Page 52 of 164 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't get rid of everything Pam! My 3 year old son is a whiz at Super Mario Bros and just started playing Warlords the other day. Never underestimate the power of the retro genes.

Welcome aboard, and we hope you stick around even after your collection is gone!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've also been coming here for a while, but just now decided to post.

-Who you are - Alex.. .38 years old Asian
    - Where you live - Streamwood, IL, USA (nw suburb of Chicago)
    - How you found the forums - Cannot remember how I found this site, but maybe it was in my quest for collecting classic games for systems such as Odyssey 2, Atari 5200, etc.
    - What your favorite games are - I think I prefer any Sega arcade titles ported to the various home systems such as OutRun, After Burner, Virtua Racing, etc.
    - What systems you collect for - I collect games that I have interest in for Odyssey 2, Atari 5200, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (JP), Sega Game Gear, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn (US, JP), Sega Dreamcast (US, JP), TurboGrafx-16, Super NES, Playstation 2, Xbox/GBA/PSP (my brother's systems)
    - What you do in "real life" - Currently, I work at Motorola as product planning analyst, which involves making sure we have enough parts and accessories for 2-way radios for customer warranty/support period (similar to automotive parts being available when your car needs service).

BTW, if there are any cool gamers out there in my area, it would be neat to hang out and play some games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

Who you are - Earl-18 years old

Where you Live - Crownsville MD, a suburb of Annapolis
    How you found this forum - Been coming to the site for a while, just signed up today.

Favorite Games - Big Fan of Old Sega Arcade Stuff, also a good 2D action Adventure. Im Into a lot.

Systems I Collect For - Master System, SNES, Genesis, NGPC, NES, Virtual Boy, Oddyssey^2, Dreamcast.

How I started Collecting - An uncle of mine gave me his old oddyssey 2 games and system after I showed him how to hook it up, he gave me the system and games which totalled to about every game except about 6 or so, boxed.
    After that Ive just been picking stuff up at random places, and Falling into deals.

In Real Life I work as a Concierge at a surprisingly high-end Assisted Living Community, nice job, I get paid to help old people, and play my ngpc when its slow (about 2/3 of the time)

Anyone know the person thats "the" expert on the oddyssey^2? Id like to get those last few games.
    Welcome to Macintosh.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Raymond, I am a 17 year old student in 11th grade and live in East Stroudsburg, PA. Well I found this place when I was just randomly browsing Game sites via goolge search. I love anything related to Video Games more Specifically Sega and Sonic. Some of my favorite games in no particular order: Sonic 1, 2, and 3, Asteroids, Missile Command, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Tetris, Super Mario Brothers, Mortal Kombat 2, Soul Caliber, Frogger, Galaga, Space Invaders, GTA 2, 3, Vice, SA. Now own the collecting side of things Ill take anything I can get for any system even if I don't have it. I started getting into Video games with my first Game boy in 1990 I was 3 at the time and I loved it, I moved up to my Mom and Dads NES 1991 and The same time I got a Sears Atari 2600 off my Aunt with it came 160 Games. Then in 1993 When I got my Sega Geniuses and I immediately fell in love with Sega and Sonic. I had quite a nice collection by the Time the PlayStation and N64 came out Unfortunately my mom decided I didn't need all my other game stuff and tossed it on me I really had no say in it being only 9 at the time. The only thing that survived that was my Gameboy witch I still have now. So as time passed I got more and more into gaming and started re buying The systems I use to have and the ones I missed out on. Also I like to add anything I buy is going to get played I see no point in dropping a bunch of cash on something and not use it for what its meant to be used for. I got a small game room I set up behind my bedroom I went out and got a Nice 32" Flattube Toshiba TV for it about 3 Weeks ago my games have never looked better. I have all my systems hooked up to it and there easy to access, also I have a late 70's couch I got for free of my grandma back there its the most comfy thing I ever sat in perfect for them long hour gaming sessions. Well I guess that's it for now please pardon my Grammar and and Sentence structure I am very tiered and my have screwed it up a bit. All thats left to say is see you guys around the boards.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My names Moon Patrol... and im a Video Game Collector.

I suppose I should introduce myself before I try to make any deals on the buying and selling forum My names Josh, and im from southwestern Virginia, its not a fun place to live, but luckily no one knows the value of older game systems to someone like me! I ran across these boards one day just looking for random articles about the Sega Genesis and read the Extended Play article, which was pretty cool. I am currently collecting for my Sega Genesis, which I have had since 1993 I also collect (slowly) for my Master System. I have an NES, but what's the fun in collecting for it, if everyone else is, besides, I already have like 80 games for it, and that was just from when I was little! You could say im a crack baby when it comes to the 8-bit/16-bit age though.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Who you are - Tyler Willis (not very original with the handle)
    - Where you live- Texas
    - How you found the forums - Online Rarity Guide is my friend
    - What your favorite games are - FFVI, Lunar, FFX (insert your fav RPG here)
    - What systems you collect for - Primarily working on my DC collection (need about 25 to go for a complete US)
    - What you do in "real life" - I don't

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are --- My name is Al Bailey
    - Where you live --- Ottawa, Ontario (Canada)
    - How you found the forums --- I did a google search looking for NES information and came here.
    - What your favorite games are --- Bubble Bobble.
    - What systems you collect for --- Mainly NES, but also SNES, N64 and Genesis
    - What you do in "real life" --- I'm a software developer.
    - Any other interesting facts - I used to own a NES when I was a kid. In May of 2004 I bought one in a pawn shop and started looking for games to play on it. A year later, I have around 600 NES titles (not including label variations).

Al

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Vance. A 21 year old that should be studying for finals.
    - Where you live
    Well, when I'm at school I'm in Pullman, WA (about 8 months of the year for the last 3)
    Home (where I go when I'm not in Pullman) is in Prosser, WA
    (eastern side of Washington State, a better reference is that Prosser is about 30-50 miles West of the Hanford Site)
    - How you found the forums
    I can't really remember. I saw the DP stuff and when browsing the Saturn games that one can listen in a CD player decided I wanted to add 2 games I didn't see.
    - What your favorite games are
    Oh, tough one. Favorite seems to always change depending on what system I've played recently. I will have to say Super Mario Land for the GB is one that stands out. As for other favorites, I dunno.
    - What systems you collect for [I'll break it down by maker]
    NES, SNES, N64, GCN, GB, GBA
    Genesis, Saturn, DC, GG
    Playstation, Playstation 2
    XBox
    Although I'm working more on the older systems at the moment. These are just systems I own and have games for at the moment
    - What you do in "real life"
    College Student(attempting to major in Electrical Engineering), and computer tech for the on campus student computing services (they are the helpdesk for undergrad students, run some general purpose labs, clean computers of viruses and worms when people get their connection turned off).
    Not much else real life stuff.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I think my collecting just grew on the fact that anytime I was in the local video game store I wanted to be able to rent anything in there without having to shell out to rent a system as well. I don't think it was an initial goal to collect games, it was more to get the systems to play them. Although in the last few years the video rental store was just become horible, so I find myself buying more games. Plus I'm starting to want some of the systems that the rental place never had(like the Saturn, or any handhelds).

If anybody wants to know why "Swatty," it was left over from a high school class when I was "swat01." SWAT stood for something like "Students With an Aptitude/Attitude for Technology." The administration realized some students knew more than they did on computer stuff, so they got the students to help.

Great place here, I hope I can gather and contribute useful information.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all.
    My name is Dion Hicks, I'm 21 and have been playing games for 17 of those years. I live in Newfoundland Canada, and no I don't live in an Igloo or ride a dogsled. I'm a university student studying computer engineering and one day hope to become a game programmer myself. I mainly enjoy RPG's but I sometimes play FPS and fighting stye games, with Capcom games being my favorite. I own around 200 games, with the majority being Playstation and NES. My favorite games have to be Star Ocean 2, Xenogears and Final Fantasy 3. If you haven't played these RPG's yet, do so now. Hopefully I'll be able to pick some new games up here to add to my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My name is Zac Saxton. I'm 18 years old, and I've been collection for about a year now.

- Where you live
    Noblesville, IN

- How you found the forums
    Heard about them on RF Generation.

- What your favorite games are
    To be honest, I don't really have a favorite, but right now I'm playing Harvest Moon: Back to Nature the most, so I guess that's my current favorite.

- What systems you collect for
    Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Playstation, PS2, Neo Geo Pocket Color

- What you do in "real life"
    High school student.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been into video games my entire life, but I just started collecting in the last year. When I first started collecting, I had a Gamecube, Playstation 2, XBox, and SNES, plus about 50 or 60 games total. I now have 18 systems I'm collecting for, and a little over 200 games between all of them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my names Ell and I'm from Cleveland,OH. I found this site from a forum I go to called Sega Dreams. I have too amny favorite games to list but my all time favorite is Zelda A link to the Past. I collect for the NES, Genesis, SNES, PS1,PS2,Saturn,N64, Turbo Duo, Neo Geo AES and handhelds. I've been collecting since the 8 bit days and haven't looked back. My dad got me into collecting.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm John Crouse and I reside in Grand Rapids Michigan

Jerry McKenzie turned me on to the site after a Virtual Boy game purchase. I'm a computer geek and an IT Manager for a living. Most of my background is on the emulation side of retro gaming. You know, those nuts that build their own cabinets. I have three. You can see two of them here: http://home.comcast.net/~cpviewer . My full size upright is not pictured. It's the one I spend most of my time working on. I have about 50 platforms running on it. Everything from the original odyssey up to the PSX, 3DO and Dreamcast. I won't talk much about roms but I have most every one. I run a front end called MameWAH and am a moderator of the ArcadeOS/MameWAH forum at Mameworld. I spend most of my time writing small application and designing graphics for the emulation community. I sure wish it wasn't generally a free contribution community. I'd be rich.

I also spend a lot of time on a PC gaming. We have a clan (a group of OLD (40+) college friends) that use a program called Ventrilo (voice over IP) and talk for free over the internet while we play. Our favorite game is America's Army.

As far as consoles and collecting is concerned I'm a n00b. Actually I bought my first console about a month ago because I needed a N64 controller and it was bundled. Since then I have picked up a Virtual Boy (or 2 or 3) and am starting to collect the games. I like the technology and uniqueness of the system. Oh, I forgot about the Vectrex I have in the original box and 13 original boxed games, duh.

Well that's about it for me.

Take care,
    John

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The name is Kuros. I've been a lurker here and I sometimes use the rarity list to check out a few things. Drummy turned me on to the forums, which I never really checked out. I've been playing video games since I was 3, my brother got an NES for his 13th and I played the system more than he did.

I play and collect, up to 419 games so far.
    http://users.ign.com/collection/Kuros777

Latest thing I got was a Sega Nomad with 14 games, rechargeable pack, aaa pack, case, ac adapter, car charger and an extra controller. Working at a Gamestop has it's advantages.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Gary, I have been lurking, around here for about 2 years now, I joined the forums, last year, but didn't post alot. I am back now with a vengence...lol. I have been a game player all my life, but I have been collecting, for over 3 years now. I currently have all systems, from the sms and up. I enjoy gaming as do all of you, and I look forward to having fun with y'all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello...
    I'm new to these parts.. The name's Nick J. Phillips.. and I seem to enjoy old video games.. along with old music and movies.. I don't know why.. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the things I'll never experience again. I'm 18 years old.. I've got plenty of classic systems.. but I share something special with my Sega Genesis.. even though the sound is awful. But I enjoy all my systems equally. I love the show, "Rocko's Modern Life", but I hate the God awful attempt at a video game... That's all for now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

"Eternal Popcorn" (Honestly?... This probably isn't worth clicking.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Tatton and I'm from Columbus Ohio. I typically slave away in various IT and retail jobs, but I enjoy frequenting the various game stores in town and I'm an avid collector.

My favorite consoles are the Saturn, Turbo Grafx/Duo/PC-FX, and Neo Geo (in no particular order). I started collection back in 1999 when my girlfriend at the time got Magic Knight Rayearth US for Christmas and I realized I needed a Saturn so I could play it too. It all kinda snowballed from there.

I'm currently at 1864 games and I'm creeping toward my goal of 2000 by the end of the year. My systems vary from an original Odyssey up to Xbox/PS2/Cube. I'm a big fan of fighting games and role playing games, though I'll pick up just about any import I can find that wasn't released in the states.

I think that about sums it up. If anyone's interested, my collection can be viewed at http://users.ign.com/collection/darkizet

I look forward to posting and chatting with you guys!

-Tatton

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Jordan Brewer from Carroll County Virginia

I found DP buy somebody posting about it on GameFAQS

My Favorite Game is Animal Crossing

The systems I collect for is SNES, GC, Gen, and NES

I real life I go to school everyday and hate it

Something interesting about me is that I just turned 13 yesterday, and I've only been collecting games since Feb. 2004, but I still know abunch about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Hardy. I live in germany and I am 26 years old.
    I've found this site when I was on ebay.com...there was a notice of this site. My favourite games are RPG and sometimes shooter too. I am collecting these type of games for the PS, PS2, SNES, the Sega Mega Drive (german Sega Genisis) and the Master System. Don't matter if its PAL or NTSC.
    In real life I study communication and media management. Next year I'll do my abroad-year in the states. I'm looking forward :-)
    Hope you understand me a little bit cause my english is not so well ;-)

See ya

Hardy

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

Whats up fellas? I'm Steve, I'm 27 years and live in San Antonio, TX and I've been looking at the site for a couple of months now. I decided to sign up when i saw how many hardcore gamers are around here. Most of my friends in town are casual gamers so it's kinda hard to talk retro gaming with some of them.

I like all kinds of video games, but my favorite franchise is the Mario series. I also enjoy sports games as well. For the past year, I have been collecting all kinds of games for all my systems. I own a NES, Game Boy, Super NIntendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, PS2, XBox, Dreamcast, and I'm anxiously waiting for Nintendo Revolution to arrive. I've been going to flea markets, pawn shops, and thrift stores trying to find any kinds of older games, especially Nintendo 64 games and Dreamcast.

My other hobbies are playing basketball here in town just about everyday, and spending time with the family, and also rearranging my game room everyday. Hope to talk gaming with every one soon, Laters!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Danny

Found the place by being sent here by a fellow member at another forum on a quest for information.

Favorite games would have to be Zelda series, Shining Force, Mega Man, and Suikoden.

I collect for pretty much any system I can get my hands on, although my collection is not that large.

I do auto glass and upholstery mostly.

I started gaming and collecting when I was a little kid. A friend of my fathers and my neighbor had a NES and I became hooked from the first moment of playtime. As for actually collecting, I find it hard to let go of any game I buy. Unfortunately neccesity sometimes demands it.