? - I work for Alpine Components. Just starting there. And in September, I'm going to Uni - or that is the plan, anyway. I've backed out the last few years - my colleciton cannot continue to grow without appropriate funding!

Anything else of interest? - Not really. Erm, these forums, and the Room Of Doom pages, inspired me to remodel my room this week. I took off the six sliding doors that hid my shelving before moving and reorganizing everything. It looks superb. Mess is not an option!

I hope to contribute to these forums like many have done so already. I just wish I found you guys sooner!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are- motoko_chan_o0o
    - Where you live-That one city with lots of lights and gambling
    - How you found the forums-my hubby is a member here!
    - What your favorite games are- Halo2 baybee!, Baulder's Gate series, Resident Evil series, basically any decent game platform with good graphics where you can kick the shit out of stufff
    - What systems you collect for: well, hubby does all the collecting, I'm just along for the ride.. we have xbox, ps2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Neo Geo, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, and I'm sure a bunch of others that I can't think of right now.
    - What you do in "real life"-I'm a Turnip Plebotomist... in ortherwords a Bill collector, you know those people you HATE to have call you? that's me!
    Well, since I married him, I really didn't have a choice hehe... No really I'm a big video Gaming fan, a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy geek myself.. so they just kind of go hand in hand!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Divine Atropos

- Who you are --- Name's Jed, but you could've guessed that. :P
    - Where you live --- Bayville, New Jersey
    - How you found the forums --- Someone on the NES board at GameFAQs referred me.
    - What your favorite games are --- The Wizardry series.
    - What systems you collect for --- Any
    - What you do in "real life" --- I'm a database admin at http://www.autoshopper.com as well as an avid (and aspiring pro) bowler.

I look forward to many successful transactions, both buying and selling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who I am---> Joseph Chesserr
    Where I live-> Bardstown, Ky... next door to a person that posts here named kraboomba.
    How I found DP-> Kraboomba
    Favorite Games-> Final Fantasy 7 ( sorry, Fan Boy and proud) Super Mario brothers, and Final Fantasy 3
    What systems i collect for-> none really but i am lookin in to the master system to start off with and then move to gensis (32x) sega cd and end with saturn.
    What i do in real lilfe-> Well i am a huge baseball fan and i love to go to the local ballpark and watch the louisville bats play when there home and i am not at work, love the reds and the braves. Other than that i go to work and come home and play city of heros.
    Interesting Facts-> I am a red headed short tempered irishman 21 years of age. I am a full time professional photographer.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heyou!

Name is Teo

I'm 23 years old

Live in Washington (NW)

Beat my Monkey Cliff Diving scores

Have a big collection of Nintendo rarifacts

Wonder's why the avatar does not work for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, all!

My name's Brock, I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've known about this board for a while and finally decided to sign up. I've been on CGCC.CA for about a year and a half, now.

I'm mainly a systems collector, with over 50+ systems to date, and have been collecting for almost 2 years.
    machine.slave

CLICK HERE!! To check out my collection for sale! Only $1500 for the lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

since i just did an intro at atariage thought i would just cut and paste it here too

How did you get into classic gaming?
    answer= mom and dad got me a atari 2600 for christmas (77) 2 weeks later i started collecting atari 2600 games. and still at it...

How big is your collection
    answer= TOO BIG, but yet not big enough.

what systems do you collect for?
    answer= mostly Atari 2600

Do you play games or do you mostly just collect, trying to get every last game?
    answer= mostly collect! every last game? NO, that's impossible!!

Ever been to any classic gaming events?
    If so, which ones?
    answer= World of Atari , CGE, NWCGE, SC3
    and would like to make it to eurocon,AGE, and at least one on the east coast..

- What are some of your interests besides classic gaming?
    answer=modern gaming

Do you enjoy mountain biking?
    answer= NO, i don't have a mountain bike

Listening to music?
    answer= YES anything but heavy metal and that kind of music that the base rattles your windows from 10 miles away!

Watching movies?
    answer= once in a while

What kind of movies?
    answer= action and horror movies

Traveling?
    answer= only at work

Programming? Knitting? Writing new homebrew games for classic gaming systems?
    answer= NO, NOOOO!!! and i wish i could!

- Where do you live?
    answer= vancouver, Washington

How long have you been there?
    answer= 5 years

Ever lived in any strange places?
    answer= Yes, an appartment! nuff said

- What do you do for a living?
    answer= i drive 14 ft and 24 ft trucks delivering mags and books to retailers. i LOVE to drive!

What would your dream job be,
    answer= i once had a job (4 years) where i mostly just went to the horse races and bet and watch the racing while being paid for it. (yeah nice job if you can find it)

if you're not already doing it?
    answer= other then the above answer i have my dream job now.

- Have you created any interesting websites you'd like to share?
    answers=
    http://community-2.webtv.net/AT2600C...Ricksgameroom/

http://community-2.webtv.net/AT2600C...WEISATARI2600/

http://community-1.webtv.net/AT2600C...ATARI2600SELL/

http://community-1.webtv.net/AT2600C...2600COLLECTOR/

http://community-2.webtv.net/A2600CO...VISIONPATCHES/

- What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
    answers= mostly AA and DP

- Does your forum name need any type of
    explanation?
    answer= NO!

Is there an interesting story behind it?
    answer= NO

- Do you have any pets? Any unusual ones?
    answers= NO and NO!

- Ever had your "15 minutes of fame"?
    answer= YES, i once played a solo on stage, in front of 2500 people while blinded. Yes, blinded... all the lights went off, then the spot light came on, and like i dope i looked into it! *rolleyes* needless to say i could not see a thing during almost all of the song. but still played it perfect!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

...After realising I have been on here for a little over a year and did not intruduse my self, I will now do so!

I am PentiumMMX, you can call me "Fred the Spanyard" if you want, I don't feel like saying where I live.

I discovered the fourms when I was looking for a decent Old-Skool Gaming fourm that was not loaded with "Nintendo 64 suck0rxxx! NES pwns!!11!11!", "ColecoVision rock0rz! I wanna' overclock it and play Halo!", and "GRRR! Nintendo Fanboy SMASH!"

I got into gaming when I got an N64, and the first system I played was an Atari 2600. I started collecting in 2003, starting with NES, Game Boy, and N64.

A few of my favorate games are "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night", "Mega Man 5", "Super Mario 64", "Mega Man X4", "Final Fantasy 7", "Ninja Gaiden", and "Zelda: Link's Awakening".

Outside of playing games, I enjoy watching anime and cartoons ("Xaolin Shodown" and "Mega Man: NT Warrior" are the best), and wacking stiff with a stick while shouting "TWO-MAGIC!".

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been coming here for a while, but just now decided to post.

-Who you are -Dustin
    - Where you live- In Salem, Oregon. Nice enough city, but not enough game stores
    - How you found the forums -came across it as I searched for a Dreamcast checklist
    - What your favorite games are Shining Force, Doom 1/2, Resident Evil, Silent Hill 2, Stranger's Wrath
    - What systems you collect for - Currently collecting for X-box and finishing up the Dreamcast. Used to have an almost complete N64 and halfway complete PSOne collection, but somebody robbed my house and took them all, it's too depressing to go buy them all again at the moment.
    - What you do in "real life" -stock shelves at Wal-Mart

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Missed this a couple of days ago...

I've been coming here for a while, but just now decided to post.

-Who you are - Andy.. .just hit 35 and still feel 15
    - Where you live - Live close to Manchester in the UK
    - How you found the forums - Actually found the forums through a group on Ebay!
    - What your favorite games are - After all these years, I still enjoy Populous, ToeJam & Earl and Astrowars
    - What systems you collect for - I used to collect that took my fancy, until it was getting underfoot. Sold everything then regretted it and starting again. I am going to be looking for Atari, Vectrex and 'Tabletops'
    - What you do in "real life" - in RL I am a Webmaster for an online recruitment site... means I do all the 'techy' things

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is -read my name tag

Doug~

37/married/3 kids ya gotta love life!!

At times I guess its more of collecting than playing(someday it will be the otherway around but until then get'em will you can!)

- small town minnesota
    - Luck
    - all 80's,modern fps pertaining to war.
    ~Atari 2600,7800,5200/sega saturn,dreamcast,some genisis/colecovision,pretty much all the classics!
    - What you do in "real life" Truck driver
    - My son!I said ebgames for ps2 games and he said something about ebay I said what and its consumed my life for a year and it continues!

ebay handle- diggs130

craziest buys 125.00 for star castle on the vectrex,I had to have it so Im happy

120.00 for star fortress on colecovision,same Thanks to the dude who beat me out and sold it to me 3 months later for his cost

Ive had a few good deals from sellers here to( redcurrie, mindlesspunk77, Drexel923, Chunky)

out.......

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am an old school collector from Arizona who has been out of the hobby for a while. I used to be very active back in the early-mid '90's on #RGVC. You know what I mean..can't drive anywhere without hitting the thrift stores on the way. Once you get there you are able to walk in and with just a glance at the shelf know whether anyone else has been there or new stuff has been added. "My name is Pam and I was a collecting addict." Yes, I even think I failed a course or two as a result of the need to hit the Value Village on the other side of town every Wednesday afternoon. You can Google my old email pammyk@primenet.com on Google groups to verify my identity.

It is now one child and one divorce later and I have dusted off my collection and am going to be selling it all. As much as I hate to do this (hmm..first born vs. Cubicolor) I don't think keeping it in storage is proper and need to pass on the joy.

I am trying to catalog as I go since I have multiple systems and lots of boxes of hardware, games, etc. I have listed my current auctions in the marketplace forum and if anyone wants to keep tabs on what I have found in the depths of the storage shed thus far I have current lists online at http://www.geocities.com/pammyk600/ which will be updated frequently.

- Where you live: Gilbert, AZ
    - How you found the forums: no brainer there
    - What your favorite games are: 2600 Adventure and Stampede, coin-op Amidar
    - What systems you collect for: 2600 is the main love but all the other systems are hard to pass up on in the wild.
    - What you do in "real life": former computer geek turned mom.

Happy Gaming!
    Pam